FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

4 hours ago, RayDreamer said:

I have a save for chapter 3. The first save slot is the beginning of chapter 3. The rest are all various midpoints in chapter 3. The saves are from Snes9x but should work in most other emulators.

Fire Emblem - Genealogy of the Holy War.oops

Fire Emblem - Genealogy of the Holy War.srm

Thank you so much, the OOPs file worked perfectly!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Valflame animation is messed up in the end of chapter 5 cutscene. I tested this after seeing the thread, comparing the original unpatched game with the latest beta, on Snes9x 1.56.2 (ie. the latest version) On the unpatched game it worked fine, of course, but on the patched version with everything else the screen, the little meteors impact at the top of the screen instead of around/onto the target. Not sure if this is a problem anywhere else in the game. Is this an issue on a more accurate like higan or on console?

Edited by Hozu

On 11/8/2018 at 8:08 PM, Hozu said:

The Valflame animation is messed up in the end of chapter 5 cutscene. I tested this after seeing the thread, comparing the original unpatched game with the latest beta, on Snes9x 1.56.2 (ie. the latest version) On the unpatched game it worked fine, of course, but on the patched version with everything else the screen, the little meteors impact at the top of the screen instead of around/onto the target. Not sure if this is a problem anywhere else in the game. Is this an issue on a more accurate like higan or on console?

I noticed that too. Running RetroArch with a bsnes-mercury core, if that matters. It's not a big issue but it's something!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/18/2019 at 9:19 PM, Jonahtron said:

Not sure if anyone cares, but I tried puting a rom with this patch into my snes classic, and it does not work. I assume it's because the snes classic's emulator is more similar to zsnes then snes9x. 

I did the same thing, but have it working. Looking forward to playing this game for the first time!

I'm using the old hakchi 2 (not ce) with retroarch to run this game. Try downloading retroarch with a snes9x core. I'm pretty sure you still need to add '--retroarch' at the end of the command line to make retroarch run it on the ce version. If I'm wrong, just look up how to use snes cores with retroarch in hakchi 2ce. Have another go, it's definitely possible. Good luck!

Edited by J42

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, eyeballfrog said:

I realize it's a nontrivial change, but would it be possible to make the battle forecast use the modern simplified style? Constantly having to mentally subtract to figure out damage is annoying, and one of my friends stopped playing the game because of it.

Nope.avi

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 9:39 AM, J42 said:

I did the same thing, but have it working. Looking forward to playing this game for the first time!

I'm using the old hakchi 2 (not ce) with retroarch to run this game. Try downloading retroarch with a snes9x core. I'm pretty sure you still need to add '--retroarch' at the end of the command line to make retroarch run it on the ce version. If I'm wrong, just look up how to use snes cores with retroarch in hakchi 2ce. Have another go, it's definitely possible. Good luck!

Hey, it’s been awhile, but I did finally get it to work. This also let me play Thracia and Wario’s Woods on my snes classic. Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In Chapter 7, if you kill Ishtore before you kill Liza (which I accomplished with the use of the Sleep sword), this happens:

414156528_FireEmblem-SeisennoKeifu001.png.540a486d99b2b4c13dd51c23c6488b47.png340901256_FireEmblem-SeisennoKeifu002.png.b332ff1103ef8a74df5548928cd6862d.png

The text also skips from the first line to the second as soon as it's finished displaying (ie, without you pressing the A button).

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, RJWalker said:

In Chapter 7, if you kill Ishtore before you kill Liza (which I accomplished with the use of the Sleep sword), this happens:

414156528_FireEmblem-SeisennoKeifu001.png.540a486d99b2b4c13dd51c23c6488b47.png340901256_FireEmblem-SeisennoKeifu002.png.b332ff1103ef8a74df5548928cd6862d.png

The text also skips from the first line to the second as soon as it's finished displaying (ie, without you pressing the A button).

Well, do you have a .SRM file that can prove it?

Edited by LittleWittleKitty
I forgot to add the word file.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone here familar with 3DS homebrew? Trying to inject a rom of this game, with the translation patch applied to my console and am having no luck with it.

I can get the game on the 3DS no problem, but it keeps crashing as soon as I try to start it.

Edit: Got it working, as well as a translated Tharacia on it. So feel free to disregard this post.

Edited by Faellin

Not gonna lie, i can't wait to see this project updated and fully completed, with the new official names for characters and weapons, and all the good stuff, it's been a long run for this project and it surely is the best out there, good luck on finishing it my dude.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 10:42 PM, Faellin said:

Anyone here familar with 3DS homebrew? Trying to inject a rom of this game, with the translation patch applied to my console and am having no luck with it.

I can get the game on the 3DS no problem, but it keeps crashing as soon as I try to start it.

Edit: Got it working, as well as a translated Tharacia on it. So feel free to disregard this post.

In case anyone sees this in the future, I have it up and running perfectly on my 3ds:

1. Rename the clean, Japanese ROM so the filename is identical to the patch (dont mess w/ file extensions).

2. Copy the ROM and appropriate .ips patch into the SAME folder, wherever, on your 3ds.

3. Load the ROM and let Snes9x apply the patch automatically for you.

Fast Forward has never caused a crash for me (you'll need it).

Edited by AyraXLex

For Android people, I was finally able to get this to run properly in John NESS and Super Retro 16. None of the other popular SNES emulators seemed to run this without some glaring issue. 

Super Retro 16 also has a button that opens up GameFAQs which I find absolutely hilarious.