Wheel of Time TV series may be a possibility

Rapier

I saw this randomly in a Facebook page then I went to check out other sources to confirm whether it was true or not. Apparently legal issues concerning a Wheel of Time TV show have been solved and there is a possibility for one being made (no greenlit info, but knowing that legal issues won't be a problem gives me some hope, at least).

Of course, I don't know anything about that website's credibility, so take it with a grain of salt. I couldn't find a more trustworthy source.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain! I can't say that I'm a longtime fan of the series, but Wheel of Time is a true epic fantasy with some of fictions most memorable characters.

("It's time to roll the dice" in case you were wondering. Battle cry of the Red Band. And, actually could be used quite well for any FE player.)

Oh nice, I've been meaning to read the series, a tv show may be enough to encourage me to do so!

after i get around to finishing stormlight archives

I'm also relatively new to the series (uh... I think I've started reading it 4 years ago, and I haven't got past the fourth book yet), but I've been looking forward an adaptation ever since I've become a fan and then I can bother people about a Mistborn adaptation until it also becomes reality.

If true, I hope the "soon" party really is "soon".

I've finished the series. I guess that means if I start spouting the traditional one-liners the end of series is famous for, I'll ruin it. Hmm. Wouldn't want that.

@Monde: The sequel for Elantris is coming out in what, three years?

I couldn't get into Elantris as I have with Mistborn, to be honest. Also, I find it more likely to receive a TV series than Elantris, since it is still alive and kicking with the sequels. It'd be hard to do with the stunts that are so common in the series, but who knows if it's possible/worth the investment.

Edited by Rapier

That's ... a while for the next Elantris. Mistborn would be somewhat difficult, as it would be almost entirely greenscreen. And then you have the mental metals, and then you have to explain the whole magic system. Wheel of Time doesn't have a complicated magic system. It's got Aes Sedai who swear not to kill people unless a) it's in self defense, b) the lives of other Aes Sedai are threatened, or c) they're fighting Darkfriends. (There is no Black Ajah. We don't know what you're talking about. Stop spreading lies.) which is kind of pointless, because who else are they going to kill? And they always lie about everything too, which is really impressive considering they swore not to.

I ... may think negatively of Aes Sedai, in case you couldn't tell. Along with everyone else in the book. Seriously, every character that's not an Aes Sedai hates them.

Edited by StWalker