Opinion of Rhajat?

What's your opinion on Rhajat?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion on Rhajat?

• I like her.
    • I have no opinion/am neutral
    • I don't like her character
    • I don't like her as a concept
  2. 2. Do you like Rhajat better than Tharja?

I should not be making threads at 3:00 A.M.

So I've discussed my opinions on two of the most controversial second generation characters. Now for Soleil, I've already got the general consensus (Why does Soleil x Ophelia have to exist?), but for Rhajat, it's a different story.

My question is, What's your opinion of Rhajat? Do you like her or do you hate her. If you hate her, do you hate her character (I've made an attempt at an analysis here), or do you hate that her as a concept (aka, having this as your opinion:

Rhajat can fuck off I left you behind in Awakening for a reason now you show up again and 'take' the lesbian spot so the only way I can actually be satisfied marrying another girl is with homebrew letting me marry literally any other one.

Or the fact that she's a Tharja knockoff (She's not really a clone.)

Edit: At the request of DarkDestr0yer61, I have added the question of whether you like Rhajat better than Tharja.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

Her concept is eh. I've only managed to stomach one A+ support (Caeldori), and that was really weird. Don't really care for her as a character.

As a unit, she's got a lot of magical potential. . .if she ever hits. This is Hayato's fault.

Her concept is eh. I've only managed to stomach one A+ support (Caeldori), and that was really weird. Don't really care for her as a character.

As a unit, she's got a lot of magical potential. . .if she ever hits. This is Hayato's fault.

Hmm... have you read her supports with Shigure? It's one of her more revealing supports.

Edit: Actually, that support pretty much spells out her defining character trait.

Shutting herself off from everyone for the sake of others? Mediocre concept, awful execution IMO. I think Tharja did the socially awkward thing better.

Edited by eclipse

I dislike her as a concept, ESPECIALLY seeing as I hated Tharja in Awakening, yet as a character I'm indifferent at worst to Rhajat and actually somewhat like her at points.

Edited by MCProductions

I hate Tharja, so I hate her. I also hate how she's the bi option... Really I wish they made Soleil the bi option instead. Ugh. I don't wanna marry Rhajat >_>

I actually like her a lot better than Tharja. She isn't nearly as creepy, considering we get an actual, and reasonable explanation for her obsession with Corrin, and she lacks the whole child abuse thing. I liked quite a bit of her supports, and her design is a lot better than Tharja. I just hate her name. I hear Rhajat I think of the Indian guy working at 7/11, not some female mage from a fictional country based on Japan.

Edited by Tolvir

I got Rhajat to the A support with Mitama, and at first I was thinking that the support redeemed the character because of how sweet and friendly it portrayed Rhajat. But then, thinking about it, that support is so out of place that I don't think it fits Rhajat at all. The B and A supports make Rhajat look very out of character and I just don't get it. It's like... Rhajat completely loses her personality traits in those conversations and it almost seems as if they were meant for a different character.

I strongly dislike Tharja (the only reason I didn't kill her in her introduction mission was because I adore Noire). Given how Rhajat is Tharja 2.0, that hatred extends to her. Does she deserve it? No, not as much. Rhajat actually had some interesting moments in her supports that made her come off as more socially awkward rather than outright yandere stalker. I actually thought there was some development even on that front in her and Corrin's A support, though that went right out the window in the S. Combine that with the selective personalities described by Volo, and I can't help but feel nothing about her as a character, and the comparisons to Tharja just make my blood boil. The fact that she is the sole bi option for female avatars is also annoying, especially when you have a character like Soleil running around.

As a whole, Rhajat is, in my view, the best of the three awakening re/pre-incarnations. However, I feel that those three are the worst characters in Hoshido, so her position as "the best expy" isn't exactly a point in her favor.

Can I make a request for you to add "Do you like Rhajat better than Tharja?" To your poll? And have "yes", "no", and "I feel about the same" as answer choices or something like that

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

I like Rhajat much better than Tharja. I don't find her nearly as creepy. She just seems like a sad lonely little girl who like all the other children got abandoned by her parents. Most of her supports don't really show her as being a bad person or into dark creepy things like Tharja.

Can I make a request for you to add "Do you like Rhajat better than Tharja?" To your poll? And have "yes", "no", and "I feel about the same" as answer choices or something like that

That's actually a really good question. Added.

I'm in the OP, I feel special now. Pretty obvious what I voted anyway.

You were actually the reason why I made this post in the first place. I saw your post and wondered if that was the reason why people hated Rhajat.

From what I have seen of her, I am not much of a fan of English!Rhajat. However, I think in the original Rhajat had a lot more depth and moments of kindness that Tharja lacked.

I just don't understand why Treehouse chose to scrap her unique support line with F!Corrin that featured a lot less stalking than the males support line. Then there is some mycastle stuff and the ommitance or alteration of some of her kinder myroom lines. It seems like they wanted their Rhajat to be closer to how Tharja acted.

That being said, the stalking is still a part of her character, even if she seems less mailicious about it, even in the jp version. She isn't really among my favourites whether we are talking about the original or localization, but I still like J!Rhajat a whole lot more than her Treehouse version or the original Tharja.

I don't really care all that much about Rhajat, to be honest. She seems like a version of Tharja for people who didn't like the fact that Tharja actually had a personality. Or simply didn't like the personality Tharja had.

I actually really liked Tharja's character in Awakening. And no she wasn't a child abuser. That was the Tharja from the Future the children ran away from who was a child abuser, and even then, it's implied that that's because she went completely off the deep end when her husband and/or Robin died. No excuse for it of course, but since she clearly went nuts, then a sane version of Tharja can't be held accountable for an insane versions actions. The Tharja you recruit in Awakening may have used a curse or two on the Noire that came back from the future, but nothing that could actually be construed as abuse. More like not very nice pranks. In the end, the Tharja we got was a somewhat decent person deep down, with some really messed up hobbies, and a moral code that was a little skewed.

Rhajat is basically Tharja in appearence only.About the only thing she has in common with Tharja, aside from her looks, is that she's very interested in dark magic, what with her summoning Faceless, and an obsession with the Avatar.

Even her obsession with Corrin is different from Tharja's to Robin. Corrin saved her, so Rhajat decided they were destined to be together. Tharja had no explanation for stalking Robin, but I personally believe it's because she liked the darkness she sensed in him that was his link with Grima.

So, in the end, I don't hate Rhajat, but I don't care much about her either. As you can no doubt suspect from my comment, that obviously means I much prefer Tharja over Rhajat.

Edited by The Archsage

Nah, I tolerated Tharja in Awakening. The only reason I married off Tharja was because I wanted Noire. Her character gimmick is not one I'm particularly annoyed with; it may sound weird but, if the anime trope is done in a way I find acceptable, I don't mind them. The fact that you could marry off Tharja and the husband was essentially second to Robin was both sad and annoying. Plus, I was pissed Tharja couldn't marry Chrom; the one person that is the closest to Robin and there is no support. Her being a Plegian is irrelevant; the fact that Chrom can marry Robin, who is Plegian, makes it moot. I thought it might have been funny seeing Tharja pissed because Chrom is closer to Robin.

Rhajat... I just don't care for her. Her design is okay. Her name is...okay? There are some supports that are okay. There are some that are bad. I'm sort of irked she's the lesbian spot; should have went to one of the Corrinsexuals, in my opinion.

I just wish they took the time to make more original characters.

Ah second poll question. I like Rhajat way more than Tharja purely because she doesn't have Tharja's massive child abuse as a strike against her.

I hate Tharja, so I hate her. I also hate how she's the bi option... Really I wish they made Soleil the bi option instead. Ugh. I don't wanna marry Rhajat >_>

This is basically the biggest reason I don't like her. Though I'd prefer Oboro as the lesbian option since she's a fully fresh character with a nice design.

You were actually the reason why I made this post in the first place. I saw your post and wondered if that was the reason why people hated Rhajat.

Seems like it so far with the poll results. Edited by Zerosabers

Dislike as a concept. Along with the other shoehorned carbon copies of Awakening characters, I can't really be bothered to feel anything for them. Maybe if they were slightly more unique instead of being blatant shoehorns for the most popular characters in Awakening...

Tharja in Awakening was okay, but I didn't really care for her all that much. So in terms of personality's sake, I'm quite neutral. I'm not one of the people who was crazy about her or anything.

From what I have seen of her, I am not much of a fan of English!Rhajat. However, I think in the original Rhajat had a lot more depth and moments of kindness that Tharja lacked.

I just don't understand why Treehouse chose to scrap her unique support line with F!Corrin that featured a lot less stalking than the males support line. Then there is some mycastle stuff and the ommitance or alteration of some of her kinder myroom lines. It seems like they wanted their Rhajat to be closer to how Tharja acted.

This.

I actually really liked Tharja's character in Awakening. And no she wasn't a child abuser. That was the Tharja from the Future the children ran away from who was a child abuser, and even then, it's implied that that's because she went completely off the deep end when her husband and/or Robin died. No excuse for it of course, but since she clearly went nuts, then a sane version of Tharja can't be held accountable for an insane versions actions. The Tharja you recruit in Awakening may have used a curse or two on the Noire that came back from the future, but nothing that could actually be construed as abuse. More like not very nice pranks. In the end, the Tharja we got was a somewhat decent person deep down, with some really messed up hobbies, and a moral code that was a little skewed.

I agree with you. While I don't like Tharja that much, I don't think her Present (Or is it Past?) self was a child abuser. Specially because of these quotes from Noire:

(In response to her father asking her to train): "A fight? If you hit me, Mother’s curse will activate and you’ll get the same injury..."

(In response to Noire!Morgan asking her to train): "Okay. But if you hit me, my mother's curse will activate and you'll get the same injury."

They are pretty much the same quote with a few alterations, but it shows that Tharja really does care for her daughter.

I dislike the idea of cloning popular characters from Awakening just because the fans loved them in that game. That said, of the 3 Awakening clones, Rhajat came out better than the other 2 imo. Granted I dont like Tharja's selfish personality, I think Rhajat herself is actually capable of kindness without D-riding the Avatar. Granted its incredibly hard to see because she's literally based off of Tharja of all people.

I like her, just wish she was her own thing.

I like the concept/archetype that Tharja and Rhajat are, however generic. I just dont think they were made well or interesting. Nyx, while not a clone/knockoff, was done well imo. Someone who has essentially moved on from her crazy beginnings and now understands and suffers because of it. Rhajat is a more friendly Tharja, but they're still kinda boring. Plus. Tharja gave us Noire <3

I love the concept; yanderes are pretty much my favorite -deres. I love creepy and awkward characters. I think Rhajat is better than Tharja, because as far as I know she is not abusive towards her partner and/or child. Tharja's abusiveness is what made me strongly dislike her. 'Abuse' is kind of a part of the yandere package, so I may seem like I'm contradicting myself.. Its hard to verbalize how I feel about this. I think I like murderous yanderes rather than abusive yanderes. Something like that.