FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

FE1 and FE2 patches are actually really good if you ask me. FE1 even got a brand-new one very recently by Megakoopax, but it just went by unnoticed, so...

FE3's patch does the job okay, but it sure can be better. But that's nothing compared to the atrocity of FE5! :o

Some improvements to the FE3 patch would be very much appreciated, if you ask me.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's obviously not perfect, but there's no ''In America!'' or garbled dialogue in it, plus all the menus are decently translated, so there's at least that. ;)

Yeah, it's obviously not perfect, but there's no ''In America!'' or garbled dialogue in it, plus all the menus are decently translated, so there's at least that. ;)

I totally forgot about the "In America" haha. Yeah it was odd but I laughed.

I totally forgot about the "In America" haha. Yeah it was odd but I laughed.

What about the "JUST AS PLANNED!" in chapter 23 when the dark bishop gets his long-ranged tome?

Or the "The fire of JUSTICE!" when Saias tells Ced that he's from Velthomer?

How about when Ced describes himself as "The mage that smites evil." when he appears and one-shots the dark bishop?

What about the "JUST AS PLANNED!" in chapter 23 when the dark bishop gets his long-ranged tome?

Or the "The fire of JUSTICE!" when Saias tells Ced that he's from Velthomer?

How about when Ced describes himself as "The mage that smites evil." when he appears and one-shots the dark bishop?

Good times. :3

I'm planning on playing this game now. As you have seen from my Ending Project, I will capture every single ending variation, which is great because the patch author is looking for tests in that area.

So, does anyone have a list of what combinations need to be checked? Or does anyone have save states at the end with different pairings so I can check it out and do the ones that are missing?

I'm planning on playing this game now. As you have seen from my Ending Project, I will capture every single ending variation, which is great because the patch author is looking for tests in that area.

So, does anyone have a list of what combinations need to be checked? Or does anyone have save states at the end with different pairings so I can check it out and do the ones that are missing?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=21767

This is an old thread.

To get all the ending, you need to try all possible pairings, both Gen 1 and Gen 2.

For example, Sety will inherit Verdane and rebuild it if Jamuka is his father. He'll go to Silesia if Levin is the father.

Whoever Sety marries will come along with him, except Tinny (or maybe also Linda), in case Sety's father is just a commoner, not noble, I think he will come with Tinny to Freege.

But I don't know in the case if Sety dies, what his wife will do.

Any unmarried girls, I think they'll come with their brother back to their home country, instead of tagging along with the husband.

Edited by hanhnn

Man, this is a mess. I first have to play the game entirely to understand this whole generation and lovers system. Right now I might as well be reading chinese since I don't understand what anything means.

And unfortunately, that Engine Generator link is dead. Was anyone able to save it?

Man, this is a mess. I first have to play the game entirely to understand this whole generation and lovers system. Right now I might as well be reading chinese since I don't understand what anything means.

And unfortunately, that Engine Generator link is dead. Was anyone able to save it?

Found these after reading the old threads

http://acenoctali.free.fr/f-fe4/texte_fin_FE4.htm

http://acenoctali.free.fr/f-fe4/ending_map_english.htm

http://acenoctali.free.fr/f-fe4/edda_convo.htm

http://i.imgur.com/9udeVIZ.png Surprised I missed that typo twice before. Lowercase i in Aideen's text. Chapter 4 Brave bow conversation with Midir.

Also, the description for Miracle is a bit misleading. "May endure lethal hits in a pinch" is what it says, but it increases avoid rather than making you survive a hit. It should probably say something like "Increases avoid in a pinch". Adept says "May strike foe two successive times, if user is faster" but the unit doesn't have to be faster than the opponent to activate it.

Edited by Hozu

http://i.imgur.com/9udeVIZ.png Surprised I missed that typo twice before. Lowercase i in Aideen's text. Chapter 4 Brave bow conversation with Midir.

Also, the description for Miracle is a bit misleading. "May endure lethal hits in a pinch" is what it says, but it increases avoid rather than making you survive a hit. It should probably say something like "Increases avoid in a pinch". Adept says "May strike foe two successive times, if user is faster" but the unit doesn't have to be faster than the opponent to activate it.

...You still insist on bringing out Arden? xD

That aside, it's kinda true that those skill descriptions are not spot-on, but maybe it was described like this in the original SFC version...?

g4VRRs3.jpg

Is the comma after “Edda” really necessary?

(Intro to the Prologue)

v6_Pi4WTnfU.jpg

I believe there's a space missing between the first full stop and the “The” in the beginning of the next sentence.

(Travant-to-Hannibal talk prior to Chapter 9)

Edited by Vaximillian

Question for DDS - when you get the updated text for the next version of the patch, could you look into seeing if it's possible to get the patched ROM to 4MB/32MiB? I've looked into the VC releases of SNES games, and there have been none larger than that, so it's not possible to inject any ROM larger than that. I have a feeling it may not be possible due to the additional space taken up by the translated text, but it would be nice if it were possible to play on n3DS without slowdowns and/or emulation issues. If you don't want to, that's fine.

I've finally gotten around to playing the patch and am currently at chapter 3. So far there's been no issues with the game, except one time when the title demo was playing for a split second everything got glitchy and garbled but again, it lasted only a second and it never happened in all the other times I've loaded it up. It's very refreshing to see such a nice patch after finishing FE3 and getting that glitchy perfect ending chronology.

To the Project Naga team;

I just realized that while TMS#FE has a massive Archanea bias, most of the carnages are actually non archanea weapons. Ragnell, Sol Katti, Balmung, Tyrfing, etc. show up, potentially on account of Awakening- but it just occurred to me maybe some previously untranslated Jugdral weapons might've slipped through the cracks at the rate they went with it. Might be worth a quick glance over I think; don't know enough of Jugdral weapons to determine if something in TMS got an official name or not

She's like the least consistent person ever when it comes to names. No official name in English; Japanese merchandise calls her Adean, this patch calls her Aideen, and no-one's sure what it's really meant to be. Spell checker doesn't kill me when I mention Aideen so I tend to go with that. Let's just pretend it's 2000 again; have Deu stand in front of Edin...