FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

''D-DAMN YOU, ARVIS!!'' is much more fitting if you ask me, because it sounds much more like pure rage.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is a known/fixed bug yet but Tinni's map sprite in the chapter she joins is of a thunder mage, and not her own class, then again, it's a very minor detai.

I seem to remember reading that the game's procedure for loading children on their initial apperence has a bug where it loads the substitute's map sprite instead. Tini's just the only time where they are different. The next chapter reloads everyone's sprites, which fixes the issue. I actualy like the bug, because i feel that it actually adds character development. Tiny's character arc is all about her coming out from under the thumb of the freeges, and her changing clothing reinforces that.

''D-DAMN YOU, ARVIS!!'' is much more fitting if you ask me, because it sounds much more like pure rage.

I have to agree with this. The game is trying to be serious and emotional in this scene."you dastard" fits sigurd being hammy, but it does not at all fit the tone the scene is trying to convey. As integrity's LP shows, FE4 already has enough tonal and pacing issues in the original. Lines like "you dastard" coming right before a mass execution do not help.

Something that kind of bothers me, on the Unit screen, on the page where it lists the stats, luck is the only one that's not abbreviated. Sure it can fit the way it is, but it makes it stick out like a sore thumb.

I seem to remember reading that the game's procedure for loading children on their initial apperence has a bug where it loads the substitute's map sprite instead. Tini's just the only time where they are different. The next chapter reloads everyone's sprites, which fixes the issue. I actualy like the bug, because i feel that it actually adds character development. Tiny's character arc is all about her coming out from under the thumb of the freeges, and her changing clothing reinforces that.

I have to agree with this. The game is trying to be serious and emotional in this scene."you dastard" fits sigurd being hammy, but it does not at all fit the tone the scene is trying to convey. As integrity's LP shows, FE4 already has enough tonal and pacing issues in the original. Lines like "you dastard" coming right before a mass execution do not help.

Actually, both Amid and Linda are different classes than Tinni and Arthur.

Actually, both Amid and Linda are different classes than Tinni and Arthur.

Oh. Your right. Amid does start as a wind mage. I forgot. I guess it only loads the wrong sprite in this case, then

Edited by sirmola

I'm going to assume this is a bug in the original game, but if you promote a unit when they have an item that increases stat(s), and the stat total is put above 30, the promotion gains show that stat as 30. Most people would see this on Ares equipped with Mystletainn when he promotes.

Edit: Probably already known/in the works, but the abbreviation for attack in the battle display should be ATK instead of ATC. Also, in the unit window modern FE games display the header of HP/max HP as HP/Max(MAX?) rather than HP/MHP.

Edited by Hozu

I don't know if this is a known/fixed bug yet but Tinni's map sprite in the chapter she joins is of a thunder mage, and not her own class, then again, it's a very minor detai.

This. It seems to only effect kids who you recruit from the enemy's army because when I've fooled around with hacking FE4 it's also effected Faval but not Sety. There's not really a way to fix it.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience using the cheat codes. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this specific code. I also used the level up-all stats up code but that will quit adding addups when a unit reaches 23-25 on a stat. It's not really important I was just seeing if anyone had any advice using these cheats. Thanks!

Edited by thegreathare

I used the gain experience = level-up code and the perfect level-up code, and when I leveled-up someone, on their level-up screen, their stats aside from HP, strength, magic, and skill, would be displayed as zero, and only their HP, strength, and magic would be shown to get increases, but then I would check their status screen, and I would see all their base stats (I think) had really gotten +1. But then I would reset the game and play without cheat codes, and I would totally get screwed with level-ups. Sigurd would level-up and not get even HP which shows that you have broken the game considering he has over a 100% HP growth. Also, if you have the perfect level-up code enabled, characters WILL stop gaining stats once they reach their caps.

Just pointing out that with the code, characters wouldn't somehow break their caps and break the game.

Fair enough. I had originally read that line as if you were warning someone about the code causing issues for some reason, but now I see what you meant.

This. It seems to only effect kids who you recruit from the enemy's army because when I've fooled around with hacking FE4 it's also effected Faval but not Sety. There's not really a way to fix it.

Oh. That explains why Arthur is not affected.

Well what I was wondering is while using the all stats up cheat m unites will stop receiving stat ups when they get anywhere from 18-27, Example Bridget is at level 16 and won't upgrade Res from her 18.

How is this noteworthy exactly? This sounds exactly like what happens without cheats

Well what I was wondering is while using the all stats up cheat m unites will stop receiving stat ups when they get anywhere from 18-27, Example Bridget is at level 16 and won't upgrade Res from her 18.

http://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/classes/maximum-stats/

This is what you're looking for.

Sorry for disturbing DDS on Twitter because I'm reporting horrible issues on the other game translation (Wizardry Gaiden IV: Throb of the Demon's Heart). Hope this final release patch out very soon (This is rumor or not) as DDS said on Twitter. I'm really sorry.

https://twitter.com/DDSTrans/status/755925692106366980

(I'm not sure like this)

Edited by gamerhenky

MqWju4F.png

Well that's um... interesting. All of Lana, Lester, Patty, and Faval were unpaired, while their parents were Midir for the first pair, and Lex for the second pair. I suspect it's because Faval went off to Dozel instead. Beta 7.

Edit: I suppose I should attach the save, huh.

FE4 beta 7.zip

Edited by Hozu

Alright, since I've now finally decided to try this out, I've decided I'd take on the job of "script revisor", as I consider myself to be something of a literary "connoisseur" (no idea if I spelled that right). So, here's my feedback on all of the opening text scroll: basically, I think it's good. But it suffers from an overabundance of the passive voice, and a few too many run-on sentences. This wouldn't normally be such a big deal, but the whole opening crawl is pretty big; you want to make the actual reading as exciting as you can to make up for it.

Finally, I don't know if this was a problem in the original script or not, but the text seems inconsistent on whether it uses past tense or present tense. So as a part of my revision, I put everything in the past tense to make things less confusing.

So in the link below, you will find the version I wrote of it, with a more "active" tone, alongside your origianl script. Thank you so much, and God bless you!

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=144855

Edited by FionordeQuester