The Static Sprites of a Fool

Yoshthethird

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also here's my Awakening inspired Priest/Cleric remake

r4YtC79.gif

I also redid the first post to showcase all my sprites I've posted here all together.  Not that that matters to everyone who's already seen all the sprites but whatever.

My Hero animation is almost done, but I got distracted again and worked on something else.

52x0Hrx.png

Just some stills, it's the Master of Arms from Fates, one of my favorite classes.  It uses Great Lord Hector as a base, but I'd really like to make a full custom animation of it.

Finally have the Hero animation made,

an1KOMx.gif

I wouldn't say it's 100 percent done, but I wanted to get it out before I go to work.  It's mostly a reskin of Hector's animation, with the return flip being mostly the vanilla Hero.  It could use some more frames to make it less robotic, and the return landing could use more oomph, and maybe one more frame.  Hm.

You said pretty much everything. Because you could indeed use more frames to make it more fluid. I find the return flip pretty dope.

Have a nice day and keep up the good work!

Issat Alm? The first few frames of him pulling the sword back doesn't look like it's aligned properly, but other than that, slick animation yoshi, getting better at returns

9ZYqhjd.png

Wow, i love the detail to the sprite on the right, especially the angle of the axes. You pulled it off really well :o

I'd be down for helping you script these animations for inserting them in-game in case you need any help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Me again.  Pardon the inactivity; I'm STILL working on the Hero crit.  I can't get it to look right yet.  But once I complete it I'll have a lot more to show off! Also of course I've been taking little brakes with working on the Hero crit like usual and played with some other sprites.  I think this one's ready for a little preview.

7pmXOgi.png

I'm sorta rehashing the FE8 Mage Knight into a more Awakening/Fates-esque Dark Knight.  Though I also want it to look equal-parts knight AND mage, unlike how the Dark Knight appears in both of those games.  How does it look?

Edited by Yoshthethird

• 1 month later...

I SHOULD keep working on that Hero sprite critical but I just keep jumping around to other projects haha.

I made a sort-of-Dark Flier/Falcon sprite for one of the spriting contests here.  Here it is in a white mount with a red palette, and a black mount with a blue palette.

aOzOej3.png

v4UxOWL.png

For some reason, I took a lot of design inspiration from Arete from FE Fates? Even though she's a Strategist and not a Dark Flier...

• 4 weeks later...

As I continue goofing around making other sprites, I made this:

SddjiYk.png

It's kinda an FE8 Ranger mixed with FE14's Bow Knight, but with a lance instead of a sword.  I also am making some redesigns for the Nomadic Trooper sprite, and would rather call the class a "Ranger".  That being said, I don't like the class name of "Bow Knight".  I've been struggling on what to call it.  I've considered, Gendarme, Hussar, Demilancer... idek if I really even wanna name it after a real historical warrior type.  Right now I made up and like Archlancer; it implies being a paragon lancer, but it's an archer (kinda)? Anyone have any other class name ideas?

On 24/09/2017 at 7:07 PM, Yoshthethird said:

Right now I made up and like Archlancer; it implies being a paragon lancer, but it's an archer (kinda)? Anyone have any other class name ideas?

Why not call it Infantryman? That's a pretty long name and it's pretty generic... 

58 minutes ago, Ycine said:

Why not call it Infantryman? That's a pretty long name and it's pretty generic... 

Uh... way too vague.  It implies nothing about the class.  Plus infantry means foot-soldier, not cavalry.

Either way, it's still tough.  Silver Knight from RD also sounds kinda nice? But it's still up in the air.  I'm also p partial to call it Cataphract too.  So many ideas...

A little heft before the point might add a little more weight (because all his other movements seem to show the sword being pretty heavy), but otherwise it looks pretty solid. The toss is downright beautiful. And just BTW, the base sprite is really nice: a lot of detail but still easily readable.

Thank you all again for the praise.  I'm glad I've finally developed an ability to actually animate these battlers to an acceptable standard.  Y'all have seen how many battler sprites that I've made over the years in that first picture.  It just makes me happy I can breath life into them.

On another note, only if anyone cares, I kinda want to ask if anyone wants to specifically see a certain one of my battle sprites to be animated? I have started animating my "Swordmaster", but you've all seen how I jump around and get bored.  More or less, anyone wanna vote for which of my still sprites will be animated next? It may help with my motivation.  Only if y'all want though.  Also I can't promise that I'll work on that ONE specific sprite, I just mean it may HELP with the motivation haha.  If anyone is interested, all of my publicly posted stills are in the original post.

Its super cool, and very inspiring to see you animating these battle sprites of yours, Yosh!

Of the stills that you have there, I personally think alongside the Swordmaster(which is my fav) there's 3 other designs/sprites I would like seeing animated too. The Mage Knight along with the Necromancer-Druid? and Ephraim Lord-Paladin