FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

6 minutes ago, FEfan12 said:

I'm using Snes 9x Ex+ with both IPS patches but the game still does not run.  It runs on my laptop though.  Did you transfer it to your phone after patching it on your computer?

I don’t remember, but probably yes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally just signed up to reply because I was so happy when I found the fix to your problem.  After Googling around I found out that you have to put the unpatched rom into whatever folder you put the games in, as well as the patch (but keep them seperate).  Then rename the rom with the name of the patch.  The game should then load perfectly!  

Sorry if I seem incredibly stupid here. I hate having to ask for help from people online, but I wouldn't do it unless I have to. So here I am, kindly asking for someone to help me with downloading the game to my phone. I've been trying to understand what I have to do for the lesser part of two days now, and I still can't make heads or tails of what I need to download, where I need to put everything, if they need to be renamed, etc. I probably look incredibly unintelligent now, I'm guessing. But hey, if someone can kindly take the time out of their day to give me a tiny step by step guide to downloading to my phone this, it'd make my day a whole lot easier, and probably others that are in the same perdicament. So if you do decide to help, thanks a ton in advance.

Edited by ToxicStall

3 hours ago, ToxicStall said:

Sorry if I seem incredibly stupid here. I hate having to ask for help from people online, but I wouldn't do it unless I have to. So here I am, kindly asking for someone to help me with downloading the game to my phone. I've been trying to understand what I have to do for the lesser part of two days now, and I still can't make heads or tails of what I need to download, where I need to put everything, if they need to be renamed, etc. I probably look incredibly unintelligent now, I'm guessing. But hey, if someone can kindly take the time out of their day to give me a tiny step by step guide to downloading to my phone this, it'd make my day a whole lot easier, and probably others that are in the same perdicament. So if you do decide to help, thanks a ton in advance.

I played FE4 on my phone. I can try helping you if you have an Android. Idk about iOS. From what I've heard, it's pretty hard to emulate on iPhones.

On 29/12/2017 at 6:12 PM, avengerfive said:

I played FE4 on my phone. I can try helping you if you have an Android. Idk about iOS. From what I've heard, it's pretty hard to emulate on iPhones.

Please, that'd be so helpful. To make everything easier, yes, I do have Android. Ready when you are

Edited by AzamaMeta

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on this patch's progress? I know a further revision has been quietly in the works for quite some time following the other sites with info on this patch, with Lachesis even having her name changed to match Heroes (at least at one point), but it's been pretty quiet for a long while now so I'm curious.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28.12.2017 at 3:06 AM, soraskeyblade said:

I've attempted to get this translated version of Genealogy on the SNES classic with Hakchi, but the screen just goes blank when I attempt to play it. I know that you can't do this translation with ZSNES, is it the same case with the SNES classic?

Has anyone managed to run this on SNES classic?
I own the correct ROM and succesfully patched it with Lunar IPS,
but all I get is a black screen, too. :huh:

On 2/14/2018 at 2:19 PM, Nifty79 said:

Has anyone managed to run this on SNES classic?
I own the correct ROM and succesfully patched it with Lunar IPS,
but all I get is a black screen, too. :huh:

I'm having troubles with that as well.

It's weird because the original Japanese version works fine on there. I also have the MaternalBound patch of Earthbound on my SNES Classic and that's working wonders too. But as soon as I put the new translation patch on my SNES Classic I get a black screen when I start the game (which sucks because this translation is amazing).

On 16.2.2018 at 10:15 AM, PersonWithTime said:

I'm having troubles with that as well.

It's weird because the original Japanese version works fine on there. I also have the MaternalBound patch of Earthbound on my SNES Classic and that's working wonders too. But as soon as I put the new translation patch on my SNES Classic I get a black screen when I start the game (which sucks because this translation is amazing).

I fixed it by installing the snes9x core included with the current release of hakchi2 CE,
and adding --retroarch to the game's command line arguments.

It runs just fine now. :B):

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finally getting around to playing this new patch. I'm so used to the names from the original that I read them as such. I do wish some of the dialogue from the original translation stayed the same though. Some of this new stuff sounds too "Nintendo of America". Still, it will be nice to see the ending credits haha.  

I'm also having trouble running this on android. I have the snes9x EX+ emulator, which ran the unpatched Rom and gharnef patch perfectly. I have patched and ran the project naga version without issue on my PC, so I copied the file onto an sd card on my phone. Everytime I clicked on it though, the app said error loading game. So I downloaded a prepatched Rom from Google, didn't work either. Then I took a clean Rom and patched it on my phone, still didn't work. It seems that the app does not want to work with this patch on my phone. Does anyone know what I should do to get it to work?

Edit: Got it to work with RetroArch

Edited by Kitty-cay

Project Naga is twice the size of the largest standard SNES games, at 8MB. Some emulators are simply incompatible with such ROMs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey one of the main reasons I joined was to thank some of the fan translations I have been playing through including this one.  I had played through FE4 a few times with the old original patch, however this new one is awesome and much more comprehensive.  I am thoroughly enjoying going through my favorite game of the series with this new complete translation.  

• 2 weeks later...

I can't begin to imagine the amount of work that went into this. Regardless of whether or not you continue work on the patch, know that everyone involved has done stellar work. You should all be proud.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 8:31 AM, emmanoelbs said:

So this patch also doesn't work on the snes classic edition?

I just installed it yesterday on my snes classic and it works.  Took me awhile to try but it worked using snes9x2010 core through retroarch

I signed up to this forum just to say thanks to everyone involved in testing and making this translation a reality.  This is my 2nd Fire Emblem experience (the first with Fire Emblem on GBA but wasn't very impressed with the story) and I played through the prologue last night and it was such an epic experience.  From the story to the battle system to the sheer amount of characters (which is actually a bit overwhelming right now) to the music...it's all amazing so far (this probably isn't new to all the veterans of the FE franchise).  I'm a big fan of tactical RPGs (FFT being one of my favorites) but playing this last night really reminded me why I love these types of games and this really got me excited about the FE franchise as a whole. 

So thanks again and keep up the great work. :)

Sorry for posting this later, but I have an issue. I don't think nobody is taking this translation seriously anymore. There is a bug that freezes the game at the title screen. Once you hit the start button, the main menu never shows up. That has not been fixed up until now. If someone got around that part, let me know on how you did that, because I've looked everywhere for a solution to no avail and I really want to play this game!

Also, no updates since the release of FE Heroes, especially regarding the name translations. Are we just gonna ignore that fact or are all the characters got their names translated exactly as it appeared on that patch?

Edited by mii

9 hours ago, mii said:

Sorry for posting this later, but I have an issue. I don't think nobody is taking this translation seriously anymore. There is a bug that freezes the game at the title screen. Once you hit the start button, the main menu never shows up. That has not been fixed up until now. If someone got around that part, let me know on how you did that, because I've looked everywhere for a solution to no avail and I really want to play this game!

Also, no updates since the release of FE Heroes, especially regarding the name translations. Are we just gonna ignore that fact or are all the characters got their names translated exactly as it appeared on that patch?

What emulator are you using? This patch has been out for almost two years. If there really was a bug like so, someone would have reported it long ago.