Fire Emblem is now considered a Major IP by Nintendo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo! Looks like Nintendo's Big 3 are now Nintendo's Big 4. :D

I said years ago that FE could reach these heights if the right things were done with it, and I WAS RIGHT. And people told me I had false hope and visions here. Well, in yo faces, doubters and haters!

I do still feel that Awakening and Fates are doing a few big things wrong (like shitty children systems and fanservice), but they also do a lot of things right, which I'm glad of.

I said years ago that FE could reach these heights if the right things were done with it, and I WAS RIGHT. And people told me I had false hope and visions here. Well, in yo faces, doubters and haters!

I do still feel that Awakening and Fates are doing a few big things wrong (like shitty children systems and fanservice), but they also do a lot of things right, which I'm glad of.

What I find hallarious is that Fates' children system is by far the best mechanically. I just wish they handled it plotwise better. Does no one else find it funny that the game that implenmented children the worst gameplay wise implemented it best plot wise and vice versa

Here's to FE15 hype.

Edited by MCProductions

Well, I'd say that Animal Crossing is still bigger than Fire Emblem, but FE is probably still Kirby or Metroid tier at least.

Anyway, here's to Emblem Warriors or something to that effect.

It's nice to see FE climbing up spots in Nintendo's importance lists. It does show the series has a bright future ahead of it and it might become the de Facto series everyone thinks of when the term SRPG comes up.

I will say, though, the ranking of importance for Nintendo is something like this:

S Tier

- Mario

- Pokémon

- Super Smash Bros.

- Legend of Zelda

A Tier

- Animal Crossing

- Splatoon

- Fire Emblem

- Kirby

- Donkey Kong

- Pikmin

B Tier

- Tomodachi Life

- Yoshi

- Star Fox

- Metroid

- Warioware

- Rhythm Heaven

Everything else is either a small eShop game (Nintendo Badge Arcade), has been dormant for too long (F-Zero, Earthbound/Mother) or might no longer be relevant (Wii series). I don't think FE should be up there with the Big 4, but it definitely managed to climb a lot of spots to end up where it is now, as before Awakening came along I wouldn't even call the series B Tier.

I never thought I would see Fire Emblem up there with Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. Hopefully this means we see more merchandise. I also hope they keep doing the thing they did with Fates where one game appeals to the new players and one appeals to the veterans.

It's nice to see FE climbing up spots in Nintendo's importance lists. It does show the series has a bright future ahead of it and it might become the de Facto series everyone thinks of when the term SRPG comes up.

I will say, though, the ranking of importance for Nintendo is something like this:

S Tier

- Mario

- Pokémon

- Super Smash Bros.

- Legend of Zelda

A Tier

- Animal Crossing

- Splatoon

- Fire Emblem

- Kirby

- Donkey Kong

- Pikmin

B Tier

- Tomodachi Life

- Yoshi

- Star Fox

- Metroid

- Warioware

- Rhythm Heaven

Everything else is either a small eShop game (Nintendo Badge Arcade), has been dormant for too long (F-Zero, Earthbound/Mother) or might no longer be relevant (Wii series). I don't think FE should be up there with the Big 4, but it definitely managed to climb a lot of spots to end up where it is now, as before Awakening came along I wouldn't even call the series B Tier.

I wouldn't put Splatoon that high yet at all, it only has one game. Just because that one game is successful doesn't mean it'll become this big important franchise in the future.

I did forget about Smash Bros. though, so I suppose my "Big 4" should really be "Big 5." :P Though Smash is essentially just a huge crossover that includes the other four in this group, it's still major.

I don't disagree with you.... but I can hope! Lol :p

Well of course, thats all I can hope for, and since Ninty gave me a Starfox game recently I can wait a bit for something else I'd really like to see :P:

I wouldn't put Splatoon that high yet at all, it only has one game. Just because that one game is successful doesn't mean it'll become this big important franchise in the future.

I put Splatoon up there because Nintendo already considers it a major IP and the game reached a level of success nobody predicted. Nintendo definitely wants the series to be their next big thing with all the advertising and products they've been giving the series, and I don't doubt we'll be seeing more of this series for years to come. Maybe if the next game bombs and brings the series down, then I'll drop it from the tier list, but as it stands right now, Splatoon definitely deserves the spot it has up there.

I put Splatoon up there because Nintendo already considers it a major IP and the game reached a level of success nobody predicted. Nintendo definitely wants the series to be their next big thing with all the advertising and products they've been giving the series, and I don't doubt we'll be seeing more of this series for years to come. Maybe if the next game bombs and brings the series down, then I'll drop it from the tier list, but as it stands right now, Splatoon definitely deserves the spot it has up there.

Then I think Nintendo is really jumping the gun here. But I can't control what they do, so...

Time for the ultimate Fire Emblem then.

Ask Kaga to design the hardest mode (warp tiles in all their bullshit)

Telius story/world building/characters

Fates gameplay tweaked a bit.

Avatar done DA:O style, limited support pool based on personality chosen.

Everyone's back to way fewer supports.

That would be brilliant. Although I like broader support pools, having less would mean the supports would be more well written. And if they would go back to having less, and should an Avatar and children system be put into place, then they wouldn't have supports with the children, which I always found odd, save for maybe a couple.

Other than that, this would be my dream game.

Animal Crossing should be higher than Zelda, it has much more market appeal today than Zelda does.

Splatoon definitely deserves to be placed high. You don't get your own boat by being a small fry.

23l.jpg

Edited by Hardin

What I find hallarious is that Fates' children system is by far the best mechanically. I just wish they handled it plotwise better. Does no one else find it funny that the game that implenmented children the worst gameplay wise implemented it best plot wise and vice versa

Here's to FE15 hype.

What was wrong with Genealogy's? I found it... well, while not perfect, I thought it was better than Awakening's.

I'm really happy to see FE getting a well deserved praise. Finally people and my friends won't say 'dafaq' when FE is mentioned. I don't have fear with its course because so far the series has taken a good pace and in terms of gameplay it has progressed. Still there are aspects that have to be fixed and changed, but hopefully that's manageable.

Can't wait for the App.

What was wrong with Genealogy's? I found it... well, while not perfect, I thought it was better than Awakening's.

I'm referring more to how tedious and unrewarding pairing characters up feels than how the children themselves start. Tho even that loses major points for the game not really warning you the second gen is coming. Seriously, if I didn't know to pair characters up as soon as possible when starting FE4, I never would have known to do so.

Fire Emblem has climbed from the bottom all the way to the top! Happy to see this series gain the love it deserves! All I hope and pray for is that they:
-Keep what makes this series great and don't stray from it

-Continue to have great & well written storys and gameplay

-Try to keep fanservice on the low down(or just not a lot of it)

-And most of all, don't be a complete sellout (and by that, I mean don't hurt your reputation just to bring in a few new fans. If they really want to get on board the Fire Emblem Hype train, they will eventually).

That's all I really hope for...in terms of the series itself.
As for games, I really hope we get some remakes of some of the older games! More so a HD remake because, no offense, I rather they not get the Awakening treatment. I enjoy playing the gba and gc/wii games with their rules and Awakenizing them would kinda ruin it a bit for me. I mean, stuff like criticals were pretty dang cool and flashy in the older games!

(Criticals from GBA games...with a few custom crits.)

(Criticals from FE10)!

How can you not love staff criticals?

I won't die or lose sleep if they do, but it's a small nitpick of mine! Still happy for this!

I hope this means we'll get Emblem Warriors sooner than later :P:

Seeing Ike and Lyn mow down waves upon waves of enemies, is just......actually pretty vivid in my mind! We need this in our lives! Cross your fingers my friend!

If they do that going forward, I would love that SOOOOOO much! Like, my joy would be felt a good half a mile away! ;3

Edited by Busterman64

I'm really happy to see FE getting a well deserved praise. Finally people and my friends won't say 'dafaq' when FE is mentioned. I don't have fear with its course because so far the series has taken a good pace and in terms of gameplay it has progressed. Still there are aspects that have to be fixed and changed, but hopefully that's manageable.

I actually hope the next FE game feels a bit more different, while Fates was successful, you can still feel the Awakening aspects, something I liked about the older FE's (for the most part anyways, the GBA had a similar feel to each other too) is just how different most of the games felt from each other, which is why I can still recommend the majority of the franchise. Considering the significant amount of differences.

I know that this forumla is successful and that they took risks with some of the gameplay of Fates, but I'd like to see more of a push with that come next game.

Edited by Jedi

I actually hope the next FE game feels a bit more different, while Fates was successful, you can still feel the Awakening aspects, something I liked about the older FE's (for the most part anyways, the GBA had a similar feel to each other too) is just how different most of the games felt from each other, which is why I can still recommend the majority of the franchise. Considering the significant amount of differences.

I don't think they will diverge from Awakening or Fates game play, maybe evolve it but they won't move away form it.These are the game that sold over a million each and fate is almost 2 million copies sold. I like that fire emblem mpvong up it started from the bottom now there at the top. I can see fire emblem being flag ship of srpg in the future.

If this happens I will die of happiness. Except for maybe the warp panels. I haven't even played Thracia yet but I feel like they'll quickly become my worst enemy after I encounter them.

I know that this forumla is successful and that they took risks with some of the gameplay of Fates, but I'd like to see more of a push with that come next game.

While it would be nice to see some diversion from the Awakening/Fates style, it's all too possible that the next few games in the series will diverge a little less than before. Awakening/Fates were some of the the most successful games in the series so far and attracted thousands of new fans, most of who are only used to those styles. They might be too afraid of alienating them to actually try anything like before. Hopefully I'm wrong and being far too negative though.

I think Jedi refers to the the refreshing aspect of the GBA era. I, for instance, agree since I'm not a fan of Awakening character design, and Fates was kinda opaque, I want a more vivid approach and better character designs.

I'm referring more to how tedious and unrewarding pairing characters up feels than how the children themselves start. Tho even that loses major points for the game not really warning you the second gen is coming. Seriously, if I didn't know to pair characters up as soon as possible when starting FE4, I never would have known to do so.

That issue seems like a double edge sword. It seems dickish for the game not giving you warning about it. But it would ruin one of the games biggest surprises if the game did say something about it.... at least the game does give you substitute characters if you don't pair anyone up. That being said, pairing people up is a bit of a chore because it involves turn burning Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

That issue seems like a double edge sword. It seems dickish for the game not giving you warning about it. But it would ruin one of the games biggest surprises if the game did say something about it.... at least the game does give you substitute characters if you don't pair anyone up. That being said, pairing people up is a bit of a chore because it involves turn burning

...If I were to remake Genealogy, I would insert, probably around the time the first female character is introduced (I believe this is Aideen), an NPC who says something along the lines of 'Normally, wars aren't the time for romance. But you never know how long this one will go, so maybe you should consider having children to continue the fight. You never know what the future holds.' Hopefully this doesn't spoil the plot twist, but does hint "second generation characters are important, so I suggest you work towards them".

I'm not sure what to do about the turn-burning, though... add something to the Castle? Turn-burning seems to be common to all Support systems regardless...

...If I were to remake Genealogy, I would insert, probably around the time the first female character is introduced (I believe this is Aideen), an NPC who says something along the lines of 'Normally, wars aren't the time for romance. But you never know how long this one will go, so maybe you should consider having children to continue the fight. You never know what the future holds.' Hopefully this doesn't spoil the plot twist, but does hint "second generation characters are important, so I suggest you work towards them".

I'm not sure what to do about the turn-burning, though... add something to the Castle? Turn-burning seems to be common to all Support systems regardless...

It could work like that regarding Aideen. Or you could use Quan and Ethlyn as an example and say something like "Quan and Ethlyn are married which might be beneficial for them in the future. Normally wars aren't.. *insert the rest of what you said*".

To get past turn-burning, they could have it so a female and a male are able to have a special conversation with each other between castle seizes (The female can only have one conversation with one guy at a time between castle seizes), then when they talk about 5 times, then they can get married.

It's something I would want them to consider if Nintendo decides to go the remake route

It could work like that regarding Aideen. Or you could use Quan and Ethlyn as an example and say something like "Quan and Ethlyn are married which might be beneficial for them in the future. Normally wars aren't.. *insert the rest of what you said*".

To get past turn-burning, they could have it so a female and a male are able to have a special conversation with each other between castle seizes (The female can only have one conversation with one guy at a time between castle seizes), then when they talk about 5 times, then they can get married.

It's something I would want them to consider if Nintendo decides to go the remake route

Well... the game does already have something similar, and this is basically Supports, to a primitive extent. Or maybe just bumping down the amount of necessary love points in general.

Depends on exactly how support-grindy the 3DS games actually feel.