wave 2 DLC?

LoboKD001

Was just about to post the article and make a thread for it before I saw yours. Its similar to Future Past, the only difference is its almost like a mini 4th path since you actually control only the child units. Looks interesting.

I like that it's coming soon, and cheaper than expected (was prepared to pay $15 at least for the set), but I'm curious as to why the Scramble maps aren't in the Pack.

Probably not fully translated yet. Considering a month or two ago Matt Mercer already talked about recording the singing lines for Shigure's version of End of All, it kind of makes sense for it to release this soon.

$8 for the whole pack is actually really awesome. I was expecting around $15 again too. But then again, we also don't have the Scrambles yet, so it may end up more like $20 if those come as a separate pack.

Either way, more Boots and extra maps to play is always a welcome addition! I'm sure my bank account doesn't like it though.

I take it that the Hoshidan and Nohrian Festivals of Bonds are gonna take a while to localize due to the number of possible conversations.

Still, pretty exciting to see Recollection of Bubbles come over so quickly!

Glad we're getting more stuff soon, but I don't get why they keep forcing us to use their crappy pre-built teams. We spend all this time crafting a good team and can't play them. Grrr....

Makes more sense than it is confusing really, I can explain why I said that if you are wondering why I sound so relaxed and unfazed by this.

Go ahead, you've piqued my curiosity.

If we were to use our own pre-made teams, the DLC wouldn't even be a challenge as players could role through the chapters with no opposition as even the base classes of the playable children would be far superior than the opposing enemies as your units would have skills that would make everything one-sided in your favor. Imagine Royal Royale where the alternate timeline versions of the units you use only have the skills that their main timeline selves have equipped? See how easy you made everything now? IS actually was pretty smart to prevent players from repeatedly getting free skills by using their own (the players) pre-made 'overpowered and broken' units in some of the DLC chapters.

If we were to use our own pre-made teams, the DLC wouldn't even be a challenge as players could role through the chapters with no opposition as even the base classes of the playable children would be far superior than the opposing enemies as your units would have skills that would make everything one-sided in your favor. Imagine Royal Royale where the alternate timeline versions of the units you use only have the skills that their main timeline selves have equipped? See how easy you made everything now? IS actually was pretty smart to prevent players from repeatedly getting free skills by using their own (the players) pre-made 'overpowered and broken' units in some of the DLC chapters.

Not to mention that using pre built teams wouldn't make sense for this dlcs story.

In addition, there are a lot of people who probably don't have all or even most of the children units, and since it is restricted to them, they would have to go in with only a few units. Especially the people that only have one route and dont even have access to all the children. For story based DLC they essentially have to use the pre built teams

I understand why they did it, but the thing about a RPG is that playing your own characters, even if they are OP is part of the fun. I don't care about the items, if I just want the skills, I could powersave in as many of the items as I want. I would prefer they just let me play my own characters and they can keep the items.

Take Hidden Truths, for example. I actually like watching the story of it, but the actual fights are tedious. Not hard exactly, just tedious.

As it is now, I'm going to play them to watch the story then probably ignore most of them. By contrast, I still play most of the Awakening DLC. Some things weren't broke.

I understand why they did it, but the thing about a RPG is that playing your own characters, even if they are OP is part of the fun. I don't care about the items, if I just want the skills, I could powersave in as many of the items as I want. I would prefer they just let me play my own characters and they can keep the items.

Take Hidden Truths, for example. I actually like watching the story of it, but the actual fights are tedious. Not hard exactly, just tedious.

As it is now, I'm going to play them to watch the story then probably ignore most of them. By contrast, I still play most of the Awakening DLC. Some things weren't broke.

I agree with you.

I hope these at least have the option to play with Phoenix mode turned on.

If I'm paying money for a game, I like it to have an easy option. I don't have always have the time and energy to sink into such games. I play the DLC for the additional conversations only, quite frankly. Games are entertainment to me; if I want a challenge, I get plenty of those at work and outside leisure time.

Also, without the option to play with our own characters, my team isn't seeing much use past the endgame!

Edited by Res

Tactician. D has a very good point you know.

The children in the DLC aren't the ones that players would be able to get in-game, they're all from separate timelines where events played out very differently. Since our Fates' children are not the same as the alternate Fates' children, they are exempt from our efforts. Part of a challenge is having fun another part of a challenge is overcoming all obstacles that get thrown in your face. The main challenge in this new set of DLC is overcoming the barrier of using units that are once again separate from the player's own save files. I can understand that you want to play for fun but there's no real challenge if you're not being forced to think outside the box.

Hidden Truths is an expy of Future Past minus the characters are once again separate from your save files but it does give some good insight on why the Awakening Trio showed up and why they seem to care for Corrin quite a lot in the end.

Awakening's DLC was 'broken' to say at least in terms of player-power. The fact that everything used your own save data to apply to characters you can use further makes the FE: Awakening easier than any game Pre-Tellius (which was hard to say on the hardest mode possible on some of them). The only hard part is doing Apotheosis Secret Route without running the likes of Limit Break + Galeforce and not using any children characters (I screwed myself five times trying to play with just 1st Gen characters with this restriction).

Edited by Emblem Blade