FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

About that Fee and Ced conversation in where Fee calls him Cedsy as a nickname, wouldn't it been a charming idea to call him Sety instead?

If I recall correctly, when displaying the nicknames, the game just displays Ced/Hawke's name and throws a suffix on the end, so implementing this wouldn't be feasible.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used old save files with the new translation, so it should not be an issue. FE6's new translation is the ONLY fan translation that i can think of with incompatible saves across versions.

I also have had no problems converting save files, outside of the occasional, temporary graphical glitches.

If I recall correctly, when displaying the nicknames, the game just displays Ced/Hawke's name and throws a suffix on the end, so implementing this wouldn't be feasible.

No, it doesn't work that way.

It is also typed by the editor/translator like other text.

It's very easy to edit if he wants to.

The real issue here is if this is really his intentions, his choice of word or an other overlooked typo.

I'm not sure which is the case since a wikia page also uses Cedsy.

https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Fee

A fanfic also uses this name

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4749548/chapters/11085038

Edit: Maybe this is the new Vergil trend.

Edited by hanhnn

No, it doesn't work that way.

It is also typed by the editor/translator like other text.

It's very easy to edit if he wants to.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something bookofholsety wrote where he mentions that he had to use the -sy suffix because whatever he picked would be used with both Ced and Hawke, and that was one of the few suffixes that would work for both.

Edit: Maybe this is the new Vergil trend.

What the hell is it with you and Vergil? This particular comparison doesn't even make any sense.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something bookofholsety wrote where he mentions that he had to use the -sy suffix because whatever he picked would be used with both Ced and Hawke, and that was one of the few suffixes that would work for both.

It was intentional. I remember telling him at the time that I kept reading Hawkesy as Hawkesye.

Isn't it obvious?

Once you can change all the text in the game to display what you want, in English instead of Japanese, some random letter s or y won't be any problem.

Beside, in Japanese, Fee/Femina just call their brothers by name + oniichan, there is really no nickname here.

What the hell is it with you and Vergil? This particular comparison doesn't even make any sense.

Well, it had never made sense in the first place.

All of a sudden that people start being fan of a random made up name.

Once you can change all the text in the game to display what you want, in English instead of Japanese, some random letter s or y won't be any problem.

I have no clue how the dialogue system works in this game, but I get the feeling it's not as simple as you're making it out to be. If it were, this patch probably would have been done a while ago.

I have no clue how the dialogue system works in this game, but I get the feeling it's not as simple as you're making it out to be. If it were, this patch probably would have been done a while ago.

You're missing the main point, none of this Cedsy thing was ever been in the old patches.

It's not a technical issue.

Edited by hanhnn

Don't know if this was caught yet, but I can report 2 errors with the ending. This might be because I had been playing the game with a different patch, and essentially did just the ending on Project Naga (though I'll be using it more in future). Haven't read through the thread, so if any have already come up, sorry. Oh, and was playing this on Higan, if emulator is relevant.

The first is during the Jungby section, where I got this image after Faval and Lester. For reference, neither had been paired off, and their dads were Midir!Lester and Holyn!Faval.

post-9493-0-00647300-1474543040_thumb.png

(I don't.... I just don't know why)

The second is in the scores. For ALL characters, the number of deaths is the same number: 116. And while I know I am far from amazing at this series, I can't think any of them died that much.

post-9493-0-46596300-1474543058_thumb.png

Isn't it obvious?

Beside, in Japanese, Fee/Femina just call their brothers by name + oniichan, there is really no nickname here.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it's not feasible due to the way the nickname is currently implemented. Sure, it could be changed, but it's not worth going through all that effort to change it when it's pretty much fine as it is.

This is an English patch, so oniichan has no place in it. Instead, bookofholsety decided to keep the spirit of what Fee was saying by using a nickname. It's called localization.

Well, it had never made sense in the first place.

All of a sudden that people start being fan of a random made up name.

The thing about Vergil that made people so irrationally angry was that the original Japanese name was completely ignored and replaced with something else. That's not in any way analogous to this.

In English

In this download that a,a i am sending,were the bugs,in this patch v7 (in format 7zip)

I killed Isthor before Liza,and this error happen.

Please download it,and fix the error.

Tinny talk,not Isthor,in this bug.

http://filenurse.com/download/4f679e60912b2d1343e24eeecb276682.html

En español

En este descarga,les envio los bugs que tuve en el Cap 7,cuando mate a Isthor (antes que Liza),y tuve un error

en su dialogo,cuando moria.

Por favor,corriganlo.

Es un archivo zip,con imagenes.

Tinny habla en vez de Isthor

http://filenurse.com/download/4f679e60912b2d1343e24eeecb276682.html

GoodBye-Adios

Unless you mean save states, then probably. SNES9x and ZSNES both use the same format(.srm) for battery saves, so it should be fine.

I don't think and of the changes in this patch would affect the format of the save file, but I can't say for sure. Give it a try and see what happens.

I have used old save files with the new translation, so it should not be an issue. FE6's new translation is the ONLY fan translation that i can think of with incompatible saves across versions.

Really, really late response, but thanks

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it's not feasible due to the way the nickname is currently implemented. Sure, it could be changed, but it's not worth going through all that effort to change it when it's pretty much fine as it is.

This is an English patch, so oniichan has no place in it. Instead, bookofholsety decided to keep the spirit of what Fee was saying by using a nickname. It's called localization.

The thing about Vergil that made people so irrationally angry was that the original Japanese name was completely ignored and replaced with something else. That's not in any way analogous to this.

I can't understand this logic.

First it's a technical issue he can't overcome now it's a brilliant localization.

How leaving them by real names Ced and Hawke is not worth the effort, while making up weird names is?

English

I encounter other error.

My Johan,are in sleep state,and i send him with Warp magic,to the castle,and

i encounter a error in the font.View in attach files.

Spanish

Encontre otro error.

Mi Johan estaba dormido,y lo envie con Warp al Castillo,y vi un error de fuente.

Vean en attach files,una imagen.

Adios-GoodBye

post-23419-0-01135300-1474726430_thumb.png

I can't understand this logic.

First it's a technical issue he can't overcome now it's a brilliant localization.

How leaving them by real names Ced and Hawke is not worth the effort, while making up weird names is?

I never said it was a technical issue he couldn't overcome, I said it wasn't worth the effort to overcome.

Making up "weird" names takes less effort than leaving them with their real names.

Don't know if this was caught yet, but I can report 2 errors with the ending. This might be because I had been playing the game with a different patch, and essentially did just the ending on Project Naga (though I'll be using it more in future). Haven't read through the thread, so if any have already come up, sorry. Oh, and was playing this on Higan, if emulator is relevant.

The first is during the Jungby section, where I got this image after Faval and Lester. For reference, neither had been paired off, and their dads were Midir!Lester and Holyn!Faval.

attachicon.gifGlitch found(Jungby, after Lester).png

(I don't.... I just don't know why)

The second is in the scores. For ALL characters, the number of deaths is the same number: 116. And while I know I am far from amazing at this series, I can't think any of them died that much.

attachicon.gifAll the losses are like this.png

For your second problem, this is a glitch that happens when defeating Julius with a character who has Canto. This happened to me too when I finished him off with Seliph and every unit of mine had 116 losses. Here's where I posted it. They have mentioned this before, but they haven't mentioned it since (they've been busy squashing other bugs).

As for your first, I don't have an answer for that one.

For your second problem, this is a glitch that happens when defeating Julius with a character who has Canto. This happened to me too when I finished him off with Seliph and every unit of mine had 116 losses. Here's where I posted it. They have mentioned this before, but they haven't mentioned it since (they've been busy squashing other bugs).

As for your first, I don't have an answer for that one.

Alright, I was wondering about those losses, and now I know I should have stuck with killing Julius with Ichival (Best Holy weapon (/s)). Least that's been covered.

That makes me wonder... does that losses issue and/or the arena leveling bug exist on console/higan?

Can confirm losses issue on Higan. Using Beta 7 though, and arena leveling does gain stats (which was confirmed as fixed for Beta 7 earlier on in the thread)

Found a little grammatical error.

NR1Qrjy.png

"Duke Langbalt and his army" constitutes a plural, so it should be "stand ready".

Actually, you're wrong. Any regular verb in the 3rd singular person ends with and s. And since there is only one army...

Well, unless you mean that Duke Langbalt and his army are two different objects. This could work, I guess. especially since Langbalt is so freakin powerful and tanky