Fire Emblem: Spirited Away

Jecht

Fire Emblem:

Spirited Away

(Pun not intended, movie unrelated)

In the land of Ariete (Air-re-et), there were 6 nations. Each nation was ruled by a monarch and they coexisted with each other in peace and tranquility. However, one nation, once ruled by a peaceful leader who unfortunately passed away, a new ruler of that nation rose, Xalden, who quickly became known as the Saviour of Ariete, as his first decree was to invade all other nations to have the land for himself in the name of a god he worshipped. Sin.

Sin, a spirit of the moon in the form of a angel, was known for the destruction of the land over a 1000 years ago and almost the extinction of the human race, when the ancient people of long ago abandoned their god of worship when they lost their faith in him and revoked their prayers. Although the end of days were near, Sin was halted, because of his own bloodline.

Before the time of Sin's rage, he had once descended from the heavens above as a mortal. He had fell in love with a woman of one of the 6 nations at the center of the land, a queen that has always been in legends ever since. Before he left to take his place as the god of legend, he had a son and a daughter. Both with untapped powers, but of Sin himself.

During the devastation of the land the queen he loved, died as she tried to reach through to him, however his son and daughter, fought back Sin. Combined, they could have won, but during the final battle, the son was gravely wounded. Sin would've killed him. But the daughter stepped in. For the sake of the land, her father Sin, and her brother. She was able to unleash the full extent of her abilities, at the cost of her own sacrifice. She alone defeated Sin, and when he retreated back to the moon. She placed a seal to keep him there for as long as her powers could let her.

With the son of Sin alive, in memory of his family and all that was lost, he began a new bloodline, of which he passed down Sin's blood to make sure if the seal ever broke, his bloodline would be waiting to stop him once again.

Lots of time has passed since then, in the time of the current era. Xalden has managed to gain 1 nation as ally, and 1 other under his control. His next target, is the center of the land where the bloodline began. In a effort to gain power, in which he has discovered a dark secret.

During the game, you'll play as both the hero, a Lord named Rikku of a ally nation, and the soon to be the last of Sin's bloodline, Lunyla (Lu-nye-la) the Princess of Sequoya. During the road to end the war and the destruction of Sin, who will rise once again. You'll decide the fate of either character based on the path you choose. As the story progresses can the unbreakable bond be enough? Or will you let Lunyla be Spirited Away?

New FE8 Hack if started would include:

-2 Routes (Lunyla: Easy, Rikku: Hard)

-Both routes will have harder enemies and a lot of things fixed, such as RNG

-New Items and Weapons (Rikku and Lunyla will both have a unbreakable weapon)

-New Sprites and Animations

-New Maps

-New Story (obviously)

-New and better growths for playable units without making it too easy for you.

-In the tower, instead of the normal unit rewards, such as Lyon, Selena, and such. They'll be replaced with characters of actual known FE games of past and present, such as Roy, Ephraim, Ike, Lucina, and other characters I have planned.

What I need help with:

I can do a lot of things with the old Nightmare program, like the growths of the characters, editing items and such and as long as I can read Blaze's Ultimate Tutorial, I can probably learn to give who which sprite, mug, animations, and such. My only problems is scripting, using the hex editor (dyslexic, numbers aren't my strong suit), and making sprites of any kind.

I can probably learn how to do the map creating though, it looks easy enough I think. But I could use extra volunteer help just in case I need advice or help with something I don't understand.

Miscellaneous:

Feel free to comment here on this post whether offering help or asking questions about my concept of this hack. I'm open to advice, and criticism of any kind.

However though as far as sprites, I will say that as much as I wish I could, I'm unable to buy sprites/art with any form of currency, please keep that in mind, because not only is this a free project I'm thinking about doing if it ever gets started, I'm dead broke. :(

Anyhow, thank you for reading and I hope you have a nice day!! :)

@Parrhesia - Nothing as of yet, I'm still working out the kinks of the project, I'm just waiting to see who all would be interested. If I think I can get enough help with it, I'll start it. I'm in the process of learning the Map Creator right now and just testing what I can do with it.

@Pookachou - That'd be wonderful, if you'd like, please send me a PM and we can talk about what I had in mind so far that you can help with. :)

@Pookachou - That'd be wonderful, if you'd like, please send me a PM and we can talk about what I had in mind so far that you can help with. :)

Alright, sure! I'll pm you now. I hope our timezone difference doesn't annoy you that much! o:

@Pookachou - Nah, I'm used to it lol

I'm making progress so far on the prologue map, will screenshot it soon when I'm finished, that way I can show what I'm capable of doing besides Nightmare so far :3

Edited by Jecht

Finally finished the Prologue Map, it's not perfect though, so I can use some expertise from a good map maker :3

Technically, your first two units of the game will start at the bottom below the ledge, and then fight their way to seize the fort of your first enemy.

post-22173-0-72619700-1463024567_thumb.png

5/12/16 UPDATE:

No screenshots of anything atm, but me and Pookachou have already put some ideas together for story :3

However, there are some things I want to clear up as far as what's new.

-As I said before there will be a easy and a hard route, however the difficulty is not just enemies and maps. Both routes will have the same recruitable characters, but some characters can only be recruited in a certain route at a certain time of the plot. They also may also be recruited differently depending on the route you take. Lunyla's route you may get some of the best units early and maybe mid-game. However on Riku's path, some of the best characters may not be there til mid to late-game in general. These things plus the maps and enemies should really be the difference maker in difficulty.

-I've been working on more maps for Chapters 1 & 2 and also ideas of other characters with Pookachou's help. However, I'm still in the need of a Spriter or two, it's really the important piece I'm missing to doing all of this, so, what I've decided to do. I would like for people to see if they would be interested in either giving ideas or thoughts for characters and/or providing their own sprites for this project to use. (Other than the ones in the OP) But that's completely optional though, I'm not expecting a big turn out of sprite work out of this, the last thing I'd do is ask for free stuff, but if you did I'd be greatful, and you'd be credited for your generosity. I'll promise it and even put your usernames and thoughts in my signature as a reminder. :)

For now, use existing character portraits. You might get some sprite offers if your concept/maps/story/other stuff is good.

For now, use existing character portraits. You might get some sprite offers if your concept/maps/story/other stuff is good.

Oh, well ok, I will at least try :')

Just a small update: (but not much of a update)

My internet has been going in and out recently (that time of the month), my laptop was hacked last night and I basically stayed up all night to fix it. I didn't lose anything though. Had to debug the hacker though and get him out of my system though, Which was still dreadful afterwards as he/she never failed to leave behind Cellphone & Nudist Colony Beach Resort ads -_-

Plus, if you're in the same situation as me, I'd know the feels, we've been having a ton of bad weather lately, I got to watch a funnel cloud fly over my parents house and was directly underneath it to see the eye of it. Scariest **** I've seen in my life..and the closest thing to a tornado I never wanted to see. Fortunately, though we're okay as it didn't touch down here at home.

But....

On a sadder note though, it touched down about 2 1/2 miles after passing us, hit a neighborhood, and killed 3 people. One of those people was only 9. :'(

Nevertheless, I making a little progress, but not much due to everything else happening at the moment

I'm expecting to have better internet capabilities on the 16th, which is Monday I think, so I'll try to have something convenient for my next post, cheers :3

EDIT: (Grammar OCD kicking in)

Edited by Jecht

Oh, is that Yeti's map maker?

More on topic, I noticed you said you wanted to fix the RNG. What specifically about it are you modifying?

Yeah, I think it's Yeti's, but not sure though

I'm just wanting to fix the RNG to be more accurate and tweak the odds of the luck factor

I've had too many instances in FE games where I miss with 95-99% accuracy and being hit with %4-7 accuracy. (And I mean every FE game)

I'm just aiming to tweak it a little and rebalance it. That way if a enemy hits me or I hit him with 4-7% accuracy, then you could really call that moment a miracle.

I tend to try to add a surprise factor in any hack I make, including my progression in my Pokemon Gold gbc hack/reskin. This hack Ishould hope would be no different.

Best way I could give an a example is basically like this.

Think of 8% accuracy as being able to hit with this low accuracy 8/100 times.

What I want to do, is cut the 8/100 times of it happening, to 4/100 times of it occuring.

This really decreases and increases the luck factor in both ways. Luck acts like a placebo. You still decrease it from occuring often, while at the same time, when it does happen even after the edits I tend to make, you will probably consider yourself really lucky depending on the situation you're in.

Does that make sense at all??? xD

Sometimes my mind works faster than I type^^

I'm pretty sure FE8 already has that kind of RNG implemented, where 9% is pretty much less than 9% when calculated and 95% would be more than 95% percent when calculated. You could honestly just be having bad luck in your runs, or I could be wrong. Hehe.

I'm pretty sure FE8 already has that kind of RNG implemented, where 9% is pretty much less than 9% when calculated and 95% would be more than 95% percent when calculated. You could honestly just be having bad luck in your runs, or I could be wrong. Hehe.

Yes, this is correct. FE8 has the true hit system where it actually rolls two numbers. So, like, a 9% hit is more like a 3% hit.