Who do you think is the best villain in the series?

Who do you think is the best villain in the series?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best villain

• Medeus
    • Duma
    • Rudolf
    • Judah
    • Hardin
    • Arvis
    • Julius
    • Manfroy
    • Raydrik
    • Veld
    • Zephiel
    • Nergal
    • Lyon
    • Fomortis
    • Ashnard
    • Izuka
    • Lekain
    • Sephiran
    • Gangrel
    • Walhart
    • Validar
    • Grima
    • Garon
    • Anankos

Is Lyon actually considered a villain? He has good intentions and the "bad Lyon" is just Fomortiis manipulating/controlling him. I'd go with Lyon, but I don't really see him as "evil". So I guess I'll just go with Fomortiis...

Play the game as Ephraim. They make the level of free will and villainous intentions from him much more murky on that route.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Ashnard for being a good blend of outright evil and an ideaologist (in this case Social Darwinism) at the same time. But I voted for Sephiran because there is just something I find fascinating about villains who have lived an unnaturally long lifespan and had to witness humanity in some of its worst moments.

I cast my vote for Sephiran. Don't get me wrong, Lyon is a solid entity and a tragic figure, being so desperate that he started messing with things he shouldn't have. But to me, Sephiran is much more tragic for a lot of reasons that have already been listed. He's had to carry on with the knowledge that he's lost everything due to his long life. Then when he loses his people too, it's just the straw that broke the camel's back. Yet, even though he's trying to destroy the world and himself by extension, it's clear he's not unfeeling. He still loves Sanaki as if she were his own daughter. Well, you know what I mean. He's carried a burden that no one can bear, not even him.

To me, that's such a sad thought, and I find it truly unique in the Fire Emblem world.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, my favorite types of villains are the tragic types, so I was pressed into picking Lyon, Sephiran, or Arvis, but I went ahead with Arvis because... of what he did in Part 1 of FE4. >:/

• 3 weeks later...

Sephiran for me. I personally like villains with reasonable explanations as to why they do what they do, villains who aren't heartless and are actually sympathetic, villains who are manipulative, and villains who come off as calm and collected. He really fit the bill for me. But I also just think he's a really good character, and I totally felt for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Formortiis --- Design only.

Otherwise.

Travant/Valter/Caellach.

Oh that guy from TR Saga: Gwenchaos

Edited by Ryuke

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure about Jugdral or Tellius, but outside of them, Zephyr. He is probably one of the few major villains that relied less on superpowers (Okay he's got dragons, but other armies from the series also had them too.), and more on his political leadership (and, implicitly, his management of the Bernese economic-military complex) to mobilize the entire Bernese army, find supporters elsewhere to try sabotaging Roy's campaign, and ravage the whole continent.

Edited by henrymidfields