Heirs of Fate 2 thoughts

I played through Heirs of Fate's second map today, and it was fun even though it took me a few tries, I was on Casual Mode, so in case a character fell in battle, I reset and restarted from my bookmark, and it well after taking Asugi and Midori down. But at the end, Kana was defeated, and brought back by my next turn, due to it being on Phoenix Mode, and I still got Magictaker, which I gave to my Witch Anna. Does Kana count as a unit that needs to live to get the reward in the second map?

It was pretty fun. Liked it a lot more than the first part. I do believe Kana needs to survive for the reward, but I'm not totally sure.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Forrest has a different critical hit portrait from the DLC than his usual one. I thought the others would too, but Ophelia's was the same.

post-16272-0-53710900-1463103309_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Khid

It was pretty fun. Liked it a lot more than the first part. I do believe Kana needs to survive for the reward, but I'm not totally sure.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Forrest has a different critical hit portrait from the DLC than his usual one. I thought the others would too, but Ophelia's was the same.

Eyelashes. He has eyelashes......

Hmm, I wonder why it's different though.

Since you get both lucktaker and skilltaker from the first part, do you get an additional skill if you rout the enemy? I only got magictaker.

Only Maps 1 and 5 come with two rewards.

Edited by Vere

I liked the DLC, although I do wish it were slightly harder... The only difficult part is the beginning when you're rushed from both sides. It was awesome to play a map with Forrest in the lead role. He's my favorite character. "Welcome back to the world of the bipedal." LOL (Also his portrait for the Grim Yato transformation was cuuuuute.)

What Azura said about memories has pretty confusing and vague. I didn't really understand. That aside, HoF I had you use Birthright children (male Corrin seems BR canon as well) and fight Conquest children. HoF II had you using Conquest children to defeat Birthright children. It seems HoF I involves a realm in which Corrin was male and chose to side with Hoshido, and HoF II involves another realm where Corrin is female and chooses Nohr. So they're attempting to tie at least Birthright and Conquest together. I assume some tragedy struck both realms because Anankos was never defeated in either.

I liked the DLC, although I do wish it were slightly harder... The only difficult part is the beginning when you're rushed from both sides. It was awesome to play a map with Forrest in the lead role. He's my favorite character. "Welcome back to the world of the bipedal." LOL (Also his portrait for the Grim Yato transformation was cuuuuute.)

What Azura said about memories has pretty confusing and vague. I didn't really understand. That aside, HoF I had you use Birthright children (male Corrin seems BR canon as well) and fight Conquest children. HoF II had you using Conquest children to defeat Birthright children. It seems HoF I involves a realm in which Corrin was male and chose to side with Hoshido, and HoF II involves another realm where Corrin is female and chooses Nohr. So they're attempting to tie at least Birthright and Conquest together. I assume some tragedy struck both realms because Anankos was never defeated in either.

It'll make more sense later. Trust me.

Yep.

Not impressed with the writing so far. All the memory talk reminded me of Dream Drop Distance's laughable dialogue. This has Future Past written all over it, and I wish they did something different. -_-

Not impressed with the writing so far. All the memory talk reminded me of Dream Drop Distance's laughable dialogue. This has Future Past written all over it, and I wish they did something different. -_-

Totally with you on this, as expected from the overhall writing of Fates. It's as if the writers did a competition to make the worst plot that make the less sense.possible.

Now for the gameplay, and the music however...

I don't have any pictures but i got quite a few crits so I noticed that Nina had a different crit portrait where she does a smile instead of a frown. Sophie and Ophelia got some too but their crit portraits were the same as usual.

I don't have any pictures but i got quite a few crits so I noticed that Nina had a different crit portrait where she does a smile instead of a frown. Sophie and Ophelia got some too but their crit portraits were the same as usual.

Yeah, I noticed Sophie's was the same. Kana does his normal one too. Never activated one for Nina, though, so nice catch!

Part of me wants it to be something special, or symbolic, but it's probably just a mistake that they were too lazy to fix, or just didn't catch.

I've activated Male Kana, Sophie, Forrest, and Ophelia's crits, haven't seen Nina's yet.

But yeah, Forrest has a different crit portrait than usual.

WU4adOL.jpg

Here're the other ones if you're interested, but it's just normal stuff.

http://imgur.com/a/BZ2Zj

Edited by Rose

I'm having such a hard time with this map only because of

Shiro UGH

Ideally, you are supposed to run away from him since his stats are too strong for your party members to handle. It's possible to kill him on Normal difficulty, but on harder difficulties (especially Lunatic), it'll be next to impossible to defeat him.

I managed to kill Shiro on normal, but it was tough and took a LOT of resets.

I had Forrest paired up with Ophie attack him, which missed. Then, I'd have Sophie paired with Nina attack, and if that hit that got him down to about half HP, plus thanks to Sophie's personal, it took his defense down. Finally, I'd have Kana attack, which took Shiro out of the equation. Having Forrest there was important for me because my Sophie was down to 19 HP, and Shiro would end up killing her. Forrest's gentilhomme skill (or even Dwyer's, if you wanted him up there) made it so Shiro only hit for 17, which kept Sophie in the game, so I could get the reward at the end. I would've just bum rushed it but I was right next to Asugi and Midori and I didn't want to be wedged between them and Shiro. Since the cousins don't move, I opted to take Shiro out first.

Ideally, you are supposed to run away from him since his stats are too strong for your party members to handle. It's possible to kill him on Normal difficulty, but on harder difficulties (especially Lunatic), it'll be next to impossible to defeat him.

Actually, it is possible to kill him but it's EXTREMELY time consuming. One of my friends who's really good at Fire Emblem put together a strategy where he paired up Forrest + Ophelia and Sophie + Nina and then basically put them inside of the room Shiro is in so that they're blocking him from escaping. This put their stats on the same level as Shiro so he only does about 5~6 damage because they're in the room as well. He then puts Kana behind Forrest so that he basically baits Shiro's attacks and then Dwyer is behind Kana to heal him. And then you just have Forrest and Nina slowly poking him until he dies.

Here's what his strategy looks like:

tumblr_o73fyl81AX1slkq8jo1_1280.jpg

It worked pretty well for me.

Edited by carefreejules

Its actually very possible to kill him on Lunatic.

After clearing out the enemies that chase after you, just place Ophelia next to him. Heartseeker drops any adjacent enemies' avoid by 20, so hit rates for the others are no longer as shaky. Forrest, Kana, and Sophie are just barely able to be avoid being ORKO'd and those three should be able to defeat him.

People were talking about it over on Reddit and 4chan. The DLC portraits in general are better quality than the base game's. Mitama's a little less janky, Nina doesn't have that ear glitch in her critical portrait, ect.

Otherwise I've been having fun with the DLC so far. Plot's a little weird but we still have some missions to go so I'll wait before talking shit about it.

The map, on Normal difficulty, is very rather easy overall with the exception of

Shiro, since he can OHKO or ORKO a lot of the playable units. I did beat the map on my first try without any deaths mainly because Ophelia (with Nina backup) OHKO'd him with a crit Missiletain.

Gentilhomme really shines on this map along with the heal support.

These maps are fun, I enjoyed the 2 already out and is a good oportunity to use all these kids that I never used in my team (I only used 4 kids at random levels, and only 1 in endgame)

I beated Shiro in hard mode with Sophie "tanking" him, she was in pairup with Nina and Forrest and Dwyer were near her, but out of Shiro's attack range. He went out of the healing room in a previous turn, and Sophie was able to connect all of her attacks on him... Did he heal himselfs if he stay in that healing room?

The only thing I didn't liked was my bad luck, with the kids missing 90% hits and getting hit by 30% or less... Even one of the random enemies activated a low percent critical on Forrest, but he got saved by Nina with a Dual Guard... And Rhajat got a critical on Kana... But since I was already at the end of the map, I didn't restarted and just finished the mission.Still a fun DLC.

Edited by SniperGYS

Sooooo.......Can we talk about Shigure's singing at the end of the chapter? I have pretty high expectations for the end of all.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

As in based on story progress? In that case, no, since you're using preset units.

No I mean does it change with between NM, HM, and LM. I am playing on PM but the enemies don't have maxed out weapon ranks so I couldn't tell.