I'm bored so I'm playing DQVI

Though one of the best things about VIII

is all the party members have some sort of charm

DQ games in general do a good job with it from VII on, except IX and maybe X (can't say because have not played). The addition of party chat into the remakes of 4-6 was a good call on the developers part, and we must thank VII for inventing it.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Though one of the best things about VIII

is all the party members have some sort of charm

DQ games in general do a good job with it from VII on, except IX and maybe X (can't say because have not played). The addition of party chat into the remakes of 4-6 was a good call on the developers part, and we must thank VII for inventing it.

And we should curse the translator of IV for not translating it.

Then I discovered that IV was supposed to have the feature, long after finishing it, bonus dungeons and all, I was so disgusted that I never picked the game ever again.

IX doesn't have much good character, or rather, they don't have much characters (your team is mute so...).

Not that the story or the NPC's are bad, It's almost tear-jerker the game, perhaps as much as V.

I kind of want to murder half of the characters of this game, like in VI. (you don't force to accept a waifu, game, among other things !)

Still waiting for VII and VIII on the 3DS, though I'm somewhat afraid because they put some features and characters, and it's kind of a huge base breaker in Japan apparently.

And we should curse the translator of IV for not translating it.

Then I discovered that IV was supposed to have the feature, long after finishing it, bonus dungeons and all, I was so disgusted that I never picked the game ever again.

IX doesn't have much good character, or rather, they don't have much characters (your team is mute so...).

Not that the story or the NPC's are bad, It's almost tear-jerker the game, perhaps as much as V.

I kind of want to murder half of the characters of this game, like in VI. (you don't force to accept a waifu, game, among other things !)

Still waiting for VII and VIII on the 3DS, though I'm somewhat afraid because they put some features and characters, and it's kind of a huge base breaker in Japan apparently.

Corvus is probably the most interesting villain DQ has had imo. Psaro is good too from what I hear, but I never actually finished IV.

Technically, the party chat was only axed on DS localization of IV. It was put back for iOS/Android.

I actually didn't mind most of VI's cast. And if the "forced waifu" means Medea, There are two extra endings in 3DS involving putting the protagonist with Jessica instead. Though I think VIII's protagonist is one of the less "avatar" like DQ heroes, he's given more backstory and character, or at least as much as one can give a silent protagonist.

Also, as someone who has played VII PSX, it's good but the translation was just bad sometimes. Hooray for ground up translation.

VII translation is pretty bland/bad, but still God bless the Prince Kiefer.

This is accurate, Keifer is awesome.

I think it was partially rushing, though. DQVII is huge, I think the past three years is a perfectly viable translation time. Since they aren't using the old translation as a base (for good reason), this is even moreso.

Still, it would have been nice to not spend three years picking petals off flowers trying to figure out if it was going to be a thing.

I actually didn't mind most of VI's cast. And if the "forced waifu" means Medea, There are two extra endings in 3DS involving putting the protagonist with Jessica instead. Though I think VIII's protagonist is one of the less "avatar" like DQ heroes, he's given more backstory and character, or at least as much as one can give a silent protagonist.

I was talking about VI not VIII, as in,

Ashlyn

That's her name in the english version, right ?

The shipping hint was here, and it annoyed me, along with the deal with Tania. I don't like having a pairing shoved down my throat.

Though I had no problem with Medea strangely enough.

Speaking of Tania I was pretty proud of myself then...

I defeated Demon at Arms, the difficult version. Without fusing with the other Rek.

Glac I am disappointed in you

You didn't choose the dumbest name you could've

I woulda said uhhh

Poolord or something. I learned from the best, my eldest sister, and now I almost never give MCs serious names

I was talking about VI not VIII, as in,

Ashlyn

That's her name in the english version, right ?

The shipping hint was here, and it annoyed me, along with the deal with Tania. I don't like having a pairing shoved down my throat.

Though I had no problem with Medea strangely enough.

Speaking of Tania I was pretty proud of myself then...

I defeated Demon at Arms, the difficult version. Without fusing with the other Rek.

Her name is Ashlynn, yeah, but I wouldn't say she's really forced? I mean, she does kinda poof from existence during the ending. But I also have no real issue with canon pairings, so I guess my glasses are different.

[spoiler=DQVIII]2e7fPoj.png

It's not VI but

Man beating bonus bosses while around 20 levels before getting Dragon Soul is very satisfying.

Edited by Glaceon Mage