To be brutally honest, I really don't like Fire Emblem. MOD ADDITION: not sure why i haven't deleted this but there may be fates spoilers inside

[spoiler=MODEDIT: somebody bitched about fates spoilers]I've been waiting a long time to say this, but alas, this might get me permabanned

I don't like Fire Emblem. Why? Very simple. Three reasons. Look at the game. Fire Emblem Fates. Jesus christ, it is the most depraved, disturbing, fucked up Nintendo game ever made, and I wonder why Intelligent Systems would make such a game. Especialy with Takumi turning into a zombie and Ryoma's death 0_0 . Also with the implied incest and such. Now this type of subject matter, for a Nintendo game, just alienates me. Also Niles. Just Niles. Just his mere existence is a strong contributor to my newfound dislike of FE. I am not homophobic, but what comes out of his mouth is just, well cringeworthy. Simple, it just alienates me. If this were an Atlus game released on the PS Vita, I would be fine. The game just crosses lines that shouldn't be crossed by any Nintendo game. The ludicrous, almost criminal amounts of fanservice in Fates is what really bothers me.

If I am correct, I have heard that Fire Emblem, as a whole, is really hard. Even on Phoenix mode. I have played hard games such as Super Mario Sunshine, but I have heard that FE is harder than Zelda.

Now the fanbase, one of the biggest contributors to my newfound dislike of Fire Emblem. To make this clear, Anime and Nintendo do not mix. But my god, the FE fanbase is full of some of the worst people you can find on the internet. Many, if not, most FE fans, (please do not judge me) seem to be just morbidly obsessed with anime to a point that it really bothers me. A lot of the users here are just weird. Just weird. A lot of the people here are of the 90's loving, Nirvana-listening type that inhabit the inner city neighborhoods of Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco, which is a demographic that really alienates me. To be specific, the behavior of the users on r/fireemblemcasual just, well, is at a level of foolishness unprecedented for the internet. Also the memes going around r/fireemblem ( "Anime was a mistake" ) just, really annoy me.

You did this, Intelligent Systems, and the beloved Fire Emblem fanbase. Thank you for making this happen. If my dislike of FE holds, this will be my last post for a while.

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah this definitely isn't permaban material

there are plenty of people on sf who also share your thoughts and have been for a while. i'm not really a huge fan of the series' direction, but i do enjoy the games, so it doesn't really matter to me ¯\( )/¯

(also imo you should tag the spoilers in your post)

Tbh I've yet to figure out if he's really serious or just a troll (I'm leaning towards troll), but I never thought I'd see him leak outside of reddit.

Tbh I've yet to figure out if he's really serious or just a troll (I'm leaning towards troll), but I never thought I'd see him leak outside of reddit.

Zim, I am just stating in a non-incendiary, not-threatening way, the reason why I do not like Fire Emblem.

If you don't like Fire Emblem and you aren't just trolling then why on Earth are you on a Fire Emblem fan forum?

EDIT: Not saying you should leave, it just puzzles me.

Edited by The Geek

If you don't like Fire Emblem and you aren't just trolling then why on Earth are you on a Fire Emblem fan forum?

EDIT: Not saying you should leave, it just puzzles me.

The reason why I am here is because I made an account when I wanted to "get into" Fire Emblem. Now I want to get "out" of it. I need an exit strategy. Getting into Fire Emblem was a big mistake.

Edited by kirby9612

I need an exit strategy.

It's called "The exit's over there, don't let the door hit you on the way out."

If you don't like it, especially the community aspect, then leave said community, simple as that.

Ain't like anybody's gonna miss ya.

It's called "The exit's over there, don't let the door hit you on the way out."

If you don't like it, especially the community aspect, then leave said community, simple as that.

Ain't like anybody's gonna miss ya.

People like you are what is alienating me from Fire Emblem.

Edited by kirby9612

People like you is what alienates me from Fire Emblem.

She could have worded it better but she has a point. If you wanted to leave then why didn't you just leave?

disliking the series because of Niles is a really flimsy thing

as is stereotyping the entire audience of FE because that totally isn't weird

I mean, feel free to dislike the series' direction. No one's stopping you. But our reasoning is pretty poor and it's really annoying how you say that everything out of Niles' mouth is cringeworthy. Flirty people exist and will exist for the rest of time. People can accept flirty women, but it seems that the same gesture is not passed to people like Niles.

EDIT: anime and Nintendo certainly do mix

that Pichi-Hime anime special for Mario

Kirby Right Back at Ya

Pokemon

F-Zero whatever it's called

Bayonetta Bloody Fate

Fire Emblem OVA

Palutena's Revolting Dinner

Those are all anime series based on properties close to Nintendo. Of note is that anime is purely animation and as such, FE is not anime right now. Xenoblade has a similar type of style but has never had an animated adaptation so it cannot be anime

Edited by Ms. Bunch

Pretty much every series has a bad fandom, you can't really escape that. Sorry that Serenes wasn't your cup of tea.

Theres quite a number of great people here, but I can understand not liking the series direction, although I'm not sure why you want to start drama about leaving when you could have just disappeared if you didn't like this place so much -shrugs-

But who am I to judge.

The Fire Emblem fanbase strongly reminds me of the Touhou fanbase mixed in with the worst parts of the Five Nights At Freddy's fanbase. The people that like Fire Emblem bear little or no resemblance to your average Nintendo fan.

Edited by kirby9612

Look you're entitled to your opinions man. My issue with this post it's not taging Fates spoilers.

But I have to ask. If you don't like Fire Emblem, why are you on the Forum? I only ask because of curiosity

I liked it before, Now I don't like it.

But Nintendo has always been anime, just old school anime.

Read my lips: Nintendo has never been anime. Mario and Zelda have never looked "anime". there are no anime tropes in most Nintendo characters EXCEPT for Fire Emblem. What I mean is that Nintendo has never been associated with Anime in the way Atlus has.

Edited by kirby9612

that's certainly not true

Pokemon has a pretty similar fanbase.

You also listed two really typical rabid fanbases. Those are incredibly common. Sonic, Kingdom Hearts, Undertale, Smash Bros, MLP, Steven Universe, Pokemon, Touhou, Doctor Who, and other things I'm forgetting are part of a recent movement of horrible fanbases popping up for big series. Like it or not, Fire Emblem has more internet fans that anything Nintendo but Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing. AC's fanbase is about as tempermental as the series itself, while Mario and Zelda fans can be overly fickle for little reason.

If anything, more series should have fanbases like FE. People actually like the games, which is something stuff like Zelda can't always claim.

The Fire Emblem fanbase strongly reminds me of the touhou fanbase mixed in with the worst parts of the Five Nights At Freddy's fanbase. The people that like Fire Emblem bear little or no resemblance to your average Nintendo fan.

You also listed two really typical rabid fanbases. Those are incredibly common. Sonic, Kingdom Hearts, Undertale, Smash Bros, MLP, Steven Universe, Pokemon, Touhou, Doctor Who, and other things I'm forgetting are part of a recent movement of horrible fanbases popping up for big series. Like it or not, Fire Emblem has more internet fans that anything Nintendo but Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing. AC's fanbase is about as tempermental as the series itself, while Mario and Zelda fans can be overly fickle for little reason.

If anything, more series should have fanbases like FE. People actually like the games, which is something stuff like Zelda can't always claim.

Edit: Nintendo is highly anime. F-Zero is Kamen Rider. Kirby is highly kawaii. Pokemon has a long running anime. Ocarina of Time's artstyle screams anime. Kid Icarus and Xenoblade have very anime-esque artstyles. I think your idea of Nintendo is poorly skewed towards maybe three different serieses. This is actually a major issue.

Edit 2: oops I multi quoted but who cares.

Still, Atlus has no anime series about their games funnily enough. Nintendo series have tons of other games with anime adaptations. You have a very tunnel vision idea of anime.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

Edit: Nintendo is highly anime. F-Zero is Kamen Rider. Kirby is highly kawaii. Pokemon has a long running anime. Ocarina of Time's artstyle screams anime. Kid Icarus and Xenoblade have very anime-esque artstyles. I think your idea of Nintendo is poorly skewed towards maybe three different serieses. This is actually a major issue.

What you just said is one of the exact reasons why I now strongly dislike Fire Emblem. Tying Nintendo to Anime.

Also the memes going around r/fireemblem ( "Anime was a mistake" ) just, really annoy me.

uh

anime was a mistake has existed for years

anyway, to be equally brutally honest

no one gives a shit that you don't like this video game lol

so do you also dislike Animal Crossing? F-Zero? Kid Icarus? Xenoblade? Kirby? Pokemon?

This can go on infinitely.

Your idea of anime is hentai. Sorry to say this, but it's flat out wrong. Anime is diverse and is not hentai.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamtaro

This is an anime. If FE makes you think of this, that's a positive thing.

so do you also dislike Animal Crossing? F-Zero? Kid Icarus? Xenoblade? Kirby? Pokemon?

This can go on infinitely.

Your idea of anime is hentai. Sorry to say this, but it's flat out wrong. Anime is diverse and is not hentai.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamtaro

This is an anime. If FE makes you think of this, that's a positive thing.

This one time, going around r/fireemblem, I saw this weird crossover of Camilla and this Fairy Tail character. Seriously, WTF?

Fire Emblem reminds me of some korean-made war melodrama

Edited by kirby9612

Nintendo always had an anime style, just look at Zelda and Pokemon. They have an anime style.

And if you think this game is depraved, and Nintendo shouldn't have sexual and provocative things, you must have never played Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That game has certain provocative things...

And there sexual implications in Pokemon as well, like in Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.

Remember the two girls at New Mauville?

And if Ryoma's death was so gruesome, again play Ocarina of Time, there's a certain well and certain temple, with, certain "things" that have much more brutal implications.

And what about Majora's Mask?

That game has a lot of messed up stuff!

Still, Atlus has no anime series about their games funnily enough. Nintendo series have tons of other games with anime adaptations. You have a very tunnel vision idea of anime.

i am 100% sure i've seen a "Persona 4: The Animation" before