FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The patch and ROM don't work on my PSP with the Snes9x Euphoria emulator, both soft modded or hard modded, it just crashes. To be more specific, it freezes indefinitely soft-patched but hard-patched it just turns off my PSP. Maybe because it becomes an 8 MB rom? Is there no simple fix available? I'd really appreciate a fix for this since I'd much prefer to play FE4 on a handheld rather than the PC, but I understand if this would be too difficult for you guys.

DId you check if the same rom and patch work on a computer (just in case you patched it wrong?)

Oops. It's still an entierly different reference (to Hinduism as opposed to norse mythology).

Edited by sirmola

DId you check if the same rom and patch work on a computer (just in case you patched it wrong?)

Oops. It's still an entierly different reference (to Hinduism as opposed to norse mythology).

Yes, it works fine on my computer on Snes9x. It just doesn't work with Snes9x Euphoria R5 on the PSP.

What is the best SNES emulator that should work on a windows 32 bit computer that is not zsnes? (kinda sucks that zsnes doesn't work for this patch :/)

higan is the most accurate SNES emulator, period, but it's fairly resource-intensive. Not that any modern computer would have problems with it, but it's worth noting that it takes a lot of resources to be console accurate. Snes9x works fairly well for most things, and is the most popular emulator to be ported to other platforms (I use the port of it in Retroarch on my Wii).

As for zsnes, while it was good back in the late 90s/early 2000s it has become outdated, and obsolete. It does not have perfect sound emulation like Snes9x and higan do, and a lot of things simply don't work - the price to pay for speed back when it was needed to be light on resources.

Also, for what it's worth, there's a pretty nasty hole in zsnes that can be exploited to do... well, just about anything the attacker wants. But if you like znes for the UI, there is a mod out there for that for other emulators, but I can't remember where it is, sorry.

Edit: Found the UI mod. I guess it works only with Libretro backends or something. I haven't really looked into it.

Edited by Hozu

My computer has problems runing snes9x, any help? :/

What do you mean "problems"?

Honestly, it might be a good idea to check emulation forums for emulter issues

Edited by sirmola

I found a bug in chapter 2. After you seize Mackily castle, Oifey and Sigurd have a conversation.

Sigurd says, "Good Mackily is ours. That leaves the capital, Agusty..."

Then, Oifey has a few lines of dialogue; then it goes back to Sigurd. Sigurd says his next line, but the first one doesn't go away, merging the two.

It will say, "That leaves the capital, Agusty...Mm, You're right. Who knows what that Chagall has up his sleeve."

Here is a couple of screenshots of it: http://imgur.com/a/kFf9

Edited by ObliviousRay

They started there when I was playing an unpatched version of the game so I'm assuming yes.

Alright, my memory was fuzzy since I haven't played FE4 for a long time, thank you.

This happened in Chapter 3,My Aira kill all Eldigan Soldiers,except one and Eldigan talk in distance to Sigurd and this happened.Aparently is a variation in Sigurd-Eldigan conversation in the distance.The image is in attach files.

post-23419-0-99769300-1463839946_thumb.png

RgnKVVv.png

Isn't it supposed to be "All the soldiers could ever throw at us" or "All they could ever throw at us"? EDIT: nvm it actually makes sense I derped

rR42vmY.png

Text bug in the Epilogue after Shannan starts calling Seliph "King".

Edited by Gradivus.

Lovely patch, having trouble getting it to work with the 3ds' homebrew emulator, BlargSnes. Curious if anyone else had any dice on that front.

The new font is refreshing, keep it up~

Lovely patch, having trouble getting it to work with the 3ds' homebrew emulator, BlargSnes. Curious if anyone else had any dice on that front.

The new font is refreshing, keep it up~

Most things point to ROM expansion being a problem. There are also ways to mess up patching, so look into that as well.

Most things point to ROM expansion being a problem. There are also ways to mess up patching, so look into that as well.

Tried on Snes9x, works fine; post patch it's at 8,388,608. Rom works in BlargSnes pre-patch, after application it's stuck at loading sram. I'll experiment with extraction methods; and try it with a regular 3ds as opposed to the New 3ds line.

Hey are you planning to translate FE5 too? Even though it's the best game ever, the current translation doesn't do it justice, and having you translate it the same way you did with this game would be like curing it of AIDS.

Hey are you planning to translate FE5 too? Even though it's the best game ever, the current translation doesn't do it justice, and having you translate it the same way you did with this game would be like curing it of AIDS.

BookOfHolsety said earlier in the thread that FE5 was the next goal once they are done with this (and he apparently has a rough draft up to 11x, although it might take a while because he wants finish this game first, and he likes polishing his script a LOT before inserting it).