Is Ena worth it?

So, I didn't defeated the BK in 5 turns, Mist died in battle and Nasir died in story. Is his substitute Ena any good.

Mist died because she failed to dodge 2 39%. Fuck you RNG

Edit: Should add this, the reason i failed to kill the BK is because I didn't had Aether activating until the FINAL FUCKING TURN. I wanted to like the fight itself but I can't anymore. It is HEAVILY luck based. Ike was capped in Str and Defense and while he had 0 problems on activating Aether throught the chapter, here he was all like: nahhhhh bro, seriously, FUCK THIS FIGHT. But I am getting off topic big time here.

Edited by SSL01

So, I didn't defeated the BK in 5 turns, Mist died in battle and Nasir died in story. Is his substitute Ena any good.

Mist died because she failed to dodge 2 39%. Fuck you RNG

From I got in the way of her usage in the following Chapter, she's usable, but under the conditions Nasir requires, he's the favoured option.

If Ike is capped in strength, he should kill the Black Knight in five turns without any skill procs whatsoever, as long as Ike doesn't miss and attacks each turn.

As for Ena, she's not great but she's a passable tank in the final chapter. Her damage will not be good without lots of investment though, from what I remember.

If Ike is capped in strength, he should kill the Black Knight in five turns without any skill procs whatsoever, as long as Ike doesn't miss and attacks each turn.

As for Ena, she's not great but she's a passable tank in the final chapter. Her damage will not be good without lots of investment though, from what I remember.

Not really, considering I was only attacking via counterattack due to the fear of the BK doing Luna, Ike did only 9 damage with the Ragnell. Considering the BK has Renewal and 30 Def, Ike would be dealing 9 damage without the BK doing Renewal, he would only have dealt 45 damage without Aether procs

Not to mention that I didn't knew the BK would not attack Mist and as such I kept her away, far away. Now that I think about it, I could have played it a bit less cautious since I could have just healed Ike after he attacked BK, but eh, what's done is done.

Maybe I will get my chance another day...

Edited by SSL01

Even with Mist, Ike cannot attack on player phase unless he starts the phase at full health. He cannot survive 2 Lunas, ever.

Ena/Nasir exist as a "crutch" unit vs. Ashnard if you give them Wrath/Resolve, but they're still pretty awful since their avoid is not reliable even with Resolve active and you have to carefully manipulate their HP.

Not really, considering I was only attacking via counterattack due to the fear of the BK doing Luna, Ike did only 9 damage with the Ragnell. Considering the BK has Renewal and 30 Def, Ike would be dealing 9 damage without the BK doing Renewal, he would only have dealt 45 damage without Aether procs

Not to mention that I didn't knew the BK would not attack Mist and as such I kept her away, far away. Now that I think about it, I could have played it a bit less cautious since I could have just healed Ike after he attacked BK, but eh, what's done is done.

Maybe I will get my chance another day...

Luna and Aether only activate with melee attacks. If you're afraid of Luna and you're willing to forgo Aether (and if Ike is Strength capped, you can afford to), you could just use Ragnell's ranged attack.

Mine's capped on easy and that doesn't seem to be the case.

EDIT: Skills don't trigger for the ranged attacks? Now I've got a solid strategy, THANKS, GUYS! .o/

Edited by Light Strategist