wave 2 DLC?

LoboKD001

I'll put this here since it's relevant.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/256768-eu-pr-fire-emblem-fates-launching-on-may-20th

Just a standard PR covering most of what we already know, but there is one bit of new info. Europe will be getting Map Pack 2 in late July, and it'll contain the same six maps we are getting.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

Sorry if this has been asked but uh I don't care for this stuff, but I wouldn't mind Point Blank. Is it possible to just get the last one and not have to play any of the first 5 parts?

Can't really answer that one for you, sorry. Unless you have to keep every single playable child on each chapter alive to get Point Blank (as if the game treats each chapter in a special manner), then you shouldn't need to do the first five. Then again I'm just guessing as we don't have the new DLC batch yet since it's only in JP still.

Tactician. D has a very good point you know.

The children in the DLC aren't the ones that players would be able to get in-game, they're all from separate timelines where events played out very differently. Since our Fates' children are not the same as the alternate Fates' children, they are exempt from our efforts. Part of a challenge is having fun another part of a challenge is overcoming all obstacles that get thrown in your face. The main challenge in this new set of DLC is overcoming the barrier of using units that are once again separate from the player's own save files. I can understand that you want to play for fun but there's no real challenge if you're not being forced to think outside the box.

Hidden Truths is an expy of Future Past minus the characters are once again separate from your save files but it does give some good insight on why the Awakening Trio showed up and why they seem to care for Corrin quite a lot in the end.

Awakening's DLC was 'broken' to say at least in terms of player-power. The fact that everything used your own save data to apply to characters you can use further makes the FE: Awakening easier than any game Pre-Tellius (which was hard to say on the hardest mode possible on some of them). The only hard part is doing Apotheosis Secret Route without running the likes of Limit Break + Galeforce and not using any children characters (I screwed myself five times trying to play with just 1st Gen characters with this restriction).

That assumes that everyone is playing for 'challenge.' Sometimes I am. That's what no-grind lunatic playthroughs are for.

As for the story relating to alternate reality versions of our characters, that's a story contrivance. They don't need to write the story that way. I bought Map Pack 1 on the first day. Seriously, thinking of just getting only the Point Blank one this time. Or even just using the powersaves and reading the convos on the wiki.

It does kinda irk me that so many of the DLC maps stick us with pre-set units. Besides making it feel like there's no real incentive to keep using your actual army beyond endgame, it also makes it much harder to farm the skills and class items offered by the DLC. At least Vanguards, Ballisticians, and Witches are easy to farm, but again, there's not much to actually use those classes on since the hard DLC is all pre-set units.

That assumes that everyone is playing for 'challenge.' Sometimes I am. That's what no-grind lunatic playthroughs are for.

As for the story relating to alternate reality versions of our characters, that's a story contrivance. They don't need to write the story that way. I bought Map Pack 1 on the first day. Seriously, thinking of just getting only the Point Blank one this time. Or even just using the powersaves and reading the convos on the wiki.

Well, we all think differently, if players want to use their own made teams to beat the game, I won't argue further. There's nothing wrong by placing restrictions on players to make them think. The fact that the children in the DLC are separate from the game's save file data means that it's neither harder (for those who got RNG cursed on stat growths or haven't gotten far enough to get decent enough units) or easier (you can't just troll through the level with children units who have max stats and skills that snap the DLC's challenge in half more so if the DLC actually altered the children to be in the class that they are currently in).

Considering what IS already screwed up with in Fates, it's not surprising that the story is as odd as it is.

It does kinda irk me that so many of the DLC maps stick us with pre-set units. Besides making it feel like there's no real incentive to keep using your actual army beyond endgame, it also makes it much harder to farm the skills and class items offered by the DLC. At least Vanguards, Ballisticians, and Witches are easy to farm, but again, there's not much to actually use those classes on since the hard DLC is all pre-set units.

Beg pardon? Vanguard's Dawn, Witches Trial and Ballistician Blitz had enemies scale to where you are in the story chapters as well as your overall difficulty setting (the former was ugly as enemies would block off your paths if you had any ground units and the reinforcements never end). We should be happy if Memories of Foam doesn't have enemies scale to match your current story progress (which I think would most likely happen if it didn't use pre-set units that are separate from your save file data) or else near endgame DLC chapters might not be that funny.

Beg pardon? Vanguard's Dawn, Witches Trial and Ballistician Blitz had enemies scale to where you are in the story chapters as well as your overall difficulty setting (the former was ugly as enemies would block off your paths if you had any ground units and the reinforcements never end). We should be happy if Memories of Foam doesn't have enemies scale to match your current story progress (which I think would most likely happen if it didn't use pre-set units that are separate from your save file data) or else near endgame DLC chapters might not be that funny.

After a few Eternal Seals Corrin can easily solo the maps.

After a few Eternal Seals Corrin can easily solo the maps.

That can generally apply to any playable character on maps that you can use your own units. The only thing about pre-set maps that use pre-set units is that both sides, both the players side and the enemies side don't change (level-wise, class-wise, stat-wise and skill-wise) regardless of your actual difficulty setting (which is a good thing). Seeing how the children are in their base class (which means they're stuck with whatever they start out with excluding Spear Fighter Shiro + Raijinto and Troubador Forrest + Brynhildr if they can use those weapons when they're playable not enemies outside of cutscenes), the pre-set teams can work in a player's favor. The fact that the DLC eventually gives you access to every single child (two Kanas!) in the final encounter is nice. If you could use a tailor-made team, then the we probably wouldn't get Shiro + Raijinto, Siegbert + Siegfried, Forrest + Brynhildr and Kiragi + Fujin Yumi and/or possibly Kanas with Yato since it would be running off of our own units on our save data who can't have access to those weapons instead of what the pre-set children who have access to those weapons as a part of the DLC Story (if any of them minus the Kanas can use their parent's Divine Weapons outside of being enemies (as enemy NPCs using them) or using them in cutscenes).

Since this part is irrelevant to the thread topic I'm putting it in a Spoiler tag.

Eternal Seals = 12000 Gold per Seal. In a no-grind run such as in Conquest (no DLC content or classes permitted, no grinding for gold/exp./supports outside of the story chapters), it will be hard to get enough gold to even get enough Eternal Seals to stat-cap anyone not named Corrin (who breaks the games difficulty thanks to their reclass power). Statues aren't factored as I'm just referring to their base max stat cap on their main promoted classes and adding statues just means more effort into getting more Eternal Seals which results in you having to grind at some point.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Well, we all think differently, if players want to use their own made teams to beat the game, I won't argue further. There's nothing wrong by placing restrictions on players to make them think. The fact that the children in the DLC are separate from the game's save file data means that it's neither harder (for those who got RNG cursed on stat growths or haven't gotten far enough to get decent enough units) or easier (you can't just troll through the level with children units who have max stats and skills that snap the DLC's challenge in half more so if the DLC actually altered the children to be in the class that they are currently in).

There is actually. When you set all the conditions in advance, you basically turn the level into a puzzle. One that if you handle it pretty much the same way every time, you'll always be successful (barring RNG, but that's hardly 'making you think'.). And with the internet, no puzzle survives more than a few hours before guides going up that will tell you how to deal with it to the turn.

There is actually. When you set all the conditions in advance, you basically turn the level into a puzzle. One that if you handle it pretty much the same way every time, you'll always be successful (barring RNG, but that's hardly 'making you think'.). And with the internet, no puzzle survives more than a few hours before guides going up that will tell you how to deal with it to the turn.

Well looking at your response, I hardly see how using a custom-made team then makes the DLC any better, it sounds like it just makes it worse by making it too easy.

When you set all the conditions in advance, you basically turn the level into a puzzle. Again, I don't see how the DLC would be better if you used your own units. If the enemies stats, skills and classes don't change to make them stronger should you use high stats, promoted children, then you make everything even more one-sided in your favor (if you see that as fun then I won't question you as to why you enjoy content that can't be considered hard since that's your own value.)

One that if you handle it pretty much the same way every time, you'll always be successful (barring RNG, but that's hardly 'making you think'.). That's FE in a nutshell as a whole, once you figure out how the game has set things up, the game becomes much easier and doesn't become harder under 'normal circumstances'. One would think about how to assess a situation if RNG screwed you up in one or more ways when you were on a self-imposed run.

And with the internet, no puzzle survives more than a few hours before guides going up that will tell you how to deal with it to the turn. I can't really say much else as that point is pretty much accurate on any forums on games.

Well looking at your response, I hardly see how using a custom-made team then makes the DLC any better, it sounds like it just makes it worse by making it too easy.

Because 'too easy' isn't worse. It's different. It provides options. If you want a hard ass challenge, great, solo the thing with a level 12 Orochi. Try to do it in one round. You can make your own challenges when you're playing your own units. Personally, I started doing stuff like that with both Awakening and Fates DLC where you play your own characters. But it's not like I want to do that all the time. It's tedious. Sometimes I just like curb-stomping the level.

No option this way. Set difficulty, set unit, play our way or the highway (or buy a powersave and manufacture the skill items at will).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But in a single player game, what I do doesn't hurt you or vice versa. And the PvP is irrelevant when I see 1st gen units running around with Aptitude.

>Map Pack 2 comes out on May 5th.

>It contains the Heirs of the Monado Fate DLC.

>Heirs of Fate seems to be based on the Future Past DLC.

>Morgan was the boss of two of the Future Past maps.

>May 5th is Morgan's birthday.

Illuminati confirmed.

Edited by Luankachu

Because 'too easy' isn't worse. It's different. It provides options. If you want a hard ass challenge, great, solo the thing with a level 12 Orochi. Try to do it in one round. You can make your own challenges when you're playing your own units. Personally, I started doing stuff like that with both Awakening and Fates DLC where you play your own characters. But it's not like I want to do that all the time. It's tedious. Sometimes I just like curb-stomping the level.

No option this way. Set difficulty, set unit, play our way or the highway (or buy a powersave and manufacture the skill items at will).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But in a single player game, what I do doesn't hurt you or vice versa. And the PvP is irrelevant when I see 1st gen units running around with Aptitude.

...ok. So far a good number of posts on other threads regarding the last batch of DLC (that have conditions pre-set beforehand) are being mentioned on how 'easy' it is overall and how it's not that hard. I can't tell if you're not one of those people looking at how you feel about the DLC chapters. Shouldn't we be happy that IS is still trying to 'work' to make Fates better for everyone by adding more content considering the amount of flaws are in the game instead of complaining about how the player-base behaves when we get our ideas and wishes put down? I know that it's easier to say the negative responses than positive responses about this game, I spoke with eclipse last month about things like this before on a PM. How exactly do you use Orochi or anyone one else in a DLC Chapter where they can't be used without hacking, or am I comically missing the point behind that?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, yes, I know I was crossing that line by looking at my posts but everyone will do that at some point, can't be avoided all the time. Ever since Awakening came out, FE has started to lose out on the 'single-player' game sensation due to the amount of online capabilities are added. Can't really call a single-player game a single-player game when you end up facing actual players (as CPUs).

I'm not picky on DLC. I think it's fun, and a little challenging (not really, since a lot of FE skills are a bit over the top, it makes this a bit more... vanilla?) having to use preset units. I'm just waiting for Japan to get Series 4 now :p

Edited by Vere

Glad we're getting more stuff soon, but I don't get why they keep forcing us to use their crappy pre-built teams. We spend all this time crafting a good team and can't play them. Grrr....

This really annoyed me actually. I might play it once, but I play FE to build my own team and wreak havoc, not use the rent-a-teams. Are there any forthcoming maps where we can actually use our own teams, or am I wasting my time by grinding at this point?

I have a feeling that we will get an Apotheosis 2 in Map Pack 3 and maybe we'll get an international release date

or we get none of that and no fanservice DLC

I really, really hope for a Pack 3 !! Because I need my Oboro x Kiragi conversation! And seriously, because I would like to see more maps, I don't have problems throwing my money to Nintendo for more Fates haha.

But I'm happy we are getting the kids DLC soon, I want to hear Shigure's song in english. Can we buy the pack already or until 5/5?

The six maps give all of the (Stat)- taker skills and then Point Blank Skill, and then Anna gives you boots and a Paragon Scroll for free.

The DLC page on the Fates page is updated and shows which taker you get for each map.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/miscellaneous/downloadable-content/maps/#gift2

Edited by Lord_Grima

I like that it's coming soon, and cheaper than expected (was prepared to pay $15 at least for the set), but I'm curious as to why the Scramble maps aren't in the Pack.

My best guess is that they're using the time between this DLC wave to translate the Scrambles. I mean, there is a lot of dialogue to work through there.

Anyway, can't say I'm too excited for this one considering how lackluster the writing for this game is so far. though the preview for the first two missions look neat.

Edited by cryogeist

The six maps give all of the (Stat)- taker skills and then Point Blank Skill, and then Anna gives you boots and a Paragon Scroll for free.

The DLC page on the Fates page is updated and shows which taker you get for each map.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/miscellaneous/downloadable-content/maps/#gift2

thanks mate. Hmmm...the last map seems to be kinda worth it but i dunno... I gotta think about this one.