Katie's FE8 Creature Campaign Reverse Recruitment (Version 4.0 now out))

Katie

Hey, I just downloaded the 3.2 version but I find generic weapons have lost some informations. I used feb repaired every weapon that have this issue. 

I also feel like the growth rate and base stats of early joined people are kinda too strong, I am probably wrong because I just played 4 chapters and decided to fix some problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did a major update, mostly changing the starting stats of most units, changing some inventories a bit, editing all changed items and weapons back to their normal fe8 stats, etc. Also removed the ability to wield swords from Tethys, as there's honestly no need to have her fighting anyway when she can be giving your good combat units a second turn instead. In addition, any units that swap with Myrrh or a dancer (i.e. Artur in both versions, Gerik in Eirika version, and Kyle in Ephraim version) are now promoted level one instead of unpromoted level one so they're more useable out of the gate. Also changed a few classes to match my current preferences (for example Amelia is now a cav instead of a knight in Eirika patch).

For consideration: potential nerfing to Neimi, Franz, and Chapter 17 Eirika boss fight? I found in my playtesting that their high avoid combined with being on thrones made them incredibly hard to hit. I still managed to beat them by using Rapier Marisa, but even her hit rates, while above 50, weren't super reliable. Considering maybe nerfing their luck down to 0 so that they're easier to hit without being nerfed too hard?

On 6/27/2019 at 6:27 PM, kingk1993 said:

uhm, how the hell do i install this?

use a ups patcher such as NUPS, it's pretty intuitive, you just select apply patch, pick your fe8 rom and the patch to apply, and then have it patch it onto the rom

Edited by Katie

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/20/2016 at 10:22 PM, Katie said:

[...] Myrrh once again recruits Ephraim(I'll have to figure out how to properly edit the coordinates of reinforcements in FE8 before I can move his position) [...]

I took a look in FEBuilderGBA, I think you might just be inverting the strating coordiante and the end coordinate of "reinforcement Ephairm".

His current coordinates in Ch13 are:

X: 8 Y:8

X: 2 Y: 13

which means he moves from the middle of the map to the bottom left corner. You just need to swap them, like this:

X: 2 Y: 13

X: 8 Y: 8

Another way to say it, the coordinates line that matters the most is the last one in the list.
I'd say you could put Ephraim & the 2 wyvern that spawn with him closer t othe side of the mountain, that way Ephraim is free to move to the plain. The coordinate would be :

Top most Wyvern 
X: 0, Y: 13
X: 4, Y: 11

Ephraim
X: 2, Y: 13
X:5 , Y 12

Bottom most Wyvern
X: 2 , Y: 15
X: 4 , Y: 13

Alternatively, if you like the idea of Myrrh recruiting Ephraim, you could put something unexpected to show she is needed in tie chapter, like an enemy that start in this bottom-left corner that drops a monster weeapon (either a custom dragon stone with lower power or lower stats boost, or a normal monster weapon that is a bit better than the Fiery Fang she start with)This could even be an enemy Manakete with the Myrrh Sprite & an AI restrited so it doesn't move (just don't spam it at the exact same location as Ephraim)