Create a (Personal) Skill!

Xenomata

I actually remembered a second one from the story:

Haze: Zero movement is required to cross tiles covered in fog-of-war.

It's given to the boss of the chapter. An assassin. (And yes, the map is fog-of-war).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be my personal skill if I were an FE character ahah.

Fanatic: If allied with a unit wielding the same weapon type as the user, crit +10.

I think it's not too strong and not too weak either!!

Edited by ChocolaChao

Staff Expertise: Healing staves/rods heal 150% as much HP as usual. Status staves gain +30 Hit. (Iago. Pretty much a balanced-ish Staff Savant, was the idea here)

You know, this reminds me how silly it seemed that he, as a Sorcerer, could wield Staves.

That said, why not simply:

Staff Expertise: Allows the user to use Staves [in any class/in any Tome-wielding class].

Because he basically has this skill in game already... :P

Some ideas I thought up of for some Spotpass Paralouges (and much like Awakening they are only available near the Final Chapter)

Garon: Revived by a cult on accident, seeks to amend the things he has done, available in Conquest and Revelations

Personal Skill: Nhorian King - User shares their support unit's battle skills, plus gives those skills +10% to skill activation rate.

Mikoto; Revived by *evil* again, but she doesn't truly die this time, available in Birthright and Revelations

Personal Skill: Hoshidan Queen - This unit's Skill activation rate +15%, all other units' Skill activation rate +5%

Morgan: Morgan from the Future Past timeline. Female!Morgan is available only to Female!Corrin, Male!Morgan is available only to Male!Corrin. They also have different starting classes, Male!Morgan starts as a Sorcerer and Female!Morgan starts as a Wyvern Lord. They also inherit Corrin's secondary class.

Personal Skill: Grim Innocence - When this unit is attacked by an enemy that is of the same or higher level, Damage taken -3 and Damage dealt +3 (passive effect: all of their attacks have a dark attribute, like Felica and Rinkah do with their attacks)

Kellam: Kellam from the Awakening timeline who comes to this place from his journey mentioned in his epilouge. Like in Awakening he needs to be talked to by Corrin in order to recruit him, and like Awakening, he has access to the Priest and Ninja class sets, as well as the Awakening General's Body Slam animation. (in Revelations he is mistaken for a Vallite, given his character trait...)

Personal Skill: Invisible Guardian - This unit has a 50% chance to Dual Guard, regardless of stance (essentially Bold Stance, except there is a chance to Dual Guard rather than doing a Dual Attack)

Edited by Rygalla

I think personal skills should be tied to the MU's secondary class. I.e. someone with the Mage talent would have a different personal skill than one with the Cavalier talent.

Cavalier- Tame: Gains MOV+1 when items such as Vulnerary are in inventory.

Knight- Defense: Weapon triangle disadvantages are negated against this unit.

Fighter- Cocky: Str, Skill +2 when unit initiates battle, but Str, Skill -2 when enemy initiates battle.

Mercenary- Payday: gains gold relative to level when chapter ends (50 per level).

Outlaw- Cutpurse: use command "Steal" when next to enemy to gain gold relative to enemy level (25 per, not usable on bosses).

Samurai- Honor: use command "Spare" to attack an enemy unit and leave them with at least 1 HP (no EXP gained from use of command).

Oni Savage- Raging Spirit: After unit initiates combat, allies within two spaces gain Str, Spd +1 for one turn.

Lancer- Pierce: C class or lower spears and naginata ignore enemy's defense.

Diviner- Divine Intervention: when paired up as the supporting unit, the lead unit heals 20% HP after enemy initiates battle.

Monk/Priestess- Holy Spirit: Staves and healing items are 1.5x effective.

Sky Knight- Tailwind: Spd +2 when on a space with a Movement cost of 2 or more.

Archer- Sure Shot: Accuracy is increased or decreased relative to remaining HP.

Dragon- Dragon Talon: enables weapons to always attack twice, but reduces weapons' effective Might by half.

Ninja- Plain Sight: Ddg +10% when within enemy's range of attack (staves have no effect on this ability).

Mage- Grimoire: Dark tomes such as Nosferatu heal the user half of reduced HP alongside the tome's effects (kinda like how Arena heals).

Troubadour- Guiding Hand: use command "Guide" to increase the Mov stat of all allies within 2 turns by 1 for the next turn.

Apothecary- Salve Salvage: Healing items such as Vulnerary have twice the amount of uses when held by the user (transferring items to another person rounds the uses down to the nearest whole number, i.e. unit holds a Vulnerary and it has 6 uses, they use it once, then trade it to another, and the item reverts to 2 uses). Tied with Quick Salve and Live to Serve, you could heal up to full HP in one turn, depending on your HP stat.

Edited by Based Goomy

Here we go with skills that are probably overpowered, even though some a deliberately meant to be so. Also, if Bond Units can get "class skills" as personals, why not take that a bit further?

Personal Avatar - Mastery: Can proc multiple skills at once. (Combined Astra, Luna, Sol, anyone?)

Personal Avatar - Forsaken Vow: During battles, damage +5, damage received +5 (A weaker Life or Death)

Personal Avatar - Restored Vow: When paired with a "S" Rank partner, lead unit deals +5 damage and takes -5 damage. (A stronger "Supportive" skill, replaces Forsaken Vow upon reaching "S" Rank with one particular character.)

F!Dark Flier - Canto: User can use their leftover movement after attacking or performing other actions.

F!Spear Master - Impale: SKL% chance for an instant critical attack. (Based off of an OC.)

F!Bow Knight - Disable: Command. Allows a free action that debuffs an opponent by 1 in all stats. Stacks with Seal skills. (OC, gives Seal skills some more use.)

F!Berserker - Relentless: Allows the user to attack twice in a single turn. (A variant on Galeforce, she cannot move but can attack the same target again if she so desires.)

M!Berserker - Frozen Blood: When user’s HP is not full, damage taken -4 (A member of the Ice Tribe and a reversal of Rinkah's personal.)

Boss / Bonus Character Skills

True!Garon - Rightful King: Adds 20% to skill activation rates

True!Garon - Conquest: Negates enemy weapon advantages (Includes Weapon Triangle, "Slayer" weapons, "Reverse" weapons, etc.)

Mikoto - Infusion: All attacks are inherently magical and scale off of MAG. "Magic" weapons change the user's damage type to Physical and use STR instead.

Mikoto - Devotion: Healing from staves affect units adjacent to the target for half effectiveness.

Sumeragi - Adept: SPD% chance for another attack in combat. Cannot stack with itself.

Dragon!Lilith - Astral Savior: If an attack would deal lethal damage to Corrin, the user warps in and takes the attack instead. || This skill can kill Lilith. Incoming damage is calculated for Corrin, no separate calculation is made for Lilith stepping in. Originally from the "Create a Class" topic.

Amiibo Character Skills

Robin - Tactician: Passively gives off the benefits of his rally skills to all allies at half effectiveness.

Lucina - Fate and Destiny: LCK% chance to reset and recalculate a battle that would have resulted in Lucina's death. This can proc multiple times during the same battle.

Ike - Challenge: Command. Fight opponent to the bitter end without skills from both sides. (Similar to Arena Battles)

Marth - Persuade: Command. 0.5LCK% chance to persuade an enemy unit to join your team (joins immediately and will be registered to the "Prisoner" Log). Follows the same restrictions as Kidnap and Capture.

Edited by Sire

You know, this reminds me how silly it seemed that he, as a Sorcerer, could wield Staves.

That said, why not simply:

Staff Expertise: Allows the user to use Staves [in any class/in any Tome-wielding class].

Because he basically has this skill in game already... :P

That would work too, actually. I'd prefer it to be staff use in any class, though if it had to be limited, then limiting it to Tome-wielding classes would make sense.

Though now I'm picturing a Berserker Iago healing people, hahahahaha. Or General Iago, haha.

That'd actually be a pretty neat skill to slap on some enemies.

And, I didn't realize that we could do non-Personal Skills yesterday, so here are a few of those:

Land Mastery: Terrain effects are doubled when applied to this unit. Fox Amiibo personal skill

Fair Fighter: Use the Fair Fight command to initiate combat without terrain bonuses, support bonuses, Attack Stance or Guard Stance. (Essentially, lets you initiate a 1v1 combat while ignoring terrain (like, say, thrones) and support bonuses, at the cost of not benefiting from any of those things yourself).

Brave Fighter: This unit and enemies in combat with this unit will always perform all possible follow-up attacks. (The inverse of Wary Fighter. I'd probably stick it on enemies with Brave Weapons, so they could always perform 4 attacks regardless of Speed, even on Player Phase. Maybe a Brave Axe General? Also, not sure how this would work with Wary Fighter...).

Staffbreaker: Avoid +50 when targeted by a staff. (Meant primarily to help units likely to be targeted by stuff like Enfeeble and Hexing Rods)

Stafffaire: Healing staves/rods heal 50% more HP. Hit +30 when using a staff. (Seems like it could be useful, though I'm not sure how much. Iago'd join with this, for sure.)

Desperation: When debuffed, this unit gains Hit/Avoid +10, damage dealt +2 and damage taken -2.

Copycat: This unit can use the enemy's skills. (Allows the use of skills like Astra, Luna, Miracle, Pavise, etc. if the enemy has them. Kind of like Nohrian Trust, but with enemy skills rather than ally skills).

Mimicked Blow: This unit gains the effects of enemy Blow skills. (Gives this unit the effects of Armored/Certain/Darting/Death/Duelist's/Warding Blow, if the enemy has them. Not sure if they'd stack with the unit's own Blow skills or not. Also not sure if the Blow skills would only activate when the unit with Mimicked Blow attacks, or even when they are attacked; I'd lean toward always-in-effect, but I'd also make it an enemy-only skill so...).

Crippling Strike: Debuffs inflicted by this unit are 150% effective. (To make enemy debuffers really annoying. Not that they need help with that, but still)

Also, personal skill for Kilma/Clear/Ice-tribe-chief-man:

Frozen Blood: When at less than full HP, this unit takes -4 damage. (Would probably be a little bit annoying to deal with, especially if he used Nosferatu when you fought him. Which he would, if I were designing him)

And one for a hypothetical Flame-tribe-chief-man:

Explosive Blood: When this unit takes damage in combat and ends combat with less than full HP, adjacent enemies take up to 20% HP damage. (Sort of like a Grisly Wound for everyone nearby. Not sure if it'd be useless, or too good, or neither...)

Also, since this post is long enough as it is, I won't quote your post, but I like what you've got there, Sire. Especially Robin's, that sounds quite useful.

And True!Garon's, those would end up quite annoying to deal with if he was given the right stuff (in this case, Dragon Fang).

Mikoto's as well, since I'd bet on her having a really high Magic stat to work with, that'd probably end up quite useful for her.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Here are two that I think would be cool, one is more for aesthetics and the other is more practical.

Spectre - Grants Avoid +15, and makes the user semi-visible(makes the user have the transparency and red flames of an invader from chp 5)

Dragon Lord - When user attacks with a Dragonstone, they can attack at 2 range, but attack power is halved.

Survival Instinct - Avoid +20, Crit Evade +10 and Effective Speed +3 during the Enemy phase. (Luck/10 + Skill/10)% chance of halving the damage done to the user in the Player phase.

Rightful God - Skill activation rate +30%. Personal skill for Anankos.

Veteran - Doubles experience gained when paired up. Personal Skill for Amiibo!Robin.

Rightful Queen - Skill activation rate +10%. Personal Skill for Mikoto.

Future's Hope/Everlasting Hope (haven't decided on a name yet) - When HP is lower than 50%, Damage Taken +10 and Damage Reveived -5. Personal Skill for Lucina (Both Amiibo and Cipher variants)

Draconic Rage - When adjacent to or paired up with an Allied Unit who has less than 35% HP, can attack at Range 1-2 and follow up attack with a Dragonstone or Dragonstone+. (I thought up this one for a Twins!Kana AU. The Kana who gets this is the one with the same gender as your avatar.)

Death Refusal - For every 20% missing health, gain 1 Def and 1 Res, but for every 40% missing health, lose 1 Str and 1 Mag. Round down. Lose stat changes in the same manner when regaining health.

Basically, I'd have this skill if I were a character.

Created a personal skill for my Corrin since the one they have by default doesn't feel like it fits her.

Living Relic: As the only survivor of Arete's bloodline, she keeps Azura's necklace with her. Eliminates debuffs after one turn and heals 15% HP each turn.

I like making things up on the spot without using any mental filters at all. Let's see what my brain does!

Adrenaline Rush: If an enemy unit of a higher level was defeated, next hit is a guaranteed critical hit. (Normal hit chance)

Battle Purist: When attacking a hybrid (Magic and Strength based) unit, gain Hit +30, Avoid +15

Sympathy Pain: When paired (Guard and Attack stance), lead unit's Luck% chance of splitting the damage between the units

​Overcautious: When fighting a higher level unit, Avoid +20, but Hit -10

Waste Not: Luck% chance of not using up a use of a healing/status buff item.

Compensation: If an enemy unit can double this unit, critical chance +20%

Paranoia: When this unit is attacked with >50% health, Avoid +20, Hit +15

I'd have the last one if I was a unit. That or the very first one.

Wow, that's... actually very fun. I wonder what I'd come up with if I thought over them instead of putting things down the second I think of them.

I like making things up on the spot without using any mental filters at all. Let's see what my brain does!

Adrenaline Rush: If an enemy unit of a higher level was defeated, next hit is a guaranteed critical hit. (Normal hit chance)

Battle Purist: When attacking a hybrid (Magic and Strength based) unit, gain Hit +30, Avoid +15

Sympathy Pain: When paired (Guard and Attack stance), lead unit's Luck% chance of splitting the damage between the units

Wow, that's... actually very fun. I wonder what I'd come up with if I thought over them instead of putting things down the second I think of them.

You'd probably have quite a few more skills, of... variable quality.

I speak from experience, on the amount and on the quality.

...I like what you've got there. Although, on Paranoia, was that supposed to be greater-than-half-HP or less-than-half-HP?

And since I'm here, here are a few skills:

Strikeback: When the enemy initiates combat, this unit performs an additional attack. (So, if a unit with this can't double, they would perform two consecutive counterattacks; if they can double, they would perform 3 attacks: if the attacking unit can also double, the attacks would be performed as the initial attack, two consecutive counterattacks, then the attacker's second attack, then the next counterattack (not sure how this could happen, but just for the eventuality I'm adding this on anyway)).

Careful Stance: When this unit is in Attack Stance, they gain Dual Guard points like they are in Guard Stance, but enemy Dual Strikes are not passively negated. (Essentially, the rough inverse of Bold Stance. Would allow a unit to benefit from Attack Stance while still being able to get Dual Guards. Probably not that useful, honestly. Would be enemy-only.)

Vital Seal: After combat with this unit, the enemy cannot be healed or recover from debuffs/statuses (like Silence, or Freeze) for one turn. (Enemy-only. Probably not that great either, but could maybe be annoyingish?)

Transfer Strike: After any combat with this unit, this unit's debuffs are transferred to the enemy. (Enemy-only (I like designing annoying enemy-only skills). Could be an annoyance, especially on durable units who you might want to soften up with debuffs, but probably not too terrible).

Yeah, this is quite fun, hahaha.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Can't say I didn't put some thought into this so... Let's try it.

Defeatist - *Bonus* if fighting at advantage, *Negative* if fighting at disadvantage.
Able Archer - Unit only suffers de-buffs at 1/2 effect
Broken Arrow - Unit detonates an explosive dealing heavy damage to it and all nearby units.
Interceptor - *Movement bonus* if going in a straight line.
Determinator - The lower the unit's HP the higher stat buffs they get
Final Stand - If unit would take lethal damage, attack enemy with 1/4 of all stats, if attack kills enemy the unit survives at 1 HP. Can not activate at 1 HP
Evacuate - Luck % chance of saving adjacent unit should they take lethal damage. Removes both units from current battle.
Alpha Strike - Unit attacks at double Might but loses all defense. Unit loses next turn while keeping the de-buff. Recovers turn after.
I usually don't do this kind of stuff anymore so I'm wondering how I did.
Edited by cryogeist

Here's a few ideas playing around with Debuffs might need balance tweaks

Serenity-User and units within 2 spaces recover from debuffs twice as fast

Sacrifice-The user on command can cure an adjacent ally of all debuffs at the cost of transferring that debuff to themselves. debuff source is ignored for this effect

Bloody Fervor-Kills by this unit reduce debuff stacks by one turn

Till the end- when HP is very low (less than 1/4) ignores debuffs boost the users stats by the amount their stats would normally drop. Once the users HP recovers above 1/4 restore debuffs.

Irrational-Stat gains and losses are reversed(Includes healing/damage via items/staves and other out of battle effects)

Boon-cures adjacent allies of stat changes if the user had used wait on the previous turn(Dragons only so goes to no one, As no non MU/offspring dragons...)

These skills would be fitting if the other Awakening children characters returned to Fates. Also I put their affiliation in parentheses.

Paranoia- Yarne (Nohr)

Compensation- Cynthia (Hoshido)

Waste Not- Nah (Hoshido)

Overcautious- Noire (Hoshido)

Sympathy Pain- Brady (Hoshido)

Battle Purist- Laurent (Nohr)

Adrenaline Rush- Gerome (Nohr)

As for Kjelle's (Nohr) personal skill, her skill would be called Alpha Female. This skill allows her to do +5 damage on Male enemy units.

Edited by Smog

...I like what you've got there. Although, on Paranoia, was that supposed to be greater-than-half-HP or less-than-half-HP?

Less than half. Honestly I come up with the effects before the name, so my thought was "This sounds like someone afraid to die because of them being on low health"

These skills would be fitting if the other Awakening children characters returned to Fates. Also I put their affiliation in parentheses.

Paranoia- Yarne (Nohr)

Compensation- Cynthia (Hoshido)

Waste Not- Nah (Hoshido)

Overcautious- Noire (Hoshido)

Sympathy Pain- Brady (Hoshido)

Battle Purist- Laurent (Nohr)

Adrenaline Rush- Gerome (Nohr)

As for Kjelle's (Nohr) personal skill, her skill would be called Alpha Female. This skill allows her to do +5 damage on Male enemy units.

Huh, I never thought of the awakening kids. Guess it fits, though!

Anyway, I have more ideas!

Light Feet: When the lead in guard stance, gain Movement +2

Defiance: When about to suffer a fatal attack, if HP is above 1, gain avoid +30

Recklessness: After taking taking damage when this unit has the weapon triangle disadvantage, gain Strength/Skill/Speed +3

Logical Move: After defeating an enemy with weapon triangle advantage on your side, gain Luck/Defense/Resistance +3

Flight Response: After taking damage that brings health below 50%, gain Movement +1

Terrain Savvy: Unit can traverse any normally traverseable space, no matter what class they are (for example, a horse-riding unit could cross mountains)

Talented Backup: When not the lead in Attack Stance, gain Critical +15%

This is addicting confirmed

Personal Skills:

Pacifist: Luck 0.5% chance at the start of battle. This unit refuses to attack and when damage is received the enemy unit who dealt it cannot attack on their next turn.

Defeatist: At full HP this unit enjoys +5 damage boost with any weapon equipped. Once HP drops below half this unit deals -5 damage with any weapon equipped.

Less than half. Honestly I come up with the effects before the name, so my thought was "This sounds like someone afraid to die because of them being on low health"

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

Anyway, I have more ideas!Light Feet: When the lead in guard stance, gain Movement +2

Defiance: When about to suffer a fatal attack, if HP is above 1, gain avoid +30

Recklessness: After taking taking damage when this unit has the weapon triangle disadvantage, gain Strength/Skill/Speed +3

Logical Move: After defeating an enemy with weapon triangle advantage on your side, gain Luck/Defense/Resistance +3

Flight Response: After taking damage that brings health below 50%, gain Movement +1

Terrain Savvy: Unit can traverse any normally traverseable space, no matter what class they are (for example, a horse-riding unit could cross mountains)

Talented Backup: When not the lead in Attack Stance, gain Critical +15%

Ooh, those sound neat! Especially Talented Backup, could make Selena's personal a bit more useful. And Logical Move could be some sort of anti-Peri's-Bloodthirst, I like it.

And here are a handful from me, again, because...

This is addicting confirmed

Oh, yes~ /Niles

...ANYWAY. Here are a few more skills, because I just can't get enough of this.

Aid Refusal: This unit cannot be affected by staves/rods. (The idea behind this was that

[spoiler=Pointless Stuff I Made Up That You Don't Need To Read]I made up a chapter in my head where you had to defend an unarmed and unable-to-move Garon from a Hoshidan assault led by Ryoma, and all of the enemies were strong enough to damage Garon (which, given Garon would have considerable defense/resistance, would make them rather strong), so if enough of them hit him (or if he fought Ryoma long enough), he'd eventually die. This was made up as an excuse for why you couldn't just heal up Garon to have enemies weaken themselves by attacking him and being Draconic Hex'd into a more manageable state, so you'd actually have to be careful about enemies slipping through your ranks to smack Garon. Not a practical skill at all, you wouldn't be able to get it for yourself, but it could make missions where you protect allied units more difficult (like how I expected Conquest chapter 18 to be when I first heard about it... Could even have the excuse there be that the Hoshidan royals don't trust you...).

Sorry, I went on a bit of a tangent or two there, nyahaha. At least it's in a spoiler)

Disabling Mirror: When the enemy initiates combat, all inflicted debuffs are reflected back onto the enemy. (The debuffs would be inflicted on the attacking unit, and not the unit being attacked. Could maybe be a bit annoying, but might be something I'd allow players to have access to... as a level-promoted-15 skill)

Advantage Reversal: Reverses the weapon triangle for this unit and doubles its effects. (So, the Calamity Gate/Dual weapon effect, but allowing any weapon to be equipped (and it'd stack with those weapons, allowing for the weapon triangle (dis)advantage to be four times as effective). Could be a bit annoying)

Effective Blow: When this unit initiates combat, their attacks will be treated as dealing effective damage if possible. (So, extra damage against beast/flying/dragon/monster units when you attack)

Royal Slayer: This unit deals effective damage against royalty. (Royalty here means any unit who can use Dragon Veins, since if I recall correctly only the royals can do that)

Daredevil: When attacking an enemy who can fight back, Hit/Avoid/Crit/Dodge +15 and damage dealt and received +3. (The idea is that it's risky, but rewarding. Probably not balanced at all, but ah well)

That's what I've got for now.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Here's a few skills that stray from "useful" and more toward "lol das cool"

Personal Flotation Device: Unit can move across water effortlessly, even when mounted.

Air Strike: When using a turret, gain ability to double attack if targets have less than 5 speed of unit.

Artisan: If unit has four allied units directly next to them (basically, if this unit is in the middle of a cross formation), grants +2 damage and -2 damage taken to all units in the formation.

And here is one that people might like a little more.

Acupressure: When using a Shuriken/Knife, use as a command to select a target within 2 spaces and apply equipped weapons debuffs without initiating proper combat. Has 100% accuracy, but does 0 damage and cannot trigger offensive skills, dual strikes, or increase shield gauge when in dual guard. Secondary effects of weapons (heal 20% hp, cuts Str in half, lowers Str/Skl by 2, etc) will not apply. Enemy cannot counter-attack if directly next to unit. Can activate Seal skills if appliable.