Ike's FE Megathread {15.5}

Integrity

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let’s all link our arms and pray that this last week isn’t going to be indicative of my school schedule come next semester. Holy shit. I spent Monday not working on this, assuming I’d have time later in the week; Tuesday was my birthday; I spent Tuesday night and Wednesday morning drunk and hungover, plus most of both days proofreading a friend’s dissertation (145 pages, written by committee by two lads who learned English as adults, in two days) except for a part where my time was wasted by a useless meeting; all of Thursday and half of Friday at work because my boss and I are trying to crank out this project fully before school starts up. And then yesterday, while getting restarted, I got interrupted to help move the goats’ fenceline and a hornet flew into my boot and bit me right on the ankle tendon and I ended up lying on the basement floor for the better part of an hour. Notes and screenshots have been ready the entire time. I don’t know if you guys are worth this pain.

ou4DROO.png

Let’s get going. We’re doing 5 and 6 today which, combined with the previous chapter and paralogue, cover the bulk of this arc of Thracia, also known as the actual start to the game’s story.

GmHPRkJ.png

We open up here with Evayle and Nanna in an arena, with Leidrick watching creepily. This scene is bizarrely intricate, all things considered – there’s something to the tune of three different points at which it can go three different ways (my notes are fuzzy), and a lot of the different points in them are worth noting individually. Even from a gameplay-as-narrative perspective, since the chapter is indoors, Nanna is forced as her dismounted version, which helps to enforce the fact that she’s kind of helpless right now.

Eyvel: “Mareeta!? What happened to her?”

Nanna: “I-I don’t know. We were seprated as soon as we arrived here…”

Eyvel: “…Reidric! What is the meaning of this? You said you would let me see my daughter. Did you lie to me?”

Reidric: “No, of course not. I’ll bring you to your daughter. If…”

Nanna: “Eyvel! Swordsmen are approaching us!”

oXTb7X9.png

The dialogue here isn’t anything special, but it’s at least important in that we see the return of Proper Strong Evayle, not the stuff we had at the end of chapter 3. Otherwise, eh.

tpt4EKS.png

The map itself is a mixture of “weird but pretty good” and a single instance of “what the fuck?” – you walk around the arena counter-clockwise and fight men and get your girls back, but there’s this one chest tucked out of the way like a billion turns of movement. And it’s an escape map, so you can’t just kip and dodge out as soon as you open the chest, because then your thief will vanish into the aether. And it’s not like it’s a side objective that you have to commit men to – you just send one of your bad fighters off on a long walkabout to come back with a statbooster. It’s not required, but it’s still really dumb map design, particularly considering that the other treasure in this map is really good map design.

jOCaSB5.png

On the far side of the clock, a huge pack of bookdaves start moving toward you pretty much immediately, which gives you a real impetus to get moving right now – if they beat you to the arena door (about at 2 o’clock) then you’re not going to be able to smash through them to get to Nanna, who doesn’t need to survive – you don’t get a game over if she bites it after all this time, counter to expectations, which is nice.

jgRFdfr.png

In the center of the clock, Evayle and Nanna are matched up against Leidrick’s three swordsmen, one of whom is a swordsman. Evayle’s really tough, but you can’t just throw her in and guarantee her survival here – it’s not autopilot victory, which is more niceness from this chapter. Like I said, the chapter is really nice except for the one unnice bit.

DMuY90B.png

Berdo, the excellently named, shows up to watch the gladiatorial games with Leidrick.

Berdo: “Well, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands… …And this is not what you said you would be doing.”

Reidric: “Haha… You will see, Bishop Berdo…”

Berdo: “I see… Then I suppose I shall enjoy it while it lasts.”

Reidric: “It is all up to that swordswoman… I certainly hope she is as powerful as the rumors go.”

I like this kind of villain banter. It’s not drawn-out, it’s not just them being comically evil, it’s not even them being on the same page here. Berdo shows up and he’s like “fuckin’ seriously, dude?” and Leidrick doesn’t care, so Berdo settles down to watch too. Leidrick is totally decadent and out of touch with the world, and it rules.

FKwoFUF.png

The map continues, chewing on daves in a circle and

7tsyrPu.png

chewing on daves in the circle. It’s fun but it’s not terribly interesting, ya know? I’ve pointed out all the good shit about the map design except one thing already, so just assume that I’m eating my way around the circle in the background. Let’s talk about the map’s big set piece instead.

9lhuzRT.png

The arena has a surprising number of if statements and failsafes programmed into it, up to and including “Leif arrives and everybody is dead.” There isn’t an outcome for the arena that fails the map for you; these things, generally, aren’t important. Leif is. Leif is your only fail condition for most, maybe all, of the game.

Meanwhile, this particular scene pops up when Evayle kills a unit or when Leif gets close to the arena gate. Mareeta gets dragged in and—

8VDlWci.png

pxnpZT8.png

iLwvyks.png

Dang.

Eyvel: “Mareeta…!”

Reidric: “Well, what is it like to see your beloved daughter?”

Eyvel: “…What have you done to her?”

Reidric: “Nothing. In fact, she was trying to escape, so I lent her a hand by giving her that sword. …The Blade of Darkness, was it?”

Eyvel: “The Blade of Darkness…an evil sword… Are you trying to turn her into a crazed killer!?”

Reidric: “There was a curse on that sword? Well…I never knew that.”

Eyvel: “Don’t play dumb! …Why, you…!”

Reidric: “Shouldn’t you be worrying about yourself? I hear that that sword is among the deadliest of its kind. Hahaha…!”

Eyvel: “Reidric…! Mareeta! Wake up!”

It’s a little over-the-top, but I think it’s forgivable in the moment. I commented some time ago that one of Thracia’s problems is that Leidrick feels too mis-bossey for the kind of feeling Fire Emblem, uh, always, invariably goes for, but he’s honestly a pretty good villain when he’s around. Unfortunately, he’s about to leave the stage for a while. He won’t be mentioned again even in passing for the next third or so of the game, and my notes don’t even make it to his next appearance yet, but he’s more or less the final boss of the game.

This scene is the right way to do things, but how about if you don’t go fast enough? If Evayle gets captured at any point, Berdo comments to Leidrick that he’s got great plans for her – he’s gonna turn her into a statue, cart her off, and do his evil Loptyr magic shit on her, because her swordsmanship is great. This is the endgame of the stage unregardless of what you do, but there’s a different event for firing it off early. If this happens before Leif makes it to save Nanna, there’s a bit more scene to go with it.

Soldier: “…What shall we do with Finn’s daughter?”

Reidric: “Hm… Leave her. She won’t be able to escape anyway. …Now, what shall we do with this one?”

Soldier: “……”

Nanna: “…Eyvel…”

A major difficulty of the Talking Heads Texting One Another format of storytelling, AKA Fire Emblem, is that you need a really good writer to convey tone using what amounts to nothing but dialogue, particularly in the old days where a sprite was lucky to have two whole expressions. On the other hand, that means that I can be charitable to the game – Leidrick’s plan all along was to get Evayle petrified, he doesn’t care about Nanna. Generic Soldierman, though, isn’t a total monster, so he’s more than a little uncomfortable with this whole notion. Then again, what happens to people who go against orders in the empire? There’s so much that ellipsis could convey in another medium, any in which the soldier’s options to express himself went beyond “dialogue.”

bMxRZp2.png

Anyway, we did it right, and Mareeta’s here. The next phase is pretty fixed – you just have to not die for a turn or two.

fdbzDBX.png

aJpUH91.png

Berdo: “Her love for her mother is slowing her down. She’s resisting the sword’s power with all her might… Look, can’t you see those tears?”

Impossible, a little girl is pure of heart! It’s a little eye-rolly, but it’s not bad, and I enjoy Berdo’s involvement in this chapter. He, a Loptyr cultist, actually has any clue about all this magic shit unlike anybody else, and he talks about it. It’s not just everyone knowing everything or a lot of other knowledge-dissemination tropes that Fire Emblem fights with (Leif’s going to learn about the child hunts for the first time again later today), it’s the guy who logically should know stuff knowing stuff and the guy who doesn’t have any reason to know stuff being frustrated when stuff doesn’t work like he thinks. It’s Competent, and Goddamn I’ll take Competent any day after Genealogy.

If you capture or kill Mareeta, Leidrick has a little comment. This can also end in Evayle losing, and cut to her petrification, by the way.

Reidric: “What…! You knocked her out… I-Impossible…” SLASH “What…! How could you win against the Blade of Darkness…?”

Eyvel: “…Reidric. You will pay for this.”

Reidric: “D-Damn…!”

hVlBrm6.png

Good shit. Evayle and Nanna pretty much have to beat a fighting retreat back towards the entrance where you’ll pick them up, not because you know you’re going to get them out of there, but because that’s how the arena fight organically pressures you. There’s a huge difference in design between having you do something janky because you know it benefits you, like positioning for Scorpio’s ambush in Genealogy’s final chapter after Hilda telegraphs it, and doing the ‘right’ thing because the level design applies pressure to get you to make the decision to make that choice. This is the latter. This is good.

Gnls5ZW.png

Bye, bookdaves.

dQoVmIA.png

When you crack open the door, most of the rest of the arena events fire. You’ll notice that there are more lines of dialogue and event flags assigned to this circle inside of a circle in chapter 5 than there were to pretty much any of the previous entire chapters. That’s Thracia for you.

QOatYTe.png

The right path, again, is if Leif opens the door and Nanna and Evayle are both still alive. There’s not exactly much to these conversations, but it’s nice that they exist.

S0sbI3b.png

Cleverly, as long as Evayle is alive it ends with these words – doesn’t matter if Mareeta is dead, alive, or captured, it covers you either way. Nice going. If Nanna is captured, there’s a variant to the conversation with a good bit for Leif.

Eyvel: “Lord Leaf…I’m sorry… I…couldn’t protect Lady Nanna. She was captured again…”

Leaf: “Nanna… Well, if she’s alive, there’s still hope. We can still rescue her again!”

Optimism reigns supreme, here. Nanna and Evayle can both be dead, too.

Leaf: “She’s not here… Was the information I got wrong…? Wait… Eyvel!? Eyvel! No…! How could this happen…”

It’s not that there’s much to these little bits of conversation, but I like that they exist. It would be so easy to make Nanna’s death a failure condition, have Evayle be functionally (if not actually) unkillable, and then just have one set of conversations you were guaranteed to see in the proper order every time you played, but they didn’t do that. It’s particularly nice because Leif isn’t wrong – if Nanna is captured you do get another chance to save her, much later in the game. Plus, after all of them,

c1wLOYC.png

mBUqdB8.png

Leidrick loses his shit. I love it when a villain actually reacts to us as a threat, rather than just smugly not adjusting or bothering to react to anything we do because they’re so totally self-assured. That sums up a lot of my beef with Genealogy, to be honest.

At this point, once all the other success conditions are met (arena opened, Evayle not dead, Mareeta dead or captured), Berdo will finally get his shit together and petrify Evayle.

Reidric: “S-Someone! Do something about that woman! She will kill us all!”

Berdo: “Reidric, there is no need to panic. Leave it to me.”

Eyvel: “What… …!!”

Reidric: “Well… The rumors about your magic are true, I see.”

Berdo: “Hahaha…”

Reidric: “What a perfect statue we have here. Hahaha… All right, we have nothing to fear now! Kill them all! Don’t let them get away alive!”

And that’s pretty much it for the text in this map. I’ll cover it more at the end of the arc, but I think this hits the stride of minimalism that isn’t …well, chapter 2 and feels like nothing goes on, but doesn’t overwhelm you with text. There’s a large set piece. The text revolves around that large set piece. There’s a lot of ways for the text to go, but you’re not going to see all of them at once. You don’t have optional conversations, because there’s no time for that shit.

pMjoVcY.png

Meanwhile, we carve around the rest of the clock.

n97I3tf.png

Here, at 9 o’clock, is the other chest I mentioned a long time ago. The one at 5 o’clock is just a hell of a bunch of walking for one of your most unuseful combat units, this one is actually a bonus. Those two staffdaves are fucking Akinfenwa beast mode bullshit, and they will mess you up. On the other hand, there are two tantalizing chests right behind them. On the other hand, you’re at the end of the map, and the escape point is about one turn to the south of them. There’s no way to really cheese this, you just nut up and take them out if you want the treasure, or run out the map and take your victory and they won’t bug you. This is good optional treasure design.

b2tEBKn.png

What do you think we do?

BkzVQuZ.png

And cut.

Gf89xxQ.png

Time to get the hell out of here in another fairly scripted chapter that’s well designed. Two in a row?

FfAYhtC.png

Agust D is back and he’s about to drop a fucking load of text on us.

[spoiler=i aint frontin] August: “This way, Lord Leaf.”

Leaf: “Bishop August!? What are you doing here?”

August: “I was making plans to rescue you, but apparently there is no need for that now. …You look upset, but I am glad to see you are safe.”

Leaf: “August… I’ve never hated the Empire as much as I do now. They killed my parents, and they even took away the one person who I could call my mother. I hate the Empire…and I hate that Reidric, who follows its commands to do evil. Tell me, August. How can I fight against them? I would do anything to get her back. Please tell me, August!”

August: “Eyvel has been turned to stone? If that is the case, I am afraid there is nothing we can do.”

Leaf: “! …What do you mean? Is there no way to bring her back!?”

August: “A certain staff called the Kia can revive petrification. However, Manfroy, the Lopto Archbishop, has sealed that staff, and it can only be used by those of his heritage.”

Leaf: “What? No…”

August: “I have heard rumors of a secret Lopto temple in the underground of the Yied desert. They say that the statues of various warriors are kept there. I have even heard that the statues include the captives of the war in Barhara from a decade ago. I am sure that Eyvel’s statue will be taken there as well.”

Leaf: “That… That’s impossible!”

August: “I understand your anger, but those ‘impossible’ things that you speak of are currently happening, Lord Leaf. Already, thousands…no, tens of thousands of children have been kidnapped from this land of Thracia and taken to the Imperial Capitol of Barhara. Areas like Manster and Lenster have been hit particularly hard because of the strong Lopto influence on them… Children are seldom seen there any more.”

Leaf: “Are the parents just sitting there watching? Why won’t they stand up and fight!?”

August: “Of course they are putting up some resistance, but they are still ordinary citizens. They are no match for the Imperial Army or the Lopto Church. If they are not killed on the spot, they are taken away to concentration areas where they are mass-executed. Lopto’s mage army, the Schwarze Rosen, is especially cruel. If one villager tries to oppose them, the entire population is burned alive. It is almost a reiteration of the Dark Ages… People have lost their will to resist and have become slaves for those in power.”

Leaf: “How…cruel.”

August: “Yes. Northern Thracia used to be a land of blue skies and rich greenery, but now it is covered in an endless cloud of darkness. Lord Leaf, I understand your concern for Eyvel, but you have more important deeds to attend do. What the people of Northern Thracia truly need is a hero who can unite them into an army to stand up and fight. And you are the perfect example, Lord Leaf. Being the son of the tragic heroes Cuan and Ethlin, you automatically have the right to unite the people. Do you understand? If you stand up, the rebel forces of Northern Thracia will come together to form a single force that will have the power and ability to drive out the Empire and the Lopto Church.”

Leaf: “…I haven’t given up saving Eyvel, but I understand what you’re saying. If you want me to lead the liberation of Northern Thracia, then I’ll do it. Rebuilding Lenster and leading its army to defeat the Empire… That was a dream Finn and I have been talking about for years! August, if you would support me as an advisor, I have nothing to fear! All right, what should we do now?”

August: “Yes… I wanted to hear that resolve from you. For now, we must escape.”

Leaf: “There are soldiers everywhere coming after us. Is there a safe way out?”

August: “I suggest using the side gate in the east. The problem will be getting through the castle undertown. If a guard sees us, he will call for reinforcements, making our escape that much more difficult.”

Leaf: “So we have to go unnoticed by the guards… That will be tough.”

Holy shit.

Here’s the highlights in case your attention span is analogous to mine and you opened that spoiler and said fuck that:

Agust D was going to rescue us, but well, we’re rescued already. He’s got a good guess where Evayle’s statue is taken, and he knows how to unpetrify her in theory, but Manfroy (always fucking Manfroy) has it locked away. That’s not gonna stop us or anything, but hey.

Agust D explains the child hunts to Leif. Leif reacts appropriately, like somebody who is just learning about the child hunts. Wait, what?

Agust D explains to Leif that northern Thracia is a shithole. Well, yeah, seriously, I think Leif probably knew that. He’s been in this little village for like three years. Also, the Loptyr cult super soldiers are named German for Black Roses, which is so incredibly tryhard I love it. SLYTHERIN HOUSE

Finally, Agust D outlines the chapter to us. Escape. That’s it. It’s a little more complicated than that, and the chapter is actually well-designed, but I like the synopsis better.

3dnTpVG.png

Karin pops up for her second-to-last relevance in the game to remind us about the rescue mechanic and that she flies.

Karin: “Hermes is saying he’ll do his best. Pegasi usually only allow women to ride them, but he says he’ll bear with us for now. Good boy.”

August: “…I suppose we can rely on her for our escape. Now, the question is getting through the castle town…”

Agust D is a dick about it for no reason.

EDD5GiK.png

Leidrick hangs out in the top, and there’s a huge squad of dudes with him.

bQ0ik2C.png

We have to sneak through the town.

tgMVc8M.png

There’s doors we can open, and a lot of shit in the houses, including a character, and Karin can fly over the walls too. There’s also access to the convoy here, which lets us dump off all the shit we took in the last few chapters.

6YDzATV.png

Safy makes a cameo, and the line is nowhere in my script, so I have no idea what the context of this was anymore.

5Sootpg.png

A few turns in, this dude pops up. He’s Galzus. He’s Mareeta’s dad, and Leidrick hired him. He turns out at some point to be the prince of Rivough, which you may remember as the place that got burned the hell down when the Grannvalean-Isaachian war began at the beginning of Genealogy, and he’s got the same blood as Ayra and Shanan and such. So’s she, for that matter. He dumps Mareeta, who he snatched from Leidrick secretly, on Saias and leaves. We’ll talk a lot about Saias at some point, he’s pretty irrelevant now.

Cyas: “…I see. It is a rather large burden for one traveling alone, but I shall take care of her nonetheless. Farewell, Galzus!”

He’s mostly important for sassing Galzus about it.

APvLKWZ.png

Doot doot doot. The mans in the village wander, so you can snag everything and run without fighting much or probably at all, if you’re smarter than me, but it takes time and positioning and have you been reading this LP?

RfFI7I5.png

Around this point, as we’re fucking these boiz up, as some dude in the thread pointed out forever? ago give or take, Ced will show up with the Magi Squad to cause a diversion to help you escape, but only if you didn’t get 4x. He brings nine daves with him, meaning that the Magi Squad is at least four times as big as we gave it credit for, and leaves four turns later. You cannot interact with him in any way.

sZ9ud9X.png

The housedaves here reward us for saving the kids in 4x, including Hicks. Hicks is a worse Brighton who joins you and, importantly,

Hicks: “Hey, I was waiting for you guys. I heard you saved Maphy, my son. Thanks to you, I was able to hide him in safe place, along with the other children. I’m Hicks, an Axe Knight of Manster. I was thinking it was about time to teach that Reidric a lesson. I’ll fight alongside you.”

says exactly this in the entire game. I’m pretty sure he never talks again. He’s even more neglected than Ronan, because at least Ronan is responded to by his mom. No character ever talks to Hicks.

The housedaves are also funny because they’re super grateful if you saved the kids in 4x, but if you didn’t?

Old Housedave: “Cliff will never return… It’s no use expecting anything from you, who aren’t even Holy Warriors. We can only hope for light from the east…”

Female Housedave: “…I have given up hope for Boy. No…it’s not your fault…”

Housedave: “Ha, you call yourself the Liberation Army, huh? Well, my little sister’s still captured! Don’t go around acting like a hero when you can’t do shit!”

Hicks: “Get out of my house! You call yourself the Liberation Army, when you can’t even save one kid? You people sicken me!”

More Different Female Housedave: “Bella…she’s gone forever… And I know you people can’t do anything…”

If you didn’t, they’re incredibly bitchy to you. Yeah, fuck you people, I’m sorry we broke out of prison and saved a bunch of prisoners but didn’t save your fucking kids. Screw them. Also, Isaach is north of you, you old pillock, not east. Seliph’s coming from your north. Why did I bother saving your grandson?

FUw3lLu.png

I’m not even sure how this happened, but it did.

3ZY5SaB.png

The EliteqSVBnに gives one unit Elite, doubling their XP gain forever. Who gets it, thread? I’m going to solicit this one and maybe even listen.

Ix1LE4p.png

Ding ding ding.

FwhOqak.png

Note that my minimal focus on gameplay really downplays this chapter’s strength. There’s a lot of stuff to get out of it, but you have to put yourself in real harm’s way to get at it, and you can only mitigate the risk so much. If you sneak around, you can take too much time and have the real enemies descend on you. If you crash through the enemy army, you’re going to have a very tough but not unwinnable fight. What makes the chapter great, though, is that all these rewards are ultimately optional. You can just say ‘fuck it’ and go down the right side – it takes you by a little bit of treasure, not the best stuff, and gives you access to the shops and convoy, and you’re pretty much guaranteed to get out. You can lose most of your army in chapter 5 and still escape Thracia by the skin of your teeth with just Leif and Karin, and then be rewarded with more meat at the end of chapter 7. This is an escape map where smashing through the enemy line is an option, but it isn’t the option, it’s actually risky, and when the enemy’s main force arrives it’s going to grind you out. Plus, the further down the map you get, generally the better off you are for pulling off a fighting retreat as you go, since the terrain favors you more. This is a pretty good map, and it’s hard without being dumb bullshit hard.

Don’t worry, Thracia will go there too.

5Apkspv.png

If you’re still faffing about after a good while, Galzus moves out. Galzus is Huge. He is Level Twenty, he is Promoted, and his sword Attacks Twice. You can cheese him, even capture him and take his sweet sword, but I’m not a total powergamey fucker, just a little bit of one.

1avwo6J.png

Pictured: Huge.

mIVXsWG.png

Anyway, poof, we’re outta here. Last conversation.

JvzQpCL.png

Leidrick’s pretty pissed.

Reidric: “Command General Eisenhow to lead his troops and pursue him immediately! It will be a pain if Leaf escapes into Thracian land.”

Leidrick actually has a general named Eisenhow. This is why names get changed in localization – I dunno about you guys, but I wouldn’t be able to take General Eisenhow seriously no matter what he did.

Reidric: “By the way, what happened to that Mareeta girl? I haven’t seen her…”

Soldier: “Well, I was going to tell you, but… The guards were ambushed, and she was taken…”

Reidric: “You are all so useless! Do you not have any idea at all who did it!?”

Soldier: “Whoever did was clearly a very skilled individual. Some people say that they saw that mercenary, Galzus, near the scene… Are you sure he can be trusted, my lord?”

Reidric: “Hm… Galzus…”

This conversation is the end of Leidrick’s relevance for a good, long while, but it’s pretty flattering to him. Notably, it walks a thin line that’s hard to do; Leidrick is losing this battle, but he hasn’t lost quite yet and he isn’t losing the war against Leif, and somebody’s pulling a fast one on him but he knows about it and has good reason not to act.

Soldier: “Some claim that they saw the markings of Ordo on his back. If that’s true, it means he is of the royal family of Isaac…”

Reidric: “Hmph, I am not so foolish as to hire a mercenary of unknown origins. Yes, he is part of the Isaac family. He is the prince of the now demolished Kingdom of Libo. He is in fact the cousin of Prince Shanan of Isaac.” TN: this took me a while but Libo is Rivough

Soldier: “Isn’t Prince Shanan one of the leaders of the rebel forces against the Empire? Is it safe to hire one of his relatives into our service?”

Reidric: “Do you not know anything? The Kingdom of Libo, Galzus’ country, was invaded and destroyed by Isaac’s forces, led by Shanan’s grandfather. Galzus was put through many hardships since he was a youth because of that. Do you really think he would help Shanan?”

Sure, it’s a little bit heavyhanded and a little bit painfully spelled out for us, but it’s not that bad by Fire Emblem standards and it works fairly well if you consider Thracia as a sequel or as a standalone experience. Rivough being smashed by Isaach happened a long time ago both for us (chapter zero of Genealogy) and for Soldier (twenty-odd years ago). This isn’t something I particularly mind having spelled out to the player and it would make perfect sense that a junior soldier doesn’t know about it either. The wording could use work, but that’s just picking nits.

Reidric: “I can see why he let that girl escape… I saw the same markings on her back as well… Hahaha…”

Soldier: “What?”

Reidric: “No, it is nothing. Anyway, don’t worry about Galzus. That girl is of no use to us any more. However, we can’t afford to lose Galzus, so don’t do anything to him.”

And Leidrick recognizes his real asset here is Galzus, so he chooses to overlook Galzus’ little transgression and sweep it under the rug. Obviously, it’ll bite him in the ass eventually, but it’s not like it’s blind, dumb, preventable hubris that does him in or anything – he’s making the right call right now for his situation. I’m not going to say this is great, award-winning villainy, but it’s a step up from a lot of what Genealogy gave us.

Next time we’ll wrap up the escape from Manster arc and I’ll do a little debriefing, maybe push on to 8 and 8x. Maybe I’ll even not take two weeks to do it this time. Ciao, and don’t forget to give me a who and why for that sexy EliteqSVBnに.

Edited by Integrity

please refresh your pages as noble sf user harudoku has reminded me of the full name of the EliteqSVBnに and it has been summarily edited in

if you don't like humor then it's a good thing you're in this thread

because integrity isn't funny ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

destroyed, tbh

Humor makes me cringe.

same

if you don't like humor then it's a good thing you're in this thread

because integrity isn't funny ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

destroyed, tbh

nice

i think you'll find that the localisation is in fact 'EliteqSVBn1Z', and that it should go to either Brighton or Ronan.

Redric or whatever he's called might be the best villain in FE, honestly.

Edited by Parrhesia

I'm pretty sure the Saphy scene is a translation patch bug that's supposed to be Cyas saving Mareeta. It fits with the rest of it and when he shows back up in chapter 12 to talk to her.

edgy

also i'm like 95% sure tina starts with elite

edit: wait that's sara but they're similar enough so whatever

Not at all. Tina is a Staffbot that can go anywhere and act twice. Sara is Prayer + Wrath.

As far as EliteSSBM4... Give it to Lara so she can become the best dancer.