Looking for a few Corrins (Read description)

HeiHei

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You ask a lot of questions, Archer.

Hm, Lunatic has pre-determined growths? Now that I haven't heard before... I'll have to study this.

Yeah, it does. I'll give an example:

Let's say Jakob levels up to LVL 10 and he gains a point in STR. Now, he dies and you decided to restart the game. You reload your Lunatic file and restart the map. Again, Jakob levels up to LVL 10, as you had to start over. He will only get that same point in STR, just as he did during the first run.

I've seen it multiple times to multiple characters. You aren't able to abuse RNG to get better growths in Lunatic.

Chapter 10: Voice of a God

Attempts: 1

--Deployed--

Princess Aila

Shrine Maiden Lissa

Dread Fighter Varus

Dark Falcon Ilia

Mercenary Naru

Spear Fighter Kannon

Comments: Fairly easy map as expected, took it pretty slow since the map itself is slow with all the snow in the way. Plus, all the enemies give a ton of goodies, so I definitely do not want to miss that. I guess I remembered things wrong, thought Zola had mjolnir, but he had Nosferatu, it was just a grunt that had mjolnir.

Could my Merchant still be of any help? I'd say she's around average Chapter 10 level.

Sure, I think I will accept her. The enemies are a lot tougher than expected, so she will be helpful once the enemies are getting stronger.

Who started this challenge anyways?

I saw a similar thread like this one.

No idea who started it, it seemed like a fun idea. I don't frequent here often, so I don't know anything about the other thread.

Chapter 8: Traitor's Brand

-Deployed-

Princess Aila

Shrine Maiden Lissa

Cavalier Keith

Outlaw Kate

Comments: The beginning was really tough with the number of enemies rushing towards the group. Made a slight mistake with forgetting to equip a weapon on Keith, but luckily wasn't fatal. This chapter took many turns using Kate by abusing the healing rooms and walls, slowly picking off long range units (their stats were very high).

Lucky for Keith it wasn't bad that he didn't have his weapon. o-o Definitely would have done damage to him if he wasn't used to support Kate.

Should I make her castle open now then? I'll get a few skills on her first though.

It's fine, you don't have to get any skills on them. Just post your address and I'll come pick up your Corrin.

Lucky for Keith it wasn't bad that he didn't have his weapon. o-o Definitely would have done damage to him if he wasn't used to support Kate.

Not sure how to add quotes to an edit but anyway, I actually did have a weapon on him, it just wasn't equipped. I always forget to get the units to equip their weapons after putting it into their personal inventory.

Chapter 11: Mutual Enemies

-Deployed-

Princess Aila

Shrine Maiden Lissa

Dread Fighter Varus

Dark Falcon Ilia

Witch Corrin

Wyvern Rider Jill

Ballistician Auron

Samurai TripleExit

Grandmaster Alex

Cavalier Keith

Outlaw Kate

Great Lord Clarisse

Comments: Well hopefully you guys are enjoying the updates (well assuming you guys are reading this)! I honestly surprised myself on this map, first attempt and no deaths to boot. I didn't think I'd make it out with everyone surviving the ninja forest. Those master ninjas were extremely strong and I really lucked out when I didn't miss some of those 70~80% hits. Next map will probably be where everything goes wrong.

Castle address is in my signature.

Tell me when you're done so I can switch the address to my other castle.

The Avatar's name is Jane. +Str, -Spd. Merchant. She has Hoshidan Unity, Rend Heaven, Dragon Fang, Draconic Hex, and Sol equipped. She can Partner Seal into Master Ninja and Mechanist if you want Poison Strike, Lethality, Replicate, etc.

Castle address is in my signature.

Tell me when you're done so I can switch the address to my other castle.

The Avatar's name is Jane. +Str, -Spd. Merchant. She has Hoshidan Unity, Rend Heaven, Dragon Fang, Draconic Hex, and Sol equipped. She can Partner Seal into Master Ninja and Mechanist if you want Poison Strike, Lethality, Replicate, etc.

Could you recheck your settings, it needs to be an easy seize. Thanks for going through all that effort to do this though, must have taken a long time! I'll have to remember for next time when I do something similar to let people know not to put so much effort into getting skills and such...

Edited by HeiHei

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 12: Frozen Sea

Turns: 38

Heroes: None

Deaths: 0

-Deployed-

Princess Aila

Shrine Maiden Lissa

Dread Fighter Varus

Dark Falcon Ilia

Witch Corrin

Wyvern Rider Jill

Ballistician Auron

Samurai TripleExit

Grandmaster Alex

Cavalier Keith

Outlaw Kate

Great Lord Clarisse

Comments: Sorry everyone (well if anyone is still keeping up with this) for not updating in a while, some things in life were taking a priority. Also to be honest, there were some other games on my back log I wanted to try, so it kind of took a back seat for a bit. Anyways, this chapter went by far smoother than I thought it would, compared to my very first time playing it on Hard/Classic where I had a bit of trouble. I played quite patiently, baiting the enemies to get close enough so I can finish them on my turn. From what I've seen, every few turns or so, enemies seem to always spawn from the far back ship and Flora's ship, so I guess it spawns infinitely? Either way, some units that really needed some leveling up got a lot stronger now.

Chapter 13: A Lost Peace

Turns: 38 (Same as last chapter, what a weird coincidence)

Attempts: 2

-Deployed-

Princess Aila

Shrine Maiden Lissa

Dark Falcon Ilia

Witch Corrin

Wyvern Rider Jill

Ballistician Auron

Grandmaster Alex

Outlaw Kate

Great Lord Clarisse

Mercenary Naru

Ninja Kamikaze

Spear Fighter Kannon

Comments: Just a note, I don't count game overs with Aila as a part of deaths. With that being said, I messed up the first attempt with not putting out the box sooner and Aila got killed on the enemy's turn after some misses on the Swordmasters. The promotes were pretty hard to deal with on their own, with my units ranging around level 15. General strategy was slowly getting through enemies as I approached on the left side where Xander is, placing obstacles around with the fliers. Didn't go towards Ryoma's side as it looked much harder to me. I wonder if any of you guys reading this are getting bored, as the only real deaths I've had thus far are with Aila. Also, it looks like Lissa has reached level 19, should I promote her one level early or wait for that last level? If so, should I make her an Onmyouji or a Priestess? Let me know what you guys think!

I'm not bored. I'm happy to be reading your progress. Admittedly, I haven't played Revelation yet, so I can't empathize with chapter difficulty.

I'm glad to hear! It just felt sort of weird just posting updates with no one commenting, but I suppose there's really not much to say about it. The difficulty isn't too bad, it's definitely easier than Conquest. Of course, I'll always have difficulty with maps involving wind or multiple Master Ninjas. It's a good thing I don't say too much about the maps though, that way I'm not really spoiling you.

If you ever do this run again, can you use someone's Corrin with point blank? I think the skill comes out today.

P.S. This run is awesome! It'd be a great AGDQ speedrun if the Corrin's were loaded before the run.

Edited by quasimopho13

If you ever do this run again, can you use someone's Corrin with point blank? I think the skill comes out today.

P.S. This run is awesome! It'd be a great AGDQ speedrun if the Corrin's were loaded before the run.

I'm now a little more lenient with the Corrins I'm taking since I'm past the very beginning, so I will actually take one with Point blank if the opportunity ever pops up. I just wanted to make sure I didn't completely destroy the first couple of maps with extremely over powered units. I definitely would never do a speed run, as I play pretty patiently/slowly, which is probably how all of my units have survived thus far (outside of my own unit).

Edited by HeiHei

Yeah, hopefully someone will create one. Fair concern. It is pretty easy to get overpowered in Fire Emblem when using dlc that is not necessarily meant for early-game or excessive grinding. Though overpowered/too easy and excessive grinding are subjective. That's a good play style. I just meant that a speedrun of that would be really fun to watch (if you ban hitting start).

Edited by quasimopho13

Chapter 14: Orders

Turns: 32

Deaths: 2 (5)

-Deployed-

Princess Aila

Shrine Maiden Lissa

Dark Falcon Ilia

Witch Corrin

Ninja Kamikaze

Ballistician Auron

Samurai TripleExit

Outlaw Kate

Great Lord Clarisse

Mercenary Naru

Spear Fighter Kannon

Cavalier Keith

-RIP-

Ninja Kamikaze - I wasn't careful enough and lost her to a Paladin.

Samurai TripleExit - Died in battle against a Paladin, got a very unlucky miss which sealed her fate.

Effie, Arthur, Charlotte - Couldn't save the first two from the Paladins and I messed up with Charlotte, going for a defensive maneuver against a mercenary, but forgot to check Charlotte's attack range. Had to kill her since Elise wasn't close enough.

Comments:

I slightly underestimated this chapter since I didn't remember it being too hard. I was therefore punished and lost two of my units. The Paladins that spawn every now and then were the biggest problems as most of my units can barely take a hit from them so I had to depend on player's turn to kill them, taking a few of my units to take down just one of them. I guess the lack of grinding is really showing now. On the bright side, Lissa got to level 20 and is now an Onmyoji. Strategy was moving left towards Charlotte first then moving right for the finish. This map definitely wasn't as hard as some of the previous maps, but my slip ups caused some unnecessary deaths.

Chapter 15: Rainbow Sage

Turns: 40

-Deployed-

Princess Aila

Onmyoji Lissa

Witch Corrin

Ballistician Auron

Outlaw Kate

Mercenary Naru

Spear Fighter Kannon

Dread Fighter Varus

Wyvern Rider Jill

-Grave-

Ninja Kamikaze

Samurai TripleExit

Comments:

This chapter felt really long, the entire strategy was to basically utilize defense formation and bait only one or two enemies into a confrontation on their turn, then finish up on my turn, which meant I had to be very careful in where I placed my units. It was pretty scary since most of my units tend to be on the frail side, but luckily they had just enough to survive a single hit. I honestly don't like this map very much, as it's pretty slow since defense formation is heavily needed for this. It's pretty shameful to say, but I left one room alone (bottom right side) as going through the back would have been suicide for me, while getting units back to the front then back to the boss would annoyingly take up a lot of time. Plus side, I managed to befriend Shura, Kannon now has C rank in lances and I have obtained the Alpha Yato! On the minus side, the next 2 chapters are back to back, so screwing up will really suck. Just great.

NOTE: It will probably be a while until the next update, need to find time (and drive) to get the next 2 chapters done.

Edited by HeiHei

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 16 & 17: White Flames / Black Flames

Turns: 10 & 23(accidentally pressed a too fast)?

Attempts: 2

Deaths: 1 (Accidentally let Leo die, sorry Leo fans but I'm not doing this again)

-Deployed (used the same roster for both)-

Nohr Noble Aila Lv. 5

Onmyoji Lissa Lv. 3

Adventurer Kate Lv. 1

Spear Master Kannon Lv. 1

Wyvern Lord Jill Lv. 2

Grandmaster Alex Lv. 21

Sniper Niemehr Lv. 3

Dark Falcon Ilia Lv. 21

Paladin Keith Lv. 2

Great Lord Clarisse Lv. 21

-Grave-

Ninja Kamikaze

Samurai TripleExit

Comments:

Finally completed after a few weeks, the back to back chapters, White Flames and Black Flames. White Flames is definitely the easiest of the two, the strategy was to go up to meet up with Ryoma's group then move right towards Hans. Hans himself is a fairly easy boss since he's equipped with the Tomahawk. The next chapter, Black Flames is the one where I failed at the first attempt, which was quite frustrating since these chapters are back to back. All of my units were not able to withstand the huge number of strong units and I had to heavily depend on Xander and Leo, which did not feel right for this challenge. Because of this, I decided to do some of the free challenges provided and a few paralogues after grinding out some supports with what characters I had. Managed to get a lot of experience through this, giving me the ability to promote some units. Also decided to use some of the stat boost up items I've had lying around. The strategy for Black Flames was to go towards the right side and go in a defense formation against the huge number of enemies. Once that was over, pretty much just went downwards, took out the orb/ballista users at the center/right and moved in at Iago. At first I was going to make Aila a Hoshido Noble, but decided not to since I liked Nohr Noble's design better, is more balanced with def/res and Kate has become my second healer since Adventurers thankfully have staff access. We are now at the point where there will be promoted units and Dragon Veins everywhere. Great. Not sure if First Blood works on recruited MyCastle units, if so then I might just do Hidden Truths a few times and try to decide which units should have it.

EDIT: Monster Hunter Generations will be eating up time, I'll get back to this once I've had my fill.

Edited by HeiHei