Jump to content
bookofholsety

FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

Recommended Posts

On 3/7/2018 at 12:48 PM, Kitty-cay said:

I'm also having trouble running this on android. I have the snes9x EX+ emulator, which ran the unpatched Rom and gharnef patch perfectly. I have patched and ran the project naga version without issue on my PC, so I copied the file onto an sd card on my phone. Everytime I clicked on it though, the app said error loading game. So I downloaded a prepatched Rom from Google, didn't work either. Then I took a clean Rom and patched it on my phone, still didn't work. It seems that the app does not want to work with this patch on my phone. Does anyone know what I should do to get it to work?

Edit: Got it to work with RetroArch

How? I've been trying to get it to work for weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2018 at 12:48 PM, Kitty-cay said:

I'm also having trouble running this on android. I have the snes9x EX+ emulator, which ran the unpatched Rom and gharnef patch perfectly. I have patched and ran the project naga version without issue on my PC, so I copied the file onto an sd card on my phone. Everytime I clicked on it though, the app said error loading game. So I downloaded a prepatched Rom from Google, didn't work either. Then I took a clean Rom and patched it on my phone, still didn't work. It seems that the app does not want to work with this patch on my phone. Does anyone know what I should do to get it to work?

Edit: Got it to work with RetroArch

How? I haven't been able to do it in weeks. Please help me people of the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it to run on RetroArch, but I only got it up to ~105% with fast forward, which is unacceptable for FE4. Maybe one of the ~30 SNES cores would have been better, but the 5 or so I tried all either didn't work or were running at ~50% or barely hitting 100%.

John Ness runs with a bit of audio distortion at 800%, and fine at 100%.

 

So far the best is SuperRetro16, but it looks like it got removed from the Play Store before I could upgrade it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm trying to emulate a patched FE4 (Genealogy of the Holy War) and I've attempted this multiple times with multiple emulators, and multiple methods of patching (both letting the emulator patch it and manually patching the rom). The rom itself works fine pre-patch, but once I patch it, the game freezes just after the title screen (here is a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/kZWcrcO) Does anyone know of a way to resolve this? I've tried both EmuHawk (with SNES9x core) and SNES9x itself, no difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey people anyone know how to help with an android patch? (I am a total newbie to patching anything)

I got Snes9x on my android phone and the unpatched works fine. Which first off is great. Managed to get unipatcher and get a patched version which turned into fe4. smc patched. When I load it though the screen goes blank and nothing happens, any advice or help would be fantastic. 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 2:21 AM, princessliv32 said:

So I'm trying to emulate a patched FE4 (Genealogy of the Holy War) and I've attempted this multiple times with multiple emulators, and multiple methods of patching (both letting the emulator patch it and manually patching the rom). The rom itself works fine pre-patch, but once I patch it, the game freezes just after the title screen (here is a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/kZWcrcO) Does anyone know of a way to resolve this? I've tried both EmuHawk (with SNES9x core) and SNES9x itself, no difference.

I would make sure you know if your rom is headered or unheadered. Worst case download a different clean rom. Try running it on a regular PC before on any mobile device so you know if it's a compatibility issue or something else. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 7:22 PM, The Fir Coat said:

I got it to run on RetroArch, but I only got it up to ~105% with fast forward, which is unacceptable for FE4. Maybe one of the ~30 SNES cores would have been better, but the 5 or so I tried all either didn't work or were running at ~50% or barely hitting 100%.

John Ness runs with a bit of audio distortion at 800%, and fine at 100%.

 

So far the best is SuperRetro16, but it looks like it got removed from the Play Store before I could upgrade it.

Sideload the one that got culled from the Play Store?

Maybe the performance could be due to weaker hardware if your phone is older. Or try uninstalling apps, clearing cache, killing background processes, etc. to speed up your phone.

Fastforward worked flawlessly on my N3DS, which I have to assume is less powerful than most smartphones so i would try my latter suggestion. I thought there was a SNES9X for Android..?

Edited by AyraXLex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snes9x doesn't work with Project Naga on Android.

The game won't load. I've tried the same file on the PC version of Snes9x and it loads fine. Snes9x just doesn't read the file on android.

Edited by The Fir Coat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I'm at the beginning of Ch. 2, and this is happening to me. If I try to exit the castle, it freezes on a black screen. Anyone know what the issue is?

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DeltaPatcher and DeltaPatcherLite won't patch my xdelta files. This is my log

[15.37.04] Original file "Fire Emblem 4 - Seisen no Keifu (J).smc" selected.
[15.37.10] Patch file "fe4_beta_7_for_headered_rom.xdelta" selected.
[15.37.12] Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!)
[15.37.12] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sander said:

DeltaPatcher and DeltaPatcherLite won't patch my xdelta files. This is my log

[15.37.04] Original file "Fire Emblem 4 - Seisen no Keifu (J).smc" selected.
[15.37.10] Patch file "fe4_beta_7_for_headered_rom.xdelta" selected.
[15.37.12] Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!)
[15.37.12] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Update: I noticed on the readme it said to use either xdelta or ips, I had already patched the ips files.
However now the game won't load at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sanjo said:

Update: I noticed on the readme it said to use either xdelta or ips, I had already patched the ips files.
However now the game won't load at all.

Applying multiple patches tends to cause issues. Be sure to only apply one patch to your rom. It is also possible your rom has a header and you applied the headerless patch, or vice versa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darrman said:

Applying multiple patches tends to cause issues. Be sure to only apply one patch to your rom. It is also possible your rom has a header and you applied the headerless patch, or vice versa. 

Oh I see! Can I unpatch the two ips'es from the game or do I have to redownload the rom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're going to have to get another one. In future, it's good practice to make a copy of a clean rom in case anything goes wrong.

Edited by Darrman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was something done with this patch that prevents Seliph/Julia from working? They don't seem to start with 490 love points when Julia spawns despite my not resetting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bookofholsety hasn't been giving updates on translation progress on twitter since December. He didn't do his usual yearly "I'm Still Working etc." post on FE4's anniversary this year either. 

It's probably not dead but this silence is admittedly kind of concerning, especially after a bunch of the Holy War content we've gotten in Heroes so far this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2020 at 6:54 AM, NovaMCdude said:

bookofholsety hasn't been giving updates on translation progress on twitter since December. He didn't do his usual yearly "I'm Still Working etc." post on FE4's anniversary this year either. 

It's probably not dead but this silence is admittedly kind of concerning, especially after a bunch of the Holy War content we've gotten in Heroes so far this year.

 

On 7/21/2020 at 1:51 AM, axelloid said:

Is this still alive??

I talked to romhacker DDS at Twitter before, he told me this:

I have no idea, sorry. Bookofholsety was still in the process of refining the script and updating names to match the current canon. Though I'm embarrassed my last updates to the beta created a few problems. If we ever update it, I need to fix or revert them.

Edited by Hengki Kusuma Adi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...