What do you think the ages of the characters are?

gnubz

You're right there - I've only played the English version.

Also, I contradicted my earlier comments - where I said there was probably a decent age gap between Leo and Elise, anyway. So I do think Elise is young given story/timeline reasons - Sakura, though, could definitely be at least 16.

I definitely think Sakura is older than Elise, but I have a hard time thinking she's 16 when, again, looking at the height, her supports, her talking to Elise in the Halloween DLC where she considers it adult to be up when it's dark outside etc. Oh well, it's not like I have the answers.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely think Sakura is older than Elise, but I have a hard time thinking she's 16 when, again, looking at the height, her supports, her talking to Elise in the Halloween DLC where she considers it adult to be up when it's dark outside etc. Oh well, it's not like I have the answers.

Well, except we know that Sakura is no more than 5 years younger than Corrin (and probably more like 3-4), based on the timeline facts given in supports. Assuming Corrin is around the age of 19 (which seems to be the consensus here), Sakura is at minimum 14, and more likely to be 15-16.

Well, except we know that Sakura is no more than 5 years younger than Corrin (and probably more like 3-4), based on the timeline facts given in supports. Assuming Corrin is around the age of 19 (which seems to be the consensus here), Sakura is at minimum 14, and more likely to be 15-16.

Since I'm such a rebel, I don't believe the consensus. I think Corrin is younger, even with the male version's beefcake build.

Really, I'd have liked to see Leo and Takumi be older brothers, not younger. It'd have made more sense for several reasons. If we weren't explicitly told they were younger, I'd have definitely assumed them to be older than Corrin.

Ryouma - 26

Marxander - 25

Camilla - 23-4

Hinoka - 19-20

Corrin - 18 (female build 2 makes it hard to pin an age overall)

Azura - 18

Leon - 17

Takumi - 16

Sakura - 14

Elise - 13

Tbh they probably made each set of siblings have the same age as eachother due to this game reaching so hard to make them foils to eachother.

Half a century is old to me. Hell, my 21 is old to me. LOL.

I felt this way at 21. Suddenly I was passing 30 and these days I frequently forget I'm actually as old as I am.

What really made me feel younger, strangely, was parenthood... there's nothing like having kids to make you realise you haven't the slightest clue what you're doing, and where the hell is your confidence? There's no group of people as anxiety-riddled and self-doubting as the parenting groups I'm a member of. I actually did feign an illness to get out of a social engagement the other month, so if Takumi isn't believable as an 18 year old, I'm in trouble, haha.

Just pitching in my opinion on some things. Even if localization says that Elise is "technically an adult", FE doesn't take place in the modern times, obviously, so it's wholly possible that "technically an adult" in Nohr is not the same age as "technically an adult" in the real world. Not to mention that different parts of the world have different ages of consent and whatnot, so it's not like we can universally consider 18 as some magical age of adulthood anyway.

I imagine both Leon and Takumi as 18 (17 at the youngest), since they're younger than Kamui, and I think Kamui may well be 19 (18 at the lowest). That said, immaturity isn't always an indicator of age. I'm sure there are people on SF who are much older than Takumi and yet are just as mature (or even more immature) than he is.

Sakura's comment about Elise being "adult enough to be out in the dark" could just be cultural differences between Hoshido and Nohr. I mean, Hoshido sounds like it has a relatively normal day-night cycle? Maybe? Or it could get more light than dark? So in that case I could see why Sakura's not allowed to be out in the dark of night by herself. But Nohr, well, isn't it like always dark in that country? So, how can Elise not be allowed to go out in the dark by herself if it's always dark? Maybe she should just not be allowed out by herself at all. Either way, Nohr's perpetual darkness thing is impossible in the real world, so I don't want to think about it more than I have to.

I think it said on the wikia (which is admittedly not always accurate) Nohr has sunlight and day but it is usually almost always overcast. It doesn't help that, in game, it is always nighttime or the characters are underground.

Well, Leo clearly states that Elise is an adult, which is kind of a relief, but a bit disturbing as well...

ZTDKM2G.png

So, assuming Elise is 18

Elise and Sakura being 18 in the Japanese version is pretty much like saying Mario is owned by Sony.

Leon says Elise is "childish" or a "brat"... no mention of her being an adult in Japanese.

Edited by shadowofchaos

have we not had this thread 50 million times already?

anyways, I'll repost my guesstimates from the last thread with a few edits:

Xander: 37-40

Ryouma: 32-34
Camilla: 28-30
Hinoka: 22-25

Leon: 18-21
Takumi: 18-21
Elise: 13 (that is the most generous I'm willing to be on that)
Sakura: 15

I cannot imagine Xander or Ryoma being in their twenties, considering their mental fortitude, overall emotional maturity and such. They also seem to be wearing off their physical primes to a point where youngin's like Takumi and Corrin can start catching up to them in strength and fitness.

Camila's age is just my gut, but Hinoka definitely seems like a young adult considering how emotional she can be at times (see: Chapter 4)

Leon and Takumi are definitely young adults to the point where the want to go out and prove to the world that their the new big cheese in town in that makes sense.

Sakura's seems to be at that phase in her teen's where she wants to start proving she's useful but not, for lack of a better word, superior. She's also very close in age to Hana, and 15-16 seems like a perfect age for Hana so Sakura being that age makes a lot of sense.

Finally, if it weren't for the fact that you can fuck her in the ass I would be more than willing to peg Elise as an 8 year old, judging from her overall mannerisms.

(tbh most of this is just my gut with some bullshit tacked on lol)

Really, I'd have liked to see Leo and Takumi be older brothers, not younger. It'd have made more sense for several reasons. If we weren't explicitly told they were younger, I'd have definitely assumed them to be older than Corrin.

I think that has something to do with the both of them being more accomplished then Corrin is. Especially Leo.

Leo is already leading troops, making plans, doing missions for Garon and bailing out his siblings. He's all around more capable then Corrin at the start of their adventure.

Takumi isn't so obviously a prodigy as Leo but while Corrin is shipped off with Sakura he's leading the battle with ryoma and in their supports its big brother Corrin seeking the approval and wanting to be trained by little brother Takumi.

Just pitching in my opinion on some things. Even if localization says that Elise is "technically an adult", FE doesn't take place in the modern times, obviously, so it's wholly possible that "technically an adult" in Nohr is not the same age as "technically an adult" in the real world. Not to mention that different parts of the world have different ages of consent and whatnot, so it's not like we can universally consider 18 as some magical age of adulthood anyway.

Its possible that you're considered an adult at a different age in a medieval setting such as Fire emblem but the ''Technically an adult'' line was likely just added to make Elise a less awkward candidate for Avatar marriage. If you interpretate it as that then its more likely that they really do mean 18 when they say ''technically an adult''

They might've just as well said "Elise, when do you intend to behave like the 1X-year-old girl/woman that you are?"

Elise I imagine to be 19. Specifically because that was the age of this young lady here:

lina-riviera_4666.jpg

Come on, they are like the same character. I know she was made older in English, but really. I can see Elise being 19 with that attitude.

From the top -

13: Both Kanas, Midori, Percy
14: Elise, Kiragi, Hayato
15: Sakura, Forrest, Mozu
16: Beruka, Dwyer, Sophie, Selkie, Hisame, Mitama, Caeldori, Siegbert, Velouria, Ophelia, Soleil, Lilith
17: Leo, Hana, Shiro, Asugi, Rhajat, Ignatius, Shigure, Nina
18: Takumi, Oboro, Felicia and Flora, Keaton, Kaden, Rinkah, Hinata, Layla
19: Silas, Effie, Laslow, Selena, Odin, Hinoka, Azura, Corrin, Peri,
20: Niles, Charlotte, Jakob, Subaki, Izana, Anna
22: Camilla, Azama, Setsuna, Scarlet,
24: Orochi, Kagero, Xander, Ryoma, Kaze and Saizo,
28: Arthur
32: Benny
35: Iago
37: Mikoto
40s: Hans, Nyx, Shura, Arete
50s: Reina, Yukimura, Garon, Kilma
60s: Gunter, Fuga

Elise I imagine to be 19. Specifically because that was the age of this young lady here:

lina-riviera_4666.jpg

Come on, they are like the same character. I know she was made older in English, but really. I can see Elise being 19 with that attitude.

Are we talking about localized, or Japanese?

Because there is absolutely no way in hell she's 19.

Because they absolutely changed a few lines to avoid the "lolicon" connotation, despite the fact that being able to marry them is already bad enough with the little sister fetish factor.

Hmm...

[spoiler="Long]

• Corrin: 16~24
  • Azura: 16~24
  • Sakura: 16
  • Elise: 15
  • Takumi: 19 feels about right for some reason
  • Leo: 19
  • Hinoka: 21
  • Camilla: 26 or so; a little younger than Xander
  • Ryoma: 26 or so
  • Xander: 26 or so
  • Gunter: 50s~60s
  • Felicia: 19~23
  • Jakob: 21~27
  • Kaze: 20~25
  • Silas: 18~22
  • Shura: 40s~50s
  • Izana: 27, just about
  • Mozu: 15
  • Rinkah: 20~24
  • Hana: 16~22
  • Subaki: 16~22
  • Saizo: 22~27
  • Orochi: 20~25
  • Azama: 20~25
  • Setsuna: 16~20
  • Hayato: 14~18
  • Oboro: 18~22
  • Hinata: 18~22
  • Kagero: 20~25
  • Reina: late 30s~early 50s
  • Kaden: He's a Kitsune so who knows? I'm sure the game gives you a ballpark somewhere.
  • Scarlet: 21~25
  • Yukimura: 40s~50s
  • Arthur: 20~28
  • Effie: 18~26
  • Odin (Owain): 19~24
  • Niles: 22~28
  • Nyx: Around 100 chronologically, 10~14 physiologically
  • Selena (Severa): 19~24
  • Beruka: 18~22
  • Laslow (Inigo): 19~24
  • Peri: 16~21
  • Benny: 19~25
  • Charlotte: 19~25 (I'd imagine she might actually be the older out of her and Benny)
  • Keaton: Again, I can't really judge from appearance since he's a nonhuman. Probably older than he looks, though.
  • Flora: 19~23
  • Fuga: mid-40s~early-60s
  • Anna: 20~25
  • Kana: 10~14
  • Shigure: 16~20
  • Dwyer: 16~20
  • Sophie: 16~20
  • Midori: 12~16
  • Shiro: 18~24
  • Kiragi: 13~17
  • Asugi: 16~20
  • Selkie: 16~20
  • Hisame: 16~20
  • Mitama: 15~19
  • Caeldori: 17~21
  • Rhajat: 18~21
  • Siegbert: 15~20
  • Forrest: 15~19
  • Ignatius: 16~20
  • Velouria: 18~22
  • Percy: 14~18
  • Ophelia: 16~20
  • Soleil: 16~20
  • Nina: 16~20
  • Mikoto: Early 40s~early 50s
  • Garon: 50s~70s
  • Daniela: Mid-20s~early 30s
  • Haitaka: Mid-20s~early 30s.
  • Kumagera: 50s
  • Lloyd Not-Reed: Around 30
  • Llewelyn: Around 30
  • Nichol: Mid-20s~mid-40s
  • Candace: Mid-20s
  • Tarba: Late 20s~late 40s
  • Funke: 50s~60s
  • Daichi: 30s~50s (his face paint makes it a bit tough to tell but this is my best estimate)
  • Gazak: Late 20s~late 30s
  • Senno: 20s~early 30s
  • Zhara: Late 40s~early 60s

I realize a some of these sorta contradict stuff that's stated in game but these are my assessments based on character designs.

Edited by Topaz Light

I can't believe Xander or Ryoma is anywhere over 30. Unless Garon and Sumeragi were young as hell having babies because they have to be in their early to late 40's.

It would be funny if it were true, though.

(Unsure if it's something to do with blah blah that one thing that prevents aging but I feel like Garon doesn't seem to have aged much since the kidnapping scene, which is generally indicative of being older. And he feels like he must be older than 40's in any case, unless it's just that ruling-a-kingdom stress)

(Unsure if it's something to do with blah blah that one thing that prevents aging but I feel like Garon doesn't seem to have aged much since the kidnapping scene, which is generally indicative of being older. And he feels like he must be older than 40's in any case, unless it's just that ruling-a-kingdom stress)

I will relent and admit that Garon could be in his mid-late 50's or even early 60's but I am firm in Xander and Ryoma being in their twenties.

Unless they are, like, cradle robbers. LOL.

Edited by SaiSymbolic