FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

Hattusili is correct. If we were to talk about someone named Jennifer and her family, we would use the third plural person as well, even though Jennifer is part of the family. Ex: Jennifer and her family go shopping every Tuesday.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...What kind of drugs was I smoking this evening? JK, drugs are bad for you

Well, I'm sorry for doubting of you. I guess this is what happens when you overestimate your bilingual skills...

Edited by OliKad

Found a little grammatical error.

NR1Qrjy.png

"Duke Langbalt and his army" constitutes a plural, so it should be "stand ready".

Actually, you're wrong. Any regular verb in the 3rd singular person ends with and s. And since there is only one army...

Both are correct, actually. Langobalt is the simple subject and can be used, so "Langobalt stands" is correct, but complex subject "Langobalt and his army stand" is also correct. From a native American English speaker.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are some bizarre bugs. I downloaded your save files and tried loading them to trigger the conversation, but they seemed to play out normally. What emulator are you using to play this? And is this with the latest patch on the top post?

Also, can anyone else try downloading those save files and see if it does the same thing?

You tried and there is no error, then I think I am using an incorrect rom or old patch.
However, i finished the game in my 3ds yesterday, and found no errors after the chapter 9.
Name: FIREEMBLEM4
Speed: 35/FastROM
ROM Map: HiROM
Type: 02
Kart contents: ROM+RAM+BAT
Header ROM Size: 32Mbits
Calculated ROM Size: 48 Mbits
SRAM size: 64Kbits (64Kbit)
Actual Checksum: A1CE
Header Checksum: 6562
Header Checksum Compliment: 9A9D
Output: NTSC 60Hz
CRC32:	44AC397C
Licensee: Nintendo
ROM Version: 1.0
Region: Japan

You tried and there is no error, then I think I am using an incorrect rom or old patch.
However, i finished the game in my 3ds yesterday, and found no errors after the chapter 9.
Name: FIREEMBLEM4
Speed: 35/FastROM
ROM Map: HiROM
Type: 02
Kart contents: ROM+RAM+BAT
Header ROM Size: 32Mbits
Calculated ROM Size: 48 Mbits
SRAM size: 64Kbits (64Kbit)
Actual Checksum: A1CE
Header Checksum: 6562
Header Checksum Compliment: 9A9D
Output: NTSC 60Hz
CRC32:	44AC397C
Licensee: Nintendo
ROM Version: 1.0
Region: Japan

HOw did you even get this rom to play on the 3ds? Lots of people were having trouble doing that earlier. Wasn't it impossible due to the expanded rom not playing nice with the VC emulater?

Edited by sirmola

Celice and Julia are still pairable in Project Naga, I've done it myself. Have you reset your game? You cannot have reset your game at all in generation 2 to pair them. Else just follow the guide on Serenes, for it works. If you have reset your game, then they cannot be paired, so you'll have to resort to the cheats or deal with Celice being with a different girl/single.

The serenes information conflicts with other stuff that I've read. I started Gen 2 and haven't reset and I get in a square with Seliph, Lana, Larcei, and Julia to make the Jealousy System work. But according to the Augur Seliph has no feelings for anyone and he does not become lovers with Julia in two turns. Explain??

There's a spelling error in the conversation between Ced and Fee in Chapter 8. Instead of Silesse, Fee says Sllesse. Also, I do have a screenshot of the conversation, but I don't know how to post it. Can anyone help? I know it's a bit of a stupid question.

There's a spelling error in the conversation between Ced and Fee in Chapter 8. Instead of Silesse, Fee says Sllesse. Also, I do have a screenshot of the conversation, but I don't know how to post it. Can anyone help? I know it's a bit of a stupid question.

Post it on imgur and include the url when you select image.

This looks incredible. It looks like you were even able to translate all those little Japanese things only too. But this is gonna sound hella lame but I'm so used to the original translation that I can't stand to call Celice, Seliph...despite Awakening said that's his name haha

Beat FE4 for the first time using this translation patch and it was great! Thanks for all your hard work. Out of curiosity, will you be making any more translation patches? FE1,2,3 and 5 still need good patches.

FE1 and FE2 patches are actually really good if you ask me. FE1 even got a brand-new one very recently by Megakoopax, but it just went by unnoticed, so...

FE3's patch does the job okay, but it sure can be better. But that's nothing compared to the atrocity of FE5! :o