Moniker plays HALB: Team Hardcore Heroes

Finally got caught up on this. Nice to see that Fado has his priorities straight (90% speed and 50% are pretty good growths for what are pretty much inarguably the most important stats), but he'll likely need some secret books to be anything resembling a reliable damage dealer. Since Ephraim's an axe user, the low strength isn't that big of a deal, but he'd likely need secret books to be useful. Had I been around for the poll, I would have voted for cheating with Nightmare, which as anyone who's read my GhebSaga LP can see, I'm not above doing myself. Granted, I've mainly just used it to buff underpowered characters so far, rather than get out of any difficult situations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got caught up on this. Nice to see that Fado has his priorities straight (90% speed and 50% are pretty good growths for what are pretty much inarguably the most important stats), but he'll likely need some secret books to be anything resembling a reliable damage dealer. Since Ephraim's an axe user, the low strength isn't that big of a deal, but he'd likely need secret books to be useful. Had I been around for the poll, I would have voted for cheating with Nightmare, which as anyone who's read my GhebSaga LP can see, I'm not above doing myself. Granted, I've mainly just used it to buff underpowered characters so far, rather than get out of any difficult situations.

I'd still rather use Seth, simply due to the fact that I've already been using him and he has an odd tendency to crit more often than statistically probable. In other words, I would use Fado, if I was smart.

Time to finally finish this chapter in...

HALB: Episode 13: Chapter 12: Part 3??: Moving Fast

(Again, apologies if the images seem a bit out-of-order. Still trying to figure out Imgur Beta.)

TOQy6fw.png

This is where we left off many days ago. With any luck, we'll get there before the main groups of enemies.

LsV5lBL.png

The allies appear okay, but who knows how long that will last.

NaaYTL5.png

I've been using Myrrh too much this chapter. Of course, it won't matter if I use the Tower to level-grind.

Speaking of which, I'm torn on the subject. Using the tower will burn more update time and increase the space between updates. On the other hand, I might have to do it a little, because my units suck a lot and the enemies are getting crazier every chapter. I'll probably do a little bit, and show you all my levels in a special update soon.

F9xjYUC.png

I almost forgot about the ballista! Are things going to be thrown back into chaos!? Is everyone going to die again!?

pzF01uc.png

Thankfully, Fado, despite being a zombie, is smart enough to utilize protective terrain and heal. We have a few more turns, but this just makes me remember; I can't afford to slow down now.

9LNmceH.png

What were the stats of this again?

8kxmRFD.png

Ah, weird. Just like normal.

You know, maybe I should take a more positive outlook on my units! In a randomized run, you have to focus on positives, not negatives! Let's try it!

M6VwB3h.png

Well, Ross is... fast... and a bit skillful?? Plenty of HP?? Trying to find something nice to say here!

pvjyGEV.png

Cormag is dealing a pathetically tiny amount of damage. I mean, so is the bandit, but that's because Hand Axes suck. The Shadowkiller is a good weapon, and Cormag STILL is only scratching the enemies with it.

5k11Zlx.png

See this? This is the one and only reason why Seth gets to hang around.

NKYF7NL.png

Okay, gotta say something nice... Forde is... defensively oriented.

HMelC4p.png

No, wait! What the heck, Marisa!? 20 HP was enough to keep you going! Why the heck would you retreat and leave the much weaker Neimi to handle things?

Looks like the green position has less time than I thought!

L7SsH6F.png

The Javelin is Neimi's ONLY weapon. This would be so much easier if she had an Iron lance...

ejLizcP.png

*shakes fist*

FN3j7iP.png

*shakes fist more*

Granted, this puts Neimi out of dancer. However, in exchange...

MqKip2V.png

...the way to attack Fado is now wide open. We don't NEED him recruited, but I still want to do it on principle! Natasha, fly in and approach!

(CAN YOU SPOT THE MISTAKE?)

WHG4Ngt.png

(THERE IT IS, FOLKS! NOW MONIKER SUFFERS A "DO THE TURN OVER" PENALTY!)

7TgzZF4.png

Joshua, it's easy to find nice things to say about you. Not this level, but you! Your defense is impenetrable! Your strength is divine! Your speed is surprisingly alright! You resistance is actually beating out some of my other units! You keep going, you lovable knight lord!

AoaS2Oo.png

Seth is really good at chip damage! Of course, he can't be used to feed kills to others since he needs the EXP more often that not.

tsq46Tp.png

Garcia... you're... already said defensively oriented... ... you know what you're bad at and don't even TRY to improve! Since you suck in so many areas, putting anything there would be a wasted effort!

That was nice, right?

WYmrqJ9.png

Fado presumably gets his arms chopped off by this myrmidon, who is totally okay with getting close to a zombie. Don't you know what happens when those things bite you?!

2Ablk5m.png

Ross only does good damage using the Horseslayer, which is bad since it's almost broken.

kyKDNRe.png

I don't know what happened here. Did Myrrh hit herself? Maybe?

g58yPzc.png

Just when the first group was almost taken care of, too! Naturally! At least now Ephraim is recruitable.

MBf54K7.pngCZyB2DG.png

Instead of funneling through the mountain like they're SUPPOSED to, they split up instead! I guess this isn't entirely a bad thing as it lessens the effectiveness of the enemies as a whole, but, naturally, Ephraim went the opposite way of his recruiter, making things harder.

6WKTIaW.png

I just noticed. The Slim Sword is effective against horses! Weird!

880jky3.png

Cormag... you... you... can use a lockpick!

5P6Fq2R.pngpGcJI9v.pngZY3QeJ0.png

Okay, let's take a breather to celebrate! We have one less thing to worry about, and that's always a HUGE blessing!

ZvUvhe3.png

Take it, Seth! A new and slightly better weapon!

Okay, question time: Do you know who the most dangerous enemy in the group heading upwards earlier was? Is it:

1: The Critty Myrm?

2: The Powerful Ephraim?

3: The flyer-killing archer?

Think about your answers for a bit. Then, scroll down to see the solution:

PejUvo5.png

If you chose NUMBER 4: STUPID SLEEP STAFF PRIEST, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

LpTMOsP.png

I refuse, absolutely REFUSE to believe that Staves use the same Hit/Miss formula as other weapons. I've been nailed by far too many low-hit staves to think otherwise. I mean, at least vindicate me by saying they don't use True Hit!

fLAUEWT.png

Fun fact: You can rescuedrop people onto tiles they can't normally walk on! Must have something to do with 9 MOV. Seth will be fine.

xzN4zl9.png

I shouldn't have to be surprised at this "burst of luck", yet I am.

7MU5N3o.png

Gilliam, you're... specialized.

Ev8qqPK.pngFrhOX6D.png

Neimi was put to sleep earlier, so I have Natasha distract Ephraim for a bit.

JZIzH8i.pnglXDAXKg.png

Seth and this bandit crit each other.

vcz8Zkf.png

Finally! FINALLY! THANK YOU!

Everyone is accounted for! Most of the enemies are clear! All the allies recruited! Looks like we've finally, finally, FINALL-

mii4M0r.png

OH COME ON!

XgFWWbl.png

We have this ridiculously buff Falcoknight, and a ranger with some cavaliers in the plain.

*sigh* I should have known this chapter wasn't letting to that easy.

lFvfzC8.png

I make Neimi hang onto it.

mfe5aIZ.png

Okay! With Joshua, we've lured them up. Now, how do we deal with a large enemy group like this!

msGHIfr.png

STRIKE FOR THE HEART!

QjcQFvy.png

STRIKE FOR THE HEAD!

ftafyG8.png

With all of my good units pitching it, I give a very satisfying beatdown to that enemy cluster. Maybe we don't suck so much after all!

This lasts until I fight Pablo.

OlmIB1F.png

Huh??? What?!

VFMcNMN.png

Wow. Another example of the effects of 9 MOV: This archer gets a bigger range by walking and firing his longbow than by actually using his ballistae. It's crazy.

cMzdGG3.png

Natasha, this will not help against future archers.

uuMBCx5.png

And it almost happened AGAIN! What is wrong with me? At least Ballistae only have 3 uses in this crazy world!

anurTDC.png

MOVE IN!

FjuvZvC.png

DOUBLE REAVER!

ZEq1shF.png

Seth... I see in you... great potential!

42TBuOd.png

Finally... Finally. We've done it. Everyone's here and ready to take that weird Chinese-themed palace. Maybe we could have a Swordsmaster duel?

AKEcYon.png

Nope. Not happening!

Myrrh's incredible offensive capabilities are slowly being balanced out by her lacking defense, a flaw that has been continuously more crippling as we've moved through the chapters. Now I understand what the other LPers were saying about her.

OtJNMsm.png

After much experimentation, this is the best thing I can do short of throwing Joshua at him and hoping for the best. Garcia is facing effectiveness damage but so is Pablo!

BwYXmRo.png

Lute helps, but 3 of the HP generates back, so it doesn't really matter.

mT9V5BQ.pngzBTFC1g.png

Of course.

Alright, ONE MORE TRY and then we bring out Joshua!

F1kALRi.png

Yes...

39UZFap.pngbApVMk3.png

YES! Thank you!

wlXt63k.pngP5rbCKi.png

Finally! FINALLY! We did it! Chapter 12, or "The Nightmare Chapter" is DONE! 100%! All the way! Full-stop! I'm so happy! Thank you for all your help, people who gave me advice!

oOZV0Uy.png

Before we go, the MOUNTAIN HORSE strikes again!

sf9t4Se.png

NEXT TIME: 9 MOV messes everything up again

I haven't played the chapter yet, and the above sentence is just an educated guess

Congrats on making it through! \o/ That was definitely the hardest chapter overall, in my opinion, so hopefully you should be good from here on out.

congratz on making it, wish I could say that is the hardest chapter in this patch but....

I don't think the monsters can open the chests in chapter 11, can they?

hahahahahahaaha

ah

hahahahahahahahaha

congratz on making it, wish I could say that is the hardest chapter in this patch but....

hahahahahahaaha

ah

hahahahahahahahaha

I'm not laughing.

This is just a quick progress update, getting through Chapter 12 but I did some quick tower grinding:

xZ5CaDr.png

First off, MONEY! I do some shopping and get everyone's inventories in better shape.

93P7LRj.png

Also, Forde NEEDS this. I thought about saving it for Saleh, but concluded that this was better. Hopefully Forde might turn out to be something good now.

uQ6EUA5.png

We're off!

S1v5U5O.png

I mostly stuck to the first floor, with Gilliam getting some good skill and resistance. He's really going for that "powerful but slow/unskilled" angle.

Z8UDF26.png2cmYWdc.png

Cormag got 2 very similar levels. I don't expect him to be competent at doing anything but opening chests by the end of this.

s2DvxrT.png

Speaking of which, kudos to him for this. The boss of the first floor has a Shadowshot and it HURTS.

LruL29Z.png

Garcia's going to have serious problems if I don't give him energy rings.

kmpZQEE.png

I WILL MAKE HIM GREAT

6hHQFYV.png

SO GREAT

Tv7YBcx.pngZndwWET.png

I took a peek at the second floor, and saw this weaker-than-his-own minions boss. What a chump.

B23zyzF.png

Well, we've wasted enough time dilly-dallying.

NEXT TIME: Chapter 11 repeats(?)

Well, once again, sorry to leave you guys hanging for so long. I need your help with something, just look:

HALB: Episode 13: Chapter 12: Part 1: History Repeats

Looking back, I may have messed up the episode order somewhere...

kj1Mx2h.png

Today we go HERE!

Jm9TWED.png

Here's the team. Sadly, we're a member short since everyone sucks. Still haven't made it to Saleh...

kyYiMFc.png

Here's our formation. You know, "who goes where" gets much easier when all your units have the same MOV.

zUX7wIE.png

After starting the chapter, we have these losers chilling out down here:

uErfpSA.pngRvxj6ZS.png

Moulder seems pretty weak. He was on Eclipse's team, which sadly means even if he was strong we couldn't use him.

MOULDER'S GROWTHS:

HP: 80%

Strength: 20%

Skill: 10%

Speed: 40%

Luck: 25%

Defense: 25%

Resistance: 45%

Total: 245%

Wow. I mean, we've definitely seen worse, but this guy seriously qualifies for "master of none". He has no 0s in anything, something which is good in its own right for a hack like this, but I still wouldn't want to raise him from a wimpy level 3 to a major team fixture.

vykqKW7.pngupbRtwL.png

The Elder Bael is Knoll, and he's got some serious beef going for him. Also, we can use him! But SHOULD we?

KNOLL'S GROWTHS:

HP: 0%

Strength: 75%

Skill: 60%

Speed: 45%

Luck: 60%

Defense: 45%

Resistance: 55%

Total: 340%

You know what? He's got 40 base HP. I can excuse a 0, particularly when everything else is so good! Knoll looks like he's got serious potential. And with an infinite-use weapon which may or may not have some sort of special effect, what's not to love about a giant hairy spider like him?

Also, notice this. Due to the way the chapter's enemies are placed, a lot of enemies are going to attack Moulder and Knoll right from the start.

ohAG9Qi.pngZ3gDwcK.png

See this skeleton? He's level 10. Pretty tough. Just out of Moulder/Knoll's range, but a threat to our units.

eFGwuTo.pngXWHAuP7.png

And if you look at this one (I believe this is Klok "helping" us here), you'll see that he is in range of Moulder and Knoll, and his level is significantly lower. That will help the two of them survive until I get there!

It's not enough.

YJbvLsP.png

As usual when playing this chapter, I send one small team down south and one big team through the main entrance of the house. However, in the process, I spy today's boss:

0g88mMl.pngCQ0ovDj.png

His stats are bad, some of the worst we've seen so far. He isn't a threat to our units. No, it's worse than that. The Lockpicks part of his inventory, that's the problem.

COVH4hs.png

To start with, I'll have Joshua take the lead as we advance into the fog.

xrSBJLm.png

Nice, Forde! Way to use the Metis Tome! Do try to get some Pow soon, okay?

s8Qm0Jv.pngA9IneEz.png

With the bonewalkers weaked significantly, Moulder can one-shot them with his Shadowkiller in spite of 4 strength.

sGrUt3b.png

Don't know what you were thinking, guy.

ghUcnQL.png

OW!

And thus the problem here is revealed: The Mogalls. They deal tons of damage to Knoll, and double him!

Wm3rz4F.png

Moulder protects her from the one that came from inside the house. But I want you to keep and eye on these two next turn.

LeN1sLS.png

Hey! Buddy! Where are you going?

4dzkeRK.pngQ0dOrVm.png

Bleh. Actually, no, Lute's wasn't Bleh. It's just become my gut reaction whenever I see a level-up screen.

6Rs09Hk.png

Hey! Why do the enemies suddenly stand a chance against Moulder?

V2TfrOY.png

Ow! What the heck?

6PccxQQ.png

Notice 2 things about this screenshot:

1: Mr. Night was right to laugh sadly yet derisively. This stupid boss has the power and will to run around the map, snatching up every chest in sight and generally causing trouble, and there isn't much we can do about it.

2: Moulder moved down a square to protect Knoll from the Mogall.

This puts him in the range of a great number of enemies. Enemies that Klok didn't debuff, because just a minute ago, they weren't in range.

However, it's not Moulder I'm worried about. Oh no no no NO.

a2QE16O.png

It's KNOLL, who "heroically" moves to protect his buddy... down another square. Putting himself in range of EVEN MORE enemies.

Hik7ntZ.pngq8nMnw1.png

This is the third player turn, remember. Even moving at top speed, I can't make it in time.

Now, combine that on top of three factors:

XoYylUA.png

1: Knoll can easily dispatch any melee enemy that comes near, putting him in range of even more melee enemies (also, wyvern-killer weapon...)

uxs7yCv.png

2: Evil Eye is a brave weapon.

AWemPwn.png

3: There are many Mogalls near Knoll, who has pathetic resistance.

J26KjhC.png

4: Many, many tries later, this is all that happens.

And we're in a Chapter 11 scenario, AGAIN. Dangit!

Well guys, I have to ask for your help again. Last time, what initially seemed to be clear-cut impossible was doable with good tactics. And I don't want to make myself look stupid again by immediately assuming I must resort to Nightmare! Even with RNG abuse, Knoll is under fire from so MANY enemies it's almost impossible for him to survive. I actually restarted the chapter and tried again offscreen, just in case this was an odd contrivance of events, but no. The exact same things happened a second time!

So, if I NEED to, I'll buff up Knoll's resistance a few points, which would probably let him survive. But I'd like to ask you guys first! Other LPers who played this, what did you do against this crap?

Edited by TheMoniker

I don't even recall having an issue with protecting the NPCs in this chapter, to be honest. I sent Princess Joshua and a few strong units down the left side to power through quickly and recruit Moulder and Spider Knoll ASAP while the others cleaned up enemies from the other side. The biggest annoyance for me was the Rogue boss pilfering everyone's shit. Maybe put one of your top dudes in range of the Evil Eyes against the wall on the top-right to draw them away from attacking Spider Knoll? Here's my attempt if you want to see generally what I did.

klok gave a good hint to do it but my way is for when you can't do the strat he suggested so here is my strat.

Joshua + left path = dead shit. Have him backed by your strongest 2 ranger and you should be able to reach them right as the boss robs knoll for his heals. talk to mold to recruit knoll. While that is going on, it is important to bum rush the right side of with your high res units to draw most of the eyeballs over there. This is where myrhh fucking shines.

If your joshua can't forge through the left side like a hot knife through ice cream, train at the tower and promote.

Why does the Rogue boss have Lockpicks? That's like giving a Nosfertank the Sol skill.

No idea. It's not like they can be stolen. Granted, most of this hack was made by a randomizer.

How about bumrushing the South? Just blitz down the one path. Try it offscreen. Also, do you have any staff users and a Physic?

No staff users, none whatsoever. The frustration of each character we get not being a healer is building continuously.

I don't even recall having an issue with protecting the NPCs in this chapter, to be honest. I sent Princess Joshua and a few strong units down the left side to power through quickly and recruit Moulder and Spider Knoll ASAP while the others cleaned up enemies from the other side. The biggest annoyance for me was the Rogue boss pilfering everyone's shit. Maybe put one of your top dudes in range of the Evil Eyes against the wall on the top-right to draw them away from attacking Spider Knoll? Here's my attempt if you want to see generally what I did.

Well, glad to hear you had an easy time of it. Not sure why they keep dying for me.

Wait, what do you mean, Moulder's protecting her? Knoll's a guy...right?

Whoops. Got confused since L'arachel was in the original chapter. Though, here, Moulder would actually be the L'arachel in this equation... hmmm...

HALB: Episode 12: Chapter 11: Part 2: I Wish I Could Say I Thought of It, But Klok Tipped me Off

I look around my table. The lights are dim, and empty bottles of milk surround me.

Ugh... why... these hacks...

I used to be able to singlehandedly combat the ludicrosity of hacks such as Corrupt Theocracy... But now, it feels like I have to crumble and beg for help in the face of minor adversity...

Is there nothing I can do?? Is there... any... way... too... zzzzzz...

My milk-addled brain shuts off as I drift into a deep sleep...

FLASHBACK BEGIN

fLAUEWT.png

Fun fact: You can rescuedrop people onto tiles they can't normally walk on! Must have something to do with 9 MOV. Seth will be fine.

FLASHBACK END

*GASP*

T-THAT'S IT! I'VE GOT IT!

02Ynjhc.png

Can we do it?

b9RU26y.png

Yes... YES...

wGMPcmu.png

YES! IT'S GOING TO WORK!

AhoSKp9.pngT0RqjJw.pngYBT4pIq.png

eP5xKx7.png

Blah blah combat level blah, get to the good part!

AOIwfoo.png

YES! We did it! We had to use a glitch that wasn't hinted at or revealed to the player in any way, but we can successfully save these two without insane grinding or RNG abuse! Beautiful!

PVzBRoA.png

Okay, let's calm down a little, and watch Seth crit this guy.

w0XUXuu.png

I'm having the rest of the team advance like normal, but slower since we no longer have Joshua to throw himself up front.

IB0xZWp.png

I just have to hope nothing major comes from the right side and those two stay safe.

EmGFbwB.png

What an engagement.

uVi4B9m.png

Hey! I wanted that! Sadly, though I could off the boss right now, I have other things that need taking care of!

BmWsb7q.png

Knoll's moved into the position where he dies again, and it looks like he's all set up for his Turn 3 demise...

CEugqjJ.pngROoIU1C.png

NOT TODAY!

uYAcl4l.png

HAH! YES! MOVE AWAY! YOU'RE SURVIVING TONIGHT!

oMX8wQC.png5s5e6cz.png

Garcia and Forde(or is it Lute?) are going to hold off the enemies on the left. I only want them to cover the area though, not push ahead on their own. I'm suddenly happy I gave Garcia such a varied weapon assortment.

5l65x79.png

Cormag spots a major problem. These Mogalls are DEADLY now.

lXQExYn.png

I equipped the Lancereaver, forgetting about Iron Lances like an idiot. Come on!

51DJbBe.png

Moulder gains XP for this now. Sadly, using him at least a little was unavoidable.

R4kFflf.png

Despite Knoll being out of the way, Wyverns still approach.

RjCq4uN.png

Thankfully, Gilliam is so tanky even these guys have trouble hurting him!

1bX5tHR.png

Moulder, meanwhile, has no such luxury.

yKnoCLF.png

Okay, new plan, Knoll uses Rescue and we pray for the best.

mcFkEia.png

Phew! We should be okay!

P0fde3d.png

-NO WAIT DANGIT

S1tgp0y.png

Oh come ON! I'm not getting that back, am I?

JUiHvIT.png

Even with Joshua, the bottom is still having trouble, and both groups are out of reach. I'll have to keep everyone safe a while longer.

roJE1Q8.png

Knoll! Pull back!

(Looking back, I should have used a corner.

be3cfls.pngpaPlmSL.png

Joshua prevents "Monster" here from causing any more trouble.

nhQLqEy.pngoctxStP.pngXn2aDVS.png

What is there to say? These are pretty standard levels. I'm going to try to shorten my updates a bit by cutting all non-interesting levels.

s2O7mmg.png

The top group is almost there... come on, Joshua/Knoll! You can hang on a bit more!

Rpq1Dkf.png

Myrrh is WAY faster than you stupid dogs.

Pyh57i2.png

A surprising amount of wyverns fly at Joshua...

9QbyVRm.pngfayK32G.png

...Including a promoted one! But then I noticed why, at some point the skeleton popped open the door and now the monsters in the bottom are entering the house.

brXa0QG.png

Defense cap!

AB79Vs8.png

Sadly, Joshua's resistance is seriously lacking.

zx6rgTe.png

And then, just as suddenly as the chaos began, it looks like it's over. Everyone somehow survived.

RxMmZb9.png

I try to get Knoll some training, but apparently he didn't WANT any.

cutRqJt.png

Well, we did lose an Elixir to the boss. However, he didn't even take one of the chests!

QU2zddj.png

This is the last guy left. Thankfully, he's too lazy to move and attack us himself.

ovY4HNg.pnggfcit0A.png

Both of these are good!

BAikQm9.png

And we are DONE!

5ADSDTI.png

Hey! L'Arachel, you didn't help at all!

Zt6suIZ.png

EirikaGlen comes and gets all suspicious...

ReHOFJ4.png

And then Valter comes in and attacks him with a bow! At 1 range! WHO DOES THAT? He really IS mad!

S93MbuO.pngnVgIBQg.pngOZGJNTt.png

kIKhpfe.png

It goes about as well as you would expect.

VvadOvd.png

NEXT TIME: So... this was the chapter Saleh was going to join? Please, let it be true...

Time to get something much, much needed in...

HALB: Episode 13: Chapter 12: FINALLY!

jjGoFb3.png

Things are already off to a bad start, as I realize I don't get a map screen in-between the last chapter and this one. No more tower grinding, not yet anyways.

4dFeLiE.png

Looks like a lot of enemies. Wait, who's the new girl?

M0pYKOC.png

A female sage...

BTQQyQU.pngc51WLgP.png

With very prepromote stats, but more importantly...

WL8IucH.png

STAFF LEVEL!

FINALLY! Unless you used tower grinding to promote healers, this is your first chance at ANYONE with a staff rank. Also, she can use every school of magic for some reason, but WHO CARES? There's only one of these things I'm going to be using her for, even if it means carting her around!

...Oh, right. Growths.

VANESSA'S GROWTHS:

HP: 110%

Magic: 15%

Skill: 80%

Speed: 60%

Luck: 5%

Defense: 25%

Resistance: 50%

Total: 345%

I mean, she's hardly BAD, but with bases like that I have doubts in her ability to become more than a weak healer, since most of that big growth total is in HP.

Now, to get out some of my staves. She doesn't come any, so let's dig in the convoy and-

eE4lDh1.png

-CURSE MY LACK OF FORESIGHT!

In retrospect, I forgot that FE8 let the convoy sell very basic items at a vastly inflated price. I could've used that shop to grab a heal, but I didn't think to do so.

*sigh* anyways...

5JMa866.png

Up ahead, we can see a Bonewalker, but... who is it? If the tips others have given are to be believed, it's... it's... we'll see.

JFY39x1.png

So, let's guess how 9 MOV affects THIS chapter! For one, it means our march through the winding path will have to go a bit faster than normal.

wBDE0ZW.png

It's nice to have a spider of my own, and he can move fairly quickly across all the mountains.

9E8fWdE.png

Oh, hey, the Sharp Claw is good against either flying, wyverns, or all monster units. I can't tell. Hah.

w7Q6f9v.png

We immediately have to move down, because we're in the range of these brave-attack JERKS right from the start!

MRLHvcH.png

But moving down comes with its own problems! Thankfully, I manage to keep most everybody out of TOO much danger.

F85pVgB.pngBDv7N3M.png

But, despite my perfect planning, THIS happens. Yeah, I'm calling crap here.

G2pv93w.png

Why don't you try critting this guy!? Huh!? HUH!!!?

IMymx9S.png

I'm just happy that Gilliam, at least, has the resistance necessary to stay safe against these guys.

1GqmmAH.pngn09O6ka.png

I have Knoll pull ahead of the rest of my army, ready to wreack havoc against unsuspecting physical-based enemies.

oyQNtWl.png

Die, fools, die!

VbvUjoV.pnggFxPQzM.png

In doing so, however, I cross an invisible line allowing monsters to advance, and attracted the ire of an evil eye enemy. Thankfully, the dodge boost from the mountains really helps Knoll out here.

K63WwQM.png

Right now, it looks like we pretty much have the bottom covere-

MlpyF5Q.png95uhdKF.png

Oh, gee, almost forgot about you guys. Never mind.

ZmqNhje.png

Okay, Myrrh, lure 'em out so I can give others the EXP!

0f5UCdy.png

Good news: Myrrh lured them out!

Bad news: Myrrh killed them all.

zFZqZ9D.png

Now that we're drawing a bit closer to the boss, I realize I've never actually looked at her.

wxeYUY3.pngUtGQOF8.png

She's... weak. Like, super weak.

6rpMVmT.png

Forde holds the back line, ready to make use of that Metis tome I gave him.

cmlet2a.png

HE'LL BECOME GREAT

lK9K4Gq.png

We've reached the middle now, and are more-or-less still all together. Granted, it's pretty hard to get separated in this map.

6WHWwPa.png

Come out, new character! Show yourself!

BU5yoSI.png

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Well, let's take a look.

yThei9q.pngOtkzWFX.pngrNTHhb4.png

The stats don't LOOK that great, but they're actually really good for a level 1 unit. But, we all know that base stats here aren't what really matters:

Saleh's growths:

HP: 60%

Strength: 40%

Skill: 0%

Speed: 80%

Luck: 30%

Defense: 65%

Resistance: 50%

Total: 325%

It's... AMAZING! No crippling overspecializations, in a surprisingly well-rounded growth set with skill as its only real weakness (and, I mean, who on this team DOESN'T have skill as a weakness?). And remember, 39 levels of growing room! I can't NOT train him, so I'm going to make him the best unit on the team. Better than Joshua-ness, here we come!

b2lcKxt.png

Now then, to get started on training! You will do, you foolish enemy!

B7cGUjF.png

Okay... NOW to get started on the road to-

UanrXXw.png

DANGIT! It's these slow bones, just one-

RMEA4yi.png

STAND STILL!

RMEA4yi.png

GAH! OKAY, THIS TIME, THIS TIME-

RMEA4yi.png

*computer goes out window*

8OA5Hbz.png

Okay, jokes aside... NOW we start training!

6GKixyJ.png

I cross another line, triggering a last batch of enemies to spawn and come my way.

3dMQfGH.pngJKlWEvH.png

I continue slaughtering these horrible, disgusting monsters, and absorb their strength into my own units.

a97mA08.png

Fools. Knoll is not pleased with you.

(That has got to be the weirdest gargoyle animation frame I've ever seen.)

4zrEDBy.png

Knoll gets a level. Bad start.

qq31nED.png

Saleh will kill EVERYONE.

wGHy2UT.pngitKOCB7.pnguNhue8X.png

He even has magic make-the-enemies-attacks-hurt-themselves powers.

KJPhLjP.pnglRlx9yV.png

MANY HEALSTAFF GET

This makes me VERY happy.

09iBiKK.png

If this keeps up, Saleh will be just as amazing as I say he is!

X4SKGba.png

It's been SO LONG since I've been able to randomly heal 1 HP wounds for no reason! I'm so glad to be able to do it again!

KBaYzye.png

What's that? "Her class is specifically designed to kill his?" NONSENSE!

3a04nbz.pngR5Qj8Nv.png

NOTHING SHALL STAND IN MY WAY!

k7AANVz.png

I just kill one more of these utterly atrocious creatures, and we're through.

KSn6qSh.png

NEXT TIME: Tower grinding, because chapter 13 is going to be a tough one.