Ike's FE Megathread {15.5}

Integrity

Sety: “I…see… So…mother died…”

Karin: “Lord Sety…”

Sety: “I was too late… I… I wanted her to see father just once more…”

*skip a few lines*

Sety: “Karin… You’re right. But my father was the only one who cure my mother’s illness. Even if I stayed by her side, there was nothing I could do except watch her fade away… That’s why I wanted to find my father no matter what.”

Glad to know that Lewyn is still father/husband of the year.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One note, the magi group actually gets another appearance in chapter 6 if you skip 4x.

so they do, so they do! i missed that somehow taking my notes. i'll be sure to mention it formally when we get there

EDIT: strikes me as kind of funny, though: you have to miss one of their appearances to get one of their other appearances to happen

Edited by Integrity

I must say, Ishtar definitely seems more sympathetic and less sociopathic in FE5 than in FE4, at least so far. She would have been a much better character in FE4 if she'd been written in that game like she is in FE5.

I must say, Ishtar definitely seems more sympathetic and less sociopathic in FE5 than in FE4, at least so far. She would have been a much better character in FE4 if she'd been written in that game like she is in FE5.

I have to agree there. This is especially true given her later dialog, which reveals that her relationship with julius is actuatly quite abusive, and thats why she is going along with him. THis is MUCH better charicterization than she gets in fe4.

fe4 would have been a much better game if it had been written to fe5's standards

that's the funny thing about the Judgral Games; fe4 does a lot (with a few missteps, like leen) and does most of it really badly; fe5 does nowhere near enough and does it generally quite well. one has quantity and sorely lacks in quality, the other has quality and sorely lacks in quantity.

it's a metaphor for communism

Edited by Integrity

that's the funny thing about the Judgral Games; fe4 does a lot (with a few missteps, like leen) and does most of it really badly; fe5 does nowhere near enough and does it generally quite well. one has quantity and sorely lacks in quality, the other has quality and sorely lacks in quantity.

it's a metaphor for communism

deep

"This chapter’s crime is chiefly taking too long. You can have up to sixteen chests to pop open, and the most you can ever do in a turn is FOUR COUGH COUGH I DIDN'T FORGET KEYS – not counting walking."

Well maybe don't fill up Lifis and Leaf's entire inventory with stuff you just don't need. That chapter is much easier if you just bring like 4 items max. Also you can have Lara arrive at doors and chests turns earlier if you rescue/drop her to the right places.

Edited by Mekkah

"This chapter’s crime is chiefly taking too long. You can have up to sixteen chests to pop open, and the most you can ever do in a turn is FOUR COUGH COUGH I DIDN'T FORGET KEYS – not counting walking."

Well maybe don't fill up Lifis and Leaf's entire inventory with stuff you just don't need. That chapter is much easier if you just bring like 4 items max. Also you can have Lara arrive at doors and chests turns earlier if you rescue/drop her to the right places.

I'd bring at least the scroll, lockpicks, the light sword, the armorslayer, 2 other swords for normal use for the next few chapters, the fire tome so that asvel has an alternative to grafcaliber, and the hero axe. THat plus the 4 extra chests the game gives you for not taking a full inventory gives you at least 12.

Edited by sirmola

If you take this on its own, and as honest, it’s at least believable. If this follows up on Genealogy’s “I’m going to throw them into sickass cage matches” explanation, it gets almost bizarre. Gladiators don’t tend to make great noblemen to rule over the rest of your subjects in an enlightened manner, as far as I’m aware. On the other hand, there is the potential that Julius is just straight-up lying to Ishtar and that “the training” is in fact hypermagical brainwashing and other great stuff that could come out of a Goodkind book. Or, hell, that he’s just delusional. I mean, hell, I’d raise kids to gladiator fight each other to become my new nobles after I’d purged all the ones who didn’t like me off the continent, wouldn’t you?

Well, to be fair, the Loptyr Empire probably doesn't want great noblemen and statesmen to rule their empire, it probably wants heartless killing machines who are good at oppressing the population and remorselessly and obiediently killing off resistance / random people (at least I think that's what they want? I'm not sure; Loptyr is an exceptionally bland villain). So I think Julius might actually be telling the truth. But it would also make sense if he were lying or just delusional. It is Julius, after all.

The kids, by the way, are named. One of them is named Boy. They’re not all Boy and Girl, they’re Cliff and Emily and Bela and …Boy

One thing that I distinctly remember about Thracia is that it had a tendency to name those captured kids after FE2 characters, so I think Boy is supposed to be Boey.

Edited by Hattusili the Egg

Well, to be fair, the Loptyr Empire probably doesn't want great noblemen and statesmen to rule their empire, it probably wants heartless killing machines who are good at oppressing the population and remorselessly and obiediently killing off resistance / random people (at least I think that's what they want? I'm not sure; Loptyr is an exceptionally bland villain). So I think Julius might actually be telling the truth. But it would also make sense if he were lying or just delusional. It is Julius, after all.

One thing that I distinctly remember about Thracia is that it had a tendency to name those captured kids after FE2 characters, so I think Boy is supposed to be Boey.

Clarification: the Japanese translation of Boey is Boi. The translator didn't translate that correctly, as Boi is a Japanese name, as Super Sentai has pointed out to me.

Yeah. The FEWOD guide even calls him Boey.

I'd bring at least the scroll, lockpicks, the light sword, the armorslayer, 2 other swords for normal use for the next few chapters, the fire tome so that asvel has an alternative to grafcaliber, and the hero axe. THat plus the 4 extra chests the game gives you for not taking a full inventory gives you at least 12.

Personally, I'd probably ditch the Light Sword for a vulnerary, and I don't exactly need a Fire tome for Asvel when there are thunder mages in the exact same map he joins in.

Personally, I'd probably ditch the Light Sword for a vulnerary, and I don't exactly need a Fire tome for Asvel when there are thunder mages in the exact same map he joins in.

Why would you ditch Leif's personal weapon that is IMO very useful and often comes in handy?

Because I'm insane and hell-bent on preserving uses for no good reason. That's why I said "personally"

Then again, 60 uses, so I'm just being silly here.

Oh. I didn't remember those, and didn't see them on WOD. If there are thunder mages, you can skip the fire tome (although i would perfer to build up fire rank)

Yeah, it's a bit silly to ditch the item that's both a weapon and a vulnerary with 60 uses, in exchange for a vulnerary with 3.

It's fine though, we've all got hoarder habits we're struggling away from.

Edited by Miacis

Funnily enough the light sword is the only thing I usually take in.

excuse the delay, kids - i have work i need to hammer at over the weekend so an update is not forthcoming. the screenshots are taken, i just need to type it up and i probably won't have the attention span to do it today/tomorrow.

actually, just expect updates to be sporadic until about the first week of september while i try to get tons of work mopped up in time for the new semester to start~