The Pairing Thread (Fates)

Avalanche

Alright, after a lot of thinking (meaning that wasted a whole day on these pairing) I decided to change a few things on them. I don't know if it was a good decision or not but...I can't control my urges. Still deciding on the talent though I currently leaning toward the Lancer class due to passing down the Lance faire or Breaking Sky to Shigure but then again I could buy it off another Shigure.

Azura!Kana x Kagero!Kiragi

Kana- Nohr Noble, Paladin (Cavalier), Spear Master (Lancer)

Kiragi- Sniper/Ballistician

Corrin!Shigure x Charlotte!Selkie

Shigure- Falcon Knight/Hoshido Noble

Selkie- Berserker/Nine Tails

Peri!Dwyer x Hana!Soleil

Dwyer- Paladin

Soleil- Swordmaster/Master Ninja

Sakura!Forrest x Elise/Felicia!Ophelia

Forrest- Dark Falcon/Strategist

Ophelia- Witch

Effie!Percy x Setsuna!Mitama

Percy- Wyvern Lord/Berserker

Mitama- Sniper/Priestess/Wyvern Lord

Oboro!Caeldori x Beruka!Ignatius

Caeldori- General/Spear Master

Ignatius- General

Hinoka!Siegbert x Mozu!Midori

Siegbert- Basara (A+ Shiro)

Midori- Basara (A+ Selkie)

Camilla!Velouria x Selena!Hisame

Velouria- Wolfssenger/Berserker

Hisame- Swordmaster/Hero

Rinkah!Shiro x Nyx!Rhajat

Shiro- Spear Master/Basara

Rhajat- Witch

Felicia/Elise!Nina x Orochi!Asugi

Nina- Adventurer

Asugi- Dark Falcon/Master Ninja

These are the pairings that I come out with during my day of thinking. I was able to come up with some good final class that I think would be appropriate but whether they work well together in battle is another story. That and the fact that I'm stumped when it come to the A+ Support for each unit.

Firstly, do you think that this set is more effective than my other previous set or the other way around. And if so, can you help me with the A+ Support as that is my road block and general moveset in mind or class combination. I accept any suggestion.

I was thinking of bringing Sophie back into my pairing and abandon Mitama or even Nina instead. Should I do this? Does anyone of the children particularly need Monk or Outlaw class line that so it doesn't required Skill buying from My Castle. I could do a;

Felicia!Mitama x Orochi!Asugi

Effie!Percy x Setsuna!Sophie

or

Felicia!Nina x Orochi!Asugi

Effie!Percy x Setsuna!Sophie

I don't see the reason of the change as your other team was decent but I work with it. I will have to say that I like this more than your team. I'm glad that you decided to add Sophie because you can't have enough Paladins and Sophie have grown on me. If I have to pick between Mitama and Nina I will say Mitama because of one thing; Shining Bow. You have a lot of Snipers in your pack but not much of them would ultize the Shining Bow; I don't like to see a item wasted but that my opinion.

As for your classes; they are pretty good classes to end each and every one of your crew. For Sophie you can finish her on Paladin or Wyvern Lord. As for classes combination...pair physical with physical unit, magic units to magic units and mixed to any side. That is all that I can say but otherwise be creative.

For the A+ Support; I only thought of only few

Shigure; Hisame (It's the only Support that get him a new class line)

Kiragi Hisame (So he can get the skill Life or Death for a sweet combo of Replicate, Bowfaire, Life or Death, Rend Heaven and Quixotic

Soleil; Sophie (So she can get Luna, a given skill on a physical unit to boost strength along with classes to help with her growth rate of Defense and HP quickly in my opinion.

Midori; Selkie (so she can get Basara

Siegbert ; Shiro (Same reason as above)

Rhajat: Ophelia (What better way to complete the whole reincarnation of Thaja than having the Dark Mage class)

And those are the few that I could come up with.

EDIT: Okay, I just realized that Nyx provided Rhajat with Dark Mage class so since there is no Mitama, A+ Rhajat with Selkie since I see no need for Sky Knight and Rhajat is able to get Replicate which is pretty awesome in my opinion.

Also I think you could change your pairing around (if you do it a second time then a third time won't be a problem.

First, I suggested changing Hisame and Sophie's mother around as Setsuna help with Hisame's speed problem better than Selena and Sophie love the mod provided by Selena and DAT red hair color then...

Kana x Dwyer

Kiragi x Sophie

Soleil x Percy

and the rest stay the same.

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, should I pair Hinata with Hana, Oboro or Selena?

I'm leaning towards Oboro to give Hisame Spear Fighter and then Hana will likely end up with Takumi.

Hana is one of Kiragi's best mom beside Kagero and Azura as it creates a very powerful Sniper with a powerful combo of Vantage and Point Blank.

Oboro is definitely on the Top 3 of Hisame's best mom but Oboro is good on a lot of physical children and it is known that Hisame is very medicore and average so I consider giving Oboro to someone else and pairing Hinata and Selena.

This pairing not only help with Hisame's speed problem but also give him good mods, especially a +4 Def and the Mercenary line.

Guys, should I pair Hinata with Hana, Oboro or Selena?

I'm leaning towards Oboro to give Hisame Spear Fighter and then Hana will likely end up with Takumi.

Is there a child left aside from Kiragi and Hisame? If so, do Hinata x Selena and Takumi x Hana. If not, just have Oboro marry Hinata so Hisame can be a defensive Spear Master. He makes a good Hero with Selena as the mother too. His growths and caps are too fitting of a Swordmaster sadly.

Hana is one of Kiragi's best mom beside Kagero and Azura as it creates a very powerful Sniper with a powerful combo of Vantage and Point Blank.

Oboro is definitely on the Top 3 of Hisame's best mom but Oboro is good on a lot of physical children and it is known that Hisame is very medicore and average so I consider giving Oboro to someone else and pairing Hinata and Selena.

This pairing not only help with Hisame's speed problem but also give him good mods, especially a +4 Def and the Mercenary line.

Is there a child left aside from Kiragi and Hisame? If so, do Hinata x Selena and Takumi x Hana. If not, just have Oboro marry Hinata so Hisame can be a defensive Spear Master. He makes a good Hero with Selena as the mother too. His growths and caps are too fitting of a Swordmaster sadly.

I have a majority of the characters unpaired. Here are my current pairings:

Fem!Corrin x Shura

Benny x Rinkah

Tsubaki x Setsuna

I had most of my pairings planned out but I got a little excited and prematurely paired off Tsubaki and Benny. Here are what was going to be my pairings:

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Sakura

Takumi x Mozu

Ryoma x Oboro

Keaton x Camilla

Kaden x Azura

Laslow x Peri

Odin x Orochi

Arthur x Kagero

Kaze x Beruka

Saizou x Felicia

Hayato x Nyx

Niles x Selena

Silas x Hinoka

Jakob x Elise

Hinata x Hana

Azama x Effie

I'm set on most of them except Takumi, Hinata and Ryoma. I was gonna swap Oboro, Hana and Mozu around, which would have resulted in RyoMozu, HinaObo and TakuHana. Then, I thought about Niles and ARGH!

Sorry about extending my question but then I got to second guessing even more. T_T

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Here is my recommendation:

Corrin x Shura

Azura x Laslow

Jakob x Beruka

Silas x Peri

Kaze x Mozu

Ryoma x Kagero

Takumi x Azura

Saizo x Felicia

Kaden x Charlotte

Hinata x Selena

Azama x Oboro

Subaki x Setsuna

Hayato x Nyx

Xander x Hinoka

Leo x Sakura

Benny x Rinkah

Keaton x Camilla

Arthur x Effie

Odin x Orochi

Niles x Elise

Corrin x Shura

Azura x Laslow

Jakob x Beruka

Silas x Peri

Kaze x Mozu

Ryoma x Kagero

Takumi x Azura

Saizo x Felicia

Kaden x Charlotte

Hinata x Selena

Azama x Oboro

Subaki x Setsuna

Hayato x Nyx

Xander x Hinoka

Leo x Sakura

Benny x Rinkah

Keaton x Camilla

Arthur x Effie

Odin x Orochi

Niles x Elise

Okay, thanks for the help and suggestions~!

Corrin x Shura

Azura x Laslow

Jakob x Beruka

Silas x Peri

Kaze x Mozu

Ryoma x Kagero

Takumi x Azura

Saizo x Felicia

Kaden x Charlotte

Hinata x Selena

Azama x Oboro

Subaki x Setsuna

Hayato x Nyx

Xander x Hinoka

Leo x Sakura

Benny x Rinkah

Keaton x Camilla

Arthur x Effie

Odin x Orochi

Niles x Elise

You already have Azura for Laslow. I think you Hana for Takumi or the other way around.

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

Thoughts on these pairings for my next Birthright run:

Corrin x Hinoka

Ryoma x Rinkah

Takumi x Kagero

Hayato x Sakura

Kaze x Azura

Silas x Mozu

Hinata x Setsuna

Kaden x Hana

Subaki x Oboro

Azama x Felicia

Saizo x Orochi

I know I leave Jakob without a kid. But when I am usually the male avatar, I usually just never use Jakob and I give him the Chef's hat and call it a day.

I was re-evaluating some of my Revelation pairings and stumbled upon something that made me reconsider a pairing regarding Forrest's mother. Originally I was planning to have Peri as his mom, however, a closer inspection of Leo's other pairings reveals that Hinoka has roughly the same stats, but they're different enough from Peri's to make me stop and wonder. So, taking those into account alongside other options added to Forrest by each mother, I'm wondering: should I stick with Peri or switch to Hinoka?

Forrest: Magic Tank/Mixed Offense Nuke Hybrid Build

Objective: Nuke opposing units via either offensive spectrum while tanking Mag-based hits like a champ.

Class: Grandmaster (31 Str / 33 Mag / 33 Skl / 33 Res) (before Mods)

Class Growth Rates: 10 HP / 15 Str / 15 Mag / 15 Skl / 5 Spd / 0 Lck / 5 Def / 15 Res

Skillset: Ignis / Aegis* / Quixotic / Wary Fighter / Warp

*I've considered Pavise here, too. You'll understand why once you see Forrest's Res stat with either mother.

Mother: Peri

Stat Mods: Mag +3 / Lck +1 / Def -1 / Res +5

Classes/Skills Gained: Cavalier (Elbow Room, Shelter), Great Knight (Luna, Armored Blow), Paladin (Defender, Aegis)

Growth Rates (w/ Grandmaster): 52.5 HP / 47.5 Str / 50 Mag / 40 Skl / 47.5 Skl / 30 Lck / 30 Def / 65 Res

Final Max Stats: 31 Str / 36 Mag / 33 Skl / 29 Spd / 27 Lck / 27 Def / 38 Res

Mother: Hinoka

Stat Mods: Mag +2 / Lck +1 / Res +5

Classes/Skills Gained: Sky Knight (Darting Blow, Camaraderie), Falcon Knight (Rally Speed, Warding Blow), Kinshi Knight (Air Superiority, Amaterasu)

Growth Rates (w/ Grandmaster): 60 HP / 45 Str / 55 Mag / 45 Skl / 45 Spd / 32.5 Lck / 35 Def / 62.5 Res

Final Max Stats: 31 Str / 35 Mag / 33 Skl / 29 Spd / 27 Lck / 28 Def / 38 Res

Essentially, what it comes down to is the extra point to Mag or Def, since with the Boo Camp DLC, I can grind for as long as I need to (thus making Stat Growths not quite as relevant, though not totally out of the question). I suppose taking into consideration the build's objective and what each mother adds to Forrest, Peri would still likely be the better choice, but I'm still wondering. Alternatively, if you think there are better options for this kind of build out of the (male) child units, let me know. Just take into consideration what I already have paired:

Silas x Azura

Kaze x Elise

Saizo x Orochi

need help pairing these bachelors: Hinata, Jakob, Silas with Selena, Peri, Hinoka.. My planning is:

Hinata x Selena

Jakob x Peri

Silas x Hinoka

What do you guys think?

That is good. You can switch Peri and Selena if you preferred that.

I'd be happy to assist you. What kind of Corrin are you looking to run?

I'll post the pairings I've had for a long time just for show:

+STR -DEF Corrin x Charlotte!Velouria = Kana

Azura x Laslow = Shigure & Soleil

Jakob x Rinkah = Dwyer

Silas x Peri = Sophie

Kaze x Mozu = Midori

Ryoma x Camilla = Shiro

Takumi x Hana = Kiragi

Saizo x Orochi = Asugi

Kaden x Setsuna = Selkie

Hinata x Selena = Hisame

Azama x Effie = Mitama

Subaki x Oboro = Caeldori

Hayato x Nyx = Rhajat

Xander x Hinoka x Siegbert

Leo x Sakura = Forrest

Benny x Beruka = Ignatius

Keaton x Charlotte = Velouria

Arthur x Kagero = Percy

Odin x Felicia = Ophelia (Enchances Ophelia's Critical Hit chanes due to +2 SKL Mod)

Niles x Elise = Nina

That is for +11 STR Kana and some pairings would be flipped around if you wanted to do a MAG one.

Hello there,

I'm interested in those setup, can I ask what class you pass from Corrin to Kana?

Edited by onmyoji

Hello there,

I'm interested in those setup, can I ask what class you pass from Corrin to Kana?

+STR -DEF Corrin w/ Fighter as Talent x Charlotte!Velouria

Velouria passes down Wolfskin instead of Fighter so Corrin must pass it down. My Corrin ends as a Swordmaster but Berserker and other STR-based classes work well.

+STR -DEF Corrin w/ Fighter as Talent x Charlotte!Velouria

Velouria passes down Wolfskin instead of Fighter so Corrin must pass it down. My Corrin ends as a Swordmaster but Berserker and other STR-based classes work well.

Thanks! Can't wait to try it, Berserker Kana must be awesome.

Thanks! Can't wait to try it, Berserker Kana must be awesome.

She has fallen from grace somewhat in PvP but she is great once you eliminate those -breaker Swordmasters. Great if you get the first move and get a guaranteed kill with the right Staffing as long as the unit you're targeting isn't Ignatius.

Which pairing do you guys think is more better?

(+Str, -Def, Cavalier) Corrin!Shigure x Setsuna!Mitama

OR

(+Str, -Def, Cavalier) Corrin!Shigure x Setsuna!Sophie

Which pairing is more better for gameplay aspect and chemistry in your opinion? The child that is not pick will not exist due to marrying Azura

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

Which pairing do you guys think is more better?

(+Str, -Def, Cavalier) Corrin!Shigure x Setsuna!Mitama

OR

(+Str, -Def, Cavalier) Corrin!Shigure x Setsuna!Sophie

Which pairing is more better for gameplay aspect and chemistry in your opinion? The child that is not pick will not exist due to marrying Azura

Mitama

Hi guys! I'm looking at picking up my Revelations playthrough that I barely started a few months back. I put in a fair bit of effort into my pairings, but I'd like to go over them once more - looking at them now, I still think there are a few children put in awkward positions, although that's probably inevitable.

Kaden x FeMu (+Spd/-Lck)

Odin x Elise

Niles x Nyx

Keaton x Camilla

Kaze x Azura

Subaki x Hinoka

Silas x Oboro

Takumi x Setsuna

Saizo x Orochi

Hayato x Felicia

Hinata x Selena

Arthur x Mozu

Benny x Rinkah

Ryoma x Kagero

Azama x Effie

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Sakura

Laslow x Hana

Jakob x Peri

I would really appreciate any sort of feedback. FWIW, I'm also willing to restart and re-do my boon/bane if it opens up some especially good options for me that aren't available right now. I wasn't sure if I was overdoing it with a speed boon for Selkie. :<

Thanks!

Hi guys! I'm looking at picking up my Revelations playthrough that I barely started a few months back. I put in a fair bit of effort into my pairings, but I'd like to go over them once more - looking at them now, I still think there are a few children put in awkward positions, although that's probably inevitable.

Kaden x FeMu (+Spd/-Lck)

Odin x Elise

Niles x Nyx

Keaton x Camilla

Kaze x Azura

Subaki x Hinoka

Silas x Oboro

Takumi x Setsuna

Saizo x Orochi

Hayato x Felicia

Hinata x Selena

Arthur x Mozu

Benny x Rinkah

Ryoma x Kagero

Azama x Effie

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Sakura

Laslow x Hana

Jakob x Peri

I would really appreciate any sort of feedback. FWIW, I'm also willing to restart and re-do my boon/bane if it opens up some especially good options for me that aren't available right now. I wasn't sure if I was overdoing it with a speed boon for Selkie. :<

Thanks!

Kaden x FeMu (+Spd/-Lck)

Odin x Orochi

Niles x Elise

Keaton x Camilla

Kaze x Mozu

Subaki x Oboro

Silas x Hinoka

Takumi x Hana

Saizo x Felicia

Hayato x Felicia

Hinata x Selena

Arthur x Effie

Benny x Beruka

Ryoma x Kagero

Azama x Setsuna

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Sakura

Laslow x Azura

Jakob x Peri

Your pairings look good for the most part but this is what I'd recommend for having your children perform the best overall with your circumstances.

Only child that will be underwhelming is Siegert and you'll Selkie and Kana should turn out well enough.

Edited by ShadowStar77