Opinion of Rhajat?

What's your opinion on Rhajat?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion on Rhajat?

• I like her.
    • I have no opinion/am neutral
    • I don't like her character
    • I don't like her as a concept
  2. 2. Do you like Rhajat better than Tharja?

Rhajat is a desperate Awakening clone with no real reason to be in the game so I kind of have to dislike her by default.

Though I must say that out of the three clones she's the easiest one to justify. Tharja never really blew me away but it can't be denied that she was one of the most popular(whatever you may think of the reason) and one of the most discussed characters in Awakening. As such she probably ''deserved'' a second shot more then other characters(cough! Gaius! cough!) did.

I see quite a bit of people referencing the Japanese version of Rhajat, saying that she was better. I never got the opportunity to read any of the my room lines or supports from the japanese version, so could someone link some of the english translated lines to me so I can get a look at what the differences between the two are?

Edited by Tolvir

I see quite a bit of people referencing the Japanese version of Rhajat, saying that she was better. I never got the opportunity to read any of the my room lines or supports from the japanese version, so could someone link some of the english translated lines to me so I can get a look at what the differences between the two are?

Here you go, http://aphonicdreams.tumblr.com/post/122536178607/dragon-princess-kamui-shara-dialogue-audio.

More on topic, I liked Tharja so I like Rhajat. I think Rhajat would have been better if she was her own character then just Tharja 2.0 or something.

Edited by December Knight

Here you go, http://aphonicdreams.tumblr.com/post/122536178607/dragon-princess-kamui-shara-dialogue-audio.

More on topic, I liked Tharja so I like Rhajat. I think Rhajat would have been better if she was her own character then just Tharja 2.0 or something.

Thanks, definitely some changes between the two. Wonder why the change was needed, its not like any of the lines were in any way offensive or bad.

I would agree, while I was ok with Owain, Severa, and Inigo returning, I did find the three reincarnates really unneeded. They would of been better if they were given their own unique design and personalities rather than direct copies of the previous. (Though I will say Rhajat's appearance was different enough to set her apart from Tharja, and imo better.)

Yeah, Syalla was more of a socially reclusive person who spend her life doing research in magic. So when she mentions a curse or something of the like, it's normal to her while it sounds weird to the one she's talking to. The only time Syalla was anything like Rhajat was when she purposely cursed Shiro in their support, and that was only because he said something that was rather offensive in the Japanese version (He said that girls who don't eat meat won't get bigger breasts. He then tried to salvage the situation by saying that doesn't seem to be the case with her) and it got her really angry.

I don't really care for the character, but from what I've read about her she's a little more tolerable than Tharja when it comes to interacting with the other members of the army.

I like her, once i read her supports. Im not a fan of how they amped up the Avatar obsession on the initial meeting/recruitment, but the character herself is not bad at all. I actually like Rhaj a little more than Tharja (even though i am fond of Tharja) because, outside her recruitment chapter, she doesnt really come off as that freakishly obsessed with the Avatar. Nor do we have the truly ugly side of Tharja, which has to do with her treatment of Noire. Even Rhajat's Private Quarters stuff isnt that bad. (although i havent married her so im not sure about her marriage/spouse quotes) Im also more fond of Rhajat's clothing design than of Tharja's. And she looks particularly lovely with white hair. Shes not too bad as a unit with the right pairing too! So yeah Rhaj > Tharja imo

Not really a fan of them reusing characters from Awakening to begin with.

But as character I don't really have strong feelings about her one way or the other. She's just sort of... there.

I dislike almost entirely reusing characters that isn't the characters themselves. A character that's basically almost Tharja except isn't Tharja just feels lazy to me. Archetypes is one thing, but this is pretty much just copy paste with a few minor alterations in the personality department.

To Rhaj's credit, I like her design a lot more than Tharja's.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Alright... so to summarize results:

Most people either like Rhajat or hate her concept. That being said, it's a pretty even split on whether they like her better than Tharja or not, with an edge towards Liking Rhajat more or having no opinion/ liking them the same.

My thoughts:

I thought there would be a lot more people that disliked Rhajat's personality, but I was clearly wrong. I was rather surprised how many people hate her concept.

I'm going to post a similar thread except it'll be focused on Soleil (the Localized version). I have a good idea of what the results are going to be, but you never know.

Edit: new thread is up.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood