The Pairing Thread (Fates)

Avalanche

Since there are so many threads asking for help with their Revelation Pairings, I figured one big thread dedicated to posting any questions you may have would be better than clogging up the Forum with 2-3 new threads a day.

If you want any help with your Pairings, please post them here.

Edited by Avalanche
I refuse to introduce spelling errors into the title

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the days of when I would clog the Awakenings pairing thread with my noob mutterings...

So anyways, should we count A+ pairings on top of S pairings? I think being able to discuss the viability of, say, a Swordmaster Sakura over a Maid Sakura (A+ with Hana over Elise) deserves the same levels of discussion as who Sakura should be mothering.

I don't see why not. Really, this thread is just meant to prevent the Forum from being cluttered with different versions of the same thread. Seriously, before I made this, there were 3 Revelation Paring threads posted in a row.

Very well… maybe I'll actually get some responses this time, as no one has responded to my current topic yet.

Anyways

I've started another file, but I'm only on Ch. 8 and no pairings are actually set in stone yet.

I don't have the DLC and don't visit other people's MyCastles (I have bad wifi at the moment) and I'm opposed to buying skills in my own files because I like having to consider the pros and cons of skill access and buying skills would take away this thought exercise that I enjoy.

In many cases, I've tried to have pairings that benefit both the parents and the child, instead of being purely child-centric, although some pairings will be tilted more in the favor of one than the other. I have also made an allowance for having my avatar marry the spouse of my choice and carry the boon/bane/talent of my personal taste regardless. I've also tried to go for pairings that also have decent supports behind them where possible (trying to strike a compromise where its both reasonable for class/skill access AND the support is nice), although this isn't always possible.

So this is what I have in the preliminary plan. What do you think? Pairings are in the spoiler boxes to save space on the page.

1st gen x 1st gen and Avatar x 2nd gen pairings:

1. +MAG/-LCK Mage Talent (Dark Mage) Male Avatar/"Corrin" x Hinoka!Caeldori. Corrin can get A+ with any males in the game. Caeldori A+ w/Sophie.

2. Azura x Kaze. Azura A+ w/Elise or Sakura. Kaze A+ with Silas or Xander.

3. Jakob x Kagero. Undecided on A+ options.

4. Silas x Camila. Silas A+ with Ryoma for Swordfaire. Camilla A+ with Beruka for Axefaire.

5. Ryoma x Rinkah. Ryoma A+ with Silas/Xander. Rinkah A+ with Charlotte.

6. Saizo x Felicia. Undecided on A+ supports.

7. Azama x Orochi. A+ Undecided…. but maybe Subaki with Azama and Nyx (Sorcerer) or Rinkah (Oni Chieftan) with Orochi.

[Yes, I know this is an inefficient use of mods, but it does give a 50% personal magic Mitama (tied with Sakura), who I can use as an Onmyoji, it does let Azama get Rend Heaven, and it does let me take care of Orochi's pairing; both parents seems to have trolling personalities]

8, Takumi x Oboro. Takumi A+ Ryoma/Hinata. Oboro A+ Beruka.

[yes, I know that Takumi gets no new classes, but Kiragi gains new bow classes and Oboro wins the heart of her crush]

9. Hinata x Hana. A+ Undecided.

10. Subaki x Hinoka. Leaning towards Hinoka A+ with Setsuna for Quick Draw or less conveniently A+ with Camilla for Trample. Subaki A+ with Azama or maybe Saizo.

11. Hayato x Nyx. Undecided A+.

12. Peri x Kaden. Undecided A+

13. Xander x Charlotte. Xander A+ with Ryoma. Charlotte A+ with Nyx (Heartseeker) or Rinkah (Death Blow).

14. Laslow x Selena [for shipping reasons]. Laslow likely A+ with Flannel for Rally Str, or Xander for Cavalier tree. Selena with Selena for Bowfaire/Quick Draw or Peri for Cavalier's Elbow Room and Luna.

15. Leo x Sakura. Sakura A+ w/Elise. Leo A+ with Odin?

16. Odin x Elise. Odin A+ undecided. Elise A+ with Sakura (Tomefaire)

17. Niles x Setsuna. A+ Undecided.

18. Arthur x Mozu. Arthur A+ w/Benny. Mozu A+ w/Effie.

Mozu gives big dodge bonuses in attack stance to help Arthur. Can also enable stuff like Certain Blow Berserker Percy.

19. Keaton x Effie. A+ Undecided.

20. Benny x Beruka. Beruka A+ w/Oboro?

2nd Gen x 2nd Gen pairings

1. Hinoka!Kana x Hana!Hisame; Kana A+/Selkie

2. Azura!Midori x Charlotte!Seigbert;

3. Camilla!Sophie x Rinkah!Shiro; Sophie A+/Caeldori.

4. Orochi!Mitama x Kaze!Shigure

5. Nyx!Rhajat x Kagero!Dwyer

6. Peri!Selkie x Beruka!Ignatius

7. Selena!Solei x Sakura!Forrest

8. Elise!Ophelia x Mozu!Percy

9. Setsuna!Nina x Felicia!Asugi

10. Effie!Velouria x Oboro!Kiragi

Your thoughts?

Edited by astrophys

- Jakob can only get a new class from an A+ Support with Takumi

- Kagero likes Sniper from Setsuna (it patches up her Skill and let's her attack without retaliation) , but it's a Weapon Rank grind. Rinkah gives Death Blow from Chieftain, which is also cool.

- Saizo probably prefers an A+ with Laslow (for Sol and Shurikenbreaker), but if his Speed is shaky for you, Darting Blow from Baki helps.

- I'd say Orochi likes a Rinkah A+ more than a Nyx A+.Seriosuly, Death Blow combined with her high Skill stat is awesome

- Unless you really want a Priestess Hana, Effie is probably her best A+ option.

- Nyx likes a Mozu A+ for the Archer line (Certain Blow helps her shaky hit rate) and could probably work as a Shining Bow Adventurer if you really wanted her too.

That's all I've got so far. I''ll probably update this once I'm off campus.

Edited by Avalanche

Keaton wouldn't get Cavalier from Arthur he'd get a wasted Friendship seal. Fighter is not his primary, so he'd try to inherit it from Arthur's friendship but fail because its redundant.

That feel when you mix up buddy and marriage inheritance. Edited by Avalanche

- Jakob can only get a new class from an A+ Support with Takumi

- Kagero likes Sniper from Setsuna (it patches up her Skill and let's her attack without retaliation) , but it's a Weapon Rank grind. Rinkah gives Death Blow from Chieftain, which is also cool.
- Saizo probably prefers an A+ with Laslow (for Sol and Shurikenbreaker), but if his Speed is shaky for you, Darting Blow from Baki helps.
- I'd say Orochi likes a Rinkah A+ more than a Nyx A+.Seriosuly, Death Blow combined with her high Skill stat is awesome
- Unless you really want a Priestess Hana, Effie is probably her best A+ option.
- Nyx likes a Mozu A+ for the Archer line (Certain Blow helps her shaky hit rate) and could probably work as a Shining Bow Adventurer if you really wanted her too.

Well, at least Jakob x Kagero would give him a set of Live to Serve, Tomebreaker, Locktouch, Lethality or Luna, and Shurkienfaire… so I don't suppose he really needs a buddy class.

Kagero could get that bow rank by going Mechanist (keeps shurkien rank in the meantime and starts working on bows). So maybe that's the path for getting Certain Blow.

​Saizo & Laslow…. makes sense, as does Baki and Saizo (although with Laslow at least Saizo can go to Master Ninja first to get to build sword rank while keeping shurkien rank for backup in the meantime).

Deathblow Orochi… makes sense; she cannot double readily, so crits would help her out.

​Hana and Effie…. that means that Effie would also get both Sword and Axe faire when combined with marrying Keaton…. neat for Great Knight or Hero…. although she might not use it if she does something like General.

​Nyx… it does sound like a bit of a struggle with her poor STR, but if you could get Nyx over the hump to C-bows then the Shining Bow could indeed come into play….

What are some good character-based supports for Revelations? I've got a few in mind, but mostly I'm looking for more good supports between the parents (and optionally, a good mother-child support or father-Shigure support). I don't care that much about the kids' stats (although if a good character pairing also gives good stats, that's a nice bonus)

[spoiler=My favorite pairings so far]Selena/Subaki (to make Cordelia Caeldori)

Silas/Camilla (they even admit to love in their A support)

Arthur/Felicia or Arthur/Setsuna (I love how clumsily cute both pairings are)

Saizo/Kagero (rekindling an old flame) or Saizo/Sakura, Saizo/Hinoka (the hair)

Hayato/Orochi (I like their competition with each other)

Benny/Nyx

Leo/Takumi

[spoiler=My favorite pairings so far]

This is the reason why I'm going to do it for my new file. Also lets Camilla get Luna. And Sophie gets to be a princess, just like friend Caeldori (who will be Hinoka's daughter).

What are some good character-based supports for Revelations? I've got a few in mind, but mostly I'm looking for more good supports between the parents (and optionally, a good mother-child support or father-Shigure support). I don't care that much about the kids' stats (although if a good character pairing also gives good stats, that's a nice bonus)

[spoiler=My favorite pairings so far]Selena/Subaki (to make Cordelia Caeldori)

Arthur/Felicia or Arthur/Setsuna (I love how clumsily cute both pairings are)

Saizo/Kagero (rekindling an old flame) or Saizo/Sakura, Saizo/Hinoka (the hair)

Hayato/Orochi (I like their competition with each other)

Benny/Nyx

Leo/Takumi

Laslow/Orochi is a favourite of mine; it's very different from most other supports and has a very lovely C-S progression. I know you've already earmarked Orochi/Hayato (which I did in my latest Birthright run!), but I'd give Laslow a look!

I have a question: are we allowed to ask for help with Birthright and Conquest Pairings here? Since the purpose of this thread is to prevent several similar threads from showing up and not everyone has Revelation, I think it might be a good idea, but since the title specifically says Revelation, I'm not sure if I should. So I decided that I'm going to do it anyways, but put everything in a Spoiler Tag so I don't end up taking too much space if I'm not allowed to and you can just ignore it.

[spoiler=Birthright]

My idea is to do a playthrough like some sort of 'Canon" playthrough, I know that because of the existance of the Outrealms, nothing, or rather, everything is canon, but this playthrough in particular is supposed to be a prequel to F!Kana's timeline in Heirs of Fate/Recollection of Bubbles/Memories of Foam/Ephemeral Memories/DLC Pack 2/Whatever you call it.

No Nohrian Scum will be allowed. That means no Jakob, Dwyer, Silas or Sophie. I might make an exception for Felicia since she is usually associated with Hoshido in the Cipher game, but she'll be reduced to a Corrinsexual role if I do. Scarlet is also allowed since she is part of the Resistance and always joins Hoshido. Shigure won't be used either, since he is part of the failed Revelation Timeline, not Birthright.

All characters will have their end classes be the ones they use in the Cipher card game.

[spoiler=Each class I intend to use. My source is the World of Cipher website]

Corrin and Kana - Hoshido Noble.

Ryoma, Hinata, Hana, Hisame (?), Shiro (?) - Swordmaster. (I haven't found a promoted Hisame card yet, so I don't know his canon class.) (Since this is a prequel, I'm not sure if I should have Shiro know how to wield Swords yet)

Felicia - Maid.

Saizo, Kaze, Kagero, Asugi, Shura(?) - Master Ninja (Shura used to be a Ninja, and it feels a little wrong for him to not get his old job back now that he's in the service of Hoshido's army.)

Hinoka, Tsubaki, Matoi - Falcon Knight

Takumi, Setsuna, Kiragi - Sniper.

Sakura, Mitama - Priestess

Azama - Great Master

Oboro, Shiro (?) - Spear Master

Hayato, Orochi, Rhajat - Onmyoji

Kaden, Selkie - Nine-tails

Rinka - Oni Chieftain

Yukimura - Mechanist

Reina - Kinshi Knight

Scarlet - Wyvern Lord

Mozu, Midori - Merchant.

Shura (?) - Adventurer or Bow Knight

Azura - Singer

Corrin's boon will be Strenght. Haven't decided a bane yet.

His Talent will be either Sky Knight or Wyvern Rider. My reasoning for this is that every Hoshidan sibling (And Azura) except for Takumi has Sky Knight naturally, while every Nohrian sibling except for Leo has Wyvern Rider naturally. Choosing Sky Knight would represent his choice to let go of his past and side with Hoshido, while choosing Wyvern Rider would represent that despite siding with Hoshido, he is still a Nohrian on the inside.

No seals other than Offspring, Master or Heart Seals will be used. They won't use Marriage, Friendship or DLC seals.

No skill-buying. The only skills they'll have are the ones they can get in their default classes.

The pairings need to make sense story-wise. That means that Hinata and Saizo can't marry Hinoka, Sakura or Rinka, as that would make their children royals, so them being retainers for Kiragi and Shiro wouldn't make much sense. Corrin can't marry his sisters either. Felicia can only marry Corrin, but she can end up being unpaired as well.

[spoiler=The Pairings I've already decided are:]

Takumi x Oboro (For OTP reasons)

Kaze x Azura (I know what you're thinking: Hasn't Corrin x Azura been shipteased to hell and back in the story? I originally intended to do it, but... Well, Kana didn't seem to recognize Shigure or Azura, while Midori has an item known as Azura's Salve in the DLC Heirs of Fate III: The Changing Tide in her inventory.

All Hoshidan Children will be recruited but only at the Endgame.

The priority is quality in supports and what makes sense in the story, but I also really don't want the children to end up being crippled growth-wise.

Also, which hair color should I have for Corrin? The official artwork shows him with Hair Color 1, but the trailer and game defaults to Color 4. Or should I just say screw it and give Corrin either Mikoto's or Anankos' hair color?

I intend to start this playthrough on June 25th: The one year anniversary of this game's japanese release. I'd really appreciate if you could help me with my pairings.

I have a question: are we allowed to ask for help with Birthright and Conquest Pairings here? Since the purpose of this thread is to prevent several similar threads from showing up and not everyone has Revelation, I think it might be a good idea, but since the title specifically says Revelation, I'm not sure if I should. So I decided that I'm going to do it anyways, but put everything in a Spoiler Tag so I don't end up taking too much space if I'm not allowed to and you can just ignore it.

[spoiler=Birthright]

My idea is to do a playthrough like some sort of 'Canon" playthrough, I know that because of the existance of the Outrealms, nothing, or rather, everything is canon, but this playthrough in particular is supposed to be a prequel to F!Kana's timeline in Heirs of Fate/Recollection of Bubbles/Memories of Foam/Ephemeral Memories/DLC Pack 2/Whatever you call it.

No Nohrian Scum will be allowed. That means no Jakob, Dwyer, Silas or Sophie. I might make an exception for Felicia since she is usually associated with Hoshido in the Cipher game, but she'll be reduced to a Corrinsexual role if I do. Scarlet is also allowed since she is part of the Resistance and always joins Hoshido. Shigure won't be used either, since he is part of the failed Revelation Timeline, not Birthright.

All characters will have their end classes be the ones they use in the Cipher card game.

[spoiler=Each class I intend to use. My source is the World of Cipher website]

Corrin and Kana - Hoshido Noble.

Ryoma, Hinata, Hana, Hisame (?), Shiro (?) - Swordmaster. (I haven't found a promoted Hisame card yet, so I don't know his canon class.) (Since this is a prequel, I'm not sure if I should have Shiro know how to wield Swords yet)

Felicia - Maid.

Saizo, Kaze, Kagero, Asugi, Shura(?) - Master Ninja (Shura used to be a Ninja, and it feels a little wrong for him to not get his old job back now that he's in the service of Hoshido's army.)

Hinoka, Tsubaki, Matoi - Falcon Knight

Takumi, Setsuna, Kiragi - Sniper.

Sakura, Mitama - Priestess

Azama - Great Master

Oboro, Shiro (?) - Spear Master

Hayato, Orochi, Rhajat - Onmyoji

Kaden, Selkie - Nine-tails

Rinka - Oni Chieftain

Yukimura - Mechanist

Reina - Kinshi Knight

Scarlet - Wyvern Lord

Mozu, Midori - Merchant.

Shura (?) - Adventurer or Bow Knight

Azura - Singer

Corrin's boon will be Strenght. Haven't decided a bane yet.

His Talent will be either Sky Knight or Wyvern Rider. My reasoning for this is that every Hoshidan sibling (And Azura) except for Takumi has Sky Knight naturally, while every Nohrian sibling except for Leo has Wyvern Rider naturally. Choosing Sky Knight would represent his choice to let go of his past and side with Hoshido, while choosing Wyvern Rider would represent that despite siding with Hoshido, he is still a Nohrian on the inside.

No seals other than Offspring, Master or Heart Seals will be used. They won't use Marriage, Friendship or DLC seals.

No skill-buying. The only skills they'll have are the ones they can get in their default classes.

The pairings need to make sense story-wise. That means that Hinata and Saizo can't marry Hinoka, Sakura or Rinka, as that would make their children royals, so them being retainers for Kiragi and Shiro wouldn't make much sense. Corrin can't marry his sisters either. Felicia can only marry Corrin, but she can end up being unpaired as well.

[spoiler=The Pairings I've already decided are:]

Takumi x Oboro (For OTP reasons)

Kaze x Azura (I know what you're thinking: Hasn't Corrin x Azura been shipteased to hell and back in the story? I originally intended to do it, but... Well, Kana didn't seem to recognize Shigure or Azura, while Midori has an item known as Azura's Salve in the DLC Heirs of Fate III: The Changing Tide in her inventory.

All Hoshidan Children will be recruited but only at the Endgame.

The priority is quality in supports and what makes sense in the story, but I also really don't want the children to end up being crippled growth-wise.

Also, which hair color should I have for Corrin? The official artwork shows him with Hair Color 1, but the trailer and game defaults to Color 4. Or should I just say screw it and give Corrin either Mikoto's or Anankos' hair color?

I intend to start this playthrough on June 25th: The one year anniversary of this game's japanese release. I'd really appreciate if you could help me with my pairings.

I'm sure it's okay, just a bit of a miswording on Mr./Mrs./Ms./Miss Avalanches part.

Edited by Xenomata

I'm sure it's okay, just a bit of a miswording on Mr./Mrs./Ms./Miss Avalanches part.

I was working on 4 hours of sleep and only 1 cup of coffee when I made this thread XD It's all okay in Mr. Avalanche's book.

Since I'm going for canonicity...

S Support

• Xander x Charlotte - Kinda the whole "country girl marries rich guy" fairy tale trope, but Xander doesn't fall for her wiles, instead falling for her for being her. Plus I think it'd be awesome for her to gain this wealth because she's doing so much for her parents.
  • Ryoma x Rinkah - Aside from being the optimal pairing (when considering all children, not just Shiro), I like the idea of marrying them for nobility reasons, since Ryoma is a prince of Hoshido, and Rinkah is the daughter of the Flame Tribe's chief.
  • Leo x Felicia - While I would've preferred Flora for this, it's the same reason as Ryoma.
  • Hayato x Sakura - Again for the same reason. Why is there no Lightning Tribe :p ?
  • Keaton x Camilla - Same reason as others above. Plus this support is just adorable. Not to mention Camilla is one of the most likely to cross-breed.
  • Benny x Azura - Beauty and the Beast with a little Snow White in there.
  • Takumi x Oboro - While not exactly the same trope as Xander and Charlotte, I still find this to be cute. Plus it's one of the better hair options for Kiragi.
  • Subaki x Selena - Obvious reasons.
  • Laslow x Hana - I found this one to be cute too. Plus bonus points for giving Soleil a hair color that would naturally be hereditary.
  • Odin x Elise - This one was more because of it being a good paring stat-wise. And again with the hair thing.
  • Kaden x Hinoka - Same as most of the other royals, as well as both having a red motif in their final costumes.
  • Jakob x Mozu - I know a lot of people dislike Jakob and Azama because of their personalities, but Jakob starts off being so nice to Mozu. It's nice seeing how different he is from the start rather than growing attached to someone.
  • Azama x Orochi - Sass versus sass.
  • Niles x Nyx - Kinky. Plus "N" for Niles, Nix, and Nina. Edit: (Niles may be ambiguous in his skin tone, but hopefully people didn't see that as being racist. I was just mentioning how all of their names starts with the letter "n".)
  • Saizo x Kagero - Teenage sweethearts who are back at it again with their different teaching styles.
  • Arthur x Setsuna - Two wrongs make a right. In this case, two bad lucks make a good luck.
  • Hinata x Peri - Another trope. Not much else since I'm down to pairings I find meh.
  • Silas x Beruka - Another trope, but at least it's likeable, and Silas isn't weird in this one.
  • Kaze x Effie - Leftovers.

Don't know if I'm gonna be male or female in this one. If I were male, then Flora. If I were female, then Shura. I'm leaning towards Shura.

I'll add in my A+'s later.

Edited by Vere

• Xander x Charlotte - Kinda the whole "country girl marries rich guy" fairy tale trope, but Xander doesn't fall for her wiles, instead falling for her for being her. Plus I think it'd be awesome for her to gain this wealth because she's doing so much for her parents.

Isn't that the exact reason why people fall for her in the first place? IIRC, most of Charlottes S supports are her buttering up the male in C, saying/doing something out of line in B, and then being confronted about it and being told it's all cool in A. Pretty sure only Benny's is different.

reposting from my thread:

[spoiler=pairings]MaMU(+Str/-Def, Samurai)/Flora

Ryoma/Rinkah

Takumi/Oboro

Saizo/Sakura

Kaden/Setsuna

Hinata/Hana

Azama/Kagero

Subaki/Hinoka

Hayato/Orochi

Xander/Charlotte

Leo/Felicia

Benny/Beruka

Keaton/Effie

Arthur/Selena

Odin/Elise

Laslow/Peri

Niles/Camilla

MaMU pairing is 100% fixed, others are mostly fixed but I might change some of them(mainly Arthur and Laslow). MaMU aside, I used the children's mods and growth rates as the base of my pairings(with hair color and support convos to an extent).

The main problem is by going MaMU and the pairings listed above, Nyx is the only female left and her picks are either Jakob or Kaze, depending on who am I pairing the neutrals with(Azura/Jakob and Kaze/Mozu for former, Azura/Kaze and Silas/Mozu for latter).

Who should I sacrifice, Midori or Dwyer? Or should I go FeMU instead and marry either of them(leaving Nyx forever alone)?

Isn't that the exact reason why people fall for her in the first place? IIRC, most of Charlottes S supports are her buttering up the male in C, saying/doing something out of line in B, and then being confronted about it and being told it's all cool in A. Pretty sure only Benny's is different.

Xander calls her out saying it's not how a knight should act from the start. When I mentioned her wiles, that's what I meant. She tries to butter him up, but Xander doesn't fall for it, instead falling for her normal side.

What are some good character-based supports for Revelations?

Benny/Orobo (Benny's gimmick gets reversed/Orobo's supports with any Nohr are great)

Azama/Effie (Azama gets character development, and Effie isn't always talking about Elise)

Edited by crazy_man