What are the chances of a Path of Radiance randomizer?

I really enjoy Fire Emblem randomized runs since it makes old games I've played before feel new and fresh and I almost always have a great time doing randomized runs. I personally really enjoy Path of Radiance so I was wondering if there's a chance of there being a PoR randomizer. I think a randomized run of PoR would be very enjoyable and I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same about that.

i think the biggest issue would be ashnard

he can only be hurt by a handful of characters and if those few characters get randomed to something that can't hurt him...

people would first have to hack ashnard's stupid plot armor away first.

How hard would it be for someone to hack away Ashnard's plot armor? I'd assume if someone could hack the game to randomize it that it wouldn't be too much of a problem to hack away Ashnard's plot armor. Plus if no one could hack away his plot armor, then the randomized run could just end before that chapter, it kind of sucks not to have the final chapter in the randomzied run, but I'd rather have a randomized run without the final chapter than not have a randomized run at all.

Well, if people could make an Awakening randomiser, logically a Path of Radiance one should be possible. Both games load characters in a similar manner (or more like all the games from Path of Radiance onward are structured kind of similarly).

It just depends if there's anyone passionate enough to figure out everything and apply it. Most of the basic knowledge that you need to get started is in the FE9 + 10 Hacking Notes topic that I made a long time ago.

As for Ashnard's (and the BK's) armour, I'm pretty )sure you can remove that easily. It's just a flag in his character data, I think. Or his class, I don't really remember.

Edited by VincentASM

First time I've heard of this randomizer. What is it? It works for the old games? What does it do?

Thanks.

Basically, Klok came up with the concept of making a program that randomizes aspects of the GBA fire emblems, such as classes, enemies, stats, weapons (like uses, MT, etc etc) to everything. Its very similar to the Pokemon randomizers.

But basically it makes the games very hilarious to replay.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45705 This thread has all the info you need

• 2 years later...