Blaze's General Sprite Gallery

BlazeKing

So this is unfortunate, Photobucket decided to be a prick and now my gallery's a graveyard, will be putting up archive sorta images with all the sprites if anyone cares but yeah, at least for the opening post, these are all that remain....thanks for nothin Photobucket

Mugs:

Spoiler

Arumu:

JHCXAxy.png

Blaze 6.0:

xjVkzoT.png

Leo:
iqmohco.png

Not-so Animated Battlesprites:

Spoiler

Blaze 3.0 battle sprite statics:
xpvl3zw.png

Roy 2.0:
v5kwOxX.png

Megaman stuff:

Spoiler

Starforce Megaman Normal and Gemini Noise:

Vu83F7x.png

Starforce Megaman Wolf Noise:

RIERoxD.png

Starforce Megaman Virgo Noise:

4O8OImd.png

Edited by BlazeKing

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these are very hit'n'miss. I don't quite like the Unhooded Robin, but the hooded looks great. Maybe it'd pay to have a hooded Robin battle animation set too?

Just a personal idea but maybe some of these having mounted variations would also be good. I'd personally like to see a mounted hooded Robin, both using a Tome and a Sword (regular and magic variations). Actually, a Levin Sword would be a missed opportunity to ignore by my personal opinion. Just a thought to consider.

I'd like to highlight that whilst Chrom is a lot better than it once was, a rapier variation of what he does now would still fit his style, but having Falchion with a slamming crit animation and a slashing normal animation would be good too. Perhaps combine both for a custom Aether animation, even if it serves no purpose for games it'd still be very cool to see.

Some of these were very nice, like the Hooded Robin, and some of the official class ones. The Warlock little flashes you added were were neat. Others, like the Ephraim with one strand of long hair on the side looks kinda odd. The Chrom and Robin ones didn't seem to work out so well. Also, the Chrom animation, I think you might've made the Falchion a bit too big. That's just me. Good job though!

Thanks for the feedback :D For now, I'll just focus on making Robin's battle animation, for Hooded Robin and Chrom, maybe I'll do later, thanks for liking Hooded Robin's portrait by the way, I spent a few hours on it

Minor Update:

So I was working on this for nearly the whole day (could've finished it sooner but got a tad bit lazy) but I finished the normal sword attack animation for the tactician class, made from scratch, this was my first time trying a full custom animation

Robin%20norm%20new_zpsxqy6scrg.gif

Ok I lied, THIS was my first attempt...I despise this

[spoiler=Kill it with fire please]Robin%20urgh_zpsgu3ffido.gif

Oh my Naga, this was bad ._.

I don't understand what's going on in the first one.

It looks like they're dashing forward, slashing through the enemy, and then spinning around behind the enemy for some reason.

I actually prefer the second one, because the slash looks more sensible to me. The large movements on that latter one are... uh, :effort: though not bad (they are functional).

Very Minor Update:

Edited the Tactician normal attack animation, *slightly* resembles my old Tactician animation, maybe this looks less...cringey?

Robin%20norm%20new%20MEW_zpscspvn3ce.gif

Still a tad bit odd though :/

I wouldn't say cringey, but it needs a little polish. If you're going for Awakening styled animation, the Tactician goes a little higher when attacking with the sword before coming down. The sword usually goes a little higher too.

Honestly the worst part is the GIF's timing; it makes it kinda hard to see what it would actually look like.

TwM7R0a.gif

something like this perhaps?

Overall it's pretty good. The blur frames are especially nice, but the attack lacks Oomph. Maybe making the jump higher would help I dunno.

Maybe making the jump higher would help I dunno.

Basically what I meant. Going for the Tactician Sword animation would require a rotation in the air as well. Enough so that it gets about halfway round.

I admit I ended up being a bit lazy for the attacking frames, and yes, I'm going for the Awakening style animation gonna polish it up soon, thanks for the feedback by the way :)

I admit I ended up being a bit lazy for the attacking frames, and yes, I'm going for the Awakening style animation gonna polish it up soon, thanks for the feedback by the way :)

I mean, you're doing full custom sprite animations that are far better than what I could do. I'd honestly like to see these polished to perfection because they already look usable as they are (some far more than others) so you've got lots of feedback on how to improve. You're doing fine and other spriters can likely help fill in gaps in your knowledge if you ask them (and they know how to help).

I'm looking forward to seeing you improve.

Edited by Light Strategist

Thanks a lot :)

Well, encouragement makes people want to improve, so I'm helping you as much you're appeasing us.

...That makes it sound like I'm taking credit for this...

I'm encouraging you because I know you'll be great at the height of your ability, and I'm also sure many people will feel rewarded with what you'll be able achieve and want to see more.

Minor Update:

I notice I'm actually doing more minor updates than actual updates...whelp xD

Anyway, I polished up Robin's animation more and I kinda like it

Robin%20norm%20new%20atk_zpsrn34sclv.gif

Minor Update:

I notice I'm actually doing more minor updates than actual updates...whelp xD

Anyway, I polished up Robin's animation more and I kinda like it

Robin%20norm%20new%20atk_zpsrn34sclv.gif

That looks perfect. When do we get Tome animations? =D

Wow I can't believe that there's people looking forward to it...well I'm gonna make it after getting some rest, school is a bit tiring, I have ideas on the crit and tome animations so yay

Update:

Aaaand here's the Magic attack animation, what I'm going for is pretty obvious, definitely needs refining though...

Robin%20mag%20atk_zpsvkkxq9m3.gif

I guess it's pretty obvious that I like the Summoner's sigil thingy. :KnollRoll:

Edited by BlazeKing

Wow I can't believe that there's people looking forward to it...well I'm gonna make it after getting some rest, school is a bit tiring, I have ideas on the crit and tome animations so yay

Dude, I can't help that you're better at spriting than I am. The only thing I think you really need help with is portrait faces. Your combat sprites look amazing! :D