Blaze's General Sprite Gallery

BlazeKing

Slightly Bigger Update:

So I finished the critical animation, not much different from the regular attack animation other than the cut-in thing (which doesn't look good at all)

Robin%20sword%20crit_zpsasmtnw37.gif Robin%20mag%20crit_zpsngxr6c9r.gif

The actual cut-in itself kinda bothers me a bit, I don't know how though :/

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Updates:

I made the Roy one before and the Lilina one was just completed, they're basically just them older...I guess?

Older%20Roy_zpsh7edt4uk.png Older%20Lilina_zps6dqc1jw5.png

Used the blinking and mouth frames made by shadowofchaos.

Edited by BlazeKing

I don't think the cut-in would manage to successfully stretch across the GBA screen fully. I'd keep it as an extra.

noep

the battle animations can use the entire screen's width (all 240 pixels of it)

speaking of that width, uh, blazeking

your animations are 248x160.

I assume you've done this to comply with the feditor animation assembler.

That means that the 8 rightmost pixels should always be blank except for the top two rows which should contain the palette of the character.

Uhh, what do you mean? All the frames I make I use like a template I got off a tutorial topic (forgot which), could you put an example as to how I should make the frames?

Based on background color, I think you got it from the Ultimate Tutorial. =3

Anyway;

suppose this frame.

dY2NGre.png

However, the eight rightmost pixels (since the image is 248x160) are not drawn to the screen, nor are they actually supposed to be inserted into the engine.

qBLDyqN.png

So as you can see, you have too much of the cut in bar- you have 248 pixels of it but you can only use 240 pixels.

The top two rows of the eight rightmost pixels (total 16 pixels) are used instead to load the palette.

(since I don't know your palette and I can't get a proper rip of your palette because of how I'm stealing your frames, I'll use one of mine)

X7dN7CZ.png

BGV6PZj.png

The top-right most pixel of the image should be the transparent color, and all colors that you use intend to use need to be there (and you can't have more than 15 non-transparent colors, nor can you have partially-transparent colors-- things I assume you know already though).

noep

the battle animations can use the entire screen's width (all 240 pixels of it)

Well that's useful information. Though this is making my brain ache a little.

I should probably clarify that I'm referring to the technical piece of information, but I'm not set to take the information in properly at the minute.

Edited by Light Strategist

All this time I NEVER put the palette of my sprite there, for some reason it seems to work for a different animation when I inserted it into a game without putting the palette at the top right corner, but I guess I'll fix the frames up later

More Updates:

I made the Roy one before and the Lilina one was just completed, they're basically just them older...I guess?

Older%20Roy_zpsh7edt4uk.png Older%20Lilina_zps1tfpbgr7.png

Used the blinking and mouth frames made by shadowofchaos.

Looking back at this, Roy's different clothes and longer hair certainly make him look older. However, Lilina only seems to be wearing something that's too big for her. From where I see it, it actually just looks like Hector's armour. (If it is, I want you to know that I'll celebrate for guessing right.)

I'd personally imagine that Lilina would tidy up her hair a bit as she's aged, maybe wear it completely behind her or something.

Just my thoughts to give you some insight.

All this time I NEVER put the palette of my sprite there, for some reason it seems to work for a different animation when I inserted it into a game without putting the palette at the top right corner, but I guess I'll fix the frames up later

It isn't strictly required (afaik it only is absolutely necessary if the first loaded frame does not naturally have all the colors you want to use in the sprite), but I've had issues personally when it isn't there, and it doesn't take too much effort to add in. :p

Also, for that Lilina portrait, I just put her head onto Cecilia's body xD I just recoloured the armour to Hector's armour colours.

No wonder it's so identical!

In all seriousness though, she hasn't aged a day since Hector died! D=

Update:

*Hums Dark Pit's theme in the background* I wanted to do this for a while now, gonna make Pit since I finished Pitoo, to be honest I can just recolour this portrait and tadaa but I don't think that'll work...

Pitoo_zpsw4qroozv.png

Everything but his face and scarf is completely custom, so he's a semi-custom(?)

Can't help but feel I exaggerated the hair a tad bit ._.

Used BlueDruid's sigil thingy cuz I'm lazy to make mini portraits so I just made the smash bros. icon thing

Edit: Aaand I just realised that I forgot the wings...urgh

Edit again: Actually, never mind, I can't "do" wings, wingless Pitoo then *shrug* :/

Edited by BlazeKing

Update:

And now I finished Pit, *Wingless* Pit to be exact, can't make wings :/

Pit_zpsqe5hybmz.png

I literally recoloured the hair and outfit of Dark Pit that I made and slapped Sain's face on it, looks...unnatural a bit, but hey, it works.

This further proves that they're literally palette swaps in terms of their design -.-

Small Update:

I remade the first few mugs I made (Verke and Darke), and I like them much better than the first ones, I honestly expected myself to get much more done today, but I ended up procrastinating way too much and generally got lazy ._.

Verke%20New_zps5ipackp2.png Darke%20New_zpsgmfiel8d.png

Verke got a complete redesign, no longer is he a Raven recolour, and Darke is also no longer a Lance recolour :P

Still looks absolutely horrible but whatever :/

Edited by BlazeKing

Update:

Right now, I'm just working on a custom animation for the Verke!Lord class

A1ampS1_zpsabroftzp.png

This really needs improvement, so please leave feedback on how to touch this up :KnollRoll:

Update:

A1ampS1_zpsabroftzp.png

This really needs improvement, so please leave feedback on how to touch this up :KnollRoll:

Well, I'd need to know more about him.

Typically, Lords are armoured to some degree, Roy, Hector, Chrom, Ike (as a promotion in PoR) show decent armour levels.

Characters like Lyn or Lucina typically have a background reason for not being so well armoured, such as Lyn's general upbringing or Lucina using Marth's identity as a symbol of hope.

Ideally, the knowledge could help me determine the necessary ideas I could need.

i don't like your palette organization :v

I would highly recommend taking skin/outline+shadow tones from the intsys sprites directly.

You use 56-32-64 (or 7-4-8 on usenti's default mode) when the normal outline color is 40-40-40 (5-5-5).

Your skin tones also have the same "problem", and thus it looks weird.

As for the sprite itself...

Your hands are too big. They're monstrously large.

The split in the pants should go up another pixel unless his pants have the split low relative to his hips/pelvis.

The sash / belt on his chest desperately needs an extra color to define its depth.

Since this is also the color of the shoulderguard, I would also recommend increasing the size of the shoulderguard itself, going upwards.

The blue belt? makes it look like his hips are really low (at the same height as his hands). For humans, however, this is not the case (the wrists fall near the bottom of the hips when standing slack).

His right arm is slightly "pillow shaded". Look at the Thief and Assassin frames for reference.

*I mean that they just have too much noise going on. It's not actual pillow shading, but you're using all of the colors in the exact same way the entire length down, which makes it look a little like it lacks depth instead of having it, to me.

Speaking of arms, his left arm (the one with the shoulderguard) is much larger than the other.

Finally, the entire pose looks really unnatural to me, which isn't actually a complaint, but this is the idle frame and most of those look like pretty natural positions to hold.

Why: He's leaning towards his left (this is implied by how the outline color is going on his right arm), he's holding his left arm up for no reason (implied by the straight line that shows his left side, and the whole left arm being visible), and his legs are really close together.

Or, perhaps, I just can't read the perspective on it. I do suck at doing that.

Edited by Eliwan