To be brutally honest, I really don't like Fire Emblem. MOD ADDITION: not sure why i haven't deleted this but there may be fates spoilers inside

I've been waiting a long time to say this, but alas, this might get me permabanned

I don't like Fire Emblem. Why? Very simple. Three reasons. Look at the game. Fire Emblem Fates. Jesus christ, it is the most depraved, disturbing, fucked up Nintendo game ever made, and I wonder why Intelligent Systems would make such a game. 1.Especialy with Takumi turning into a zombie and Ryoma's death 0_0. 2. Also with the implied incest and such. Now this type of subject matter, for a Nintendo game, just alienates me. 3. Also Niles. Just Niles. Just his mere existence is a strong contributor to my newfound dislike of FE. I am not homophobic, but what comes out of his mouth is just, well cringeworthy. Simple, it just alienates me. If this were an Atlus game released on the PS Vita, I would be fine. The game just crosses lines that shouldn't be crossed by any Nintendo game. The ludicrous, almost criminal amounts of 4. fanservice in Fates is what really bothers me.

If I am correct, I have heard that 5. Fire Emblem, as a whole, is really hard. Even on Phoenix mode. I have played hard games such as Super Mario Sunshine, but I have heard that FE is harder than Zelda.

Now 6. The Fanbase, one of the biggest contributors to my newfound dislike of Fire Emblem. To make this clear, Anime and Nintendo do not mix. But my god, the FE fanbase is full of some of the worst people you can find on the internet. Many, if not, most FE fans, (please do not judge me) seem to be just morbidly obsessed with anime to a point that it really bothers me. To be specific, the behavior of the users on r/fireemblemcasual just, well, is at a level of foolishness unprecedented for the internet. Also the memes going around r/fireemblem ( "Anime was a mistake" ) just, really annoy me.

You did this, Intelligent Systems, and the beloved Fire Emblem fanbase. Thank you for making this happen. If my dislike of FE holds, this will be my last post for a while.

1. Whats so wrong about that? "Zombie" Takumi, is mild to near negligible if that's your idea of zombies. I mean, if we want to to talk about ACTUAL zombies in FE, you have the deadlords of FE4-5, legit MONSTERS in FE8 (and iirc, a draco zombie[?]. Correct me if I'm wrong), and Risen in FE13, which are heavily inferred, if not confirmed zombies just by looking at them, and you're worried about a "zombie" Takumi, that's more possessed in both mind and body, if anything?

If Ryoma's death scene is that intense for you, thats on you.

2. This, while it isn't the first its happened (FE4. 13 as well if you go out of your way to do so), I can't entirely hold against you, but it is avoidable. And its not like its thrown into your face.

3. To have one singular character, a SIDE CHARACTER at that, be a reason to axe an entire series, even if you loathe him with that much, is pretty extreme.

4. With the direction the past 2 games have gotten, I'll give you this one, but at the same time, the game play innovations have only been getting better.

5. Well I mean... do keep in mind that its a strategy game, unlike those examples you've given, which makes it an unfair comparison. If strategy isn't your strong suit then I suppose that explains where some of the difficulty comes from, but that can be overcome once you get accustomed. All in all, that's your choice, however

6. While I agree that the fanbase can be, (if not IS already) shitty, that can be avoided easily by just distancing yourself from the fanbase, really. For example, those that know me are aware that I'm a HUGE fan of the Kingdom Hearts series. While that is undeniable, I don't go around on the internet nerd raging over it, or anything about it that I like or don't like. Heck sometimes I don't even notice the bad points until someone points it out. Likewise, I'm more or less oblivious to how bad the fanbase can be. This apples to FE as well, as a person who started the series with Shadow Dragon, which is generally received as one of the worst, if not THE worst for being a bad remake. Even if what they're saying is right, doesn't stop me from enjoying it for what it is, instead of how it is generally seen by everyone else. Whenever I hear the complaint that "X thing is so anime" it sounds more akin to that people just don't want to associate their self with the negative connotations that anime has, which imo is kind of shallow. If thats what the issue is, you could always just.... keep it to yourself? IDK, but I can't help what you may or may not be into.

* note to Ms. Bunch

the drawing was a lewd one.

This is what I mean by staying away from fanbases.

Point being, just do you. Let the fanbase burn for all you care and just casually enjoy what you like, but if even that isn't enough, or such nitpicks (whether well deserved or not) mean that much to you, then oh well.

**DISCLAIMER** Apologies if some of my explanations don't quite make sense and is just mere rambles. Studying for finals got me fried

EDIT: Oh.... so I took all that time to type this out for nothing. GG me

Edited by Hero-King

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that escilated quickly

well I've been on the internet long enough to spot a troll 2 miles away

the way it responds just screams that

usually Integrity would be here now to make some kind of sick remark

Edited by Captain Karnage

I'm honestly surprised this isn't locked.

But seriously, all fandoms are rabid, it's just an unfortunate order of things. I'm a Touhou fan and the occasionally... ah... very lewd fandom does not hamper my enjoyment of the series in the slightest.

The other thing is you're free to like and dislike whatever you like. For the most part people will just not give a shit, and if they do they're probably a 13-year-old who hasn't learned to accept the diversity of human opinion yet.

this might get me permabanned

hilariously, op was right, since i've told him not to troll repeatedly.

oh well, some people i guess, right?

oh yeah anyway since op is banned now on account of many repeated cases of shitposting (he had 60 warn points as of this thread and that's just the unexpired ones) i guess i can lock this

oh yeah and to karnage and to bump my own sick post count i was busy with my nihongo lessons and locking the barn up and various sick alpha things, sorry it took me so long