Fire Emblem is now considered a Major IP by Nintendo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to cue:

Fire Emblem's in the big leagues with the likes of Super Mario, Pokemon, and The Legend of Zelda.

When do we get our Fire Emblem multiverse fanservice fighter game?

Edited by Roflolxp54

Well would you look at that! I hope this bodes well for the series! I get a bit scared by statements like "more accessible", but at the same time, they admitted that Fire Emblem is known for being tough to beat (and I got the impression they meant that in a good way), so maybe my fears are unfounded.

So, what could this mean in the long run? Bigger budgets? More crossovers? Absolutely nothing?

Well would you look at that! I hope this bodes well for the series! I get a bit scared by statements like "more accessible", but at the same time, they admitted that Fire Emblem is known for being tough to beat (and I got the impression they meant that in a good way), so maybe my fears are unfounded.

So, what could this mean in the long run? Bigger budgets? More crossovers? Absolutely nothing?

Ah...

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/%22Tiki_is_my_Wife%22_P

Yeah, maybe skip on that one.

Now people will no longer complain about Fire Emblem having too much characters on Smash!

Who am I kidding? Of course they will still do that

Anyway, I really do wonder what this will mean for the series, and people's opinion on this.

Edited by Water Mage

Anyway, I really do wonder what this will mean for the series, and people's opinion on this.

My hopes:

More fans bring in more money, and Intelligent Systems can really add some cool stuff, attract more skilled workers and whatever perks more money and influence can give you.

While I don't think Fire Emblem should become like Pokémon, if it becomes more popular, chances are higher they'll get a spin-off or a crossover like Hyrule Warriors, which did much better than expected.

Fire Emblem games get a higher priority and more installments come out faster (although hopefully not rushed, obviously).

I'm not much of an anime person, but it would be cool if an adaptation could be made, although I should be careful with what I wish for given how Ace Attorney turned out.

My fears:

More people lead to one of the most dreaded terms in the gaming industry: wide appeal. I'm not talking about difficulty or anime waifus, I'm talking about oversimplifying the very core of the game and streamlining it until it's no longer recognizable - Dragon Age: Origins to Dragon Age II suffered from this, since the bigwigs wanted it to look more like Mass Effect.

The mobile games flop for whatever reason, or the ideas and business model there negatively affect the main series.

_

Of course, this is just an initial reaction to something fairly vague.

Edited by Thane

This series has many passionate fans, particularly among gamers in their 20s and 30s.

No love for the passionate teen fans, huh? ;)

Greg Warner

April 28, 2016 at 4:28 am

Great! Glad to see my No.1 favorite franchise FINALLY get the respect it’s long deserved.

Now if you care so much, then for the next game, please improve the story telling because seriously, the one in Fates sucks. Thank goodness the gameplay is nearly perfect though

I think we can all agree on this.

While I don't think Fire Emblem should become like Pokémon,

But..But don't you want Fire Emblem Snap? Fire Emblem Pinball? FIRE EMBLEM TYPING ADVENTURE?

Joking aside, they may start oversimplyfing the series, but then again anything that becomes popular will be offensive to someone.

Remember Jynx?

And why do you think Kadabra never appears in the anime? There's a reason for that!

There are a lot of different things in Pokemon that were cut because is controversial.

Edited by Water Mage

This.

Personally, I am hoping for Super Smash Emblem. Or some other form of fighting game

A fire emblem fighter would be great. Although I don't think it quite has the market power like Final Fantasy does quite yet for something like Dissidia.

I wonder if this means we'll see remakes of Genealogy and Binding Blade reach Western shores this time.

I haven't had much experience with Fates yet, so I can't speak for it, but I'm hoping we'll also see another engaging Fire Emblem. The plot honestly felt better when done linearly, and not all over the place like Awakening's was. (I honestly can't say I remember much of it.)

The Fates thing is mostly because it isn't even out in my territory.

Time for the ultimate Fire Emblem then.

Ask Kaga to design the hardest mode (warp tiles in all their bullshit)

Telius story/world building/characters

Fates gameplay tweaked a bit.

Avatar done DA:O style, limited support pool based on personality chosen.

Everyone's back to way fewer supports.

The more accessible part is the best part of the thing. I've played every game but 1 and Gaiden, but I still really love the direction the series is at right now. If accessible makes it more like my favorite series like Kirby or Animal Crossing or Pokemon in terms of how accessible they are, I'm all for it. As of right now, I still find Normal/Casual Birthright to be pretty difficult. I got routed on Kana's paralogue because the enemies were all like level 8 promoted and I wasn't ready for that.

Hopefully this means the Avatar and marriage are here to stay then. Kozaki is also part of the success so he should stay too.

kadabra did appear in the anime tho.

Yeah, but after the Sabrina episodes, Kadabra never appeared in the anime again, it only bad a single cameo on one episode, other than that, it vanished.

All because of the Uri Geller.

Ah...

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/%22Tiki_is_my_Wife%22_P

Yeah, maybe skip on that one.

Oh my God, someone genderbent me and put her in a game.

Time for the ultimate Fire Emblem then.

Ask Kaga to design the hardest mode (warp tiles in all their bullshit)

Telius story/world building/characters

Fates gameplay tweaked a bit.

Avatar done DA:O style, limited support pool based on personality chosen.

Everyone's back to way fewer supports.

YES, THIS, THIS.

I wonder if this means we'll see remakes of Genealogy and Binding Blade reach Western shores this time.

I haven't had much experience with Fates yet, so I can't speak for it, but I'm hoping we'll also see another engaging Fire Emblem. The plot honestly felt better when done linearly, and not all over the place like Awakening's was. (I honestly can't say I remember much of it.)

The Fates thing is mostly because it isn't even out in my territory.

Agreed on the remakes.

No love for the passionate teen fans, huh? ;)

I think we can all agree on this.

tfw I'm a passionate teen fan I prefer Fates story to Awakening and RD, but that isn't saying much.

After Fire Emblem got a big push in Smash Bros with 6 character representations, a mobile game, and more advertising for Fates than most other games in the past, it seemed like this was the direction Nintendo was going in. Hopefully this means some more resources for the team to use, some spinoff games would be nice (please no dating sims/visual novels), and the biggest of them all, it will be a lot easier to find merchandise for Fire Emblem. More figures, apparel, and maybe even more Amiibo for some non-smash characters.

Edited by Tolvir