Hey,

I wanted to get all of the 3 stories of Fates but i'm not sure about which Boon/Bane could be the best for Corrin..

In Birthrights I wanted to get Master Ninja as second class, I heard that +strength or +speed are the best boon and -luck the best bane.

In Conquest I wanted to be a Malig Knight or Dark Knight so I thought that +magic -luck could be the best pair.

What do you think could be the best boon/bane for these classes ?

(No spoiler please the game is still not released in my country and sorry if my english is bad)

Edited by Koda

I would go +Strength for Master Ninja, +Magic for Malig Knight, and +Speed for Dark Knight. IMO -Resistance is the least bad bane, so I would go with that for all 3, but up to you.

Master Ninja, you'd probably want +Skill for Lethality, and I wouldn't lower any of the defensive stats. Go with -Str, since Lethality will cover for that.

Dark Knight, go with +Mag, -Def, since most horseback units are quite high in defense anyways.

Malig Knight, my loadout was +Res, -Skill. But then again, I could never figure out the perfect Malig loadout.

And if you plan on getting Revelation soon, try Bow Knight or Adventurer, +Luck, -Str.

For any of these though, try to buy Astra or Rend Heaven from someone. They're always good skills to have early game.

Master Ninja, you'd probably want +Skill for Lethality, and I wouldn't lower any of the defensive stats. Go with -Str, since Lethality will cover for that.

Dark Knight, go with +Mag, -Def, since most horseback units are quite high in defense anyways.

Malig Knight, my loadout was +Res, -Skill. But then again, I could never figure out the perfect Malig loadout.

And if you plan on getting Revelation soon, try Bow Knight or Adventurer, +Luck, -Str.

For any of these though, try to buy Astra or Rend Heaven from someone. They're always good skills to have early game.

I disagree on your suggestion for Master Ninja - in no small part because shuriken are rather weak. Also, even with a Skill boon, Lethality's unreliable as all hell.

Master Ninja is better with +Str -Luck. +Spd is superfluous due to Ninja's high base Spd, Corrin's high personal and high class growth, and Birthright's weak enemies.

Malig Knight and Dark Knight both would be best with +Mag -Luck. Your MU's Spd could get sketchy but with proper pairup, tonics, meals and maybe Rally Spd it will be fine.

as mentioned, Lethality is not something to be relied on. there's no reason at all to go -Str. +Skl for Lethality is also a waste. at 20/20, you'd only get ~5 Skl higher. barely more than 1% extra trigger rate and that's not worth it

there's also little reason to go +Res and especially little to go -Skl. FE's usually better done offensive and Mages are less common than physical units. Axes are inaccurate as is

+Lck is...doing what for you. not a useful Boon. plus both already have Str issues so again, -Str isn't good

as mentioned, Lethality is not something to be relied on. there's no reason at all to go -Str. +Skl for Lethality is also a waste. at 20/20, you'd only get ~5 Skl higher. barely more than 1% extra trigger rate and that's not worth it

there's also little reason to go +Res and especially little to go -Skl. FE's usually better done offensive and Mages are less common than physical units. Axes are inaccurate as is

+Lck is...doing what for you. not a useful Boon. plus both already have Str issues so again, -Str isn't good

Well, thanks for pointing out MY flaws in suggesting, but I don't see you contributing anything or suggesting improvements.

I'd at least say something positive about your advice, but there really isn't any, just criticisms.

Anyway, what I'm saying is if s/he is going for Master Ninja or Bow Knight, I'm sure there are stat boosting swords that can cover for the Strength bane. Master Ninja isn't just Shurikens, you know. Both classes mentioned have options for ranged weapons in both weapon categories, so you have that covered too. Strength doesn't really matter if you're crit-fang killing everything in sight with Killing Edge. Sure, Luck isn't the best bane, so maybe try +Skill.

I disagree on your suggestion for Master Ninja - in no small part because shuriken are rather weak. Also, even with a Skill boon, Lethality's unreliable as all hell.

And as I said before, I'd take your criticisms more seriously if there was actual contribution to improvement.

Well, thanks for pointing out MY flaws in suggesting, but I don't see you contributing anything or suggesting improvements.

I'd at least say something positive about your advice, but there really isn't any, just criticisms.

Anyway, what I'm saying is if s/he is going for Master Ninja or Bow Knight, I'm sure there are stat boosting swords that can cover for the Strength bane. Master Ninja isn't just Shurikens, you know. Both classes mentioned have options for ranged weapons in both weapon categories, so you have that covered too. Strength doesn't really matter if you're crit-fang killing everything in sight with Killing Edge. Sure, Luck isn't the best bane, so maybe try +Skill.

And as I said before, I'd take your criticisms more seriously if there was actual contribution to improvement.

The problem is, for one, you don't get a Killing Edge in Birthright, and even if you did, killer weapons are unreliable. Second, skills are unreliable - sure, the Strength bane might not matter if you win the lottery and critkill everything, but that Strength bane is liable to prove a problem in actual practice. Also, there's no Strength-boosting sword in Birthright, aside from something I'm not mentioning because spoilers (disregarding Raijinto, because that's Ryoma only). I'd much rather run +Str/-Skill instead.

And I'm sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, but you suggested something that's, for all intents and purposes, inferior to the ideas the OP had.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

The only Strength-boosting Swords are Raijinto (locked to Ryoma) and Noble/Blazing Yato (BR only and locked to Corrin) and Alpha/Omega Yato (RV only and locked to Corrin).

*If you don't do online battles, you don't need a +Speed Boon since enemies won't even double you that often as only a few enemies have 33+ Spd (Swordmasters, Elite Ninjas and Final Endgame Bosses). Otherwise if you do online battles somewhat, +Spd Boon ensures that while as a moderately fast class, you're not being doubled by speed-oriented opponents. +Spd Boon Avatar as a Swordmaster/Elite Ninja ensures that non-statue buffed +Spd Boon enemy Avatars don't double you outside of Brave Weapons (which is a common sight as opposing high ranked Avatars boast 50+ Spd w/o Yato equipped.) So if you don't invest in a +Spd Boon, you'll want Wary Fighter just to stand a chance.

*Lethality's proc chance is still absurdly low for Corrin as Hoshido Unity + Quixotic on a +Skl Boon Avatar still only grants around 30% at least w/o statues where you could use something like Aether, Rend Heaven or Dragon Fang to OTKO enemies with one crit. Skill Building for Lethality means that you're also wasting some alternate good skills that are just as if not more optimal to run.

*If you run a solely offensive Avatar who can survive with a Def/Res penalty and not really harming your Str/Mag, -Def Bane and +Skl/+Spd Boon is a nice option. The former Boon increases your Hit Rate and Skill % procs while the latter gives you enough Spd to outrun non-Elite Ninjas/Swordmasters and non-Wary Fighter opponents.

*Side-Note: Your Boon and Bane affects your Avatar's Growths and your max stats (your main Avatar not those from the logbook). A Bane of any option means that you have a negative 10-15% Growth in that particular stat and a negative 5-10% Growth in a few other stats.

I haven't hit a bad combination yet, honestly. I've run +Str/-Lck, +Mag/-Res, and +Spd/-Res, and I'm currently running +Spd/-Skl in Lunatic (up to chapter 15 of Birthright). I was most disappointed by +Mag MK -- even though I thought that Mag was important to have and useful, I found myself doing less damage than I'd hoped in both NN and MK when using tomes. However, I haven't tried MK without +Mag, so idk just how much of a difference it made.

If I had to do it again, I'd try Diviner/Dark Mage talent and S-rank Camilla/Beruka for MK and see how the slight Mag boost from that class tree helps.