Best Units in Your Playthrough

elbell3618

What characters have emerged as RNG victors in your play through? What units surprised you with their strength or usability?

For me, I've been shocked by my Effie and Camilla!Velouria. I expected both to be strong at least, but it'd be a lie to say I don't tend to end up supporting these two as they (and their Pair Up partners) run around causing mass murder. It's a beautiful thing, really.

Kaze devoured mages like they were nothing. Conquest hard he can just be thrown into a room full of mages and just kill every single one of them with no help.

Felicia managed to have more magic than Leo and instead of healing and debuffing she murdered people.

Ophelia was a witch with a forged crit tome, 30 speed, and 35 mag.

Merc!Rofo(Corrin) could easily kill most enemies on Chapter 10 and gets shout out for destroying things and making that chapter so much easier.

I don't think mine have something surprising, but Oboro, Takumi and Hinoka were my best units in my Hoshido and Revelations files (hasn't played Nohr... feel unnable to say no to my Hoshido units)

They do very good job killing and resisting hits (Takumi was more dodge), and in the endings they got the higher numer of battles and wins. Especially Takumi and Oboro who I ended relying too much, always with their criticals and dodges... And Oboro with Sol was very useful for me, I just let her take the hits, she ended dodging a lot even if the enemies had like 60-50% of hit, and if she received damage, she patched it up with Sol... Spear master Hinoka was a bit similar, but Revelations ended giving her the bad luck of defense stat, it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't good like in Hoshido, and still... She survived with no problem healing herself with Sol, also she and Leo become the magic tanks with their high resistance

They were my best units with no doubt

For Hoshido:

Kaze, Midori, Kana, Takumi, Ryoma. Others started lagging behind too much towards endgame.

For Revelations:

Velouria was too good. Following was Kiragi, Kana (kinda, Kiragi was better lol), Midori, Takumi, Xander.

For Nohr:

Velouria, Kana, Forrest, and Xander.

Nohr: Effie. tanking everything

Revelations: Oboro, getting rid of everything and take some hits. MU, because of Omega Yato. Soleil, Vantage, Awakening, Aether got rid of many things.

Corrin, Ryoma, Silas, and Ike were my top four, no brainer there. They plowed through everything and I hardly needed anyone else except for healing. lol Though I was doing the easiest Birthright difficulty. I haven't finished Revelation yet and I still don't plan to do Conquest.

Birthright: Myself. (I know, weird concept) Also, Shigure as a Kinchi Knight.

Conquest: Leo, Camilla, and Xander all are good. Especially when I keep dying. (Thank you, casual mode...)

Spear Master Effie!Mitama with Sol and Peri's Lance/Guard Naginata/Waterwheel... she is basically invincible.

Also Oni Chieftan Nyx!Rhajat with Shadowgift for Nosferatu and Vantage... almost just as invincible.

For my BR playthrough: It was primarily Hinoka, Oboro, Corrin, Kana, and Silas, with special mention to Sakura for defeating Zurg after Corrin missed a Dragon Fang that would've defeated him.

My consistent best units, barring most of the royals, have been Rhajat, Ophelia, Effie, Charlotte, Saizo, Keaton and Velouria. Good god Velouria.

Honorable mentions go to Felicia, Mozu, Beruka, Odin and Asugi.

Conquest

MU!Spear Master - Combined with Draconic Hex and Spear Master natural bulk, my MU was essentially a one woman army.

Effie!WyvernRider!ercy - The go-to mother for Percy. He was a mobile tank as Wyvern Lord. One half of the Destruction Duo.

Camilla!General!Ignatius - Provided good strength and defense. Was a beast when paired with his partner, Percy. The other half of the Destruction Duo.

Birthright

Setsuna!Sniper!Kiragi - This kid was pulling criticals out his butt crack, I am telling you. If he didn't crit the first time, he was indeed going to double and then do a crit.

Mozu!SpearMaster!Shiro - He was a match for his father in that file. That's all I have to say.

Revelation

Elise!MaligKnight!Dwyer - Now, this Dwyer has to be my favorite. I thought Elise would hurt his stats. Oh no. She created a monster of unimaginable power. Do not shun or trifle with the offspring of Moe Little Sister.

Nyx!DarkFlier!Caeldori - She was a magic turret with wings. Also had Aptitude on her so that helped.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Birthright:

Oboro with rinkah in the back and a guard naginata carried as my frontline tank/puller

Hana was my best offense by a mile.

Sorcerer MU was, okay.

Conquest:

Effie backed by Arthur was the tank/one shotting monster

Keaton was the main offense

Swordmaster MU carried offense as well

Revelations:

I actually used alot, but Swordmaster MU, Hana, and Oboro still stood out. This time around oboro did a full round through classes to get quix and basara.

Sakura with a shining bow was also way better than it should have been. She ended up capping mage

By far my favorite was Charolette. Did A+ with rinkah to get Deathblow/Axefaire/Sol/Gamble/Aggressor and paired with Kaze.

Kazes res with her strength obliterated mages and her with kazes speed and str obliterated...everything else....

Edited by Tribute

Aside from the obvious lolCorrin:

Dorkumi always ends up more reliable than Ryouma for me, don't ask me how, he just does.

Witch Nyx + Hayato = yes

Sakura + Shining Bow = mid-game beast

Felicia + Felicia's Plate follows the same principle. Also she gets the quickest access to the Warp Scroll. Im actually debating if I want to marry her or wait for Flora.

Silas (especially on Conquest with a F. Corrin) is da gawd. VoF + Supportive + Lily's Poise is no joke man.

Dread Fighter Beruka has quick access to the Raider Knife to abuse her personal, so she stays useful until I hit the Valla arc.

on Rev no grind runs I make an exception for Laslow as far as buying skills go, so he's pretty clutch too.

Camilla's saved my ass more times than I can count on Conquest and Revelations, to the point that she's my most useful sibling (Xander and Ryoma are great and have nice weapons, but aren't available as early, plus, FLYING)

If I need someone to die, I can always count on Charlotte (Certain Blow+Death Blow+Great Club=CRITS (she doesn't even need gamble for most enemies to hit 100% crit rate))

Camilla!Velouria's also amazing for being durable, fast, and strong

Kagero!Shiro packs a punch and is surprisingly durable

Ougi/10

Ryoma aside, Rinkah is a good nuclear tank that both takes no (physical) damage and oneshots things. Saizo is also usually excellent (except that time where he got stat screwed thanks Saizo) being able to properly run hybrid mage.

On Conquest it's basically the Corn/Cam/Xander show all the fucking time

Edited by Thor Odinson

In my playthrough there where plenty of characters that worked well for me, Corrin, Ryoma, Azure makes a great Great Lord, I think the character that stood out the most is Takumi. The weapon he comes equipped with is really powerful and makes him mobile, his high skill stat makes him trigger attack skill % all the time.

Felicia!Dwyer and Scarlet!Kana have been my MVP units, especially in endgame. I decided to S Support the two, and that only improved how well the two work together. Malig!Kana and Strat!Dwyer are what they are at the moment, but I'm considering reclassing Kana to a Strategist, due to my lack of healers.

Birthright - Setsuna (Sniper), Selkie (Ninetails), Oboro (Spearmaster), Ryoma (Swordsmaster), Rhajat (Witch), Felicia (Maid), Caeldori (Great Lord)

Conquest - Kamui (Paladin), Ophelia (Witch), Nina (Bow Knight), Odin (Grandmaster), Sophie (Hero)

Revelations - Mozu (Dark Falcon), Kamui (Witch), Elise (Malig Knight), Caeldori (Hero), Benny (Great Knight), Odin (Swordsmaster), Kana (Dark Knight)