Revelations Chapter 17 (Lunatic)

CWGameplay

I've been pretty stuck on Chapter 17, it's so hard because I can't save beforehand, and don't want to lose any characters.

So every time someone dies I reset.

I'm not sure if my team is underleveled, or if I'm just not good enough at the game.

My team is currently:

Kamui - My main character is a level 25 Witch.

Kana - Kana is a level 2 Dark Knight

Takumi - Takumi is a level 1 Kinshi Knight

Ryoma - Level 5, the same you get him at.

Mozu - Mozu is a level 20 Dark Falcon

Benny - Benny is a level 18 knight

Scarlet - Scarlet is a level 3 Wyvern Lord

Camilla - Camilla is a level 4 Malig Knight

The way I tackled this on Lunatic was to do the side Xander and Leo joins on turn 2 first. I did not aggro anyone until the retainers join, since I'm going to use them for guard stance so my stronger units can all front and it'll make sure the retainers survive anyway. With Xander and Rinkah (Camilla can sub for Rinkah here since you don't have her) with Ryoma as a backup I make a formation like below

xx

x

to block the cavs from reaching my squishier units Once the cavs reach them then you can swarm them with the squishies. Xander/Camilla should be able to put a big dent in those Paladins too. Camilla might even outright kill them.

Off the top of my head I think I shoved Niles on Xander and Peri on Ryoma for speed vs def for that map specifically. Cam might like Laslow or just put Benny on her to make her tank better. Odin on Corn is probably best for this map.

Levels look mostly fine. IIRC since I have Blacksmith Rinkah on that chapter the most of my team should be less than lv 5 promoted as well, since that's when I usually reclass her. I usually have Ryoma higher than base by feeding him a bunch of promoted kills on 16, though his bases should do fine anyway. If you're worried about the durability of you team, just try to play it safe and don't overextend.

Xander + almost anyone can pretty much tank, and solo the right side for the most part. May need a heal or two on lunatic to keep him going.

Have someone tough bait the enemies on the left side, and kill what you pull the very next turn. Repeat. (eg: I usually have a dark flier bait the dark knights and strategist over on turn 1 so they kill themselves on enemy phase). Make use of sakura and elise's personal skills, buying inspiration for both of them is even better.

I'd park underleveled squishy retainers on the north and west forts when the area is clear.

The way I tackled this on Lunatic was to do the side Xander and Leo joins on turn 2 first. I did not aggro anyone until the retainers join, since I'm going to use them for guard stance so my stronger units can all front and it'll make sure the retainers survive anyway. With Xander and Rinkah (Camilla can sub for Rinkah here since you don't have her) with Ryoma as a backup I make a formation like below

xx

x

to block the cavs from reaching my squishier units Once the cavs reach them then you can swarm them with the squishies. Xander/Camilla should be able to put a big dent in those Paladins too. Camilla might even outright kill them.

Off the top of my head I think I shoved Niles on Xander and Peri on Ryoma for speed vs def for that map specifically. Cam might like Laslow or just put Benny on her to make her tank better. Odin on Corn is probably best for this map.

Levels look mostly fine. IIRC since I have Blacksmith Rinkah on that chapter the most of my team should be less than lv 5 promoted as well, since that's when I usually reclass her. I usually have Ryoma higher than base by feeding him a bunch of promoted kills on 16, though his bases should do fine anyway. If you're worried about the durability of you team, just try to play it safe and don't overextend.

Alright thanks.

That's probably what I'll do, use the retainers as guard stances.

Xander + almost anyone can pretty much tank, and solo the right side for the most part. May need a heal or two on lunatic to keep him going.

Have someone tough bait the enemies on the left side, and kill what you pull the very next turn. Repeat. (eg: I usually have a dark flier bait the dark knights and strategist over on turn 1 so they kill themselves on enemy phase). Make use of sakura and elise's personal skills, buying inspiration for both of them is even better.

I'd park underleveled squishy retainers on the north and west forts when the area is clear.

Okay, thank you.

Edit: Benny is now a level 1 Great Knight with the Hammer

And Caeldori is now a level 1 Hero with the Spirit Katana, Armorslayer, and Wyrmslayer

Fort parking to block reinforcements does work on this map, so that's probably the way to go. The cluster of units in the middle also doesn't seem to move unless you enter their range, or at least won't move toward you immediately like that first rush of Lancers and Paladins. I'm not sure if there are other reinforcements on the map besides the fort ones, but if there were they always came from the south and never right on top of me.

Xander is also under basically no threat from the non-Fire Orb artillerists. I forget if they do zero damage or just very low damage, but he can bum rush them and sit next to them and take them out without much risk to himself. For the Fire Orb I'd approach from the NE entrance since it's on the side you're concentrated on anyway. Draw out the Faceless and enemies and possibly their healers and then draw anybody west of the mountains, then go in after the Fire Orb guy. Once the Fire Orb and SE Ballista guy are dead you can weave Xander or whoever past Iago and drop the SW Ballista guy. By that point everything should be under control.

You could change Camilla into a Wyvern Lord so when she gets level 5 she gets Rally Defense, that helped me a lot so I could tank with Xander with Laslow on the right and Ryouma and the Avatar with Camilla's rally.

Also abusing Sakura and Elise skills can be important here, My male avatar with a Rinkah pair up and being in range of Felicia(her personal skill and Demoiselle, Jakob for a Female Avatar) and Sakura +4 Defense of Rally Defense did the job pretty well.

MU, Xander and Ryouma are usually going to be your main offensive units with pair ups that boost DEF, have 2-3 healers(Sakura, Elise, Jakob/Felicia), Azura for refreshing and the rest focused on cleaning weakened units if Ryouma, Xander and MU did not.

Edited by Roxachronc