Who do you think is the best villain in the series?

Who do you think is the best villain in the series?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best villain

• Medeus
    • Duma
    • Rudolf
    • Judah
    • Hardin
    • Arvis
    • Julius
    • Manfroy
    • Raydrik
    • Veld
    • Zephiel
    • Nergal
    • Lyon
    • Fomortis
    • Ashnard
    • Izuka
    • Lekain
    • Sephiran
    • Gangrel
    • Walhart
    • Validar
    • Grima
    • Garon
    • Anankos

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyon for sure, so much so that he's one of my favorite characters in the entire series. He's an amazing tragic villain. I love his backstory a lot, and just him as a character. Nergal and Zephiel are great as well, and I really like Arvis, but Lyon edges them out.

Alvis. Comes across as both diabolical and pitiable in the same game. I've never liked Lyon as much as him.

Edited by Tryhard

Hardin

Zephiel and Alvis come close for their motivations, and I like Medeus because I think his backstory is the best among the non-human final bosses

Edited by Gradivus.

Zephiel is my favorite.

Arvis and Hardin come close too.

Lyon was an odd one for me. I liked him early on, but then came his minions like Valter and Selena who are much more interesting imo.

Sephiran. I never thought he'd be a villain in RD when I player PoR. And he joins the cast so what else? I'd say Nergal/Ashnard are second. Alvis is also a good one.

No Travant? smh

Also where's my man Gharnef, he's the best token evil guy, suck it Manfroy.

Probably out of someone on the list, Alvis or Lyon. I iike Trabant the best though.

It was a tough call between Lyon and Hardin. I so wish they could be saved. I ended up going with Hardin. Honorable mentions go to Arvis, Zephiel, Nergal, Lehran, Walhart, and Gangrel.

No Black Knight option? I'll vote for Zephiel then, his motivations are insane and he's a total asshole, yet his backstory is so tragic you still feel sympathy for him. Lyon is not too far behind.

Lyon aside this is a rather close one. About all the big name villains have the same three votes as of now.

Its a tie between Nergal and Alvis for me but I gave the vote to Nergal because he probably needs it more. To often he's described as just a generic evil mage.

And he is to be sure but Nergal's strengt does not lie in his archetype. But out of all the Fire emblem villains he is the one who creates a very personal enmity with the heroes, his presence is felt and his powers are showed and explained. The only other Fire emblem villain who has that going for him is the Black Knight. To often Fire emblem villains just show up once and and remain in their castle for the rest of the game. Nergal regulatory meets with the heroes and gives them every reason to hate him.

I wouldn't say Nergal's back story is all that unique but the way its handled is. I can't think of any other villain who's more sympathetic motivation is completely unknown to everyone involved, even the ones it directly applies to.

Alvis is a good combination of a villain who is easy to hate but who is also very sympathetic. His methods are evil but his goal is very noble. Alvis is special among his kind of villains. The well intended extremist villain is no longer rare but I don't know anyone but Alvis who won and ensured his victory had positive results for the world. Its only for a time but both Levin and the narrator point out that the early empire was a golden age until the lopt sect started bringing it all down.

From the list, Alvis

but really where's my man Travant

I think they were trying to only include primary antagonists, as in, either the Big Bad, the guy you think is the Big Bad at first, and/or the guy who is second to the Big Bad but is more prominent. I'm curious why Gharnef, The Black Knight, and

Ashera

aren't on the list though.

I think they were trying to only include primary antagonists, as in, either the Big Bad, the guy you think is the Big Bad at first, and/or the guy who is second to the Big Bad but is more prominent. I'm curious why Gharnef, The Black Knight, and

Ashera

aren't on the list though.

Gharnef/BK: Yay, I forgot, hate me plz

Ashera isn't even a villain, she's just royally pissed