The Pairing Thread (Fates)

Avalanche

Has anyone married one of the beasts, then made kana a permanent flying unit to give lots of weaknesses? I think that Fire emblem should have an armored flying unit. Poor Kana if this ever happens to him/her.

As for pairings from all my routes-

A lot were done for support, or just because I was trollin

FeMuXLaslow- At least I don't know his mom this time

FeMuXHayato-seriously regretted it. Kana gets nice stats for his dragonstone usage though

FeMuXSubaki-planned

SakuraXSaizo-Gauis!

TakumixOboro- the only person he's nice to

HinokaXSubaki- Caeldori hair

SakuraXLeo- Marry all the royals

EliseXTakumi-same as above

RyomaXCamilla-Same as above

XanderXHinoka-Same as above

ArthurXSetsuna- bad luck

AzuraXKaeden- Touch his tail

AzuraXKaze- nice supports

HayatoXNyx- Tharja (never used her though)

SubakiXSelena- Its perfect, make her feel inferior to everyone!

KaedenXHanna- They help eachother.

OrochiXAzama- rats

Thats all I got off the top of my head

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give her a Bolt Naginata. For weapon triangle and it works off of her better magic.

Wouldn't magic be better for skill procing and crits? Or would stuff like Lancefaire + Galeforce + Life or Death + Replicate + Renewal be preferred? Which skills for Dark Flier Selena!Caeldori?

Wouldn't magic be better for skill procing and crits? Or would stuff like Lancefaire + Galeforce + Life or Death + Replicate + Renewal be preferred? Which skills for Dark Flier Selena!Caeldori?

Possibly. Just a suggestion though. I never relied much on crits and proccing for Caeldori tbh since she was mostly used as support for Shiro.

As far as Tomes/Spells go, Horse God is insanely good for magic. Like damn, stat boosts with no drawbacks. It's crazy.

Wait, so Selena! Caeldori IS usable as a Dark Flier in PVP? That's great! Which skills and weapons will she want?

Lightning/ Snake Spirit are great choices, Snake Spirit effect can be bypassed somewhat with lances, Horse scroll is good for no drawbacks,also Guard Naginata can be used, Selena gives a +5 DEF mod on top of the Guard Naginata's +5, Killer Lance could be used in the turn your MAG is halved.

In regards of skills it is somewhat dependant on how you want to play her, as a Galeforce unit things like Certain Blow, Darting Blow, Extravagance and Replicate are incredible, if you want to play her in a Nohrian trust build you could put her with Asugi, since it gives her SPD which is the stat she most desires, with skills like Dragon Fang, Ignis, Aether, etc.

Edited by Roxachronc

Which is better +Spd-Def Chalotte!dwyer!kana or +str-def? And also Im still deciding who to pair up Sakura!forrest with(he's going to be an onmyoji since it gives a lot of magic and speed). Im still deciding whether or not Elise!Ophelia or Nyx!Nina should get Foleo. Nina has better mods but Ophelia has a better personal and needs the speed more.

Edited by Faker

Which is better +Spd-Def Chalotte!dwyer!kana or +str-def? And also Im still deciding who to pair up Sakura!foleo with(he's going to be an onmyoji since it gives a lot of magic and speed). Im still deciding whether or not Elise!Ophelia or Nyx!Nina should get Foleo.

Speed may be better, the thing is that your Avatar's boon gives you an extra statue in that stat, so by having an SPD mod all your other units will be having a +1 SPD with capped statues, also that high STR cap is usually overkill IMO, SPD makes more difference in the long run, though it is also dependant in what class your Kanna will be.

Edited by Roxachronc

Lightning/ Snake Spirit are great choices, Snake Spirit effect can be bypassed somewhat with lances, Horse scroll is good for no drawbacks,also Guard Naginata can be used, Selena gives a +5 DEF mod on top of the Guard Naginata's +5, Killer Lance could be used in the turn your MAG is halved.

In regards of skills it is somewhat dependant on how you want to play her, as a Galeforce unit things like Certain Blow, Darting Blow, Extravagance and Replicate are incredible, if you want to play her in a Nohrian trust build you could put her with Asugi, since it gives her SPD which is the stat she most desires, with skills like Dragon Fang, Ignis, Aether, etc.

I'm torn between Nohrian Trust procstacking or Galeforce + Replicate abuse

Selena!Caeldori cannot get Nohrian Trust….. not unless you're buying skills…. then again, I think you mentioned that you are doing that, if I recall correctly.

I am doing that haha!

So either something like Vantage + Nohrian Trust + Hoshidan Unity + Quixotic + Draconic Hex or Aggressor or Lifetaker or Bold Stance with a Pair Up Bot that has Aether + Ignis + Dragon Fang + Lethality + Rend Heaven.

OR something with Galeforce/Replicate and any three utility skills of my choice?

Edited by Lucina's Husband

revised my pairings, because I don't want to miss out on everyone.

[spoiler=pairings]MaMU(+Str/-Def, Samurai)/Flora

Jakob/Selena

Kaze/Azura

Silas/Mozu

Ryoma/Rinkah

Takumi/Oboro

Saizo/Sakura

Kaden/Setsuna

Hinata/Hana

Azama/Kagero

Subaki/Hinoka

Hayato/Orochi

Xander/Charlotte

Leo/Felicia

Benny/Beruka

Keaton/Camilla

Arthur/Effie

Odin/Elise

Laslow/Peri

Niles/Nyx

• 2 months later...

Azura!Kana (+Str,- Def, Cavalier) x Selena!Hisame

Corrin!Shigure (+Str, -Def, Cavalier) x Kagero!Sophie

Sakura!Forrest x Felicia!Ophelia

Hinoka!Siegbert x Setsuna!Mitama

Camilla!Shiro x Nyx!Rhajat

Elise!Kiragi x Rinkah!Midori/Selkie

Charlotte!Dwyer x Hana!Velouria

Effie!Percy x Peri!Soleil

Oboro!Caeldori x Beruka!Ignatius

Mozu!Nina x Orochi!Asugi

OR

Azura!Kana (+Str, -Def, Cavalier) x Selena!Hisame

Corrin!Shigure (+Str, -Def, Cavalier) x Oboro!Sophie

Effie!Percy x Hana!Soleil

​Sakura!Forrest x Elise!Ophelia

Hinoka!Caeldori x Beruka!Ignatius

Mozu!Kiragi x Kagero!Midori/Selkie

Charlotte!Siegbert x Setsuna!Mitama

Camilla!Velouria x Peri!Dwyer

Rinkah!Shiro x Nyx!Rhajat

Felicia!Nina x Orochi!Asugi

Which pairings do you think is better for my Revelation walkthrough and also who should Kiragi get Selkie or Midori. If there is suggestion on how these pairings could be better, then I would appreciate it. Classes and moveset are also welcome as well.

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

I am glad this was introduced. I am having trouble pairing everyone in my Revelations route.

I'd be happy to assist you. What kind of Corrin are you looking to run?

I'll post the pairings I've had for a long time just for show:

+STR -DEF Corrin x Charlotte!Velouria = Kana

Azura x Laslow = Shigure & Soleil

Jakob x Rinkah = Dwyer

Silas x Peri = Sophie

Kaze x Mozu = Midori

Ryoma x Camilla = Shiro

Takumi x Hana = Kiragi

Saizo x Orochi = Asugi

Kaden x Setsuna = Selkie

Hinata x Selena = Hisame

Azama x Effie = Mitama

Subaki x Oboro = Caeldori

Hayato x Nyx = Rhajat

Xander x Hinoka x Siegbert

Leo x Sakura = Forrest

Benny x Beruka = Ignatius

Keaton x Charlotte = Velouria

Arthur x Kagero = Percy

Odin x Felicia = Ophelia (Enchances Ophelia's Critical Hit chanes due to +2 SKL Mod)

Niles x Elise = Nina

That is for +11 STR Kana and some pairings would be flipped around if you wanted to do a MAG one. I'd recommend marrying Nyx!Rhajat if you wanted that. I'll show you what I'd do for MAG Kana:

+MAG -DEF Corrin x Nyx!Rhajat = Kana

Azura x Laslow = Shigure & Soleil

Jakob x Rinkah = Dwyer

Silas x Peri = Sophie

Kaze x Mozu = Midori

Ryoma x Kagero = Shiro

Takumi x Hana = Kiragi

Saizo x Orochi = Asugi

Kaden x Charlotte = Selkie

Hinata x Selena = Hisame

Azama x Setsuna = Mitama

Subaki x Oboro = Caeldori

Hayato x Nyx = Rhajat

Xander x Hinoka x Siegbert

Leo x Sakura = Forrest

Benny x Beruka = Ignatius

Keaton x Camilla = Velouria

Arthur x Effie = Percy

Odin x Felicia = Ophelia (Enchances Ophelia's Critical Hit chanes due to +2 SKL Mod)

Niles x Elise = Nina

I suppose if you wanted to do female Corrin I could compile a list of pairings for that. You'd probably marry Forrest, Shigure, or someone like that.. I'd have to think about that a little more LOL.

@Sil3nt 4ish: I'd go for the 2nd set.

Also, you can change Orochi and Felicia around if you wanted.

Edited by ShadowStar77

Let's see, I went with...

XanderXCharlotte for best Siegbert, canon looking and all, and had Charlotte pass down death blow

RyomaXRinkah for Shiro, which makes for great Shiro - with how hotheaded he can be, I like to think it came from BOTH parents and it was inevitable

TakumiXCamilla, with Takumi passing down Astra from Friendship Seal with Ryoma and Camilla passing down Lifetaker since she won't pass down the Dark Knight class

LeoXSakura with Leo passing down Astra from Friendship Seal with Odin and Sakura passing down Amaterasu since Forrest won't inherit Pegasus knight class and it does some of his healing job for him while he uses that great MAG stat for cutting down enemies

LaslowXAzura for that adorable support chain, plus great strength stat for Soleil and Shigure - Azura Friendship Seal with Sakura to pass down Renewal

NilesXOboro for the sweet support chain and S rank - had Nina Friendship Seal with Caeldori for Pegasus Knight Class

OdinXElise for best Ophelia and good support chain, plus Ophelia's mother's lines don't feel weird coming from Elise. Elise friendship sealed with Sakura to pass down Miracle, since Ophelia's pretty glassy and has good luck anyway

ArthurXKagero - support chain was sweet, and Percy comes out with lots of good classes and strength - also one of the revelation only possible pairings I've seen so far to bring up that it is a Nohrian AND Hoshidan cross cultural marriage?

SilasXHinoka - Sophie looks great with that red hair and I had Hinoka friendship seal with Sakura to pass down Renewal - the S rank support seemed really fitting considering it was revelation

JakobXOrochi - this was more leftovers, but it does boost Dwyer's magic pretty well, he looks good with her hair, AND it is rather funny that while Orochi and Jakob deal with tea, their son ends up with coffee =D

BennyXBeruka - a lot of the times this is a leftover pairing, but honestly their supports are nice, two awkward ducks who don't need to talk too much and Beruka gives Ignatius even better defenses and Wvyern Rider class tree so he can lunge into a mob no problem

KeatonXHana - Hana is a good mom for a lot of kids since she doesn't have negative modifiers and their support chain is fun - I had Hana friendship seal with Effie for Luna to pass down to Velouria

SaizoXMozu because it's one of the cutest support chains he has, and Asugi looks great with dark hair. Mozu passes down her Aptitude skill of course.

AzamaXEffie for being a great support chain for both of them, plus STRONG Mitama as a priestess that just won't go down

HinataXPeri is a sweet support chain that doesn't bring up Peri's love of gutting people and Hinata honestly likes spending time with her - plus Hisame has the weirdest parents ever and is the most sane child

SubakiXSelena for most canon looking Caeldori, and the support chain does have them notice they're on the same page and his proposal to her is really sweet, especially if you've played awakening

KadenXSetsuna for high skill Selkie, plus their support chain makes them a mutually beneficial couple - selkie looks good with setsuna's hair streak too

HayatoXNyx for AMAZING mag Rhajat - although I did find her skill lacking and she missed a fair bit in the beginning without Heartseeker and some tweeked grinding

KazeXFelicia was a leftover pairing, although Midori looks cute with her hair and the supports are nice. I'm honestly a little surprised given both her parents are twins that she doesn't have a sibling

now the real question of who my -HP/+mag avatar with a dark mage talent marries begins...

now the real question of who my -HP/+mag avatar with a dark mage talent marries begins...

Your best MAG wife is Nyx!Rhajat. If you're female, the best husband is Sakura!Forrest. Both Kana and Rhajat should end as Witches. Forrest is best off ending as a Strategist or Dark Falcon. Your Corrin should end as a Nohr Noble, Dark Falcon, or possibly Strategist. I suppose Sorcerer may work if you really wanted to do it.

Edited by ShadowStar77

Hi there

I need some advices about these pairings:

Midori (SetsunaXKaze - I think I'll go for the Miracle Midori any skills that I should pass?)

Shigure (AzuraXTakumi)

Kisaragi (AzuraXTakumi)

Dwyer (FeliciaXJakob)

Shiro (KageroXRyoma)

Selkie (OboroXKaden)

Mitama (RinkahXAzama)

So what's the best skills to pass on them?

Your best MAG wife is Nyx!Rhajat. If you're female, the best husband is Sakura!Forrest. Both Kana and Rhajat should end as Witches. Forrest is best off ending as a Strategist or Dark Falcon. Your Corrin should end as a Nohr Noble, Dark Falcon, or possibly Strategist. I suppose Sorcerer may work if you really wanted to do it.

She's female, and yeah, I figured Forrest would be best. It might not be the ULTIMATE Kana, but could I get away with marrying either Rinkah!Shiro or Laslow!Shigure? Both feel more like husband material to me

She's female, and yeah, I figured Forrest would be best. It might not be the ULTIMATE Kana, but could I get away with marrying either Rinkah!Shiro or Laslow!Shigure? Both feel more like husband material to me

Out of those two, Shigure would be the best choice for you.

Boon- Strength

Bane- Defense

Talent- Cavalier or Spear Fighter (Don't know which as this will hopefully decide Azura's final class)

Corrin x Azura- Kana, Shigure

Jakob x Peri- Dwyer

Kaze x Mozu- Midori

Silas x Forever Alone

Arthur x Kagero- Percy

Odin x Elise- Ophelia

Niles x Felicia- Nina

Benny x Beruka- Ignatius

Laslow x Hana- Soleil

Leo x Sakura- Forrest

Xander x Hinoka- Siegbert

Subaki x Oboro- Caeldori

Saizo x Orochi- Asugi

Kaeton x Camilla- Velouria

Azama x Effie- Mitama

Hayato x Nyx- Rhajat

Hinata x Selena- Hisame

Takumi x Setsuna- Kiragi

Kaden x Charlotte- Selkie

Ryoma x Rinkah- Shiro

Azura!Kana x Peri!Dwyer

Corrin!Shigure x Charlotte!Selkie

Setsuna!Kiragi x Effie!Mitama

Sakura!Forrest x Elise!Ophelia

Kagero!Percy x Hana!Soleil

Hinoka!Siegbert x Mozu!Midori

Camilla!Velouria x Selena!Hisame

​What do you guys think of my pairings? Are these good enough for my Lunatic Revelation walkthrough or do you have better suggestion in place; I'm open to possible suggestion to my team. Also I need help in deciding the classes and A+ Support for these characters especially the children. In order to marry Azura, a first gen woman and my waifu (even though she's...), I need to sacrifice somebody and what better person would it be than my loyal knight in shiny armor and my childhood friend, Silas, who I like to always pair with my Female Avatar. But since she is basically non existent, Silas goes without his waifu.

​I might do the same to Azura if I do a Female walkthrough.

Edited by Dovahkiin

Keep in mind that some Revelation ships aren't really worth it or just bad. Laslow and Hana, while decent, dont compare to other pairings like Laslow/Camilla or such. Still better than Orochi/Laslow tho

Keep in mind that some Revelation ships aren't really worth it or just bad. Laslow and Hana, while decent, dont compare to other pairings like Laslow/Camilla or such. Still better than Orochi/Laslow tho

???

Hana!Soleil is one of the best Soleil you can get. Its very similar to Azura!Soleil (which nets Laslow Pegasus Knight) and she makes a very good Master Ninja. She doesn't work exceedingly well in the semi-bulky Hero due to her frailness with those moms. Camilla is one of the best STR moms in the game and should pretty much always go to Velouria to make a bulky and strong Wolfssengner. That is, unless you are going for a Berserker Kana in which I would recommend Charlotte!Velouria. (I don't mean to be rude in any way :P)

So for Soileil: Azura > Hana (close second; works great with Takumi) > Camilla / Charlotte (due to them being used elsewhere. > other STR moms > MAG moms

Pairings

These look good for the most part. I sorta disagree with Setsuna!Kiragi but there really isn't a better option for Takumi if you're dead-set on marrying Azura. Ryoma x Rinkah is more for the parent's benefit and I wouldn't expect a spectacular Shiro (there isn't really another option for him, aside from Oboro due to Rinkah!Caeldori being an outstanding tank beside Beruka!Ignatius. As for your Corrin, I'd recommend Spear Master. I support Azura remaining a Dancer due to her utility but the choice is yours. I'll get to A+ shenanigans later if you still need help. Hope I was able to assist a little! :D

What do you guys think of my pairings? Are these good enough for my Lunatic Revelation walkthrough or do you have better suggestion in place; I'm open to possible suggestion to my team. Also I need help in deciding the classes and A+ Support for these characters especially the children. In order to marry Azura, a first gen woman and my waifu (even though she's...), I need to sacrifice somebody and what better person would it be than my loyal knight in shiny armor and my childhood friend, Silas, who I like to always pair with my Female Avatar. But since she is basically non existent, Silas goes without his waifu.

​I might do the same to Azura if I do a Female walkthrough.

These are some good pairings you got here. Few of them are similar to mine but I like the choices you made here; hell I might even follow you in these pairings hahahaha. Anyways, for your talent if you pick Spear Fighter then Azura will be in her Dancer class as it is actually her best class after all or if you pick Cavalier you can do what I did and change her into a Paladin you can act as a Passive Vanguard who lower enemy attack with Inspiration and Voice of Peace/Foreign Princess, heal others with the combination with her personal skill and Sun God and attack enemy with Luna at her disposal. But as @Shadowstar77 said, the choice is yours. For A+ Support, I don't I'm good enough to give advice to help you, sorry.

Note: If you choose Cavalier, be aware that Dwyer won't make use of it in the Partner Seal as I think he alreay have access to it. If you want him to end in a different class then you have to choose Spear Fighter...but then again skill buying in MyCastle make it easy to access skill that your units won't normally have in a walkthrough.

Edited by Sil3nt 4sh

What wrong with Setsuna!Kiragi; I mean he get the awesome Ninja class line which will hook him up with Replicate and Letailty, two skills he can abuse in his Sniper class along with decent mods.

If that pairing is not good enough, I could do something like;

Takumi x Hana

Laslow x Peri

Jakob x Setsuna

And for @Sil3nt 4sh

Thanks for the advice; I included Cavalier at first becuase to boost up Azura's bad HP and Defense skills quicklu than using the Great Lord DLC but that Vanguard Paladin soon pretty rad but at the same time Azura is my only Singer so... Why can't nintendo make a 8 movement Singer/Dancer that make this decision a lot easier but then again that be a little OP in term of gameplay I guess or why her son couldn't inherit the Singer class as well; I mean he inherit her singing talent so he could at least get a Singer class to go with it.

Edited by Dovahkiin

What wrong with Setsuna!Kiragi; I mean he get the awesome Ninja class line which will hook him up with Replicate and Letailty, two skills he can abuse in his Sniper class along with decent mods.

If that pairing is not good enough, I could do something like;

Takumi x Hana

Laslow x Peri

Jakob x Setsuna

And for @Sil3nt 4sh

Thanks for the advice; I included Cavalier at first becuase to boost up Azura's bad HP and Defense skills quicklu than using the Great Lord DLC but that Vanguard Paladin soon pretty rad but at the same time Azura is my only Singer so... Why can't nintendo make a 8 movement Singer/Dancer that make this decision a lot easier but then again that be a little OP in term of gameplay I guess or why her son couldn't inherit the Singer class as well; I mean he inherit her singing talent so he could at least get a Singer class to go with it.

Setsuna!Kiragi is the best for your situation. He should be fine just watch out for his STR Growth. Peri!Sophie is also really good if you change your mind on what child to not get.

Alright, after a lot of thinking (meaning that wasted a whole day on these pairing) I decided to change a few things on them. I don't know if it was a good decision or not but...I can't control my urges. Still deciding on the talent though I currently leaning toward the Lancer class due to passing down the Lance faire or Breaking Sky to Shigure but then again I could buy it off another Shigure.

Azura!Kana x Kagero!Kiragi

Kana- Nohr Noble, Paladin (Cavalier), Spear Master (Lancer)

Kiragi- Sniper/Ballistician

Corrin!Shigure x Charlotte!Selkie

Shigure- Falcon Knight/Hoshido Noble

Selkie- Berserker/Nine Tails

Peri!Dwyer x Hana!Soleil

Dwyer- Paladin

Soleil- Swordmaster/Master Ninja

Sakura!Forrest x Elise/Felicia!Ophelia

Forrest- Dark Falcon/Strategist

Ophelia- Witch

Effie!Percy x Setsuna!Mitama

Percy- Wyvern Lord/Berserker

Mitama- Sniper/Priestess/Wyvern Lord

Caeldori- General/Spear Master

Ignatius- General

Hinoka!Siegbert x Mozu!Midori

Siegbert- Basara (A+ Shiro)

Midori- Basara (A+ Selkie)

Camilla!Velouria x Selena!Hisame

Velouria- Wolfssenger/Berserker

Hisame- Swordmaster/Hero

Shiro- Spear Master/Basara

Rhajat- Witch

Felicia/Elise!Nina x Orochi!Asugi

Nina- Adventurer

Asugi- Dark Falcon/Master Ninja

These are the pairings that I come out with during my day of thinking. I was able to come up with some good final class that I think would be appropriate but whether they work well together in battle is another story. That and the fact that I'm stumped when it come to the A+ Support for each unit.

Firstly, do you think that this set is more effective than my other previous set or the other way around. And if so, can you help me with the A+ Support as that is my road block and general moveset in mind or class combination. I accept any suggestion.

I was thinking of bringing Sophie back into my pairing and abandon Mitama or even Nina instead. Should I do this? Does anyone of the children particularly need Monk or Outlaw class line that so it doesn't required Skill buying from My Castle. I could do a;

Felicia!Mitama x Orochi!Asugi

Effie!Percy x Setsuna!Sophie

or

Effie!Percy x Setsuna!Sophie

Edited by Dovahkiin