Create a (Personal) Skill!

Xenomata

So we have threads (that haven't been touched in a while) for the best and worst personal skills, and since we have a thread dedicated to creating a class, why not go ahead and make up our own skills? Personal skills to, since the best and worst threads got me thinking.

I'm not going to do anything like scream for creativity (bring back Wrath from Awakening) or game balance (Increase damage by +5 when at weapon advantage), or hell even alter existing skills (Scarlet's personal activating at 50% hp), but I do want to request (for as long as it can stand up) that you don't try to make a CLASS at the same time. There is already a thread for that, as linked to above.

Now, what will you make? What would you replace the Avatar's personal with to make them more like yourself? What personal skill would the unique characters (Kotaro, Garon, Iago, Mikoto, etc.) have in your mind? What about capturable characters (Candace, Tarba, Gazak, etc.)?

Just to start, I'll throw out what I think would be Zola's personal skill.

Illusional: Use as a command to change to another character deployed on the map until the next turn, at which point the illusion will wear off. All weapons, skills, and stats will copy the chosen character.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the personal skill of my head!canon Dragoon MU (it's also on the Create-A-Class thread):

Devil’s Luck – When four enemies are adjacent to unit, grants +30 Hit and +50 Avoid when attacked.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

This one is for myself. The skill of the same name in the "Create a Class" thread in the Musketeer class I made is different.

Fleur-de-lis: When paired up, give the lead unit Health+5 and Def/Res+5.

For Candance:

Ranger: Ignores movement penalties from terrain.

For Funke:

Persuasive: (Skill/2)% chance of gaining Hit/Avoid +30 for that fight when initiating the attack. (Skill/4)% chance of gaining Hit/Avoid+30 for that fight when being attacked.

Edited by Vere

Oh, this sounds fun. I thought I'd make one for Mikoto.

Serenity (or something) - After choosing to Wait, Has a Luck% chance to reduce incoming damage by half.

I also thought...

Serenity (or something) - Upon taking damage, adjacent allies will be healed for half the damage that was inflicted.

Maybe some combination both? I dunno.

I remember saying something like this would be mine, but I'll go ahead and repost it here since it's good enough to be for anyone imo.

Mimicry - When hit by a Rally, echoes the Rally back.

So if she is, say, hit by a Laslow FalcoBot using Rally Skill, she'll act like she used the Rally herself.

I remember saying something like this would be mine, but I'll go ahead and repost it here since it's good enough to be for anyone imo.

Mimicry - When hit by a Rally, echoes the Rally back.

So if she is, say, hit by a Laslow FalcoBot using Rally Skill, she'll act like she used the Rally herself.

Oh I like this one. To follow up on this:

War Cry: While paired up, if this is the lead unit, this unit can use the "rally" command of the supporting unit and double the stat gains and increases the radius by 2 tiles.

Edited by Vere

Well... for my story, I gave the character of Micaiah's daughter an Anti-Sacrifice skill. I'd imagine, in game, that it would take a flat amount of HP (or an amount relative to her own damage) from the enemy and add it to her own.

Considering she's a thief, that might be an interesting concept, both mechanically and plot-wise.

I've made few for other FE as well as VG characters in general

Marth- Calming Spirit- restores 5 HP to adjacent allies each turn

Robin- Expert Tactics- When this unit initiates battle, +5 crit, when enemy intiates battle, -5 crit

Sam Fisher- Vanish- + 30 avoid when in a forest or fort, -30 avoid when on a plain or desert

Roy- Lycian Noble- Lycian allies do +2 damage

Lyn-Sacaen Pride- Avoid +20 when on a plain

Tiki- Divine heritage- Doubles Dragonstone stat buffs and nerfs

Link- Courageous soul- Always double attack when user initiates battle, can't double on enemy phase.

Generic version of mine. The trigger condition might be a bit tough though.

Lightning Assault

If User's Attack Speed is greater than enemy's Attack Speed by 10 Speed or more, all attacks are delivered consecutively.

Eh...

The other ones, eh....

Equilibrium

Halves damage inflicted and taken.

Light of Denial

Avoid +50, Critical + 50%, Damage dealt +10, Damage taken +40

Victory Impulse

Hit + 100, Avoid + 100, Damage +10, Critical +50% when attacking, but when attacked, Damage taken +20

Verity Sphere

Physical Damage taken is doubled, but any magic damage taken is reflected (completely useless in this mostly physical game anyway)

Lightning Vantage

User always strikes first. Damage taken +5

Harmony Sphere

Healing staves have infinite use and infinite range. Healing Potency is tripled, Damage Dealt -100, Damage taken +100

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I always headcanoned three personal skills for my three MUs, given that Corrin is nothing like any of them and while Mysterious Appeal is useful, it's generic as hell.

Last Stand: When HP below 1/2, +15 Hit/Avoid and +2 to damage dealt and -2 to damage received. Effects double when HP below 1/4. I really like glass-cannon builds, do I?

White Knight: +10 crit and +2 to damage dealt and -2 to damage received when fighting an enemy that has previously fought with an ally.

Brute Force: When selected from the menu, sacrifice half of the unit's defence and resistance to add to strength and magic respectively for one turn after combat. Unit also suffers a -20 Hit/Avoid in exchange for +10 crit.

Edited by SageOfAnys

Well great, now I'm thinking of Garon...

The Garon we know and is an enemy: Dark Dragon: At the beginning of this units turn, deals 15% damage to all enemy units wthin 5/8/10 tiles (depending on difficulty)

The real Garon: Kings Heritage: gain +4 damage and -4 damage taken on the same turn any Dragon Veins are used or when standing on one.

I thought of a personal skill for Mikoto.

Motherly Aura (...that was the best I can come up with) : Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 4 extra damage and receive 2 less damage with a Luck chance of recovering 20% of HP at the start of the user’s turn.

I think the skill would look like avatar's personal skill but it would be red and white instead of being gold/yellow.

I'm Fate/Stay Night trash so I had ideas.

Nero - Laus Saint Claudius: Grants a buff (+5 all stats/damage/ or -5 damage taken ect ect) to all allies on the field once per battle.

Mysterious Heroine X - Himitsucalibur: Grants +15 damage against all Saberfaces sword users. And Lords.

I've got a whole bunch of these...

First up, personal skills for Iago, Hans, Zola, Kotaro and Garon, if they were playable...

Staff Expertise: Healing staves/rods heal 150% as much HP as usual. Status staves gain +30 Hit. (Iago. Pretty much a balanced-ish Staff Savant, was the idea here)

Reckless Charge: When this unit initiates combat, gain STR +4, Attack Speed +3 and Crit +20, but also Avoid -30 and DEF/RES are reduced to 25% of their normal amount. (Hans. I think it'd fit him, given how he acts in Chapter 3, and I just like the skill concept in general. The thought process here is that it lets Hans hit very hard, and makes him more likely to double, which gives him more chances to crit, but he's not dodging anything, and anything that survives his attacks will deliver a crushing blow to Hans thanks to his reduced defenses, making Hans very high-risk/high-reward. Not sure it'd work out in his favor (maybe if you gave him a Brave Axe?), but it'd certainly be interesting, or at least I think so)

Illusionist: Use the Illusion command to create a fake Zola on any tile up to 3 spaces away from Zola for 1 turn. This fake Zola has (Zola's MAG/2) HP and cannot attack or counterattack (and is spawned as a greyed-out unit that cannot act or be Sing'd to), but acts like a normal unit otherwise (ie. you cannot end your turn on the tile the fake Zola occupies, and enemies cannot move through the fake Zola unless they have Pass). (Zola, obviously. It'd be interesting to give him a pseudo-Replicate that acts more as a barrier than anything, and I feel it'd be kind of interesting to have an ability that creates expendable shield units... Not entirely sure it fits Zola's character, but ah well)

Exploitation: When in combat against a debuffed unit, gain +4 damage dealt and +15 Hit/Crit. (Kotaro. It seems like it'd work for him, or at least it'd be a nice skill to have. Could maybe use a better name tho)

Conqueror's Aura: Enemies within 2 spaces of this unit receive +3 damage taken. (Garon. Because he's so scary that nearby units take more damage just from being nearby. Gives him utility if you wished to not use someone as overpowered as a playable Garon would be for combat (allowing you to train up other units, maybe?), and makes him a more difficult boss fight since he's dealing even more damage than he normally would unless you're using, like, the Spy's Yumi or something)

Also, here's one for Lilith, who I'm also kind of disappointed never ended up playable (maybe in future DLC? I can dream...):

Faithful Partner: When Paired Up with Corrin, or her A+ or S Support, grants 20% HP recovery and doubled debuff recovery every turn. (I wanted something like the Forceful/Evasive/Devoted Partner skills, but different... so here's a mini-Renewal with a side of debuff-curing. Also, Faithful was the first word I thought of to put before Partner, but I'm sure there are better ones)

And one that'd maybe work better as an enemy-only skill (and one I'd personally stick it on a boss, and occasionally on random enemies), but ah well...

Vigilance: This unit retains the effects of Blow skills at all times. (Blow skills being Death Blow, Darting Blow, Duelist's Blow, Armored Blow, Warding Blow and Savage Blow (so enemies within 2 spaces would lose 20% HP after any combat with this unit, kind of like Grisly Wound)... maybe Fearsome Blow too, but that doesn't matter, I don't think)

And finally, two that probably wouldn't be all that great, but I'm sure there could be uses for them, so here it is anyway:

Destructive: Use the Rally command to deal 20% HP damage to all enemies within 2 spaces.

War Cry: Use the Rally command to deal -15 Avoid and Dodge to all enemies within 2 spaces.

That's all I've got for now.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Stillness: Gives unit FoW. Can't be seen unless you're within 2 spaces of them. (4 if you're a thief, ninja or outlaw. Can be seen during preparation screen.)

Fortify: When used as a command increases Def/Res by 5, gives adjacent allies 3 Def/Res (they must stay adjacent to keep the effect) but decreases users Avoid by 30. Unit cannot move next turn.

Feral Rush: (For Cat Laguz) When attacking can strike consecutively.

Dual Wield: Unit can wield 2 Knives/Hidden Weapons. Weapons have MT halved but unit will attack once for each weapon equipped. (2x normally 4x if they would normally double.)

That's all I got.

Writing a personal story focusing on my Avatar from Awakening. I'd just clarify this would actually be his skill as opposed to one made for pre-existing characters or the Fates Avatar.

Foresight: Double Avo if no Allies within two spaces, Guarantees Dual Strike from Partner if Support Level is A or higher, Doubles the Leader's hit if the partner in a Pair-up. Trigger% = Luck - Magic ÷2.

My vision (no pun intended but gladly accepted) is that it'd trigger like Sol when the battle starts but only if it'd have triggered via the trigger rate. Basically the passive traits would always be active but the Partner Dual Striking is locked to the trigger rate.

Edited by Light Strategist

Deadshot: All bows now have a 2-3 range OR Any bow wielding classes can now use 2-3 range bows (kind of like shadowgift with mages that allow dark magic, but for archers)

CQA (Close combat archer): All bows can now shoot from 1 range

Yes.. I love bows

There was another topic about this a while ago so I'll post a skill from what my Avatar would have.

Animal Ally: At the start of the user's turn, adjacent or paired allies with a Beast, Flying or Dragon sub-type gain 20% HP. If this unit is a mounted class, they will also gain 15% HP.

If Robin had a personal skill, I'd give him

Press the Advantage: If your attack would deal damage equal to 50% or more of the enemy's max HP, +15 Critical Hit

Retaliation: when enemy initiates battle and the unit takes damage, +5 damage when the unit initiates battle with said enemy

Truce: select "Truce" on the menu for a chance to turn an enemy unit into a temporary ally(Ally Phase unit, cannot be used on bosses and shadowy enemies). When the battle is over, the unit will be sent into Prison and they can be recruited.

Concentrate: after choosing to wait, +4 Str and +20 Hit for 1 turn

Focus: after choosing to wait, +4 Mag and +20 Hit for 1 turn

Alertness: after choosing to wait, +20 Avoid and +20 Crit Evade for 1 turn

Scrappy: User is always able to counterattack enemies that are within a 2 tile radius.

It lets Bow users defend themselves against adjacent enemies that attack them. If you have a 1 range weapon and is attacked by a 2 ranged attack, you are able to counterattack. You just can't initiate attacks that are outside of your range.