Blaze's General Sprite Gallery

BlazeKing

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The resheath part still looks real funky, maybe if you just did a motion blur it'd look better? I think part of the issue is that the entire rest of his body is remaining still while his sword turns, so it really calls attention to itself.

Barely noticeable Update:

So I swapped out the awkward sheathing animation for a motion blur, looks better :D

Verke%20atk_zpsepdn9uph.gif Verke%20crit_zpszfrf28wx.gif

And yes, his sword is like attached with his strap thing, don't question it ._.

Edited by BlazeKing

And yes, his sword is like attached with his strap thing, don't question it ._.

I am just assuming there is a magnet in the strap that responds to a magnet in the sword :p

But for real though, I think there is an explanation like that for Cloud in Final Fantasy 7

Originally, the sword magically attaches to the strap, in the edited version, I made his sword like strapped to his back, if you look closely at the frame where the sword is sheathed, the strap is above the sword (I do not know how to explain this xD)

Originally, the sword magically attaches to the strap, in the edited version, I made his sword like strapped to his back, if you look closely at the frame where the sword is sheathed, the strap is above the sword (I do not know how to explain this xD)

I just assumed he slid the blade beneath the strap. =/

I just assumed he slid the blade beneath the strap. =/

That's exactly what he does, I think I put the wrong normal attack animation url, but I'll fix it later

RaNdOm Update:
Taking a break from making battle sprites, so I made mugs, remade Selina, now known as Elesa (I like this name better), and also remade Jayden, also made Jayden's 2 brothers, Teygas and Celan (I really didn't edit Forde's face too much so Jayden and Celan look similar but whatever :/)
[spoiler=Redesigns and new mugs :D]
Elesa (I found Lucius' hair to be very useful for my female splices...which is...this one ._.)
Elesa_zps8pou1axw.png

Jayden (Mr. I-am-barely-spliced)
Jayden%20Portrait_zpsxtydewlt.png

Teygas (I think this is my better splice, I think he's the least recognizable from the base, just me though)
Teygas_zps2dcwl7zo.png

Celan (Yes, I shamelessly reused Ephraim's hair for both Teygas and Celan)
Celan_zpspyq8rkgz.png

Edited by BlazeKing

Update:

Touched up these two a tad bit, fixed the shading, and generally minor things:

Elesa_zps8pou1axw.pngElesa_zpsbpqq3jop.png

Teygas_zps2dcwl7zo.pngTeygas_zpsnebilr4m.png

And also made another mug for my hack that I may or may not make:

Prescile

Perscile_zpsvtzlpfkw.png

Also made this...thing...

[spoiler=In the words of Ike and Robin..."Prepare yourself"]

I...dont...even_zpswvnn7mg7.gif

I regret everything/nothing

[insert funny title idea here] Update:

So I decided to fix up my only custom portrait that I have with my new found and still absolutely god awful spriting skills, and here he is:

Robin%20Portrait_zpsofmvd2ir.png

And yes, I switched from a very shittily executed shading attempt to the FE8 shading, I like it :)

And of course, with THIS change, comes more:

...%20Portrait_zpslstm3ogv.png

Very minor but hey, it's something...

And of course, last but certainly not least, the animations:

Robin%20Sword%20Crit_zpsnreuamu0.gif Robin%20Mag%20Crit_zps3e8ylppw.gif

This change does not make it "perfect" by all means, so please critique it and maybe tell me how to improve it more.

And of course if anyone wants, make a female Robin portrait maybe?

Edited by BlazeKing

For the Hoodless Robin, the hair shouldn't have those really dark lines all over it, looks kinda weird in my opinion. Also, the mugs looks nice, but there's not much distinction around the eyes, not to say it's bad, but it just looks different. Nice job.

Update:

WARNING! Very bad sprite incoming

[spoiler=Send help]Full%20custom_zpslsh46h9p.png

I decided to try and make a full custom sprite as my own self portrait (I guess), didn't go so well ._.'

Send me critiques please, this mug looks like nightmare fuel

As for the Robin portrait, I can't really draw like the eyes well, so there's that, and I guess the dark lines are weird, considering he has white hair, I might fix it up...one day xD

Update:

I decided to try and make a full custom sprite as my own self portrait (I guess), didn't go so well ._.'

As for the Robin portrait, I can't really draw like the eyes well, so there's that, and I guess the dark lines are weird, considering he has white hair, I might fix it up...one day xD

For the eyes, if you can't do them well right now, you might just wanna splice them. It'll make the portrait a lot cleaner, which is something you should strive for. In general for your portraits, you should try and splice your faces, as the custom ones you have right now are a bit odd. Keep at it, your splices are nice looking, and with more practice, you're customs will look good in no time.

Update:

BWOAH, JEEZUS, SHIT! DX

DUDE! DX

Blond eyes...

You're not really ready for customs yet, go for more complex splices first. Right now, the shading is way out of whack (especially hair), the lines aren't very smooth, and the anatomy is off in some places (such as a GIANT ear). Splicing familiarizes the shading techniques, so if you keep working with those it'll rub off some.