New way of Enemy Control Glitch in FE7/FE8

ryuta-ryuta

Hi, I am new to here and pleased to join. I wondered where to ask this and came here because I heard that here is the most popular. Last year, someone (original video in nicovideo was deleted) found enemy control glitch in FE7/FE8.

1)You can do this glitch in the map where some terrains will change (door into floor, wood into plain, or etc.) while OP event or playing. For example, chapter 11 in Hector mode is OK since doors will turn in floors. Chapter 21 in fe8 is not OK since no terrains will change.

2)After some terrains changes, you lead enemy to left-up corner and make him attack your unit (After any terrain changed in the map, left-up corner becomes PWASE, which is 00 in binary). You must disarm equipment because you mustn't counter.

3)After that battle, right after you get the experiences, and before the enemy turns into gray, you reset the game. When you restart, you can control enemy as same as the previous glitches.

Original glitch video in nicovideo was deleted somehow, but you can watch the glitch in this video: http://www.nicovideo...atch/sm26929992 at 1:05 and later. Also, I heard there sometimes is PWASE tile in chapter 22x by some trigger (nobody reproduced it, though). I know this is kind of trifle but am expected that arbitrary code will be found in future.

Edited by daisukiitalia

Are you asking if this is a new way to use the Enemy Control Glitch?

The glitch itself has been around about as long as the game has. It was pretty famously used on chapter 16x (17x in Hector Mode), The Port of Badon, to control the enemy and use them for free money in the arena. It was triggered by resetting the game on a mine right before the enemy took damage, and through a similar (but not the same) method in FE8.

You're basically asking if this particular method of triggering the glitch is known or not?

I think it was fairly widely known that terrain changes could be used to trigger the glitch or console canto, but the specifics (did it really have to be up left?) were not.

Well that's surprising. I booted up FE8 and tested it out on the first floor of the Lagdou Ruins. It actually works! I didn't know about this method, and chances are that not many others did as well. Great find OP!

You're basically asking if this particular method of triggering the glitch is known or not?

I think it was fairly widely known that terrain changes could be used to trigger the glitch or console canto, but the specifics (did it really have to be up left?) were not.

It think it was widely known that certain tiles activated the glitch. These include lava tiles, snag tiles, tiles mines were set on, and tiles where the torch staff was cast on. In this new method, apparently the top left tile adopts the same properties as the aforementioned tiles after some terrain changes, allowing the glitch to be performed on it. I don't know about others, but I certainly didn't know about it.

Oh I didn't know that terrain change causes canto glitch.

It think it was widely known that certain tiles activated the glitch. These include lava tiles, snag tiles, tiles mines were set on, and tiles where the torch staff was cast on. In this new method, apparently the top left tile adopts the same properties as the aforementioned tiles after some terrain changes, allowing the glitch to be performed on it. I don't know about others, but I certainly didn't know about it.

Also, gorgon egg tiles as well if I'm not mistaken?

Oh I didn't know that terrain change causes canto glitch.

Also, gorgon egg tiles as well if I'm not mistaken?

Yeah, you're correct. I forgot about those. Probably because the map they appear on also contain lava tiles.