FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

The reason the rom was expanded was so there would be room for all the new graphics and whatnot. The way menus are handled in the patch also take up lots of space.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they had to expand the rom, to have enough space for the changes they made. I'm not a programmer/coder, but I recall trying to hack Shining Force (by adding some new spell levels) and had to expand the rom size.

I honestly don't see the need for the changes to the names. :)

The patch already changed their names so there is no reason to change them again. The names are fine as they are. Just because we got Heroes doesn't mean we have to give the translators more work. So just calm down a bit. What difference does name changing make? We know their names.

Also this patch was very successful, played through the entire game no errors no problems. :)

Really looking forward to Thracia 776 translation.

• 2 weeks later...

Im sort of new to FE4 and i been playing some patches like FE4 remix and shin patch, but... remix is kind of unfair and shin patch got some bad translations.

I want to play using project naga patch but with some added difficulty. I know that FE4 remix  works with naga but remix is very unfair at throwing you a several enemies with 1-2 range that can 1turnkill most units at the very start of the game.

So i will like to ask for some difficulty patch that is compatible with naga translation

Im sort of new to FE4 and i been playing some patches like FE4 remix and shin patch, but... remix is kind of unfair and shin patch got some bad translations.

I want to play using project naga patch but with some added difficulty. I know that FE4 remix  works with naga but remix is very unfair at throwing you a several enemies with 1-2 range that can 1turnkill most units at the very start of the game.

So i will like to ask for some difficulty patch that is compatible with naga translation

On 4/26/2017 at 1:02 PM, frostlax said:

I don' think any of those exist yet. It has been out for a relatively short amount of time, and the tools were all designed either for the old patch, or for the untranslated game. It's possible that someone has a "numbers patch" (so called because it only changes numbers) somewhere on the fan projects sub-forum, though.

Name (in)consistencies aside, because we all know we'll never make everyone happy on that front, can we expect a general bugfix/typo fix release any time soon? It feels a bit overdue now.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing, really looking forward to the update- I feared the Divine Dragon King's project had croaked!

this will hopefully give them time to implement official names they trickle out through FE Heroes as well

edit: I don't know if this was picked up by the translation patch but if it wasn't I realized something for bookofholsety

Calude mentions Aegir in the context of life force when talking about the Valkyria staff. Of course, rather infamously, Aegir was localized as Quintessence in FE7- that probably qualifies as an official localized name for Aegir for the purposes of this patch

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

1 hour ago, Meanlucario said:

Quick Question: What do I need to use this?

A SNES emulator, like SNES 9X
a clean rom of FE4
the translation patch file
Lunar.ips to patch the translation to the rom

• 5 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Raven Sykes said:

For some reason, A regular ROM works, but when patched it says in the XNES9 emulator its corrupted, any explanations for this?

A patch means it will corrupt the rom to get the result its author wants.

1 hour ago, Raven Sykes said:

But the Patch when used with the ROM won't even load Genalogy at all, am I doing something wrong or?

Did you patch a clean, jpn rom? There's a lot of roms out there prepatched with the old english translation, make sure yours is the original japanese rom

1 minute ago, Raven Sykes said:

Yeah when I load the game in japanese its fine, but when I do it with the Patch it won't load, if its the ROM, can someone link me a reliable one?

You might be loading the wrong patch. If I recall right, there's a headered and unheadered version of the patch. Try using the version you aren't using and see if that works.

Public ROM exchange is not allowed on the forums due to legal issues.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems