Jump to content
bookofholsety

FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Yes I know what it's referencing mythologically speaking but Raquesis is stuck up enough the fancy ass French flair fits.

There is nothing French sounding about "Raquesis".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Lachesis is the name of one of the Three Fates of Greek mythology, so yeah. It IS a real name, and fits in with FE wholesale lifting names from mythology all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with bookofholsety's opinion. While I'm leaning towards official for the website names, Heroes comes out soon anyway, so better safe than sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone managed to get this to run on PSP? No matter what SNES EMU I use it doesn't work, but the game runs fine if i load the game clean without a patch.

Runs fine on pc with patch however. 

Edited by Lucis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lucis said:

Has anyone managed to get this to run on PSP? No matter what SNES EMU I use it doesn't work, but the game runs fine if i load the game clean without a patch.

Runs fine on pc with patch however. 

What emulator are you using out of curiosity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lucis said:

Has anyone managed to get this to run on PSP? No matter what SNES EMU I use it doesn't work, but the game runs fine if i load the game clean without a patch.

Runs fine on pc with patch however. 

The PSP SNES emulators IIRC are kinda old so they may not support the expanded ROM size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2017 at 9:59 PM, riou123 said:

little error

if Tailtiu dies while married to Arden, she mentions Erin rather than him

Do you have a save that can reproduce this? I had this happen to me once, but I thought it was because I had been using cheats on my game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2017 at 8:37 AM, Dayni said:

What emulator are you using out of curiosity?

Snes9x, Snes9x Euphoria, Snes9x TYL, none seem to work. 

On 1/27/2017 at 9:43 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

The PSP SNES emulators IIRC are kinda old so they may not support the expanded ROM size.

That makes sense. Would this translation happen to be exceptionally larger than other FE4 translations? I find it odd that I can get Thracia to run but not FE 3 or 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucis said:

That makes sense. Would this translation happen to be exceptionally larger than other FE4 translations? I find it odd that I can get Thracia to run but not FE 3 or 4. 

Indeed it is; a patched Project Naga ROM is 8MB big. The vanilla game and older translations are only 4MB, for comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darrman said:

Indeed it is; a patched Project Naga ROM is 8MB big. The vanilla game and older translations are only 4MB, for comparison.

Ok thank you. Guess I'd have to rely on older translations for psp use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got around to finishing a run. Here are some things:
In Barhara, if Oifey is married his wife doesn't appear or speak at all. His lover was Patty in this case.
Verdane's epilogue (with Jamke's son inheriting it) breaks and messes with the rest of the remaining text
Silesse became a democratic state, I guess. Only Hawke is mentioned (and is apparently a plural noun though this might just be a side effect of something I did). Lewyn's son (Cairpre) completely disappeared in the wind. you reap what you sow lewyn 10/10, would revisit this exact outcome again

XxO3GNB.pnghoxOeWX.pngRwjTpuN.png

Oh and the game crashes after the game clear results. Not a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, i've ran into a problem and it prevents me from playing the game. As soon as i press start on the title screen, the bottom of the screen glitches a bit and then the game softlocks itself. It might be something simple but i'm just too stupid to understand.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ember said:

So, i've ran into a problem and it prevents me from playing the game. As soon as i press start on the title screen, the bottom of the screen glitches a bit and then the game softlocks itself. It might be something simple but i'm just too stupid to understand.

Are you using a Japanese ROM with the right checksum, and the right patch depending on whether it has a header or not?

Also, the majority of my testing has been done on Snes9X and Bsnes, so I can't vouch for it working on other emulators, such as Zsnes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2017 at 11:11 PM, Chalis said:

Finally got around to finishing a run. Here are some things:
In Barhara, if Oifey is married his wife doesn't appear or speak at all. His lover was Patty in this case.
Verdane's epilogue (with Jamke's son inheriting it) breaks and messes with the rest of the remaining text
Silesse became a democratic state, I guess. Only Hawke is mentioned (and is apparently a plural noun though this might just be a side effect of something I did). Lewyn's son (Cairpre) completely disappeared in the wind. you reap what you sow lewyn 10/10, would revisit this exact outcome again

Oh and the game crashes after the game clear results. Not a big deal.

There should be text for Oifey's wife speaking during the ending. Unless it was added after the last patch release? I can see the script command that loads the text.

About the broken Verdane ending, I have that fixed locally from an earlier bug report, but I don't think it's in any released patches yet. Maybe I should just update the patch anyway...

If you mean the "<name> devoted their life" in Silesse's ending, that was a way to handle both male and female names. And I think the way the ending is wired, it'll only mention either the second generation's wind mage or Erin's daughter. (Do I have to start calling her Erinys?)

Do you have a savefile I can use to test those issues? Also, which emulator did you use to play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DDS said:

Are you using a Japanese ROM with the right checksum, and the right patch depending on whether it has a header or not?

Also, the majority of my testing has been done on Snes9X and Bsnes, so I can't vouch for it working on other emulators, such as Zsnes.

I'm not sure about the checksum, i'll check that soon. I'm pretty sure it's the right patch considering the other patch didn't even let me open the rom.

I'm using Snes9X as the emulator though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a funny weird bug, forgot to screencap it, but when the Ullur guys left for Jungby in the ending, I saw Faval (father was Holyn), Lester (father was Midir), both unpaired, but then I also saw.... generic mustache villager man, whom Celice oddly referred to as "Sigurd". Only Faval and Lester entered Barhara castle, and only they left it, too, so lolwhat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CappnRob said:

Had a funny weird bug, forgot to screencap it, but when the Ullur guys left for Jungby in the ending, I saw Faval (father was Holyn), Lester (father was Midir), both unpaired, but then I also saw.... generic mustache villager man, whom Celice oddly referred to as "Sigurd". Only Faval and Lester entered Barhara castle, and only they left it, too, so lolwhat.

Heh, yeah, that one was reported a few pages back. That block of text had a typo for the character to load, and I have it fixed on my end now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2017 at 11:11 PM, Chalis said:

Finally got around to finishing a run. Here are some things:
In Barhara, if Oifey is married his wife doesn't appear or speak at all. His lover was Patty in this case.
Verdane's epilogue (with Jamke's son inheriting it) breaks and messes with the rest of the remaining text
Silesse became a democratic state, I guess. Only Hawke is mentioned (and is apparently a plural noun though this might just be a side effect of something I did). Lewyn's son (Cairpre) completely disappeared in the wind. you reap what you sow lewyn 10/10, would revisit this exact outcome again

Oh and the game crashes after the game clear results. Not a big deal.

Thanks for sending me your save file. I ran it through my local copy of the game, and the bugs seem to be fixed.

Z5eEZ6A.png PHNV584.png

Cairpre was not mentioned in the ending, but then again, the few blocks of text dedicated to the Silesse epilogue only seem to support mention of the second generation wind mage, their wife, and Erin's children and their lovers.

I also did not get the same game ending crash. I tested it with Snes9X 64-bit v1.53 and the Geiger debugger v1.51.

It might be time to update the beta to version 8 soon, so that we can settle the bugs that have already been reported. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DDS said:

Cairpre was not mentioned in the ending, but then again, the few blocks of text dedicated to the Silesse epilogue only seem to support mention of the second generation wind mage, their wife, and Erin's children and their lovers.

So given the option between a lowborn Hero of Manster and any of Lewyn's twerps, history chooses to remember the former every time? That's amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the names be changed to the ones on the Heroes website? Genealogy has the most updated names

Sorry in advance if it has been asked before

Edited by Jerek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jrispone19 said:

I need help patching, I patch it, and it says File was successfully patched!, but I run it and it says, bad checksum. Please help.

You're using the right rom, just get a clean version and apply the other patch. The problem is that you applied a patch to a version of the rom that doesn't quite match. The other one should work just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...