I hate Roy

I seriously do. He's a whiny fag, he's too much of an underleveled wimp, and he's only saved by that broken ass Sword of Seals. Why is his fanbase almost as big as Ike's?

Some people actually enjoy his characterisation, he's one of the more level headed lords who plans ahead. Whilst he does suffer in terms of actually being a unit, he at least functions within his own game. It's very kind of you to express your opinion on Roy, everyone likes him to different degrees and it's understandable that some people like Roy as much as you do! Both Ike and Roy were made more popular due to Smash, a franchise that tends to get characters noticed.

If you're having difficulties playing FE6, it's an idea to let Roy see some combat in the western isles. There's a lot of axe users that he can get some experience from. If you need any other help with FE6, I'm sure people will be happy to offer you some basic tips and tricks!

Considering he has 6 (six) paired heterosexual endings I don't think Roy is a homosexual.

Seriously though, it's obvious he isn't a great unit, and I doubt that's why people like him if they do. Personally I don't like him, mainly because he emphasizes everything I hate about FE6, including him and Merlinus being 80% of the dialogue.

Edited by Tryhard

But Roy is our boy!

I don't think he is as popular as Ike by a long shot but as said by Shin some people, including me appreciate that he is one of the smarter lords. Actually, him being a bit of a shoddy units does seem somewhat in character. He could just be a brain over brawn type of character and he's younger then most lords are.

This thread will be locked soon, but I might as well say my opinion: Roy is interesting as a character and he had a lot of potential.

And if people only liked units based on their stats and how they perform, then Sophia would't be as popular as she is.

And when does Roy whine? He never came across as whiny.

I think Roy is a Lord I feel people look at the wrong way.

To put simply... he's just a teenager, placed in a leadership position because it's his job. It's a political act for him to act in a kind and mature manner. In turn, some of his dialogue shows he feels out of place, since the pressure of his role elicits depression and anxiety into him. However, he supresses his emotions since he's their leader, that's what he needs to do. He took a job that he's unsure himself that he can handle, but does it to the best of his ability.

Funnily enough, Lilina's supports characterize Roy the best, since she got to see his true personality before the war. Roy's supports don't add as much compared to Lilina's discussions about him lol.

PSA tho: don't make threads just to start fights with people

EDIT: so i contribute to topic, i don't like roy much either, op

Edited by Integrity