I've decided

nflchamp

Eh... it's not like we can force save or something, unless on you're playing on Casual mode.

Anyway, there's nothing we can do so I guess if you don't mind the survivability of your troops you can just... ignore their loss in the Endgame, considering that there's no post-game?

Heh, I remember playing the endgame of Birthright Lunatic for the second time and having a lucky asshole of a berserker crit one of my units (don't remember who). So I just stopped caring and started a zerg rush at the boss.

... "The dust finally settled after the defeat of Gooron. Just as Azura dissolved into H2O, Corrin turned around to survey the battlefield. Corpses were strewn everywhere. The entire royal family maimed and crippled for life, with the exception of a shell-shocked Hinoka. Shiro laid in a pool of his own blood, eyes staring unseeing towards the ceiling. Not far from his corpse lay the body of Rhajat, being wept over by her parents. A high pitched wailing rose over the scene, as grief overtook the onlookers. Corrin turned his back to it, lips curling into a crooked smile. "Victory!", he mumbled to himself before breaking into hollow laughter."

I still say it counts..

... "The dust finally settled after the defeat of Gooron. Just as Azura dissolved into H2O, Corrin turned around to survey the battlefield. Corpses were strewn everywhere. The entire royal family maimed and crippled for life, with the exception of a shell-shocked Hinoka. Shiro laid in a pool of his own blood, eyes staring unseeing towards the ceiling. Not far from his corpse lay the body of Rhajat, being wept over by her parents. A high pitched wailing rose over the scene, as grief overtook the onlookers. Corrin turned his back to it, lips curling into a crooked smile. "Victory!", he mumbled to himself before breaking into hollow laughter."

I still say it counts..

Beautiful.

For the record, it does count.

Actually the inability to save reminds me of how fe7 went straight to the dragon fight after facing off against Nergal honestly it would have been less epic to get to save before that. XD though ironically that is why my first run of fe7 had one casualty as Hawkeye died rescuing Eliwood and I found out the hard way that the dragon had 1-3 range XD

Actually the inability to save reminds me of how fe7 went straight to the dragon fight after facing off against Nergal honestly it would have been less epic to get to save before that. XD though ironically that is why my first run of fe7 had one casualty as Hawkeye died rescuing Eliwood and I found out the hard way that the dragon had 1-3 range XD

You say that, but I distinctly remember this happening:

"I'll have Eliwood finish off the dragon with his 98% hit..."

*Miss*

And then Roy was never born.

Heh, I remember playing the endgame of Birthright Lunatic for the second time and having a lucky asshole of a berserker crit one of my units (don't remember who). So I just stopped caring and started a zerg rush at the boss.

I still say it counts..

This made my day.

Isn't that the whole point of those final chapter thought ? The tension ? The epic ? The inability to save before dat Final Boss is also almost a tradition. (I said, almost.)

As frustrating as it is... I don't regret it, it was the good kind, the kind that made you feel like you played something good.. Even in Final Conquest. Even if I had to retry from the get go. Even if Takumi 'Screw you' Trump.

I still say it counts..

They should have used Azura's deus ex machina powers to retry the fight. Filthy casul, unit die, you retry.

I mean gee, it's not like I did the same in a moment of deep frustration. (Spoiler: I actually did.)

... That said do you have any interest in writing stories though ?

I still say it counts..

. . .and you still did better than I did. . .and I was on Hard. :(:

Ahem. . .

It was a lot easier to ORKO the FE7 dragon/formaldehyde than anything in Fates. It's slightly irritating, but on the flip side, it means that I can spam all the staves I want, and they won't be wasted.

I think chapter 27 and 28 in all campaigns were clearly designed around not saving between them though. They're generally much shorter than preceding chapters, which is a design decision they only took due to the lack of saving. If you could save, they'd likely need to be redesigned to be longer in the first place.

What's more annoying is being unable to save between I wanna say chapters 16-17 of Revelations. Why didn't they just go Path of Radiance route and have chapter 16 part 1 and 2, if they wanted to do that. It's not like it was the end game of Revelations. Although with the severe drop in quality after those chapters, it may have been better if it was.