Who is Your Favorite Paladin in Radiant Dawn?

Best Paladin  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite paladin in Radiant Dawn?

• Fiona
    • Geoffrey
    • Kieran
    • Makalov
    • Astrid
    • Titania
    • Oscar
    • Renning

Titania, by far. She is easily the most useful out of all of them, due to both having the best availability (tied with Oscar), and having the best stats/growths/etc. (except maybe Geoffrey, but his availability sucks).

Titania is the fictional love of my life

Badass unit, amazing design, beautiful character, solid personality, good supports? Yes please, sign me the fuck up

Titania and Oscar have the most use.

Titania comes with high level and bases.

Oscar's bases aren't that much lower (same speed) and has better affinity, but uses worse weapons for being a silver knight.

The Crimean Knights have worse availibility than Greil's Mercenaries.

Fiona is unusable on hard mode.

Oscar! I've never gone without using Oscar, at least for a bit. I also appreciate his countenance and that fact that he can make great food.

In general most of FE10's cavalry was... underwhelming compared to almost every other game (especially its predecessor and FE4), but, I'll give this to Oscar. I get a lot of use out of him and Titania both, but I prefer Oscar's personality (and he gets some degree of bias for being the older brother of my second favorite Tellius character (Rolf)).

Kieran, no brainer. <3 I've always loved him as a character and he kicks ass as a unit in both Tellius games!

That's kind of similar to why I like Oscar so much even though Geoffrey was my main paladin, he's a good character, and he's amazing in both Tellius games. The only reason I used Geoffrey instead was because he capped almost everything without bonus exp and was like a level 5 silver knight at the end of Part 2.

Titania and Oscar have the most use.

Titania comes with high level and bases.

Oscar's bases aren't that much lower (same speed) and has better affinity, but uses worse weapons for being a silver knight.

The Crimean Knights have worse availibility than Greil's Mercenaries.

Fiona is unusable on hard mode.

Fiona is unusable on every mode. Geoffrey actually ends up really good if you exclusively use him in Part 2, and I used him because I wanted to focus more on my other units and because he was really good at the end of part 2.

Titania is one of my favorite characters in the entire series, so she gets my vote for sure. Her competence as a unit only makes it easier for me to justify using her every playthrough.

The lack of love for Astrid is saddening to me, since she was so good in Path of Radiance. Her stats in RD are awful in comparison (and just in general).

I'm one of those people who adore Makalov, Astrid, and Fiona for some reason, lol. Titania is a goddess (obviously), Kieran and Oscar are total bros. Geoffrey and Renning are pretty swell too, though I don't use them often because I always bog myself down with so many Cavs and have no room by time they're playable xp

Fiona is unusable on every mode. Geoffrey actually ends up really good if you exclusively use him in Part 2, and I used him because I wanted to focus more on my other units and because he was really good at the end of part 2.

Fiona is usable on easy mode since the enemies have worse stats than on higher difficulties.

She has availibility issues in part 1 (busted in 1-8 and less movement in 1-7 and 1-F), but thanks to elite mode (2x exp.) you can give her levels easily.

You have to invest a bit in her by forging an iron lance.

Fiona is usable on easy mode since the enemies have worse stats than on higher difficulties.

She has availibility issues in part 1 (busted in 1-8 and less movement in 1-7 and 1-F), but thanks to elite mode (2x exp.) you can give her levels easily.

You have to invest a bit in her by forging an iron lance.

Is elite mode in this game?

I think my friend may have meant the Elite Scroll. Even still...

He was playing FE5 recently, you see...

Edited by Soledai

I love Titania, but Fiona is the queen of my heart in this game. I love her Daein insignia on third tier. I love the satisfaction i feel when i train her from total scrubdom to murdering things with her pike. Shes just my favorite.

Florina/Loki, I feel like you and I are the only Fiona fans in existence! She's my second favorite along with Oscar after Kieran.

I don't see what's to love about Titania other than that she's a good unit. I mean, she's cool, but she doesn't stand out a lot to me character-wise.

Edited by Anacybele

Florina/Loki, I feel like you and I are the only Fiona fans in existence! She's my second favorite along with Oscar after Kieran.

I don't see what's to love about Titania other than that she's a good unit. I mean, she's cool, but she doesn't stand out a lot to me character-wise.

There are others...somewhere. I mean, i really do love Titania as a character and a unit, but i just am drawn to Fiona. Maybe its because shes the daughter of a Rider of Daein and her unique design. Shes got a lot of cool potential and is going to feature heavily in my Tellius story. (if i ever get around to finishing it.)

My issue with Fiona is that she gets hardly any development. When I got her she looked genuinely interesting and I wanted to know more about her. But alas, as with the rest of the Dawn Brigade, that was not to be.

Sadly, yeah. You can tell there was more planned for her, but it all went splat. Lack of supports convos really hurt.

Yeah, Florina/Loki is right, Fiona sadly got shafted there. :( I really wish she'd gotten more attention too! No real support conversations definitely hurt!

There are others...somewhere. I mean, i really do love Titania as a character and a unit, but i just am drawn to Fiona. Maybe its because shes the daughter of a Rider of Daein and her unique design. Shes got a lot of cool potential and is going to feature heavily in my Tellius story. (if i ever get around to finishing it.)

Heh, don't worry, if you have enough fun with it and enough motivation and all, you'll finish. ^^ Take it from me, lol. (I'm practically Miss Fanfiction around here. :P)

I voted Geoffrey because he's, imo, the perfect archetype of a knight, a paladin, a caring gentleman: elegant, talented and majestic. I didn't use him that much in PoR, but I prefer him at RD despite his issues regarding availability and whatnot. He's usable in any mode tbh, although HM is more tough on him with EXP reduction, but in EM he'll reach Silver Knight by 2-3 and stomp everything, and on NM he'll keep wrecking enemies and will proc Sol quite often by 4-5.

I also like Titania because she's a monster. Astrid is cool when you invest so much on her and she suddenly stomps stuff on 4-2 onwards. Fiona is also ok but her investment is really high: Energy Drop, Speedwing, Ashera Icon, Dracoshield and BEXP plus a forge and she doesn't have enough space for self improvement while Astrid has much more width. The only ones I don't have such affinity are Makalov and Kieran: they aren't spectacular but aren't terrible, but being in the middle camp is far more terrible because you don't have certainty if the unit will turn out good or will forever be mediocre. Meanwhile on Astrid and Fiona camp, you know they're terrible but will turn out good in the end, the first one will just need Blossom and kills to get decent or good level ups, the latter will need a dump of stat boosters, a forge, a truckload of BEXP levels and kills; but their growth will likely make them good units.