Does The Arena's Theme Sounds Like FE 6's Battle Theme?

so this has been bugging me since I got my import copy back in June of last year

heck I even speculated that one of the GBA games battle themes would make it into the arena over a year ago

take a listen

I plan on uploading my own video tommorow listen to the background music

sorry, I have to make due untill tommorow

https://youtu.be/_fcDK6XNwNI?t=20m28s

I also find it kind of weird that I can't find this paticular piece in the offical ost or in the game's sound test

if you can link me to a video that has the music playing in it I will edit it in

now listen to this

having a somewhat music skilled background I honestly believe that the arena's theme after 2 months of listening and comparing is FE6's battle theme.

though you may say it's not the exact same go back and listen to all of the other arena themes and tell say that they sound the exact same as the original piece.

I find it to be much more subtle than what the other games did

Edited by Captain Karnage

I believe this is the track in question?

I can hear the similarities though Quiet Burn still sounds very different likely because of the loop being a bit longer (having more stuff to it).

The arena uses the song Quiet Burn (and it's Roar variant for the battle). As for what I think I don't actually hear much similarity. I don't hear any identical melodies between the two, but perhaps a bit similar. Not uncommon for composers to re-use a theme or melody for something recurring. Of course if you'd be willing to upload a video with the parts that are the same between the two overlapping or playing one after the other, that would be neat. I've linked the the two versions of Quiet Burn below, if you wanna put those in the OP, I'll edit them out.

EDIT: woops, ninja'd

Edited by Ehrzeth