bookofholsety

FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

The Valflame animation is messed up in the end of chapter 5 cutscene. I tested this after seeing the thread, comparing the original unpatched game with the latest beta, on Snes9x 1.56.2 (ie. the latest version) On the unpatched game it worked fine, of course, but on the patched version with everything else the screen, the little meteors impact at the top of the screen instead of around/onto the target. Not sure if this is a problem anywhere else in the game. Is this an issue on a more accurate like higan or on console?

Edited by Hozu

On 11/8/2018 at 8:08 PM, Hozu said:

The Valflame animation is messed up in the end of chapter 5 cutscene. I tested this after seeing the thread, comparing the original unpatched game with the latest beta, on Snes9x 1.56.2 (ie. the latest version) On the unpatched game it worked fine, of course, but on the patched version with everything else the screen, the little meteors impact at the top of the screen instead of around/onto the target. Not sure if this is a problem anywhere else in the game. Is this an issue on a more accurate like higan or on console?

I noticed that too. Running RetroArch with a bsnes-mercury core, if that matters. It's not a big issue but it's something!

Not sure if anyone cares, but I tried puting a rom with this patch into my snes classic, and it does not work. I assume it's because the snes classic's emulator is more similar to zsnes then snes9x. 

On 1/18/2019 at 9:19 PM, Jonahtron said:

Not sure if anyone cares, but I tried puting a rom with this patch into my snes classic, and it does not work. I assume it's because the snes classic's emulator is more similar to zsnes then snes9x. 

I did the same thing, but have it working. Looking forward to playing this game for the first time!

I'm using the old hakchi 2 (not ce) with retroarch to run this game. Try downloading retroarch with a snes9x core. I'm pretty sure you still need to add '--retroarch' at the end of the command line to make retroarch run it on the ce version. If I'm wrong, just look up how to use snes cores with retroarch in hakchi 2ce. Have another go, it's definitely possible. Good luck!

Edited by J42

I realize it's a nontrivial change, but would it be possible to make the battle forecast use the modern simplified style? Constantly having to mentally subtract to figure out damage is annoying, and one of my friends stopped playing the game because of it.

20 hours ago, eyeballfrog said:

I realize it's a nontrivial change, but would it be possible to make the battle forecast use the modern simplified style? Constantly having to mentally subtract to figure out damage is annoying, and one of my friends stopped playing the game because of it.

Nope.avi

On 1/21/2019 at 9:39 AM, J42 said:

I did the same thing, but have it working. Looking forward to playing this game for the first time!

I'm using the old hakchi 2 (not ce) with retroarch to run this game. Try downloading retroarch with a snes9x core. I'm pretty sure you still need to add '--retroarch' at the end of the command line to make retroarch run it on the ce version. If I'm wrong, just look up how to use snes cores with retroarch in hakchi 2ce. Have another go, it's definitely possible. Good luck!

Hey, it’s been awhile, but I did finally get it to work. This also let me play Thracia and Wario’s Woods on my snes classic. Thanks for the help!

Sorry if this has already been asked, but trying to play this via Snes9x on Android (with either of the headered patches) always results in an error. Should I try a different emulator?

In Chapter 7, if you kill Ishtore before you kill Liza (which I accomplished with the use of the Sleep sword), this happens:

414156528_FireEmblem-SeisennoKeifu001.png.540a486d99b2b4c13dd51c23c6488b47.png340901256_FireEmblem-SeisennoKeifu002.png.b332ff1103ef8a74df5548928cd6862d.png

The text also skips from the first line to the second as soon as it's finished displaying (ie, without you pressing the A button).

On 6/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, RJWalker said:

In Chapter 7, if you kill Ishtore before you kill Liza (which I accomplished with the use of the Sleep sword), this happens:

414156528_FireEmblem-SeisennoKeifu001.png.540a486d99b2b4c13dd51c23c6488b47.png340901256_FireEmblem-SeisennoKeifu002.png.b332ff1103ef8a74df5548928cd6862d.png

The text also skips from the first line to the second as soon as it's finished displaying (ie, without you pressing the A button).

Well, do you have a .SRM file that can prove it?

Edited by LittleWittleKitty
I forgot to add the word file.

Absolutely loving this patch with all its updated names and terminology. I do have just one teensy weensy negligible quibble though, which is the capitalization (or lack thereof) of the second word of item names, i.e., Iron sword instead of Iron Sword.